Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Haven Springs

┌────────── ∘・❄︎・∘ ──────────┐
Mintpaw (she/her)
Riverclan
White fur with shades of grey and blue eyes
└───────── ・∘ ❄︎ ∘・ ─────────┘

The ginger tabby tom didn't seem too keen on giving another apprentice a basic lesson in that moment, but that didn't bother Mintpaw. She would also have preferred staying in her cozy, warm nest and sleep all the afternoon, but Slatestripe would probably prefer having her doing more useful things. And he knew that recently the dark striped tom had been busier than usual, so she knew she ought to carry on her usual duties on her own for a while.

Despite the fact that she didn't like training with others than him, she'd always been curious about the Riverclan deputy. And maybe, today she would learn something new. Something that belonged to the warrior's personal experience, and that might some day impress even Slatestripe himself.

The ginger tail of the grown warrior signaled her to a stop; he was now asking her of the hunting basics. Yes.
Mintpaw narrowed her eyes in concentration as she crouched down and took the typical position she had already tried many times, doing her best to remember Marigoldleap's advice, repeating her same words in her head.
Relax your muscles. Keep your tail from brushing the ground.

After she had decided that everything was at place, her gaze flicked to Gingerfrost's green eyes and she waited for a comment.

· · ─────── ·✧· ─────── · ·

[ @Estelle ]
Old February 19th, 2023, 06:18 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post
Mintpaw (she/her)
Riverclan
White fur with shades of grey and blue eyes

The ginger tabby tom didn't seem too keen on giving another apprentice a basic lesson in that moment, but that didn't bother Mintpaw. She would also have preferred staying in her cozy, warm nest and sleep all the afternoon, but Slatestripe would probably prefer having her doing more useful things. And he knew that recently the dark striped tom had been busier than usual, so she knew she ought to carry on her usual duties on her own for a while.

Despite the fact that she didn't like training with others than him, she'd always been curious about the Riverclan deputy. And maybe, today she would learn something new. Something that belonged to the warrior's personal experience, and that might some day impress even Slatestripe himself.

The ginger tail of the grown warrior signaled her to a stop; he was now asking her of the hunting basics. Yes.
Mintpaw narrowed her eyes in concentration as she crouched down and took the typical position she had already tried many times, doing her best to remember Marigoldleap's advice, repeating her same words in her head.
Relax your muscles. Keep your tail from brushing the ground.

After she had decided that everything was at place, her gaze flicked to Gingerfrost's green eyes and she waited for a comment.

[ @Estelle ]

Silently Gingerfrost watched as Mintpaw lowered into the familiar crouch of the hunter, clearly having done it before as she seemed to struggle rather little. The transition was smooth, and although there were some adjustments - such as, he could visibly see her muscles tense then relax - it wasn't something the tabby would be extremely strict about right away. As long as they didn't get hurt and could appropriately, they could learn the finesses with time.

He observed the apprentice's stance, her paws separated by the correct distance and belly not quite brushing the ground. He padded one circle around her, head slightly dipping in a half nod. Her stance was good enough.
"Raise your tail a little more, it'll help with your balance."
Was all he had to say before taking a step back. Hm. Usually he'd have them show him their creeping abilities as well, but the sky looked dark. Which wasn't surprising, it's been oddly rainy as of late, so he'll just have to judge that in action. He gave a nod, allowing Mintpaw to stand back.
"Raise your nose to the sky - try smelling out some prey. You can open your mouth if you don't smell anything."
He paused for a moment, letting her do as such.
"Catch it."

Old February 20th, 2023, 11:56 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Mintpaw (she/her)
Riverclan
White and gray siamese with blue eyes

Mintpaw stayed silent as the Riverclan deputy circled around her. She remained focused in her stance as she nodded approvingly, and immediately adjusted the position of her tail at Gingerfrost's suggestion.

She raised her gaze to the sky and did as she was told: she could feel damp, rainy scented air through her nose. Her whiskers twitched gently as she cherished the familiar scent that she loved so much - and was so common in the waters of Riverclan, though the rain smelled definitely different from a pond or a full river.

Opening her mouth, something new came in: it felt earthy, but not quite as a ground creature. Bird? She concentrated a bit more and thought she was recalling something from the freshkill pile back in camp... Small. Sparrow?

At Gingerfrost's command, Mintpaw's muscles automatically jerked and she recovered the previous crouching position to stalk forward.
She moved slowly, quietly as to make sure she wouldn't be seen by mistake.
The small, brown fowl was pecking gingerly at the ground, checking his surroundings every now and then as if it was perceiving something dangerous approaching.

She stopped and bunched her muscles for a long leap from behind a tufts of high grass: she landed neatly on the soft bird and brought down her jaws to give it a quick bite. She felt a warm explosion of thick droplets on her tongue, and the bird stopped fluttering its wings.

