Last post by Dolomedes
Today 03:35 PM

Old December 30th, 2020, 10:19 PM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Moonlit Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by feather lily View Post
“ right sorry” ashfur hadn’t done pretty much anything with doetuft “ yes I think so” he said feeling and sniffing the flower “ let’s get as many as we can and then head back.” He felt awkward how was he so stupid to ask if she saw anything
She was unable to help the rolling of her eyes as her clanmate proceeded to just apologize. Just admit your mistake and don't do anything of the like again, it was that level of easy, but nevertheless the scarred tabby molly easily moved over and nipped off the stalks of the dandelions, gesturing to the other cat to do the exact same. "Let's... get back now... then. And don't... trip over anything." It seemed at times she was not the blind one when it came to walking like her clanmates. They had a tendency to fall of every small things that their eyes could easily spot but hey, such was things. Dandelions grasped carefully in her jaw Doetuft made to leave the grove, carefully and nimbly.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old December 30th, 2020, 10:32 PM

My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post

She was unable to help the rolling of her eyes as her clanmate proceeded to just apologize. Just admit your mistake and don't do anything of the like again, it was that level of easy, but nevertheless the scarred tabby molly easily moved over and nipped off the stalks of the dandelions, gesturing to the other cat to do the exact same. "Let's... get back now... then. And don't... trip over anything." It seemed at times she was not the blind one when it came to walking like her clanmates. They had a tendency to fall of every small things that their eyes could easily spot but hey, such was things. Dandelions grasped carefully in her jaw Doetuft made to leave the grove, carefully and nimbly.
Ashfur nodded “ ok if we need we can come back for more” He wasn’t sure if this was enough and wanted to come back if it wasn’t, he started to walk back making sure he didn’t trip though he never did. “ do you think this is enough? I don’t want us to get to little and then running out soon and it being to cold to get some”
Old December 31st, 2020, 11:25 PM
emergency hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by feather lily View Post
Ashfur nodded “ ok if we need we can come back for more” He wasn’t sure if this was enough and wanted to come back if it wasn’t, he started to walk back making sure he didn’t trip though he never did. “ do you think this is enough? I don’t want us to get to little and then running out soon and it being to cold to get some”
Was it enough? It wasn't like she could see how much he'd gathered and Doetuft let out an irritated snort through her nostrils as she tried her best to keep herself from smacking her clanmate across the face. Ok, he got off because she didn't want to loose this precious cargo, and therefore just nodded. It wasn't like she could speak very well around the stalks of dandelion and she was not about to go ahead and embarrass herself in front of this cat that she didn't really enjoy's company. With that, she left the grove and started headed back to camp.

[feel free to report it, if you cant, please let me know via VM]

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old February 9th, 2021, 01:26 PM
this night is sparkling

Berrysky sat staring at the stars, a carefree expression on their face.
Old April 1st, 2021, 11:49 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Hopeful

->Ebonyfang

The medicine cat was taking the day to go out and find some herbs. If things went well for him perhaps maybe he'd us gather herbs himself. Patrols never worked out and he needed the herbs in order to heal his clanmates. He was making a bunch of trips to different parts of the territory as he really couldn't carry everything in one trip.

Ebonyfang was very careful among the graves. He wanted to be as respectful as he could and give them thanks for the herbs that grew among them. He scented the air and kept his eyesight on everything. Among one of the graves was chervil. He went over and picked a couple. That would be good for now.

"Thank you for those buried here. We appreciate the herbs you give us.", he meowed in a hushed voice. He gave a moment of silence before heading back to camp.

(+4 chervil)

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do

Old December 26th, 2021, 10:32 PM

My Mood: Cool

Goldenstep weaved through the dense undergrowth and closely packed trees into the grove. She sat down and let the light of the moon wash over her. There was something different and eery about this place at night that made it seem closer to Starclan than during the day. Right now she wanted to be as close to Starclan as she could manage with the anniversary of Lilyleap's death quickly approaching and her belly growing heavier with another litter of Elmshadow's kits. She sat down and looked up to the stars.

How did you do it? You always made everything seem so effortless. Though having Gingercry as her mate surely helped. She nearly chuckled aloud to herself. She'd managed to find the exact opposite of her father in her mate. Where Gingercry was carefree and relaxed, Elmshadow was stiff and stoic. Gingercry loved being a father and he was a good grandfather. Elmshadow...he seemed to want to change. She was angry with herself for putting herself in this position once again. Everything had seemed perfect but suddenly all of her worries and concerns throughout Sunsetpaw, Chamomilepaw, and Ashpaw's kithood were bombarding her mind. And she was again stuck in that same loop. Would she be left to raise the kits by herself again? Would these kits be left with the same hole where their father figure should be?

She sat down heavily. Her paws ached and her heart was weighing her down even more than her belly full of kits. She loved Elmshadow, she loved him more than she ever loved anybody, including herself. But the love she felt for her kits was suddenly making her see everything she never wanted to see, and question everything she never wanted to question.

She was startled by a sound and quickly rose to her paws, turning to face the source. A familiar, bulky orange shape lumbered through the brush. Goldenstep relaxed and sat back down, smiling gently at her father. "Hello, Gingercry. It's awfully cold for you to be all the way out here."

Gingercry guffawed and hobbled up beside his daughter. "Are you trying to tell me I'm too old to be out in my own territory?" He glanced down at her belly, the edges softening into the unmistakable rounding of kits."If either of us shouldn't be out here alone..."

Goldenstep flicked Gingercry with her thickly feathered tail. "Oh, I'm saying nothing of the sort." She shrugged and looked back to the sky. "You're right. Then I guess it's good that you've come out here as well."

