Last post by occultation
Today 04:03 PM

Old September 23rd, 2017, 12:09 AM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoon View Post

slow snail cinderclaw thought racing after hummingsong "wait up " he said hoping that she heard him " i thought we where hunting for prey not trees" he said a bit confused why she was taking him to some beech trees not really noticing that he had leaves and twigs in his pelt
The tortoiseshell shecat called over her shoulder. "Beech trees mean beech nuts, and beech nuts means prey trying to eat the beech nuts," she explained. The she came to a sudden halt and dropped instantly into a crouch about a tree length away from the copse she had been thinking off. She waited in perfect silence for Cinderclaw to join her. "There," she whispered, pointing the the ground beneath the trees with her tail. "Can you see anything?"

Old September 23rd, 2017, 08:24 AM

My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiebear6 View Post
(I'm actually really enjoying this rp so far! I'm always checking for a reply lol. )

M-my name is... The kit scanned his mind, trying to think of a fake name, before giving up. After all, telling his name couldn't hurt. Or his clan.
The warrior code said that you have to be nice to kids!
[I]Halfkit! And I come from Thunderclan! /I] The kit squinted, staring the cat down. You look... A little familiar. He calmed down, looking around, observing every detail of the cat's pelt. Are you from Thunderclan too?
(Ah, I'm glad! I am too <3)

Wisteriapaw kept her indigo gaze on the kit, trying to figure out who he was and why he was out here. The molly wondered why the kit was hesitating, and when he answered, she found herself relax a bit. Knowing that he was a Clan kit, she felt a little less wary of him. As the kit spoke, she cocked her head, wondering where this kit came from and how he would know her. "I'm Wisteriapaw," she introduced, not letting her guard down fully. Her tail lashed slightly behind her in weariness.
Suddenly something sparked in her mind. This kit was from ThunderClan! From her Clan! But what was Halfkit doing all the way out here? Wisteriapaw had ventured pretty far for a kit, and she knew she was bound to get in trouble when she went back. "Yes. I am," she responded.

Last edited by Aquarius; September 23rd, 2017 at 08:25 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 03:03 PM
Dead Account

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
(Ah, I'm glad! I am too <3)

Wisteriapaw kept her indigo gaze on the kit, trying to figure out who he was and why he was out here. The molly wondered why the kit was hesitating, and when he answered, she found herself relax a bit. Knowing that he was a Clan kit, she felt a little less wary of him. As the kit spoke, she cocked her head, wondering where this kit came from and how he would know her. "I'm Wisteriapaw," she introduced, not letting her guard down fully. Her tail lashed slightly behind her in weariness.
Suddenly something sparked in her mind. This kit was from ThunderClan! From her Clan! But what was Halfkit doing all the way out here? Wisteriapaw had ventured pretty far for a kit, and she knew she was bound to get in trouble when she went back. "Yes. I am," she responded.
Halfkit grinned, a lot calmer and happier that this cat was from his own clan, and now he really thought about it, he kinda recognised the cat. He didn't really, but it was very comforting to think that. Do you know which way is which? I'm lost...Oh, But I can't go yet! We need some herbs! The kit smiled, but soon an expression of pure fear was on his face. Oh no... The kit started shaking a little bit, his eyes wide. You're not gonna tell Snowstar and Bubblestep, are you? I don't wanna get in trouble! A single tear rolled down the kit's face. He hated getting in trouble, as any kit did, but he also really didn't want his reputation to get ruined.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 05:44 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Default Re: ThunderClan Training Cave

