Today 07:49 AM

Old January 25th, 2019, 05:37 AM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post

Two familiar green optics shone in the corner of the moon pool, gentle, welcoming, lively. They belonged to a slender feline, her ratlike tail twisting around her paws. Her body no longer showed scars, they’d been replaced with stars, small sparks of bright colour. ‘ ‘ Windystar ‘ ‘ came a soft coo, her eyes dancing with some sort of fond amusement. She stood briefly, the stars dancing in her fur with each delicate step she took from the shadows. ‘ ‘ long time no see ‘ ‘ her motherly tone relaxing, indifferent than her manner long before her death. Cruel and raspy now replaced with a voice of a gentle mother.

She took the place of the toms father, her eyes glinting with pride as she once again sat down. ‘ ‘ I had always hoped I would’ve seen this day from down there ‘ ‘ she didn’t seem to fear his reaction, she had been harsh to him. Cold and distant in her last months of life, there was nothing she could expect of him. ‘ ‘ but, nonetheless at least I can say I’m sorry. It’s been a long time delayed hasn’t it. ‘ ‘ nothing at all.

He thought that was it. That he’s wake up, and that was that. But it appeared a certain she-cat had... other ideas. Windystar was shocked to see a familiar forest-eyed molly before him. “Daisyshade? You’re... dead?!” He felt a stab through his heart. Was she killed in the battle? Wait, what about the other deputies?! “Isn’t that an understatement,” He meowed in reply, still trying to process some information.

But he was so glad to see the she-cat smiling. The last time he’d seen her, she’d been worried and not at all like the calm cat before him. Was he mad? Of course not. No one could blame her. The four of them had gone through the same thing and all reacted differently. “No, no. Don’t apologize. This isn’t your fault. Fallenstar demoted you, you couldn’t help being angry.” His mouth curled in disgust as he said the name. He wasn’t psrticularly happy with the leader, considering he had killed him, after all. But this wasn’t about RiverClan’s leadership problems. It was about Daisy.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old September 10th, 2019, 05:51 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Buckfrost hadn't been here since it started.

Otterstar's death, his sudden promotion to deputy and leader within moments of each other-- the scorn his Clan-mates had given him, their distrust of his intentions and belief he was the mastermind behind her death.

While they'd been right to think him a shifty character, they were wrong in the most important regard: he had never done anything to hurt Otterstar. She'd been more of a family member to him than most cats, and in some way, he missed her dearly. He hadn't seen her when he got his lives. Instead, he'd been greeted by Dark Forest spirits, and.. the rest was history.

He knew RiverClan thought him a monster, but everything he had done was for their benefit. The other Clans had been crippled in the process while RiverClan thrived, even as the forest around them was consumed in flames.

Perhaps that was one of the biggest things he regretted: not how the fire destroyed ThunderClan and WindClan's territory, but that there were lives lost in the process. Including two of his own kits, and he sank his claws softly into the ground at the thought of them.

The tunnel was growing wider by now, opening to reveal a massive chunk of quartz in the center of the cavern. Holes in the ceiling allowed moonlight through, casting reflective rays of light off of the crystal. It was gorgeous, in a sense-- but Buckfrost wasn't here to reminiscence or to enjoy the view, he was here to atone for his past mistakes.

Settling beside the stone, he closed his eyes and pressed his nose against the cold stone.

Sleep had come to him quickly, and he found himself transported to a bright forest. Eyes blinking rapidly as he adjusted to the light, he looked around, noting the green scenery that came from being in an endless Green-leaf.

"Hello? he called out, raising his chin as he scanned his surroundings. "I.." What could he say? To many, he was lodged in their memories as some sort of boogeyman. An evil cat, a follower of Eternalstar who ruined the Clans and lives. But it wasn't accurate of his character, and his gaze dropped to the worn dirt ground. "I'm here to relinquish my remaining lives. I have no use for them-- it's a part of a past that no longer reflects who I want to be."

Out of the corner of his eye he could see the faded ginger pelt of a tom, and his ears twitched with curiosity. This wasn't who he had expected. He thought he'd see Hawkstar or another RiverClan ancestor. This tom stank of ThunderClan, and that left Buckfrost without many possibilities. If this tom was a former high rank, it would mean he was Burningstar, the cat that brought stability back to ThunderClan following Eternalstar's demise.

There was something unnerving about how this tom looked at him. It was like his golden eyes were seeping into his soul, reading his intentions and determining his sincerity with just a look. Buckfrost was rarely bothered by such things, but the intensity of his gaze had him shuffling his paws, unsure of what to do or say.

