by starry
Last post by Ladiebugg
Today 04:40 PM
The Forest Roars
Last post by Rose
Today 04:30 PM

Old September 27th, 2023, 04:19 PM
Scuttling in the basement

Bump Policy: When the stars align (2 days, 1 if urgent)
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Kit Corrals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleek View Post
Newtberry fake-yelped and leaped as high as he could, which was pretty high. When he fell down, he flopped onto his side, taking in a deep breath and holding it in to act dead as he stuck his tongue out. He breathed out and whispered, "You...win. You're...too...strong. Windclan...is...the...best." He closed his eyes slowly and froze.
Cloudykit
Windclan

Victory is mine!" He squealed, trying to sound brave. "Windclan is the best! I demand a leaf to play with or we'll keep fighting!"

"Tomatoes are in the same family as some of the world's deadliest poisons. That just goes to show how rebellious tomatoes are."
"What about how the apple can fall far from the tree?"
"No, sometimes the tomato falls from the plant."

Ɛ> Toyhouse <3
Tracker
[/COLOR]
Old September 28th, 2023, 08:39 AM
brain dead

Bump Policy: 24 hours (literally whenever idc)
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoomy View Post
Cloudykit
Windclan

Victory is mine!" He squealed, trying to sound brave. "Windclan is the best! I demand a leaf to play with or we'll keep fighting!"

Newtberry got up slowly. "Please...no..more...fighting. I'll...go...get...the...leaf," he huffed. He walked slowly and picked up a leaf, bringing it to his kit. He dropped it at his feet, bowing his head. "Please...show...me...mercy," he begged.
Credit to the one and only @Cinnamon~
Check this out!- my rp on a wolf pack. Major roles include- General, Alpha, Beta, Gazer, and Healer!
Old September 28th, 2023, 08:47 AM

Bump Policy: 2 days
My Mood: Proud

Quote:
Newtberry got up slowly. "Please...no..more...fighting. I'll...go...get...the...leaf," he huffed. He walked slowly and picked up a leaf, bringing it to his kit. He dropped it at his feet, bowing his head. "Please...show...me...mercy," he begged.
Willowtree would walk up to Newtberry asking him if he needed any help with the kits watching as Cloudykit was still going crazy.
"Need any help here seeing that some of these kits have too much energy for one cat to handel??"
Old September 28th, 2023, 12:53 PM

Bump Policy: After 24hrs
My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Snowybreeze |
Heightened Perception [Smell] - Active

"Yes. You are. Most. Correct!" the Maine Coon mix praised, his eyes lighting up with happiness. "Rabbits. And hares. Alike. Have excellent. Hearing. And sense. Of Smell. They are also. Very keen. Of eye. So stealth. Via. A good crouch. And proper knowledge. Like going. Downwind. Is essential! Now. When it comes. To hunting crouches. Show me. How would you. Do your crouch?"

In his time teaching kits, Snowybreeze had learned that most kits preferred action to listening to his rambling. Not that he could blame them. The tom much preferred actions to words on most occasions himself. Especially if the words were his. By having the kits showcase their knowledge in a single crouch first, he would have a better idea on how to guide them. What to correct in their stance. Not only that, but every cat was different! After all, what worked for him did not necessarily work for all others. His former mentor and himself had wildly different hunting crouches to make up for his size and her front paw, yet they were both quite effective. He had no doubt that Juniperkit would have a style distinctly her own once she got enough training in as well!

-

@Wintersun [Juniperkit]

Juniperkit
[They/Them]

Juniperkit perked up excitedly, before dropping down into a crouch, large ears up straight, and front legs close to the ground. But their haunches were much higher up, almost like a play stance, and their tail was waving with a certain type of wildness. Not to mention, they were making different sorts of excited sounds. They turned their head to look at Snowybreeze,"Well? How is it? Do I need to fix anything or am I prodigy?" They asked, a playful tone seeping through.

