Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan > WindClan Events

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
It all falls down [SHC...
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 12:21 AM
ThunderClan Undercrag
by dino.
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Yesterday 11:51 PM
ShadowClan Territory
by Fawn
Yesterday 11:45 PM
Redshift's Spreadsheet...
Last post by Dolomedes
Yesterday 11:23 PM
Battle Basics [Open to ShC]
Yesterday 11:13 PM
Closed Thread

Old September 21st, 2023, 04:21 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Justice Has Been Served [ WindClan Battle Healing ]

| Lightningpaw |
Flock Together [Tier 2] - Inactive

"Hmmm... Kits and schemes," Lightningpaw mused for a moment before her face cracked a devilish grin. "Fairly certain I know a Kitten or two who might be up for it," she purred in amusement. Cowtuft would probably have no clue who she was talking about, but that honestly just made her giggles that much more abundant. Somehow the idea of Firestorm's face at being added into kit schemes was too funny to remain serious. For herself, of course. The pale tabby would probably have a few words if she found out what she was trying to tangle her into.

Just as swiftly as her laughter had bubbled to the surface, however, it simmered away, shoulders tensing up at the memory. Right... Cowtuft probably hadn't a clue. How could he? Everything had just been so... chaotic. She was saved from having to say. From having to explain. The medicine cat apprentice considered telling him anyway. Her mentor deserved to know but... She was just so tired all of a sudden. And besides, the news could wait. Telling him wouldn't make Puddleburr suddenly better. His condition was... quite permanent and out of her powers to cure. He was in StarClan's paws now.

It was only due to the fact that it was as good as second nature to her by now that she saw the gestures Cowtuft used. Understood them as he continued signing, not even noticing the change to spoken for a moment or two, blinking in surprise up at him at his admission. Lightningpaw gritted her teeth, her head hanging for only a moment as she tried to hide the grimness in her expression, her eyes shut tight as she replayed the scene in her mind. Puddleburr's body, the rabid RiverClan cat, and poor Mousefern... left to her own devices as the calico tried to take his corpse away. And for what? It made no logical sense to endanger both herself and Mousefern for a cat that was already dead... and yet...

"I made a mistake," she admitted, her voice wavering as she took a deep breath. "I thought... I could get to him in time. Didn't realize he was dead already. That the arsehole had killed him before he had even noticed he was being attacked. I shouldn't have gone out. I should have left well enough alone when I realized that he was dead but... I thought... What if they just tread on him? Bury him deeper into the muck? Forget that he was once a cat and not just debris in the battlefield? And for what? To put myself in danger? Put others in danger as well? Just... pointless, really..."

As if realizing herself, Lightningpaw's eyes flew open, still locked to the ground. She never vented this way. Let her emotions get in the way of her job. She was assigned to make others feel better, not toss her own misgivings or mistakes at them. And what was worse... she was doing this to Cowtuft. Like her mentor didn't have enough problems of his own. She could only imagine what went on in his own mind, considering all the battles he had no doubt seen in his lifetime.

All it took was one more deep breath. One more self reprimand at how she was letting herself go. How she was letting emotions guide her actions, just like they had in the battlefield. How could she make the same mistake as she was talking about it? She wouldn't... Instead, she raised her head, her eyes closed once more in a cheeky half grin, large ears perked up as she hid behind the comfort of her happy go lucky, arrogant mask.

"You're right though. We get used to it. Think I've seen enough bodies at this point to not be making rookie mistakes like those. At this rate, I'm never earning my full name, am I?" she mewed, her voice laced with mock exasperation as she opened one eye, sticking out her tongue with an air of mischief. She was fairly certain her mask had slipped for long enough to concern the black and white tom, but if she could maybe hold on to it for longer. Make him think twice on what he'd heard. Maybe even forget it altogether. It was worth the display if only to help him keep his own peace of mind.

-

@x ghostie [Cowtuft]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old September 21st, 2023, 04:29 PM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours

( oh jeez I'm late super late I forgot to post here, by now who knows if crooked paw has infected muzzle x_x I'm so sorry crooky)

Fireflame limped into the medicine den, dragging crookedpaw along who is hesitating to meet the medicine cats, she looked around before calling out" lightning paw? Cowtuft? Dear sorry for disturbing I had to find crookedpaw and drag him in here to get our wounds checked" she said dropping crooked paws scruff and putting her paw over his bushy tail. Crooked paw tried to escape but eventually gave up and curled into a ball his eye only peering our out to see the medicine cats.
@Alchemist Kitsune @x ghostie

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up

Last edited by SpiritWolf_yt; September 21st, 2023 at 04:33 PM.
Old September 21st, 2023, 05:52 PM
leave the past behind

My Mood: Fine

Goldenpaw
he/him | WindClan Apprentice
Kitty Softpaws - always active
With an exorbitant amount of reluctance, Goldenpaw allowed Lightningpaw to stick that horrid, chewed up herb mixture on his cut. A shudder ran through him at the damp feeling, uugh, but he acted like a very mature cat and did not move, or gag, or try to brush it off, or—before his resolve broke and he actually did do any of those things, cobwebs were being wrapped over it and it was all over. Okay. Okay, cool, everything was fine.

