Last post by Tallstar
Today 10:55 PM

Old October 20th, 2023, 10:58 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: Windswept Plains

Rain

The young chimera was content to just.... sit, not really in a rush to go anywhere, but he perked up at the sound of an approaching cat clearing his throat, and turned around sharply, claws flying out and digging into the ground. He was honestly too exhausted and gaunt to successfully flee, so he just watched the cat approach, hazel eyes widening slightly but other than that he was too beaten down to really show any fear. he was afraid, sure, but his current state had him so bedraggled that he wasn't really at a point where he was afraid of strangers anymore. Maybe that wasn't the best choice self-preservation wise, but at least it was better for his anxiousness. Temporarily.

"I guess." It was complicated, far too complicated for him to explain with the amount of energy he had, so he just shrugged, letting out a short, humorless chuckle. "Among other things. You?" briefly, he had the relatively terrifying realization that this cat could attack him and tear him to shreds without Rain being able to react very efficiently, and that thought was enough for him to want to flee, but he didn't. He was just so tired, tired of being hungry, tired of running, and tired of hiding. If the universe wanted him to die that badly, was it unwise of him to be trying to live so badly? He didn't know, but that didn't stop him from dreaming. From wanting to live. He couldn't help it- maybe that was his problem.

But this cat looked like life had been rough on him too. So maybe this wouldn't be so bad. Maybe this could be his first friend.

[ @val ]

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old October 20th, 2023, 11:14 PM
nothing's forever

Foxstep shook his head with a short huff, the sigh racking his ribs with the exhalation of his weak lungs. Some bitter smile, stars know where it came from, toyed at the edges of the tabby's grimly set expression. "Maybe. I'm too far gone to know," he admitted. He didn't know why he said it.

Didn't really matter, though.

Not many things he did anymore made sense. Maybe his life was crumbling before his paws, and he might slip into the chasm at any moment, but he was content with rolling along. Swimming upriver was difficult when you didn't know how to swim in the first place.

So, no surprise when he offered plainly, "Need help getting back home?" Not like this was Thunder territory anyway. What transpired here could stay here, and nobody would be none the wiser. He didn't care to study his reasons - not really worth the time. He doubted it even mattered to this scraggly-looking kid, either.

@poppy.
Old October 22nd, 2023, 10:48 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Rain

Silently, fidgeting with some unfortunate blade of grass, Rain had a very strong impression that this cat took his words to mean something else. Maybe Rain's answer had meant something else accidentally. He meant he was physically and literally lost, but in the other, non-literal sense of the word, he supposed that it was appropriate either way. He would presume that this cat meant the metaphorical lost, which was pretty much worse than the other one. Or maybe Rain was overthinking it and this older tom was just... bad with wording.

"Me too." He finally said, offering a small, pitying smile that inched on the cusp of being more wry and weary than sympathetic. Maybe it was finally his time. He was too tired to be polite anymore. It was a shock his manners had lasted this long. "You're only too far gone if you give up, though." He mumbled softly, allowing the tom the chance to pretend he didn't hear it. Honestly, Rain wasn't sure that he would want to hear it from some stranger who didn't know what he was going through, so chances are this tom wouldn't either but it was worth a shot.

At the tom's offer, Rain shook his head with a tiny, grateful smile before his face dropped back into the same resting face, basically just the epitome of exhaustion and weariness. "Thanks, I... I'm good, though. Don't really know where home is, honestly." He couldn't really risk trusting anyone at this point, and even if he did... he only knew about home from stories he heard when he was 2 moons old. He didn't even know if it existed anymore.

After a pause, he spoke again. "Do you need anything? Like I can just... listen to stuff if you need it. Or I kinda know how to hunt, if you're hungry." Probably the most pathetic of empty gestures, a starving skeleton of a feline offering to feed someone else when he couldn't even feed himself. But this cat... he felt like this cat was something a kindred spirit. Sometimes just the offer was enough.

[ @val ]

Last edited by poppy; October 22nd, 2023 at 11:03 PM.
Old October 24th, 2023, 08:43 PM
wco's local hampter

Bump Policy: 12 - 24 hours, cus probs forgot about it
My Mood: Bored

@poppy. @SkeleStar
Pebblefur

Pebblefur was padding through Windswept Plains, minding her own business. She was completely unaware that something was about to happen. Something very bad. She continued walking, humming softly to herself.

Duststar is the current leader of DesertClan! She has a semi-open den policy!

Rose stopped by to brush away all the dustbunnies!

"Yeet or get yeeted. -Sun Tzu probably

Last edited by Snowyfeathr; October 24th, 2023 at 08:55 PM.
Old October 24th, 2023, 09:52 PM
nothing's forever

foxstep
Good thing he's given up, then. Foxstep tilted his head at the small creature, trying and failing to hold back his burst of laughter. "Kid, you don't look like you could catch me anything more than a worm." He paused to heave in a rasping breath, wincing at the twinge in his lungs. Foxstep shook his head, favoring his humor over his skepticism. "I 'preciate the offer, though."

To be honest, this guy's life sounded sadder than his. Already, what? Three moons old? And didn't know where his home was. At least Foxstep had known for some time before things fell apart. Not to mention this loner's on-point people-pleasing skills. Foxstep wanted to poke him for trying to be so generous when he obviously had so little to give.