The two ginger cats sat in silence for a few heartbeats, looking to the stars. In a rough voice, choked with uncharacteristic emotion, Gingercry rumbled, "Out here for your mother? I've been thinking a lot about her recently as well."

Goldenstep's eyes shifted to look at her father. She always knew Gingercry loved Lilyleap but he rarely spoke about her. Tentatively she answered, "Yeah, me too. It's that time." She looked back up. "I wish she could meet my kits. I wonder what she'd have to say, what she'd think about them, if she'd be proud. I could really use her advice."

Without looking away from the sky, Gingercry meowed, "She's met them, they haven't met her and they hopefully won't for many moons, but she's watching. And she's always been proud of you. Though..." Gingercry hesitated but something in the stars filled him with a deep emotion pitted in his stomach, urging him to continue. "Honey, Elmshadow," He looked down at Goldenstep. "You deserve better from a mate."

Goldenstep couldn't say she was shocked. She met Gingercry's gaze. "He's changing." But she couldn't meet her father's eyes any longer and looked down to her paws. "He knows he messed up with Ashpaw, Sunsetpaw, and Chamomilepaw. He was raised...different. he didn't know any better. But we talked. He knows about these kits and he wants to do better."

Gingercry nodded slowly, unconvinced. But then nothing would be good enough for his daughter, especially not from Elmshadow. Elmshadow was a good warrior but he had views and behaviors that Gingercry could not understand nor accept. How a tom could abandon his kits and leave his mate to raise them alone was uncomprehendable. That seemed basic, he shouldn't need teaching. But he sighed. He shared his opinion in a moment of emotional openness, the rest was up to Goldenstep, he had no control over her life but he'd be here with her till the end.
Gingercry
Old January 8th, 2022, 05:38 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Rookscreech was aware that the Moonlit Grove was a place not intended for hunting and it upset cats if you broke that rule. However, the rule said nothing about napping, mind you. How would that be disrespectful to the dead? It's just sleeping. She'd normally sleep in the Mourning Ruins but that rat accident she heard about really sounded concerning, even if it happened long ago.

The moon was shining into the grove, as the name suggested. Various little markers marked the graves of the dead. Rocks, mounds, even little presents people had left for their long-gone loved ones. Rookscreech only came here when she needed some piece and quiet or simply something to do. She didn't have any loved ones, dead or alive, so she didn't know which grave was which. The cats that could have been considered her loved ones either disappeared without a trace or pushed her away. Either way, Rookscreech had promised herself not to mourn the dead. StarClan was basically like a perfect life, anyway. She wondered how many of those cats who left were dead now. It seemed...unlikely. More accurately, it seemed unlikely that this was the reason they were missing. They could have left and then dies, of course. But they wouldn't just die. Rookscreech had heard many cats had encountered their dead loved ones in dreams. It was almost a regular occurence in her adoptive family, as their whole line met in the dark forest. Except her, of course. She'd always be the adopted one. The one no one actually wanted. And then they just left. All of them. And then she pushed Shrewstep away and it honestly didn't matter anymore. He was fine. Everyone was fine. And she knew they were going to leave someday anyway. They ALWAYS did. She knew well that, although she was not physically violent towards herself, she intentionally thought about people leaving her and abandoning her to punish herself. She'd cry about things that never happened. And she kept letting cats in despite knowing that they'd leave one day. She really hated herself, huh. Why else would she keep falling for the same trick over and over again? Well, at this point she kind of didn't suffer anymore. She was used to it, you know? No point in crying.

She knew that.

So why was she still upset?

She swore she'd come to terms with it. That she'd learnt her lesson. She'd crushed all empathy and optimism in her soul. She never fully trusted anyone. When Finchpaw was still around, she acted all buddy-buddy but she was fully prepared for him to betray her. Yet...that somehow didn't stop her from loving him as a best friend and aching so much when he disappeared.

She swore she'd never mourn the dead. She didn't say anything about the living.

The black she cat curled up under a bush around the edge of the grove. She looked out at the graves enviously. At least someone still remembers you.
Old February 4th, 2022, 05:09 PM
Three rats in a raincoat

Bump Policy: Whenever

~Shinepaw~

The apprentice strolled into the Moonlit Grove. The she-cat stretched and her back cracked. She shifted her weight, and sprinted up a tree, claws outstretched. The silver cat dangled from a branch, and scrambled up the tree once more, until she finally climbed onto a sturdy branch. "Ha!" she grinned.

She sheathed her claws and sat in the tree, looking down on all the grass, bushes, and bugs. "I'm the queen around here," she joked. She lifted her paw up and gingerly groomed herself.

@Wintermist

Have a good day!

Character Tracker-https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...90#post1527690
Old February 4th, 2022, 05:26 PM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Three Days
My Mood: Asleep

Brackentail noticed his former apprentice up in a tree ahead and unsheathed his claws. He leaped onto the nearest branch, leaving claw marks. “Hello Shinepaw, or if it is true that you are now queen, Shinestar,” He smiled at her, and leaped to the branch beside her’s. @InsertCoolNameHere
Old February 4th, 2022, 05:30 PM
Three rats in a raincoat

Bump Policy: Whenever

~Shinepaw~

"That's right, I'm up here, looking down on all the peasents." Shinepaw stuck her tongue out jokingly at Brackentail. "Do you want to come up?" she asked.

(Wait, Barckentail isn't her mentor anymore? Sorry, I miss things.)

@Wintermist

Have a good day!

Character Tracker-https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...90#post1527690