"Buckfrost," the tom's voice was a low rumble. "It takes a lot of effort to face the consequences of your choices, especially when one's fallen so far from the graces of StarClan."

Stepping forward, the spirit touched his nose against Buckfrost's forehead, a movement accompanied by a flash of pain that left Buckfrost's legs buckling beneath him. It was as if his body was being ripped into pieces, a searing sensation that crippled his sense of being. He snapped his eyes shut as tears welled in their corners, desperately wishing the unrelenting agony would subside.

"Buckfrost," the spirit's voice boomed. "By the power of StarClan, I revoke the lives granted to you by the Dark Forest. From this day forth your life as a leader is no more-- the only life you have remaining is the natural life of a warrior." There was a pause, and the spirit retracted his touch. Buckfrost opened his eyes, shaking his head as he blinked away the tears, his body aching. It was like he was an apprentice again, sore from training-- but he hardly did anything. "Now, yours is an unusual case. We have never had an Evil Era leader come to us to revoke their lives and repent for their sins.. With that in mind, we will grant you one chance to fix a wrongdoing you have done."

A wrongdoing? Buckfrost's ears twitched with interest. There weren't many things he regretted doing as leader. He felt no remorse for burning ThunderClan and WindClan to the ground, and his Clan did very little in the means of harming each other due to worship preferences. Even Bravestep's death was something he could not feel guilt for, not when he murdered his mate and sons in cold blood. No, none of that was something he held reservations for.

But that made him think. What could he use this on? One thing-- and the idea came to him. It was simple. Bravestep had it easy, he was rewarded for his crimes by going to StarClan and being with those he loved. Buckfrost could take that away from him, just as Bravestep took his sons away.

"Bravestep." It was the only word he got out before the spirit nodded in understanding. ".. I wish for Bravestep to come back to life. I took his far too soon." Being dead wasn't a suitable punishment for the former medicine cat. This was better, he thought. He lost his rank, he was losing his friends again, and he'd be stuck in a world that had flew on without him.

"As you wish," the spirit answered. "Awake now, Buckfrost, and return home. Bravestep's resurrection will come in time."

Somehow, hearing that made Buckfrost feel lighter than he had in moons, and he found his vision darkening as the forest vanished into nothingness. Moments later, he was awake, stirring on the cold stone floor of the cave. Pushing himself to his paws, he made his way out of the Starcave to head home.

With any luck, no one noticed he'd been gone for so long.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 03:38 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

@Delta [I’m going to get this started]

It was a long journey, and since they were both still healing, Flintspirit and Tallmarsh had had to take it slow. But finally, here they were. The Thunderclan tom stopped at the entrance to the tunnel and peered down into the darkness, giving Tallmarsh a sidelong glance. “Ready for this?” He meowed, his voice nearly breathless. He stepped into the the tunnel and started walking down the long expanse of it, feeling the air grow even cooler as he continued downwards. It felt good, the cool air soothing his burns that still radiated heat so soon after he got them.
He blinked as a small light appeared, the shadows of the edge of tunnel becoming slightly visible. Within the next few pawsteps, he emerged into the Starcave, spotting the dull slab of quartz in the middle. He watched as moonbeams poured through the hole above and lit the stone up, the cave becoming aglow with a bright white light. Wide green eyes reflected this light as he stared at the moonstone in upmost wonder.
With one more glance at Tallmarsh, Flintspirit took a deep breath. His entire being was buzzing with nerves, nervousness but also excitement. He felt like a kit again, entering Thunderclan for the first time. Meeting his father and watching his mother reunite happily with him. He felt like when he did when he became an apprentice, determined to prove he was a Thunderclan cat, even if his blood didn’t say so. “Well, here goes nothing.” He murmurées before closing his eyes and placing his nose to the stone, feeling as sleep enveloped him. He didn’t know how this worked, but he knew Tallmarsh would be there to help him if he screwed up terribly.