Foxstep sighed deeply through his nose and fixed the young cat with a sharp look. "Here, how 'bout I get you something, then we scurry along our separate ways?"
[ @poppy. ]
Old October 26th, 2023, 09:11 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Brackenfire
purrks: beefed up t1 (inactive), shadow fiend (active), mind reader (inactive)

Her claws curled into the soft ground as the molly tracked the other warrior through the Outskirts. She had spotted her during a little exploration of her own, and had decided to follow her. Especially when the delicious scent of RiverClan wafted over her nostrils. Except for her mate, darling Falconfeather, that Clan was full of idiotic killers and she couldn't pass up this opportunity to avenge her childhood love, Bounceberry.

Plus, she had anger issues and this was one swell way to vent.

Melting into the shadows, undetectable, she crept forward and exploded forward, aiming to land right in front of the cat. She wasn't going to make this fast. She was going to enjoy this. "You RiverClanners are so entitled, walking around like you own the place." She cooed, yellow eyes flashing. She didn't even care if her insult was hypocritical of her; anything to piss this cat off.

[ @Spooky Snowyfeathr @SkeleStar ]

Old November 5th, 2023, 10:40 AM
wco's local hampter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
Brackenfire
purrks: beefed up t1 (inactive), shadow fiend (active), mind reader (inactive)

Her claws curled into the soft ground as the molly tracked the other warrior through the Outskirts. She had spotted her during a little exploration of her own, and had decided to follow her. Especially when the delicious scent of RiverClan wafted over her nostrils. Except for her mate, darling Falconfeather, that Clan was full of idiotic killers and she couldn't pass up this opportunity to avenge her childhood love, Bounceberry.

Plus, she had anger issues and this was one swell way to vent.

Melting into the shadows, undetectable, she crept forward and exploded forward, aiming to land right in front of the cat. She wasn't going to make this fast. She was going to enjoy this. "You RiverClanners are so entitled, walking around like you own the place." She cooed, yellow eyes flashing. She didn't even care if her insult was hypocritical of her; anything to piss this cat off.

[ @Spooky Snowyfeathr @SkeleStar ]
(Hey don't know if you know this but Star won't be replying, as they're caught up with replies rn)

Pebblefur turned as the cat came out of nowhere. "W- what are you doing here you ThunderClan cat!" She hissed. "It's always ThunderClan poking there noses in other cats buisiness!" Pebblefur got into a defensive stance, just in case this cat tried something.

Old November 5th, 2023, 10:18 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festive Snowyfeathr View Post
(Hey don't know if you know this but Star won't be replying, as they're caught up with replies rn)

Pebblefur turned as the cat came out of nowhere. "W- what are you doing here you ThunderClan cat!" She hissed. "It's always ThunderClan poking there noses in other cats buisiness!" Pebblefur got into a defensive stance, just in case this cat tried something.
(okay, ty for letting me know!! )

Brackenfire let out a snort. "ThunderClan? How stupid do I look, fishface? I'm from ShadowClan, don't insult me that far- I haven't done anything wrong yet." Teeth bared and claws sliding out, the brown tabby tipped her head to the side. "I do agree, though. ThunderClan is disgusting. Too bad RiverClan is the same or I would spare you- except for one specific tom you have running around your Clan, he's quite alright in my book." Of course, she wouldn't let his name drop unless she was an idiot, and plus, dead cats couldn't spill secrets, so she didn't care about dangling the bait in front of this cat's jaws.

"Now, you're quite far from the safety of your camp so I'll give you a headstart, if you'd like. 5 whole seconds to try to escape me, deal?"

Old November 5th, 2023, 10:26 PM
wco's local hampter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post

(okay, ty for letting me know!! )

Brackenfire let out a snort. "ThunderClan? How stupid do I look, fishface? I'm from ShadowClan, don't insult me that far- I haven't done anything wrong yet." Teeth bared and claws sliding out, the brown tabby tipped her head to the side. "I do agree, though. ThunderClan is disgusting. Too bad RiverClan is the same or I would spare you- except for one specific tom you have running around your Clan, he's quite alright in my book." Of course, she wouldn't let his name drop unless she was an idiot, and plus, dead cats couldn't spill secrets, so she didn't care about dangling the bait in front of this cat's jaws.

"Now, you're quite far from the safety of your camp so I'll give you a headstart, if you'd like. 5 whole seconds to try to escape me, deal?"
Pebblefur stood there, fear in her eyes. The fear then quickly hardened into anger. She didn't run, she continued to stand in a defensive position. She then growled. "I'm not backing down from a fight! Come on. Try me." Pebblefur hissed, unsheathing her claws. "If you think us RiverClanners are soft, then think again!"

Old November 5th, 2023, 10:29 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festive Snowyfeathr View Post
Pebblefur stood there, fear in her eyes. The fear then quickly hardened into anger. She didn't run, she continued to stand in a defensive position. She then growled. "I'm not backing down from a fight! Come on. Try me." Pebblefur hissed, unsheathing her claws. "If you think us RiverClanners are soft, then think again!"
"Oh, how noble of you. So sad that you'll have to die, now, or I'd think that you could do something great later on." Brackenfire stepped forward, claws sliding out and fangs showing. After a moment, she lunged forward, attempting quickly slam her front paws into the Fishface's chest and knock her over, preparing to give the killing bite but not just yet.