Thinking about a potential infection made him feel incredibly ill, so he opted to not do that. "I think I'd rather just lose the limb," he muttered. Technically, that was a joke, but he'd never told one before in his life and so did not quite deliver that sentence with the right amount of... jokiness.

Eyes flickering off to the side, he added, "I'm fine. It doesn't hurt much." Now, it did still hurt more than a bit—not to mention he felt icky now that all that stuff was on it and he couldn't clean it off—but he didn't think there was anything else Lightningpaw could do to fix that.

lio was here ♥

Last edited by ameko; September 21st, 2023 at 11:28 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2023, 02:17 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningpaw |

Lightningpaw thought she was done. No one had shown up for some time, and their herbs had taken such a dip. Evidently, things were never that easy - this had not been easy, of course, but it was almost fair... she was only emotionally drained and exhausted, but still standing - as two more patients cropped up, much to the medicine cat apprentice's surprise. Large ears perking up as she heard the former queen's voice, the lithe molly stumbled out of her nest towards the entrance burrow, only to see Fireflame - the less angry, less likely to bite her Fire - with little Crookedpaw accompanying her. The tom seemed to be feeling shy, and judging by the molly's words he most certainly was. No doubt scared after the battle. Honestly, the apprentice couldn't even believe he had been allowed to join the group leading the fight in the first place.

Deciding to focus on Fireflame first after noticing her leg, the molly winced internally, keeping a carefully professional, pleasant expression on her face as to not add to the warrior's stress. "You certainly took a blow, didn't you, love? Here, let me call Cowtuft. We thought we were done, but trust me, we are glad to have you here. These things are best tended to as quickly as possible," she mewed before turning her attention to Crookedpaw. "Hey love, how are you feeling? I'm sorry I can't tend you instantly. I'm going to get the medicine cat here so that we can help you both out, alright?" the young molly signed at the apprentice, unable to get a good enough view at his wounds but smelling the telling, metallic scent of blood from him all the same.

Heading towards the herb storage, the molly stopped first by the medicine cat's sleeping quarters, assuming that he might have been resting after the long day much like she had been doing. "Hey, Tufty? I have Fireflame and Crookedpaw here. Haven't been able to take a good look at their wounds yet, but thought it best to get you. I'm fairly certain Fireflame's front left leg is broken. I'm off to get marigold, sticks, and poppy seeds from the storage. Maybe some of that ivy to help bind the stick. Might need some dandelion too, but like I said, haven't gotten a good enough look. Anything else you need urgent while I make the trip?" she asked as she entered the burrow, hoping her lightning quick tongue wasn't talking to an empty den. The tom did have the propensity to wander.

-

@x ghostie [Cowtuft] | @Spirit_life_yt [Fireflame - Crookedpaw]

Old September 23rd, 2023, 07:37 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Her patrolmate hadn't been ready to leave when she had, so Deadmoon had taken off on her own. Hollyfang was a warrior, she could handle getting cobwebs by herself, and Lightningpaw needed them NOW. The stick covered in cobwebs, three of them, was tightly gripped in her maw as she made her way back into camp, making a beeline for the medicine cats. Waving her head around to get their attention(for obvious reasons she couldn't talk) she approached Lightningpaw, hoping the medicine cat apprentice would know what to do with it because she definitely didn't. @Alchemist Kitsune
Old September 23rd, 2023, 08:49 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningpaw |
Flock Together [Tier 1] - Inactive

There was a moment of silence that followed Goldenpaw's admission, Lightningpaw offering a small, blank stare, until a small snort escaped her. She wasn't certain if the older apprentice was being truthful or if it was a joke, but either option certainly brought a giggle out of the medicine cat apprentice. It would be rather silly if he truly preferred losing the limb, considering all the poultices he would then need on a daily basis just to keep him alive while the wound healed. Still, she could appreciate his squeamishness. The spotted molly wasn't certain if she would have the stomach for half the things she had seen in her young life if she hadn't been training in the science of healing.