[Heres the mentions and lives, Delta will respond first and then we’ll go in this order]

1.) Nightflame- Life of Family Love (for the clan) @Venus
2.) Shiverkit- Life of Hope @Bliss Girl
3.) Dappleclaw- Life of Bravery @Orchidleaf
4.) Emeraldeyes- Life of Protection @.:Virgo:.
5.) Lilacblossom- Life of Forgivness @Okapi
6.) Roaringlion- Life of Acceptance @cherrycola
7.) Shimmerpaw- Life of Good Judgment @hope
8.) Burningstar- Life of Caution @BILL.
9.) Silversky- Life of Survival (rebuilding from hardship) @Dust

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 03:30 PM
definitely NOT an alien

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

@Delta [I’m going to get this started]

It was a long journey, and since they were both still healing, Flintspirit and Tallmarsh had had to take it slow. But finally, here they were. The Thunderclan tom stopped at the entrance to the tunnel and peered down into the darkness, giving Tallmarsh a sidelong glance. “Ready for this?” He meowed, his voice nearly breathless. He stepped into the the tunnel and started walking down the long expanse of it, feeling the air grow even cooler as he continued downwards. It felt good, the cool air soothing his burns that still radiated heat so soon after he got them.
He blinked as a small light appeared, the shadows of the edge of tunnel becoming slightly visible. Within the next few pawsteps, he emerged into the Starcave, spotting the dull slab of quartz in the middle. He watched as moonbeams poured through the hole above and lit the stone up, the cave becoming aglow with a bright white light. Wide green eyes reflected this light as he stared at the moonstone in upmost wonder.
With one more glance at Tallmarsh, Flintspirit took a deep breath. His entire being was buzzing with nerves, nervousness but also excitement. He felt like a kit again, entering Thunderclan for the first time. Meeting his father and watching his mother reunite happily with him. He felt like when he did when he became an apprentice, determined to prove he was a Thunderclan cat, even if his blood didn’t say so. “Well, here goes nothing.” He murmurées before closing his eyes and placing his nose to the stone, feeling as sleep enveloped him. He didn’t know how this worked, but he knew Tallmarsh would be there to help him if he screwed up terribly.

[Heres the mentions and lives, Delta will respond first and then we’ll go in this order]

1.) Nightflame- Life of Family Love (for the clan) @Venus
2.) Shiverkit- Life of Hope @Bliss Girl
3.) Dappleclaw- Life of Bravery @Orchidleaf
4.) Emeraldeyes- Life of Protection @.:Virgo:.
5.) Lilacblossom- Life of Forgivness @Okapi
6.) Roaringlion- Life of Acceptance @cherrycola
7.) Shimmerpaw- Life of Good Judgment @hope
8.) Burningstar- Life of Caution @BILL.
9.) Silversky- Life of Survival (rebuilding from hardship) @Dust

Tallmarsh could hear the blood rushing in her ears as they finally approached the mouth to the Starcave. In all her time in ThunderClan, she had only come here twice: when she first became an apprentice and when she became a medicine cat. She had always doubted StarClan's existence, but now that she had to acknowledge that they existed, she wasn't sure how she felt about them. Her life hadn't exactly been easy, and StarClan was supposed to look over the Clans and help them, right? So the medicine cat was on edge as they got ready to go down.

At Flintspirit's question, the medicine cat gave a curt nod. She was shivering with excitement and anxiety as she followed the deputy down the tunnel. She was lost in thought until the tunnel opened up into a large cavern with a white crystal. A small gasp came from the she-cat when moonlight poured in through the hole in the roof, lighting up the crystal and casting everything in a bright white light. No matter how many times she came here, she knew that she would be amazed by this spectacle every time. She was barely able to tear her sight away from the beautiful scene, turning instead to look at Flintspirit one last time. Following his lead, she laid down in front of the stone with her nose pressed against its cold surface. She imagined the pounding of her heart was echoing through the Starcave as she felt the pull of sleep tugging at her eyelids. The medicine cat closed her eyes, and as she drifted off, she thought she could already hear the whispers of their ancestors.

Tallmarsh opened her eyes to find that she was in a moonlit clearing in the forest. Mist swirled around her and reflected the moonlight, filling the clearing with a ghostly glow. The medicine cat spotted Flintspirit to her left, still sound asleep. She rose to her feet, went over to the deputy, and nudged him gently with a paw. "Wake up, Flintspirit. We're in StarClan. Time for you to get your lives," she said. As the tom woke up, a soft breeze blew across their pelts, and with it came whispers and quiet voices from...somewhere, seemingly from nowhere. From the shadows, starry pelts and gleaming eyes flashed, but only in her peripheral. "They're waiting," she added quietly.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 03:43 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