@CandyFlossCat
Flintheart gave a lightened sigh as he padded along to the training cave, where all the apprentices of Thunderclan were trained in the art of battle and just combat in general. The grey-furred male had not been here in many years and it reminded him of the distant of how ruthless his own mentor was to him during training. He glanced behind him to make sure the young male was following him and sure enough, the respectable Ebonypaw was not far behind him. He had to admit, as the more days that he spent training the apprentice, the more fond he seemed to grow towards the smaller tom-cat, but he shook his head, knowing that it was not right for the older warrior to get soft right now. Flintheart halted at the edge of the cave, resting on his haunches as he looked down at his apprentice with a look of determined focus in order to train his student. “Alright, Ebonypaw. Today will be your first day learning about fighting and how to protect yourself, including the ones that you love.” The mentor explained, “Can you tell me what you know about combat already? I have heard that instead of hunting, fighting is more your strong suit. I am rather curious to know what you already know, if you catch my drift.” Flintheart was a mysterious, yet calmed warrior who enjoyed training younger cats, but he was also rather interested in getting to know the intelligence of the youth of the clan that he had been raised in - things like this always seemed to intrigue him.

Last edited by Captain; September 23rd, 2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 07:31 PM
#1 ragbros enjoyer

Bump Policy: if i ever actually post again
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Little Robin View Post
@CandyFlossCat
Flintheart gave a lightened sigh as he padded along to the training cave, where all the apprentices of Thunderclan were trained in the art of battle and just combat in general. The grey-furred male had not been here in many years and it reminded him of the distant of how ruthless his own mentor was to him during training. He glanced behind him to make sure the young male was following him and sure enough, the respectable Ebonypaw was not far behind him. He had to admit, as the more days that he spent training the apprentice, the more fond he seemed to grow towards the smaller tom-cat, but he shook his head, knowing that it was not right for the older warrior to get soft right now. Flintheart halted at the edge of the cave, resting on his haunches as he looked down at his apprentice with a look of determined focus in order to train his student. “Alright, Ebonypaw. Today will be your first day learning about fighting and how to protect yourself, including the ones that you love.” The mentor explained, “Can you tell me what you know about combat already? I have heard that instead of hunting, fighting is more your strong suit. I am rather curious to know what you already know, if you catch my drift.” Flintheart was a mysterious, yet calmed warrior who enjoyed training younger cats, but he was also rather interested in getting to know the intelligence of the youth of the clan that he had been raised in - things like this always seemed to intrigue him.
Ebonypaw's gaze raked the cave with curiosity. Battle training was usually done here, and it was clear from a few markings around and the other cats, mainly apprentices, with their mentors. He turned to look up at Flintheart, tilting his head slightly. He didn't like anyone here besides his mentor, since he didn't see Ivorypaw or her mentor. He sighed as he realized someone might talk to him. This sent a tiny shiver down his spine. He hated socializing with strangers. It just didn't make sense why anyone would willingly talk to someone who wasn't a friend, littermate, parents, or a mentor. Maybe a mate, if they had one, or kits. But those were the only acceptions to a cat like him. Ivorypaw talked to everyone. Which he couldn't explain, though it was amusing watching her interactions. He met the look of determination with some of his own, his tail curling as he waited for his instructions. "I know how to sneak up on my enemy, dodge, and a few basic moves. I didn't get to do as much fighting as i'd like when I was younger." He mewed honestly. He wasn't going to play himself up and then look like a fool in front of Flintheart. He felt a spark of pride as his mentor spoke, and he gave a little nod. "It's true." He mewed, his eyes glowing with determination to learn more. He wanted to be the best fighter he could be. Hunting was Ivorypaw's strong-suit, he didn't want to take her little spotlight.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 07:43 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyFlossCat View Post
Ebonypaw's gaze raked the cave with curiosity. Battle training was usually done here, and it was clear from a few markings around and the other cats, mainly apprentices, with their mentors. He turned to look up at Flintheart, tilting his head slightly. He didn't like anyone here besides his mentor, since he didn't see Ivorypaw or her mentor. He sighed as he realized someone might talk to him. This sent a tiny shiver down his spine. He hated socializing with strangers. It just didn't make sense why anyone would willingly talk to someone who wasn't a friend, littermate, parents, or a mentor. Maybe a mate, if they had one, or kits. But those were the only acceptions to a cat like him. Ivorypaw talked to everyone. Which he couldn't explain, though it was amusing watching her interactions. He met the look of determination with some of his own, his tail curling as he waited for his instructions. "I know how to sneak up on my enemy, dodge, and a few basic moves. I didn't get to do as much fighting as i'd like when I was younger." He mewed honestly. He wasn't going to play himself up and then look like a fool in front of Flintheart. He felt a spark of pride as his mentor spoke, and he gave a little nod. "It's true." He mewed, his eyes glowing with determination to learn more. He wanted to be the best fighter he could be. Hunting was Ivorypaw's strong-suit, he didn't want to take her little spotlight.
Flintheart listened in silence to the younger cat’s words, not interrupting or commenting on anything he had said until he was finished. The mentor noticed how proud the smaller tom appeared when he mentioned hearing about the apprentice’s fighting skills. Of course, it was only gossip around camp and from background conversations that he tended in on now and then, here in the training den, Ebonypaw could now show these skills in action and prove to the older warrior that they weren’t just exaggerated stories or whatnot. “Understandable.” The grey-furred male murmured, commenting on how he had mentioned not being able to practice when he was younger, “Most cats would frown upon young kittens practicing fighting moves. Although, that is their words, not mine. I believe that they should learn basic ways of self-defense as earlier as possible or when they can walk, at the least.” The male shook his head, “Forgive my rambling, I usually don’t share my opinion with others all that often. When I was your age, maybe even younger, my own mentor trained me until I couldn’t go on any longer for the day.” Flintheart cleared his throat, going back to what they were originally supposed to be doing - which was training, “Are you familiar with the move known as the Back Kick? It’s very simple.”
Old September 24th, 2017, 11:57 AM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The way that the younger cat acted made Marshpaw smile. It made him feel... happy. Very, very happy - like, happier then he could ever have imagined. This was what having someone who liked you felt like. This was what having someone who cared about you being around felt like. This... was what a non-romantic type of love felt like. In that moment Mintkit was his sister, his apprentice, his friend - his best friend, his partner, his deputy, his - everything. The other half. They had just clicked - somehow, some way, and now Marshpaw was thrilled. Life had no possible ending. He sneezed, feeling her tail tickling his nose. "Do you just live to torment me?" The older tom asked with a sigh, batting a paw at her. But there was a smile on his maw and a sparkle in his hues. He was teasing her.