His small - hopeful - joke aside, the medicine cat apprentice adopted a far more passive, stern expression at his offpaw comment. On how it didn't hurt. Much. Before she sent him on his way, the lithe calico stooped, looking for some poppy seeds from amongst their dwindling stores - she would need to make a small trip for some soon, just another herb to add to the not enough of anymore pile - grabbing a single seed, she offered it to the apprentice, nudging it carefully towards him. "Here. Last herb of the day, I promise. It will help with your pain, and it will help with rest. I don't want you moving around too much for the rest of today or tomorrow. Give that shoulder a break while it heals. If your mentor gives you any grief, send 'er my way. I'll give her such a lighting fast speech she won't know what hit her," the blue eyed she-cat purred in amusement, letting him know that if there were no more questions, he was free to leave for the comfort of his own nest.

-

@ameko [Goldenpaw]

Old September 27th, 2023, 06:19 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Mousefern
Windclan
She/her

Mousefern lay silently, chin resting on her paws, watching as the healers bumbled about. Her gaze shifted to the warriors who had brought her here, watching silently as they left. While she sat here waiting, she came to the conclusion that it hurt a whole lot less if she didn’t move. If her breathing was slow and steady, she could hardly feel that pain that thrummed within her side. Even so, there was still the sting from her open wounds, too.

Despite that, she didn’t say a word… Simply just waiting. She wasn’t about to rush anybody. Her silence could be seen as a bit unnerving, though. Ever the friendly, talkative molly–that’s who she always was, so seeing her just… Sitting there. Quietly. Without a word. It was an oddity indeed.

[ @x ghostie @Alchemist Kitsune i forgot about mousie oopsie daisy]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old September 28th, 2023, 10:50 PM
Crunchy Leaves

| Lightningpaw |

Lightningpaw frowned, Mousefern's lack of response concerning. Cowtuft had spoken softly, but had spoken nonetheless, and from what little the apprentice knew of this molly, she hadn't seemed the type to simply ignore an important question like that. She had fought tooth and claw while she was trying to make away with Puddleburr's body. There was no way that she would be so void of emotion now. Perhaps against her... if she held some level of resentment towards her. The calico would not blame the warrior. She deserved it. But Cowtuft had done nothing wrong. Which meant there had to be something severely wrong here.

As if sent by StarClan themselves - not that the medicine cat apprentice fooled herself with such notions - Deadmoon arrived, carrying the precious cobwebs Mousefern needed now. "Oh, you right beauty! Thanks so much, love!" she called out to the pale brown molly as she rushed forward, eagerly taking the cobweb covered stick from her. "This should be enough to get us started here. You should rest now. I'll see to your injuries once Mousefern is stabilized."

Returning to her mentor's side, the young molly began making a poultice, worry clear in her face as she chewed the marigold, sunfuzz and dandelion, her numb tongue feeling none of the latter's numbing properties anymore. Cautiously, she pushed the burnet towards Mousefern, speaking only once she was done with the poultice. "Eat up, love. You need your strength," she mewed, exchanging a concerned glance with Cowtuft before attempting to prepare the wounds for the poultice.

-

@x ghostie [Cowtuft] | @Omari [Mousefern] | @gs29513 [Deadmoon]
| No need to have Deadmoon stick around for treatment is she needs none! Lightning is just hyper focused on Mousefern right now so she hasn't fully assessed anyone else's wounds. Feel free to have Deadmoon leave here, no response needed. Thank you for the cobwebs! |

Old October 5th, 2023, 12:28 AM
:P

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days !
My Mood: Lurking

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ [ COWTUFT ‼ ] ˚。⋆ ༘˚✧
┆彡 THE GENTLE GIANT
| WINDCLAN'S MEDICINE CAT | 26 MOONS ✮✮✮
✩。°°。✩ he . . him ➔ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears. scars cover his neck. x-marks on his shoulders and his left hindleg is covered in burn scars
╭₊˚purrks﹕monkey's paw, the collector, herb knowledge ₊˚੭
∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧─ ────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Alchemist Kitsune
Lightningpaw's amusement was loss on Cowtuft. She carried a devilish grin, a tell-tale sign of mischief and he slightly tilted his head to the side. (Something of a habit whenever he felt confusion. Childish, maybe, but a habit all the same.) He didn't press and only let a smile spread across his lips, offering a short nod in response. "That would be lovely .. " Cowtuft gestured, surely he knew a few little ones who would join in.

Regret simmered in his chest at the way Lightningpaw's shoulders tensed up. Oh golly, he hadn't meant to make her upset. He fidgeted with the grass absentmindedly, "we do not.. have to talk about it.. if you wish, " He prompted gently, he is always unpleasant to think about memories you wished to keep .. acknowledged. Still she complied and Cowtuft swallowed nervously. Eyes darting about to look at their clanmates.