He awoke to the sensation of being poked, quickly opening his eyes. He gasped and sat up, staring at the starry grounds around him. Everything looked so.... surreal. Green eyes reflected the stars around as Flintspirit stood, glancing over to Tallmarsh. He knew of her doubts in Starclan, but he was glad that she was able to still be with him in this dream state. He wouldn’t have any other cat beside him are this moment for this occasion.
With a deep breath at her words, Flintspirit took a look around. He saw the starry cats lingering on the edges of the clearing, gradually drawing closer to the two Thunderclan cats. His ears twitched as a whisper drew around them, as if the breeze was speaking. Closing his eyes, the tom withdrew another deep breath, opening them as he exhaled. He was ready. He itched with anticipation for a cat to step forward. He’d heard about how this worked, but actually being here and about to witness it was a different thing entirely.
“I’m ready.” He meowed, nodding to Tallmarsh. He wasn’t sure if the Starclan cats needed a signal or anything, but he gave one somewhat in the form of his words to Tallmarsh.

@Venus [Night is up first] @Delta

Character Site
--
Old September 23rd, 2019, 05:07 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

Quote:

He awoke to the sensation of being poked, quickly opening his eyes. He gasped and sat up, staring at the starry grounds around him. Everything looked so.... surreal. Green eyes reflected the stars around as Flintspirit stood, glancing over to Tallmarsh. He knew of her doubts in Starclan, but he was glad that she was able to still be with him in this dream state. He wouldn’t have any other cat beside him are this moment for this occasion.
With a deep breath at her words, Flintspirit took a look around. He saw the starry cats lingering on the edges of the clearing, gradually drawing closer to the two Thunderclan cats. His ears twitched as a whisper drew around them, as if the breeze was speaking. Closing his eyes, the tom withdrew another deep breath, opening them as he exhaled. He was ready. He itched with anticipation for a cat to step forward. He’d heard about how this worked, but actually being here and about to witness it was a different thing entirely.
“I’m ready.” He meowed, nodding to Tallmarsh. He wasn’t sure if the Starclan cats needed a signal or anything, but he gave one somewhat in the form of his words to Tallmarsh.

@Venus [Night is up first] @Delta
“I’ve been looking forward to this moment, father.” A familiar voice echoed throughout the clearing.

The large dark-furred molly emerged first among the mist; her long coat sparkling like the night, with bright green eyes full of stars and emotion. It was Nightflame, his foster daughter. Pride swelled up in her chest at the sight of Flintspirit and her former mentor, Tallmarsh. Age has clearly gotten to them both since the last time they’d spoken, but her own complexion remained young and well-kept in comparison...immortally different. This was an important moment that needed to be done quickly, but Nightflame had a million things she wanted to say. Surely they wanted an explanation for her death, right? Alas, as she approached her father, Nightflame held back her thoughts and settled with a simple greeting. “Welcome, Flintspirit.”

This was it. Time for Flintspirit to become the new leader of ThunderClan. “Get ready!” Nightflame whispered, nearly wiggling with excitement.

“Flintspirit, with this life, I give you the ability to love like a family.” her eyes glowed tenderly with endearment as she explained, “Use it wisely to treat your Clanmates as though they are your own kin – with understanding, patience, and affection.” Touching her nose with Flintspirit’s, she paused momentarily, letting the intensity of the life flow through him and settle before slowly pulling away. She smiled, hoping to have given him the strength he needed in order to receive his next few lives, for they would definitely be more intense than the warm, emotional feeling of love. Now with her turn over, Nightflame backed away, bowing her head in respect for her father. She wished she could stay with him a little longer, but for now, their time together was up. The mist submerged her and she became one with the stars once again.

You’ll do great, Flintstar.

@Delta
@Bliss Girl (you're next!)

Last edited by Doom; September 23rd, 2019 at 05:11 PM.
Old September 24th, 2019, 06:21 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

@Venus

Green eyes shone as he saw Nightflame step out of the ranks first, his heart nearly stopping upon seeing her again. He had missed her so much, and she had died at the worst time in his life. But here she was, shining with the brilliance of the stars. He felt tears well up in his eyes that threatened to pool over as he looked down at her. His precious daughter, even though adopted, was here to give him a life. Maybe I didn’t fail her after all. He only wished he could see his parents as well. That would be the best thing in the world for him.