That was what he liked, teasing Mintkit - she was so much fun to tease! She was the best. As she buried her face into his fur, his shoulder, a flash of surprise crossed over the tom. He hadn't seen it coming - which was what surprised him. But he stayed still, looking down at her, with an almost brotherly - or perhaps fatherly - softness to his eyes. He wanted to take care of Mintkit, keep her safe - somehow. Some way. And he would. Nothing had happened on the way over here, right? When she got older he would push it farther. And hope that he didn't get into trouble with her parents. But somehow, he knew that he wouldn't. Everything - and he meant everything - was going to be just fine. How he knew that? Well, he actually wasn't quite - sure. But there was some way that he could feel it, that he could know everything would be just fine as long as he had the young she cat with him.

"Um, yeah it does!" This was spoken just a few moments before he sprang up into a fighting stance, his tail lashing, his eyes alert and ready and playful. In that moment it was him and Mintkit. He and his friend. There was nothing else - not any of the other cats in the Training Cave, not even the cave itself. There was just him and Mintkit and a blurred background - his vision was that focused. But her tiny, squeaky 'rawr' threw him off and he stared at her for a second as though confused, before amusement gleamed in his dark eyes and he began to laugh. Momentarily his whole guard was thrown off as a certain warmth entered his expression. Affection. Not to mention a trace of exasperation, as though he couldn't believe he had thrown her off but he was also partly laughing at her for doing it. Confusing? Just a bit, so it was a good thing Mintkit was pretty good with expressions and picking things like that out.

