Last post by Astraea
Today 06:20 PM
"How do I say sorry?"...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 06:19 PM

Old July 26th, 2023, 04:43 PM
nothing's forever

Default Re: ThunderClan Warriors' Den

Oh, so this was an angry staring match? Fine. Alderstep met Drizzlecloud's eyes, surprised by the intensity of her gaze. So she was mad mad. Good to know. The deputy did his best to ignore how the hairs on his spine lifted, the way his sense tingled with a fight-or-flight response building up. He had no idea the medicine cat held the power of the Smiting Glare, but now he knew. He regretted knowing, or at least being on the end of that glare. He had no doubt that he looked puny and insignificant in comparison to her.

Alderstep shuddered when Drizzlecloud spoke, her words stinging like nettles in open wounds. Her advance did him no favor, and it was purely self-restraint that kept him from quaking in fear (though this might've been an exaggeration created by his adrenaline rush). He shrank back further into his nest, though the springy moss provided little comfort from the demon he'd unleashed. There was a long list of mistakes Alderstep had made, some more memorable than others, but this moment right here was going to the top at "Number 1, biggest mistake of your pathetic life: the Drizzlecloud incident." No ifs, ands, or buts about that.

With a gulp meant to swallow his fears, Alderstep replied, "That I did," in perhaps the meekest voice he'd ever had since his 'paw days. But Drizzlelcoud kept talking! Though hissing was the more fitting term for this. His mouth worked open and closed, him unable to get in a word edgewise to either defend himself or lash out defensively. And it could very well be fair, because Drizzlecloud did make a point. Avoiding her and not telling her why (that defeated the point of avoidance) had to have made her confused. Alderstep could see that.

But he couldn't see why Drizzlecloud would care. So what if he didn't talk to her or come back for his follow-up? He did that loads of times to many different cats. Nothing about it was personal, except his reasons why. He could lie and say, "Oh, I don't like you, and you smell like fox-dung, go eat your tail," which was better than awkwardly saying, "I probably have commitment issues so I'm going to vanish out of your life like nobody's business." Besides, nobody needed to know the latter, or they probably already knew that anyway. None of that mattered right now, though, because he was still confused as to why Drizzlecloud would be hurt by his actions. It made no sense.

So he just sat there, moss clinging to his sleep-mussed fur, eyes wide and nearly unwilling to back down from defense. The key word was "nearly." Alderstep didn't have a death wish. "...Ow?" he mewed. It'd help if he hadn't just woken up. Wheedling in a sharp breath in between pain-gritted teeth (he was going to hate this), he added more strongly, "Look, I'm sorry. I just do that kind of stuff, okay? Don't take it personally."

There. Problem fixed.

"Can I go back to sleep now?"

And that was truly unintentional.

@Omari feel no need to reply as quickly as i did, you caught me at a good time
Old July 26th, 2023, 05:17 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

This guy wasn’t very good at apologies, nor was he very good at seeing the bigger picture, it seemed.. Good riddance. His supposed ‘apology’ being immediately followed up by ‘can I go back to sleep now?’ rubbed her fur in the wrong direction, and if possible, it only left her in a more frustrated state than she was in before.

“Too late, already took it personally the moment you started avoiding me as if I reeked,” She huffed, lifting a paw to swipe away at the moss that was entangled in his fur. The gesture could’ve been seen as kind and caring if it weren’t for the harsh way that she went about it. Harsh, yet tactical. She was practically openly swatting at him, merely hairs away from actually smacking him–instead landing her hits on the poor, unfortunate pieces of moss instead. “You can go back to sleep after–and only after–I finish talking to you.”

Once she had effectively swatted away every large piece of moss in his fur, she settled herself just in front of him, sitting up straight with her tail curled neatly over her paws, her green eyes staring down at him with unnatural neutrality.

“In case you’ve forgotten, it is my responsibility to take care of my clanmates and make sure that they’re healthy–this may baffle you, but you are included in that group of cats. You are my deputy, and I am your medicine cat.. Your well-being is my responsibility just as much as it is yours.” She leaned over, peering down at him with large, unblinking eyes. “How am I to keep my deputy standing if he does not listen to my most simple requests? I can try my very best to heal you, Alderstep, but if you do not heed my words, how will I keep you whole?”

Big, fancy, eloquent, borderline perplexing words accompanied by an unwavering stare that just seemed to never end. Yeah, she could’ve just told him, get your butt in my den when I tell you to, but blunt intimidation such as that is not her thing. Frightening regality? Now, that was right up her alley.

[ @.squid aldie is on the other end of drizzle’s most raw dialogue up to date]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old July 27th, 2023, 02:31 AM
nothing's forever

[ @Omari you don't need to read what's in the spoiler to be able to reply ]

It was time to start praying to the stars, so it seemed. His apology didn't work (is he surprised?) and Drizzlecloud seemed to have gotten madder. Alderstep sniffed reflexively when the medicine cat mentioned scent, wondering if he'd actually acted that way. He'd never curled his lip at her, not that he thought, so perhaps she was exaggerating. Second thought, yes of course she was exaggerating; what was he, a bird brain? He was surely acting like one, especially when he froze up in stunned silence as Drizzlecloud brushed bits of moss off of him roughly. At least she'd mentioned his out: freedom after the silence began.