He nearly laughed at her excitement, smiling brightly as she stepped closer to him. As she began to speak the life she was to give, he realized this was it. This was the beginning of his new life as the leader of Thunderclan. And Nightflame was here to make sure he was off to an amazing start. Like she’s always been...
The tears did overflow as she pressed her nose to his, and Flintspirit could feel it all. All the warmth, all the joy, all the love that wasn’t instilled in him through this life. Patience, he knew he would need that. Understanding, he felt like he could achieve this. Affection? Flintspirit felt as if Nightflame had given him enough for the whole clan. As the effect of the life ebbed away and he opened his watery eyes, Flintspirit looked down at Nightflame as she moved back into the starry ranks. “Thank you.” He whispered. He gave a glance over to Tallmarsh, wondering if she was supposed to say anything after a life was given, or if she just watched.
After a moment, the tom then straightened his posture and glanced around, ready and awaiting his next life.

@Delta @Bliss Girl [shiverkit is next]

Character Site
--
Old September 24th, 2019, 06:51 PM
definitely NOT an alien

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:

@Venus

Green eyes shone as he saw Nightflame step out of the ranks first, his heart nearly stopping upon seeing her again. He had missed her so much, and she had died at the worst time in his life. But here she was, shining with the brilliance of the stars. He felt tears well up in his eyes that threatened to pool over as he looked down at her. His precious daughter, even though adopted, was here to give him a life. Maybe I didn’t fail her after all. He only wished he could see his parents as well. That would be the best thing in the world for him.

He nearly laughed at her excitement, smiling brightly as she stepped closer to him. As she began to speak the life she was to give, he realized this was it. This was the beginning of his new life as the leader of Thunderclan. And Nightflame was here to make sure he was off to an amazing start. Like she’s always been...
The tears did overflow as she pressed her nose to his, and Flintspirit could feel it all. All the warmth, all the joy, all the love that wasn’t instilled in him through this life. Patience, he knew he would need that. Understanding, he felt like he could achieve this. Affection? Flintspirit felt as if Nightflame had given him enough for the whole clan. As the effect of the life ebbed away and he opened his watery eyes, Flintspirit looked down at Nightflame as she moved back into the starry ranks. “Thank you.” He whispered. He gave a glance over to Tallmarsh, wondering if she was supposed to say anything after a life was given, or if she just watched.
After a moment, the tom then straightened his posture and glanced around, ready and awaiting his next life.

@Delta @Bliss Girl [shiverkit is next]
Tallmarsh's good eyes went wide in surprise when a familiar black she-cat stepped forward. "Nightflame..." the medicine cat breathed. She felt like she was seeing a ghost--which, technically she was. It seemed like forever ago that her former apprentice had died. She watched silently as Flintspirit received his first life, a mixture of joy and despair playing on her features. She was so happy to be able to see Nightflame again, but it only reminded her that she was gone from the mortal world and that so many others were gone as well. "One down, eight to go," she muttered solemnly, meeting Flintspirit's eyes.

@Bliss Girl
Old September 24th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Hopeful

| @Delta; ~ @RedHead; |
A small kitten padded forward to give her life to the new Thunderclan leader. For once in her life she wasn't nervous or afraid to talk in front of an important cat. She hadn't seen anyone living in Thunderclan since that frightful day when she passed on to join her warrior ancestors. Shiverkit reached Flintspirit with her paws filled with excitement. She managed to not bounce and act like a kit. "I'm Shiverkit and I give you the life of hope. Give hope to your clanmates and give hope to yourself for leading your clan you could sure use it.", she meowed. Shiverkit touched her nose to Flintspirit's as Nightflame had done. The kitten felt the cold she had once felt when she passed which was normal for her. It disappeared after she gave her pelt a shake. She glanced around, hearing the voices of the other cats who would give him a life after her.

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do

Old September 25th, 2019, 09:21 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

@Bliss Girl

The tom briefly acknowledged Tallmarsh’s comments, smiling brightly at her for a moment. He was energized, ready to take the next life he would receive.
His eyes widened as a small kit padded up to him, and he bent his head slightly as she neared. I didn’t know kits gave lives... but then again, everyone has something they can give to the clan. He listened to Shiverkit’s small voice, giving him his life. Hope. She was right, he could sure use that. Tilting his head to allow her to reach his nose, Flintspirit closed his eyes. He felt her nose touch is, and instantly a literal brightness seemed to shoot through him. He was filled with optimism and thoughts of how things could go right. How he could hold out for things to turn out right. There was no pain in the fiery burning of hope, just the pure brightness and hopefulness that his clan had been lacking so much recently.
Green eyes reopened as the kitten stepped away, and Flintspirit gave her a small smile. He opted to not say anything more, simply glancing around to see which cat would approach him next. So far, he felt great with the lives being given.

@Orchidleaf [Dappleclaw is next!] [ @Delta]

Character Site
--