Otherwise the tom probably wouldn't have conveyed any emotions to her and she would be wondering why he was just standing there. Like an idiot. Laughing, and with his eyes sparking full of emotions. "You're always going to be adorably fierce, Mintkit." The tom purred before he sprang, aiming to bowl her over or wrap her up in one of those awkward warm, pillow-fluffy hugs that he had liked before. Although that would stop their spar, so maybe he could bowl her over instead? He wouldn't hurt her. She was much tougher then she looked, which Marshpaw already knew. He couldn't hurt her might be more accurate. And he wouldn't want to hurt her, despite whatever might come in the future. He would never want to.
"Guess so," Mintkit smirked in response to his teasing remark, dancing out of his way once more. She felt his paw lightly hit her shoulder, and she laughed a little bit as she retaliated, her paw coming out to gently bop him on the nose. She was just triumphant she had made him sneeze, honestly. Mission accomplished. Her whiskers quivered. She felt like such a kit. It was amazing. The young blue-point Siamese smiled brightly at the apprentice, her ice blue eyes sparkling as she glanced around. She hadn't really thought about going out into the territory, or into the training hollow before. But now here they were. Mintkit was missing out on this for so long, wasn't she? Well, not anymore!

She giggled at the surprise on his face when her face buried into his shoulder, but she didn't move, gazing up at him with affectionate ice blue eyes. The look in his own dark eyes was almost protective - It gave Mintkit a warm feeling inside. She felt safe with him, she realized, safer than ever. Like he would protect her, do anything for her. Like he was hers. Her big brother. Her mentor. Her best friend. Hers. Mine. Mintkit smiled, relishing the feeling, the warmth that it brought her as she shut her eyes, taking a deep breath. Yes, he was hers. And he was gonna protect her... And she was gonna protect him. Because she was his, too. No matter what, she would be at his side.

Mintkit grinned when he sprang to his paws, and crouched down low, tail lashing side to side in a playful manner. His reaction to her growl had her smiling when he began to laugh, seeing the confusion on his face for a second. It had thrown him off, Mintkit knew - That's what she liked. She liked being able to surprise him like that. She knew her behavior now was completely different from how it was when they'd just met in the clearing; She had been serious, distant, mature... Now, she was crouching in front of him, ready for him to launch at her, ready to spar again, ready to play. Her almost dry, serene sense of humor mixed well with his happy-go-lucky, playfulness in a way Mintkit didn't completely understand... But she loved it.

"Well! I'll just have to work on being more fierce than adorable." Mintkit mewed playfully, eyes flickering with amusement. And then he had launched, which took her by surprise immediately; She had no time to dodge. He'd bowled her over already before she could blink - But that didn't stop her from trying to wriggle away before he could completely crush her. She was laughing, almost breathless; Of course he wasn't hurting her. Marshpaw would never hurt her. But at the moment he was winning, and the competitive side of Mintkit wasn't having any of that. She snickered, pushing her paws lightly against his chest and attempting to wriggle out from under him again, eyes shining with amusement.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust
Old September 24th, 2017, 12:09 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Foxthorn bounded through the territory, his green eyes fixed ahead. Usually he'd be pranking, but that wasn't all he did. He liked to run, too. His fur bristled as he ran, fluffed up, ears pricked, his paws stretching forward in longer strides each bound he took, running faster and faster, dodging trees and bushes. Of course, Foxthorn was thinking of pranks. Stuff he could do. Stuff some fresh-kill with the traveling herbs growing outside of camp? Or, maybe stuff fresh-kill with catmint? That made cats go crazy! Or perhaps he could stuff the prey with berries. That dyed cat's mouths different colors for a while, until they washed it off again, but it took alot of washing to get berry juice out of their fur. Of course, Foxthorn would never use poisonous berries. And he'd been in the pranking business long enough to know which ones were poisonous.

