Yesterday 11:39 PM

Old October 24th, 2020, 11:31 PM
GONE

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Lionsbeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareenakit View Post
@Lynxpaw

Silverpool walked by the beach, paws treading gently on the edge of the water. She considered going deeper but decided not to. She didn't want to have to groom herself again today. Instead, she focused on watching the horizon. She came here sometimes to enjoy some alone time but would've preferred to be hanging out with friends. Maybe her sister, or Creekflow. She sighed and brushed her tail across the surface of the water gently, leaving a ripple.
Dogflame

The tom wandered by the water, wondering if he should swim or not. He was shadows dart around under the wet surface, enticing him. The sound of pawsteps on sand made the tom turn his gaze, seeing a familiar warrior. Dogflame headed over to them, letting the fish live for now. "Silverpool, what brings you here?" the fox-like warrior asked, copper eyes hiding a hint of curiosity underneath his usual friendliness.
Old October 24th, 2020, 11:38 PM
your loveliest nightmare

Bump Policy: 4 days
My Mood: Asleep

Silverpool looked up from her thoughts as Dogflame addressed her. "Oh, hello. I don't really know." She looked down at her paws. "I guess I'm just wandering," she said, watching a little crab scuttle over the sand beside her. On a different day, she might have tried to catch it, but she wasn't hungry and they didn't have much on them anyways. She was glad to have someone to talk to though. She offered him a friendly smile, "What what are you up to?" @Lynxpaw

she/her
rasberryswirl (shc), kestrelkit (thc), autumn, beastflame (rc)
character bios

Last edited by ophelia; October 26th, 2020 at 07:26 PM.
Old October 25th, 2020, 06:32 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Pry it off? If it worked she supposed it worked... Well she was completely terrified and detested every moment of this but it was also strangely satisfying to so brutally murder one of her most hated foes. Wiggling a claw under an edge she just kinda.... Wiggled it until the crab stopped moving.
"Ooooook we're done then! I killed one so we're done right?! I mean it was small and only one but we're done riiiiiight?!" She wheedled trying desperately to find a justification to leave and call it quits. While rationally Willowpaw knew she should at least kill one more and get down the technique of catching crabs without being pinched before leaving she really didnt want to, even if the whole purpose of dragging herself down her was to do exactly that. Well this is why she brought Splashleap, instruction and a figurative 'paw to push her off of the cliff' where the cliff in question was the tabby disregarding her discomfort and crab hunting.

@gs29513
Old October 25th, 2020, 06:45 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

A bit surprised at how quickly the prying worked, Splashleap purred loudly, her tail high. Good job! That was actually REALLY fast! They could probably get at least one or two more, make sure Willowpaw had it down. She might want to try the claw wiggle as well, now that she thought about it.
But it seemed like Willowpaw wasn't quite interested in doing a few more. In fact, she zoomed over right away, and asked to leave. The desperation in her voice was noticeable, and Splashleap wasn't born last night, or indeed last moon. A bit of amusement, but also a little force reaching her voice, she mewed Why don't we try another one or two? I kind of want to try the way you did it, and it might be good for you to do it a few more times, to make sure you're comfortable and can do it. Giving her friend a little bump to the butt back in the direction of the beach, she set of that way herself, nose already sniffing for a crab. Not to close to the ground though, since they were tricky little buggers, who had nabbed her nose before. @Rani
Old October 25th, 2020, 09:10 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Sure this was exactly why she'd brought Splashleap along with her but that didnt mean she had to like it. Willowpaw let out a long whiny groan but still moved to try and find another crab. Spotting a shelled menace Willowpaw dropped into a crouch skilfully moving to try and sneak up on it from behind. Except that didnt quiet work as the crab went scutting off prompting a unexpected chase Willowpaw eventually managing to nab and frantically claw wiggle to kill it, paws darting around to try and avoid the pinching claws.
"Hey Splashleap? I dont think these things have a blind spot, I cant sneak up on them. Turns out their freaky little eyes arnt just to freak me out... Any tips?" Willowpaw wasnt really worried even if she couldnt sneak up on them, she was fast and could run them down but if there was an easier method to catch her last crab for the day it'd help.
@gs29513
Old October 26th, 2020, 05:17 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

After chasing down her own crab and squiggling her claw at it, Splashleap was turning back to Willowpaw when she heard the question. Really, she had no idea. Should she say that? It would make her sound a little stupid, but she didn't want to lie. Maybe she could just think really hard, and think of something? That might work. Sending out a little staller, she mewed Let me grab one to look at. Seizing her prey, she placed it on the ground and inspected it. The eyes did seem to swivel in just about every direction, which might be why she always had to chase it or ambush it from behind a shrub. Maybe that was an idea?