His expression shifted into one of deeper confusion and guilt. (he was never good at hiding them) Silence drifted after Lightningpaw explained as he fumbled with his thoughts to gather a response. He couldn't deny it was reckless but how could he say that? He wished to wash away any insecurity. "Lightning,, little lily,, " Cowtuft tested, floppy ears pressing against his head. "that .. that was dangerous,, yes.. but I .. do not think it was a mistake.. not really — because of you their family can .. can say their goodbyes.. properly .. Your worries were not without ground .. please, do not fault yourself.. for this.." The gentle giant shuffled forward, "you have heart. That is.. never a flaw,," He spoke firmly, nodding his head.

He shuffled forward and attempted to gently wrap Lightningpaw in a small hug, tail trying to wrap around her smaller body. He wondered briefly if he did the right thing. Bringing her into this role when .. well. It didn't have a good track record. He let out a small chuff noise, shaking his head back and forth at the statement. It had been lighthearted but he didn't like the way it sounded. Especially knowing it was false. "Be nice to yourself.." He scolded softly, reaching out to gently paw at her ear.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧─ ───✧₊∘∘₊✧──────

⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Alchemist Kitsune @Spirit_life_yt
Cowtuft was curled up in his nest (it was .. a bit torn up but it still served its purpose for now) until someone came approaching his doorway. He hadn't drifted off to sleep yet and his eyes slowly fluttered open, glancing towards the doorway. At the sound of a familiar voice Cowtuft shuffled to sit up. Sleepiness was hazy on his mind but he nodded his head slowly, processing the information. Fireflame, Crookedpaw. Broken leg. He sucked a sharp breath through his teeth (ouch) and nodded his head.

"That should be alright, " The medicine cat quipped quietly, moving out of his nest and to the entrance. He popped into the main section to see the two. Really,, two broken legs,, goodness. He really wished Fireflame had came earlier when there were more herbs.. Cowtuft dipped his head in greeting to the two. He had not a clue how the warrior was standing. The other cat (,, he forgot who specifically had the broken leg) hadn't been phased either!

"Lightningpaw should be here with herbs in a second .. why don't you take a rest in one of the nests, Fireflame..? Would be good to get off that leg..!" He gestured, turning to the apprentice very much curled up into a tight ball. He moved forward, bending down to look at the other. "Hiya, dear .. would you mind me getting a look at your wounds?" Poor lad,, he seemed so frightened.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧─ ───✧₊∘∘₊✧──────

⌦ .。.:* ✮ @something. @Alchemist Kitsune
Uhmm. Hm!! Cowtuft gazed at Mousefern with puzzlement before exchanging a look towards Lightningpaw. He wasn't familiar with the warrior, maybe they simply weren't talkative. Luckily, Deadmoon came with cobwebs though he felt a bit embarrassed about ripping up his nest now. It had been a bloody good nest. It was somewhat in tact but still. Well, who knew. Maybe the moss would come in paw.

The medicine cat stayed a small distance away, allowing Lightningpaw to handle the molly. Cowtuft hadn't received a response either to his question that had been directed at his apprentice. Admittedly, she very likely missed it in-between gestures. He rose to his paws and ducked into their herb storage to get an overview of their herbs. They could use a bit more poppy seeds and marigold. With that in mind he headed back out and approached Lightningpaw.

Cowtuft attempted to gently nudge her with his nose. "Think ..mostly everyone has come in by now.. and since you are wrapping up with Mousefern — I am a bit worried, but I think she will be alright .. truly .. — I think I will go look for a few herbs .. alrighty?"

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; October 5th, 2023 at 01:11 AM.
Old October 5th, 2023, 08:10 AM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours

fireflame glanced at crooked paw as he made a tight ball the molly rolled her eyes and looked up to see lightning paw get cowtuft. After some wait time cowtuft came out of his nest, the molly twitched her nose as cowtuft spoke. The orange striped molly nodded and took her paw that was on crookedpaws tail off and she limped to a nest, a frown of discomfort soon appeared as she laid down to fast into a nest. Once laying down she began to groom herself and took it upong to lick her injured leg for no good reason while waiting for them to tend her wounds.

Crookedpaw stayed curled tightly in a ball hesitating to speak her move, his eyes looked up as cowtuft approached and started talking. Sure leave the scared apprentice with cowtuft while you rest sure it was all fireflames plan, the tom followed cowtuft with his eyes as he lowered. He peered at the medicine blankly unsure what to do, he squinted his eyes before relaxing himself. The brown striped tom moved his head up as he just laid their, his injury on the mouth showing as he tilted his head curious but still frighten The tom flicked his tail as he squeaked.

( @xX ghostie Xx @Alchemist Kitsune)

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up

Last edited by SpiritWolf_yt; October 5th, 2023 at 08:10 AM.
Closed Thread