And then started Drizzlecloud's tirade, or more appropriately named: lecture. Alderstep's head dipped, his gaze drifting to the paws of his assailant. He hadn't forgotten. He was there too when Bumblestar had pretty much threatened the three of them to do their jobs and do them well. It was hard to forget that day, and how he felt like he was going to drop dead with the way his heart had begun palpitating with anxiety. He was a true fool for thinking he could get away. Drizzlecloud had more than reason to be deliberate when taking care of the clan, and it was clear that his assumption that her apparent gentle nature would transfer in such a way he could escape (with what, he didn't know) was oh-so-very wrong.

If he thought that his status as clanmate (delving into that dilemma of belonging was hardly worth his time) was debatable, he did the easy and right thing and kept his mouth shut for once. He shrank impossibly further away, glancing up at Drizzlecloud's stare, and just as quickly looking down. Maybe she'd take offense by it, but he just couldn't look her in the eyes. Not when his pelt was prickling with guilt and shame like he was a little kid getting scolded by his mother again. Drizzlecloud was like that, but she was also not at the same time. Intimidating, but not a maelstrom. More of a quiet reasonability that sent chills down his spine.

[implied suicidal ideology + self-denial of its validity, all thought processes]

But her next words were jarring, and they made Alderstep's insides twinge. "Maybe I don't want to be whole," he almost said, holding his tongue at the last moment. And it was obstinate, stubborn, petulant, and immature because apparently, he could never choose when he wanted to take things seriously and act like the adult he was and partake in mature conversations. He was just being obtuse and bothersome. Why'd he even consider saying that when that was the sort of thing cats kept to themselves? It was too much to ever say; why bother Drizzlecloud with the wrong things?
And he could choose to say the right thing. He could apologize the right way, he really could, but he needed time. He didn't have that, only the silence that enveloped him as he stared at the ground with a blanking mind. Alderstep took a soft breath, finally looking up to Drizzlecloud with the best of his courage. He'd done better fighting ShadowClan. "It's-" and he sharply cut off, frustration spilling into his aching bones. Why couldn't he just say it? It was so damn easy, it was infuriating. "It wasn't my place to try and- and neglect you. Or, uh, keep you from completing your duties. I was selfish for doing that and it was wrong."

And there, see, he could do it, even as his throat burned with the extremity he spoke. Nobody better expect him to apologize sincerely again. Not because he was too good for it, far from that, but it was so draining and difficult. And he was bound to mess up.
Old August 2nd, 2023, 01:21 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming
Clans Re: ThunderClan Warriors' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by .squid View Post
[ @Omari you don't need to read what's in the spoiler to be able to reply ]

It was time to start praying to the stars, so it seemed. His apology didn't work (is he surprised?) and Drizzlecloud seemed to have gotten madder. Alderstep sniffed reflexively when the medicine cat mentioned scent, wondering if he'd actually acted that way. He'd never curled his lip at her, not that he thought, so perhaps she was exaggerating. Second thought, yes of course she was exaggerating; what was he, a bird brain? He was surely acting like one, especially when he froze up in stunned silence as Drizzlecloud brushed bits of moss off of him roughly. At least she'd mentioned his out: freedom after the silence began.

And then started Drizzlecloud's tirade, or more appropriately named: lecture. Alderstep's head dipped, his gaze drifting to the paws of his assailant. He hadn't forgotten. He was there too when Bumblestar had pretty much threatened the three of them to do their jobs and do them well. It was hard to forget that day, and how he felt like he was going to drop dead with the way his heart had begun palpitating with anxiety. He was a true fool for thinking he could get away. Drizzlecloud had more than reason to be deliberate when taking care of the clan, and it was clear that his assumption that her apparent gentle nature would transfer in such a way he could escape (with what, he didn't know) was oh-so-very wrong.

If he thought that his status as clanmate (delving into that dilemma of belonging was hardly worth his time) was debatable, he did the easy and right thing and kept his mouth shut for once. He shrank impossibly further away, glancing up at Drizzlecloud's stare, and just as quickly looking down. Maybe she'd take offense by it, but he just couldn't look her in the eyes. Not when his pelt was prickling with guilt and shame like he was a little kid getting scolded by his mother again. Drizzlecloud was like that, but she was also not at the same time. Intimidating, but not a maelstrom. More of a quiet reasonability that sent chills down his spine.