Turning quickly back to Willowpaw, Splashleap mewed Sometimes I sneak up behind a bush although there weren't that many of those. Or I hide in a dip in the sand. Other than that, if you see them eating, they're generally pretty focused on their food, so you can get pretty close there. Otherwise, you just have to chase them. At least as far as she knew. There might be some other way someone else knew. @Rani
Old October 26th, 2020, 05:27 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Huh ambushing the little pinchy jerks is the only option unless she wanted to go racing over the dunes like a windclan cat. Well Willowpaw was nicknamed speedy for a reason and while she could burry herself in the dunes and hide under the sand to leap out like the worlds stripiest spring she was more then happy to chase the little evil water bugs down to catch it.

Which is what she did.
Getting as close as possible to a crab Willowpaw suddenly kicked off of the beach streaking along the sunbaked area after the skuttling crab kicking up sand as she went. Finally after a rousing chase with a leap, a skid, and a final claw wiggle the tabby's final catch of the day was done, though not without a final insult from the crab.
"YEOUCH! OW OW OW OWOWOW IT PINCHED ME! Oh my stars am I going to lose a paw!?!? Am I gonna die?!?!" Rationally Willowpaw had seen a great many injuries and knew this was only a small cut on her pad that didnt even warrant a trip to the medicine cats den but her paranoia said otherwise.
@gs29513
Old October 26th, 2020, 09:06 PM
GONE

My Mood: Kingly

[ @mareenakit ]

Dogflame

"Me? Honestly, I don't know why I'm here" the tom responded. Maybe it was just because he wanted to stretch his legs or have a swim. Yes. That was it. "Do you enjoy swimming?" Dogflame asked, his copper eyes flicking to the shadows in the water for a moment before tearing away to look at Silverpool.
Old October 26th, 2020, 09:30 PM
your loveliest nightmare

Bump Policy: 4 days
My Mood: Asleep

Silverpool laughed, "Of course. I'm RiverClan, aren't I?" She was a proud RiverClan cat, and knew her clan was superior, no matter what the other clans said about them being fat or stinky. "I'm not the fastest, but I enjoy it for sure," she purred. She was a strong swimmer, and could easily star afloat in the harshest currents, but wouldn't beat most others in a race. @Lynxpaw

she/her
rasberryswirl (shc), kestrelkit (thc), autumn, beastflame (rc)
character bios
Old October 27th, 2020, 01:58 AM
Busy bee

My Mood: Sad

Post Re: Lionsbeach

~[Creekflow]~
{@Lynxpaw}
----------------------------
"Hmm. I don't think I have this one... Guess I'll take it just in case..." muttered a certain brown and white mottled tom to himself as he inspected a smooth, russet-colored stone he found near the shoreline of Lionsbeach. One of his favorite, and rather secretive, pastimes was collecting unique stones. He started his hobby when he was an apprentice and accumulated numerous quantities of rocks over the moons. He wasn't ashamed of what he liked to do. The reason for it being kept a secret was, well, he was a bit nervous of anybody finding his stash and taking some away. He knew that was a bit stingy but he worked hard to find the coolest and weirdest stones. Maybe one day he'll tell others of his stash.

Blue-green eyes scanned around in search of more to add to his collection. The recent one was hidden well, waiting to be picked up and taken to the pile. Doing this often brought up a sense of serenity within him. It was a peaceful and innocent hobby that weirdly suited his personality. If he were a stone, he'd be the glossy green striped one that also happened to be his favorite. He was hopeful to be less reserved about his collecting. It'd be kinda neat to have someone else alongside him while they search and talk. It was wishful thinking but you never know.