[ @Estelle I know it's so banal, but I had so much trouble at finishing one single damn lesson ]
Old February 21st, 2023, 10:51 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours. busy during weekdays until 4 p.m. EST
My Mood: Angelic

Blushingkit had decided she was going to take a spa day.

She was a Riverclan cat, so naturally she should be comfortable with the water. And hot springs were relaxing, right? She was busy a cat, so de-stressing was important. It was probably good for her fur too!

Small tail swishing excitedly, she hopped into the pool, holding onto the side with her ginger paws. So... warm... Sighing in contentment, she put her head on her paws and began to doze off.

(Open, if anyone wants to hang out with her- or if Blushingkit starts drowning lol)
Old February 22nd, 2023, 09:36 AM

Bump Policy: Hiatus.
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeebles View Post

She was a Riverclan cat, so naturally she should be comfortable with the water. And hot springs were relaxing, right? She was busy a cat, so de-stressing was important. It was probably good for her fur too!

Small tail swishing excitedly, she hopped into the pool, holding onto the side with her ginger paws. So... warm... Sighing in contentment, she put her head on her paws and began to doze off.

(Open, if anyone wants to hang out with her- or if Blushingkit starts drowning lol)

~ Oh Look!! Look that!! More hunting for the trash panda of Riverclan and haven springs were the best bet he had to actually find something. The tom quickly made his way to the part of territory where he had attended a patrol with Fogcloud. Then something caught the toms eye. Something moving. Raccoonpelt looked over in hopes to possibly see some type of prey. No. It was a.. Kit?? What was a kit doing out here??? Was she dozing off in a pool? Raccoonpelt quickly went over to the kit and leaned down to pick her up by the Scruff and set her back down on dry land and started to try and groom her dry and warm her from the cold.

"What are you doing all the way out here?" ~
Old February 22nd, 2023, 09:46 AM
silly billy!!

Bump Policy: every 48 hours
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:

Icepaw stood behind Blushingkit, "Hi! Im Icepaw!" She said with a smile. "Mind if I join you?" she asked, stepping into the spring with a relaxed sigh. "Wait...Why are you out all the way over here? Your a kit!" She realized

Last edited by fishy; February 22nd, 2023 at 09:52 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2023, 10:17 AM

blushingkit narrowed her eyes at raccoonpelt as he worriedly groomed her, looking like she had just woken up. "i wanted to relax! and practice swimming... it's not like i was drowning or anything, why did you take me out??"

she huffed, then turned to icepaw. "and yes, icepaw- i would have appreciated you joining me, if i didn't get pulled out of the water... even if im small, i can still enjoy a nice stay at the hot springs!"

( @Le Batteur , @Pluto! , i wasn't expecting to get two replies so im responding to both )
blazepaw

my rp tracker

Last edited by zozelen; February 22nd, 2023 at 10:19 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2023, 10:24 AM

Bump Policy: Hiatus.
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto! View Post

Icepaw stood behind Blushingkit, "Hi! Im Icepaw!" She said with a smile. "Mind if I join you?" she asked, stepping into the spring with a relaxed sigh. "Wait...Why are you out all the way over here? Your a kit!" She realized

Quote:
blushingkit narrowed her eyes at raccoonpelt as he worriedly groomed her, looking like she had just woken up. "i wanted to relax! and practice swimming... it's not like i was drowning or anything, why did you take me out??"

she huffed, then turned to icepaw. "and yes, icepaw- i would have appreciated you joining me, if i didn't get pulled out of the water... even if im small, i can still enjoy a nice stay at the hot springs!"

( @Le Batteur , @Pluto! , i wasn't expecting to get two replies so im responding to both )

~ Soon enough Raccoonpelts attention was taken from to kit and brought to the lone apprentice who didn't seem to find a problem with the dozing off kit or how she herself was out alone against the rules. Raccoonpelt shook his head.

"Icepaw. Get out of the springs we're going back to the camp. You two aren't even supposed to be out here alone." ~
Old February 22nd, 2023, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Batteur View Post

~ Soon enough Raccoonpelts attention was taken from to kit and brought to the lone apprentice who didn't seem to find a problem with the dozing off kit or how she herself was out alone against the rules. Raccoonpelt shook his head.

"Icepaw. Get out of the springs we're going back to the camp. You two aren't even supposed to be out here alone." ~
blushingkit sighed and rolled her eyes. "our clan has so many rules..." she yawned. "fine, we can go back."

she spun around as if checking her surroundings, then hesitantly gave raccoonpelt a questioning smile. "uh, which way is camp, again?"
blazepaw

my rp tracker

Last edited by zozelen; February 22nd, 2023 at 10:31 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2023, 11:35 AM
silly billy!!

Bump Policy: every 48 hours
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Batteur View Post

Icepaw nodded. "Sorry Racoon'Pelt, Ill go back." She apologized and ran back