The Tom chuckled as he ran, reminding himself to stay alert. But his thoughts continued to trail, thinking of the possible pranks he could pull. The berry thing seemed like a good idea. He had some stashed behind his nest. But he did wanna stay out for a while longer. Maybe he could find some catmint. There was always some of that growing next to the fences near the twolegplace. Then again, traveling herbs were closer. Foxthorn's mind spun, thinking as he ran, which direction to go. What about poppy seeds? Of course, he'd only put two in one piece of fresh-kill. Foxthorn wasn't a medicine cat, but he wasn't completely stupid. More than two could do some serious damage to a cat. But only two could put them to sleep. Maybe he'd find some of those and stuff two in a few pieces of fresh-kill. Of course, he wasn't sure where they grew. Maybe camint was a better idea... Foxthorn was so caught up in his own thoughts, he wasn't even watching where he was running anymore. The possibilities were endless.

( @AbsurdJinx )

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust

Last edited by Random Melody; September 24th, 2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old September 24th, 2017, 04:41 PM
a lonely nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBandits View Post
Lightpaw jumped a bit when Arrowheart padded from the bushes and bracken, but she did what she could to hide it. If he'd seen her previous behavior, she needed to make up for her kit-like actions. "Hunting training?" She echoed, her tail beginning to twitch. I get to hunt real live prey? And kill it and bring it back for the Clan? The apprentice couldn't help showing her excitement at getting to do something useful for her Clanmates, especially since they were in times of trouble. Since prey was scarce, most everyone had been going hungry over the past while, and if she could bring back even a little something, she knew she'd feel proud. And Arrowheart will be proud of me, too! Smiling, she gave a little bounce as she asked, "What are we going to hunt? Mice? Squirrels? Birds? If we hunt birds, then I can use my energy for something good!

Being perfectly honest, Lightpaw knew that no matter how hard she tried, she probably wouldn't find anything, much less catch it. If there had been anything edible nearby, it would've run off at her lumbering footsteps not long ago. And even if she did see something, she'd still be too loud to even get near it. I've got to try, though. Who knows? Maybe I'm a really good hunter and just didn't know it! She let that thought keep her motivated, no matter how unlikely it was. As long as she stayed positive, the she-cat was sure she could do anything. She jumped impatiently from paw to paw as she waited for her mentor's response, eager to hear their target prey and the day's lesson.
(Bump for @Nighty when you return <3)

Profile picture by the wonderous Ever!
Old September 24th, 2017, 06:08 PM

My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiebear6 View Post
Halfkit grinned, a lot calmer and happier that this cat was from his own clan, and now he really thought about it, he kinda recognised the cat. He didn't really, but it was very comforting to think that. Do you know which way is which? I'm lost...Oh, But I can't go yet! We need some herbs! The kit smiled, but soon an expression of pure fear was on his face. Oh no... The kit started shaking a little bit, his eyes wide. You're not gonna tell Snowstar and Bubblestep, are you? I don't wanna get in trouble! A single tear rolled down the kit's face. He hated getting in trouble, as any kit did, but he also really didn't want his reputation to get ruined.
Wisteriapaw tilted her head in confusion at Halfkit, wondering why he was all the way out here. Of course he was lost, she had known that from the beginning. The young molly opened her mouth to reply to the kitten when he mentioned something about gathering herbs. Wisteriapaw's ears pricked erect with confusion, curious as to why a kit would be out in the forest, attempting to gather plants. She swallowed back a biting purr. What an absurd idea! They must be no more than a moon old.... Suddenly, she saw the kit start shaking and she grew concerned, taking a step forward. Her tabby fur bristled, as the kit expressed her worry. For once, it kind of made Wisteriapaw seem powerful and superior, and she honestly liked it. But still, by no means was she going to terrorize a kit for the mere fact that she could. What a horrid thing to do. She shook her head as the kit began crying, and lowered her head to meet Halfkit's level. "I won't. Snowstar and Bubblestep won't know anything unless they find out some other way. But you can't be out here trying to pick herbs. It's dangerous," she warned, her gaze flicking with alarm as she realized how vulnerable the two were out here. "I can help you back to camp," she offered.