Me: Oh hi ;-; Do you need something?

Spider: *Crawls off screen*

Me: Oh... Okay then ;-;

Bumb after like 5 hours I'm on pretty often so If I don't get to our rp the means I forgot- ;-; (Yes if you were wonder ing the ;-; is my favorite face)
Old September 30th, 2023, 05:29 PM
Scuttling in the basement

Bump Policy: When the stars align (2 days, 1 if urgent)
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Cloudykit
Windclan

Cloudykit bounced, not sniffing once so he was unaware of Willowtree. "Yay! Thank you!" He glanced at Willowtree, his eyes lighting up."Hi Willowtree!" He said.
@LunaStar22

"Tomatoes are in the same family as some of the world's deadliest poisons. That just goes to show how rebellious tomatoes are."
"What about how the apple can fall far from the tree?"
"No, sometimes the tomato falls from the plant."

Ɛ> Toyhouse <3
Tracker
[/COLOR]

Last edited by Aolani; September 30th, 2023 at 05:32 PM.
Old September 30th, 2023, 06:32 PM
brain dead

Bump Policy: 24 hours (literally whenever idc)
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaStar22 View Post
Willowtree would walk up to Newtberry asking him if he needed any help with the kits watching as Cloudykit was still going crazy.
"Need any help here seeing that some of these kits have too much energy for one cat to handel??"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoomy View Post
Cloudykit
Windclan

Cloudykit bounced, not sniffing once so he was unaware of Willowtree. "Yay! Thank you!" He glanced at Willowtree, his eyes lighting up."Hi Willowtree!" He said.
@LunaStar22

Newtberry opened his eyes and stood up, booping his son. "My little winner." Turning his attention to Willowtree, he sighed, relieved. "Yes," he blew out, relieved. "This little puffball has so much energy I am going crazy." He lay down, closing his eyes in hopes of falling asleep as he curled his tail over his nose.
Credit to the one and only @Cinnamon~
Check this out!- my rp on a wolf pack. Major roles include- General, Alpha, Beta, Gazer, and Healer!
Old October 1st, 2023, 11:14 AM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Snowybreeze |

Truth be told, it was actually one of the better first attempt stances the gentle giant had seen in one of his classes. Its only downfall being their own enthusiasm, the stance more play than work on certain areas. This was quite alright, of course! The kitten's energetic way of being would be an asset to them as they grew older, at least as far as the long furred tom was concerned. Good energy and enthusiasm meant quick learners with the right mentors, after all! If all went well for Juniperkit, they would never be faced with the same struggles he went through as a new apprentice. The thought alone brought a purr to his throat.

Getting up and standing besides his student, Snowybreeze settled into a crouch of his own imitating their behavior at first. Slowly, he lowered his haunches. Stilled his tail. Allowing it to drop but not so much so that it touched the ground. "As you. Can see. Your stance is. Almost. Quite perfect. Truly. You will. Be catching rabbits. In no time. I am sure. But! When hunting. We must be. As still. As possible. And as low. To the ground. As we can afford. Without! Dragging our fur. Over the. Debris. As so. See?"

His initial response done, the tom slowly began prowling forward, muscles rippling under his fur but providing no noise as he made certain his limbs did not drag up more dirt than required. His tail used mostly to balance himself. Once he had moved a set distance, he turned around, leaving his stance to face Juniperkit once more. Tilting his head curiously, he hoped his demonstration had been good enough. He did not intend for them to copy him exactly. But perhaps the sight of an often used, proven effecting stance might help them improve upon their own.

"Ready? To try. Stalking. With the corrections. Made?" Snowybreeze asked, his voice soft as he allowed the kit to go at their own pace.