[implied suicidal ideology + self-denial of its validity, all thought processes]

But her next words were jarring, and they made Alderstep's insides twinge. "Maybe I don't want to be whole," he almost said, holding his tongue at the last moment. And it was obstinate, stubborn, petulant, and immature because apparently, he could never choose when he wanted to take things seriously and act like the adult he was and partake in mature conversations. He was just being obtuse and bothersome. Why'd he even consider saying that when that was the sort of thing cats kept to themselves? It was too much to ever say; why bother Drizzlecloud with the wrong things?
And he could choose to say the right thing. He could apologize the right way, he really could, but he needed time. He didn't have that, only the silence that enveloped him as he stared at the ground with a blanking mind. Alderstep took a soft breath, finally looking up to Drizzlecloud with the best of his courage. He'd done better fighting ShadowClan. "It's-" and he sharply cut off, frustration spilling into his aching bones. Why couldn't he just say it? It was so damn easy, it was infuriating. "It wasn't my place to try and- and neglect you. Or, uh, keep you from completing your duties. I was selfish for doing that and it was wrong."

And there, see, he could do it, even as his throat burned with the extremity he spoke. Nobody better expect him to apologize sincerely again. Not because he was too good for it, far from that, but it was so draining and difficult. And he was bound to mess up.
Rateye quietly looked over, opening one eye. "Alderstep, mate, do you need me to go out hunting for prey? I'd gladly do it and stretch my legs."
Old August 3rd, 2023, 07:50 AM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]

Rateye stood up and went to look for someone. "Feathernose? Can we patrol together? I wanna get more food for the clan..." He mewed to Feathernose calmly.
@Starfinder
Old August 4th, 2023, 12:51 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

yarrowcrest // he/him // 16 moons

---

Finally, day breaks... Or well, day broke quite a bit ago but today he somehow managed to sleep in? Which wasn't common for him, by the way he springs from his nest with a start. Slowly he begins to blink the fatigue from his eyes and tries to judge what time of day it was just by the light shining in through the entrance of the den... Without seeing the sun, it was too hard to tell. But he definitely knew that he was late. To try and occupy his mind a bit he begins to tidy up his nest a bit, taking note of the fact that pretty soon he'd have to switch out some of his bedding...

The thoughts aren't kept at bay for too long. He was a mentor, now! Sleeping in so late was irresponsible. What kind of example was he setting? Quickly he begins to groom his pelt smooth, trying to make it look like he had been ready for the day and didn't just wake up moments ago.

Was it because he has been putting so much stress on himself? He wants to perform well for Morningpaw. And himself, of course. For a cat so young it was important that he made a good impression. Taking on such a responsibility so young... Well, he had quite the expectation of him. These thoughts sit heavy within him... And then it strikes him. Was he alone in here? He turns his head to examine his surrounding, eyes wide and ears perked. He... He was alone in here, right?

[ open ] // #fire
263 words = 52pts

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !

Last edited by panchiko; August 5th, 2023 at 01:05 PM.
Old August 4th, 2023, 11:53 PM
Queen of allthings SCARY!

Bump Policy: 2-3 days is good
My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk_Cradle_Ruler View Post
Rateye stood up and went to look for someone. "Feathernose? Can we patrol together? I wanna get more food for the clan..." He mewed to Feathernose calmly.
@Starfinder

Feather nose poked her head out of the bush she was rifling through. "Hm, sure! Although... Do you think you're really... ah, up to it? "she said, sounding nonchalant.

peez help hatche dem tank youze

Links: CLICK ME AND JOIN!
Old August 5th, 2023, 03:41 AM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfinder View Post
Feather nose poked her head out of the bush she was rifling through. "Hm, sure! Although... Do you think you're really... ah, up to it? "she said, sounding nonchalant.
"Yep!" Rateye nodded.
Old August 5th, 2023, 03:51 AM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Brokenheart quietly sat by the entrance, hoping to startle the first cat that entered.
[OPEN TO ALL]
Old August 5th, 2023, 05:23 AM
Queen of allthings SCARY!

Bump Policy: 2-3 days is good
My Mood: Stressed

*FEATHERNOSE*

Feathernose couldn't help an inconspicuous critical eye. "If you say so, then... Let's go! I bet I'll find more prey than you, " she mewed jokingly, brushing her tail along Rateye's spine affectionately, pattering out of the camp.
[ @Silk_Cradle_Ruler ,Rateye]

*Ghostpaw*
#Earth

Ghostpaw burst in the camp. Whoa. Cats were everywhere, and so was the scent of ThunderClan, intermingling and clogging Ghostpaw's senses again.

An unnatural breeze, caused by someone's breath, rustled her lynx-points. Ghostpaw glanced over to the space beside the entrance, and saw the leering grin of a ThunderClanner.

"GAH! " She yelled, claws instinctively out and moving to attempt a slice across the cat's face.

Ghostpaw noticed her mistake too late, her claws already in action before she could think. This was a fellow Clanmate, not another rogue or loner seeking her fresh young blood! Ghostpaw cringed. "Aw, mousedung! I'm sorry, mate!"

[ @Silk_Cradle_Ruler ,Brokenheart]

peez help hatche dem tank youze

Links: CLICK ME AND JOIN!