-

@Wintersun [Juniperkit]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old October 2nd, 2023, 08:49 AM

Bump Policy: After 24hrs
My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Snowybreeze |

Truth be told, it was actually one of the better first attempt stances the gentle giant had seen in one of his classes. Its only downfall being their own enthusiasm, the stance more play than work on certain areas. This was quite alright, of course! The kitten's energetic way of being would be an asset to them as they grew older, at least as far as the long furred tom was concerned. Good energy and enthusiasm meant quick learners with the right mentors, after all! If all went well for Juniperkit, they would never be faced with the same struggles he went through as a new apprentice. The thought alone brought a purr to his throat.

Getting up and standing besides his student, Snowybreeze settled into a crouch of his own imitating their behavior at first. Slowly, he lowered his haunches. Stilled his tail. Allowing it to drop but not so much so that it touched the ground. "As you. Can see. Your stance is. Almost. Quite perfect. Truly. You will. Be catching rabbits. In no time. I am sure. But! When hunting. We must be. As still. As possible. And as low. To the ground. As we can afford. Without! Dragging our fur. Over the. Debris. As so. See?"

His initial response done, the tom slowly began prowling forward, muscles rippling under his fur but providing no noise as he made certain his limbs did not drag up more dirt than required. His tail used mostly to balance himself. Once he had moved a set distance, he turned around, leaving his stance to face Juniperkit once more. Tilting his head curiously, he hoped his demonstration had been good enough. He did not intend for them to copy him exactly. But perhaps the sight of an often used, proven effecting stance might help them improve upon their own.

"Ready? To try. Stalking. With the corrections. Made?" Snowybreeze asked, his voice soft as he allowed the kit to go at their own pace.

-

@Wintersun [Juniperkit]

Juniperkit
[They/Them]

Juniperkit nodded excitedly. Low to the ground, silent, and don't let fur brush over ground, got it! Juniperkit was thankful they had short fur compared to Snowybreeze, it would probably be a lot easier for them. Crouching down and holding themselves just above the ground with their tail above the ground, still waving slightly, they crept forward a little bit then popped back up and looked at Snowybreeze. "Well? How'd I do?"

Me: Oh hi ;-; Do you need something?

Spider: *Crawls off screen*

Me: Oh... Okay then ;-;

Bumb after like 5 hours I'm on pretty often so If I don't get to our rp the means I forgot- ;-; (Yes if you were wonder ing the ;-; is my favorite face)
Old October 2nd, 2023, 11:37 AM

Bump Policy: 2 days
My Mood: Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky sleek. View Post
Newtberry opened his eyes and stood up, booping his son. "My little winner." Turning his attention to Willowtree, he sighed, relieved. "Yes," he blew out, relieved. "This little puffball has so much energy I am going crazy." He lay down, closing his eyes in hopes of falling asleep as he curled his tail over his nose.
She would walk over to Cloudykit and ask if she could play. "Hey Cloudykit can I play too and give your father a break for a bit!!" @spooky sleek.

Last edited by LunaStar22; October 2nd, 2023 at 11:38 AM.
Old October 2nd, 2023, 04:12 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Snowybreeze |

It was clear the eager kit had taken his suggestions to heart. Paid attention to his example, for their crouch, while still not perfect, had improved by leaps and bounds. And after just one try, too! Oh, this kit would no doubt be an excellent hunter, the Maine Coon mix could feel it in his bones. Offering a small, encouraging smile, Snowybreeze nodded to himself, his eyes closed contentedly.

"Oh much. Much better. In fact. With just. A bit. Of practice. I am sure. You will surprise. Anyone. You are assigned. As a mentor. When you become. An apprentice. With your. Talented. Crouch. And stalk," he meowed, raising his forepaws and clapping them together excitedly. "Now. If you wish. We can practice. Some more! But I do believe. That with that crouch. And that stalk. I am satisfied. That you have the basics. Of a good. Hunting stance. Down."

-

@Wintersun [Juniperkit]
| If you wish, we can have them continue practicing offscreen while Juniperkit perfects their stance, but for now Basic Hunting has been passed! |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios