RiverClan Resources
Last post by SilverFur.
Today 03:10 AM

Old September 10th, 2017, 03:25 AM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: † Sacrifice. [Limited]

@Duststorm @alphypoin @Spikes @Socks

Jules held the key to the cabin between her fingers, the cool metal flat against the pads of her fingers. The group had settled for a ¨get away trip¨ for bonding time. They all had their busy lives, and it was nice to spend some quality times in between all of that with no interruptions. While the post men at the main cabin seemed way to perky to hand her the key, she didnt care. Some people were actually happy with life and their job, not that Jules could see the happiness in working in the middle of the forest with no wifi for a living. Once arriving to the cabin she looked behind her, making sure the rest of the group had followed before turning back and unlocking the wooden door.

The cabin was huge, a large open floor plan. A typical wooden cabin, wood log walls and high ceilings, antler chandler and all. There was a fire place, outlined in stone with pictures along it. It was weird, you wouldn't think personal pictures of people would be in a cabin. Jules shrugged it off, walking inside to get out from the chilly autumn air. The place was big, and it was a deal that they had gotten it for the weekend for so cheap. Pulling her bags in along side her, she set her things nice to the couch for now, hazel eyes glazing over the large place. There was an upstairs with probably more than enough rooms, a large open walk way railing going from one side of the house to another instead of a hallway.

Honestly, Jules didnt care for these types of things. She could be in her house with a good book or something. Cuddled in her bed at her house relaxing by herself. But no, she was here. She loved her friends, she truly did, but Jules liked social interaction done in moderation and getting up early as dawn to drive here was more then enough interaction. Now she had a whole weekend. She mainly came along because Stevie wanted to. She was like, Jules best friend after all. She couldnt just not go if she was going. It would be a little less intolerable with her around anyway.

Turning to the rest of the group, she wiggled the keys in her hand,
¨Home sweet home.¨
Old September 10th, 2017, 12:59 PM
no u

Lightbulb Re: † Sacrifice. [Limited]

It had been such a silly idea, really. The idea of camping had never really been Stevie's strong suit, yet she'd agreed to go, mainly because she needed to get out of the house. Besides, Jules had been invited and had only agreed to go when Stevie told her she wanted to. The car ride had been long, and the staff at the main cabin had been alarmingly kind, in a way you'd think it would be a horror movie. She shrugged the feeling off, she knew what it was like to deal with people as a waitress, they were probably just being nice so they wouldn't get fired.

As the car stopped, she slid the door open and unfolded her wheel chair, setting it as flat as she could on the gravel driveway and hauling herself out of the car, almost throwing herself into her chair. After settling down, she wheeled towards the cabin, taking the longer incline upwards onto the small porch and following Jules inside. It was a rather cosy cabin, really, it gave Stevie a romantic feeling. She looked at Jules's tired face and elbowed her gently.

"It'll be nice!" She said, laughter somehow lacing through her tone as she spoke.

Practically leaping out of the vehicle came AJ, their boisterous tone echoing over the rather serene forest as they laughed. AJ didn't get out often, but when they did it was mostly from hanging out with their friends, or work. They pulled their bags from the car, making sure to take Stevie's with them, knowing she'd either forget them or struggle to get them.

Bounding up the steps, they couldn't help but breathe deeply, "God, I love nature," They sighed, stepping into the woody cabin and dumping the load of belongings onto the floor and dropping onto the nearest soft surface, tucking their arms behind their head. They propped their feet up on the arm of the couch and slumped, shutting their eyes with a grin.

love
characters
Old September 10th, 2017, 03:26 PM
The Red to your Blue~

My Mood: Queenly

Lauren hung behind the group, focusing on the cabin itself, rather than anything else. She shouldn't have agreed to come in the first place. It had nothing to do with the fact that the cabin rubbed her the wrong way, or that they were smack bang in the middle of the woods, but being stuck in here with no internet? With people she'd have to interact with during their stay? That wasn't exactly her cup of tea. She'd give up the internet just to stay on her own. Too bad she thought that this would be a pleasant experience... A semi-pleasant one. Maybe it would be if the others left her alone.
It seemed as though she'd have to go in sooner or later, however, and the warmth of the cabin held a respite from the cold. Staying at the entrance, she poked her head in, rolling her eyes slightly as she caught a glimpse of the figure on the couch, taking it up entirely. A look into what she'd have to deal with for the time being. She made her way in from this point, staying close to the wall as she moved.

Charles was bewildered as he watched Jules open the cabin door, more excited than anything. Finally back together again. Work was hectic, and being able to spend some time alone with friends was just what he needed. He didn't hesitate to enter once the door was opened, though he was too pumped up to lay himself out on any of the furniture that was offered at this point. His gaze fell upon the homely decorations. This place was definitely well "adorned", he'd give it that. It was almost frighteningly well adorned, in a sense. Photo frames of people he didn't know tipped him off slightly, though he wasn't in the mood and didn't have the gall to make the others uncomfortable with such a claim. Now wasn't the time for detective work!
"Bless you Jules. I owe you one." he smiled at her once he was done scoping the place out. It was thanks to her that they were all here. He was glad she'd given him an excuse to take a break and see everyone again.

( @woly | @alphypoin )
Old September 10th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Foot Wallet

Bump Policy: After a day
My Mood: Adorable

@woly @Spikes @alphypoin

Ro had been excited to get to get away with friends and hang out in a cabin, but when arriving something made her feel it wasn't quite... right. She twirled the amber of her necklace between her fingers as she stepped out of the car, taking comfort out of the protective stone. She lingered outside the cabin for a while, looking at nature and her worries slipped away slightly, but there was still a lingering eerie feeling she got from the post men. Entering the cabin, she pushed that feeling away as to not worry her friends.

The inside of the cabin was great, it was large and beautiful and full of all sorts of elements from nature which made the girl smile. She looked around at all her friend's reactions to the cabin and noticed the framed pictures. She didn't really think much of it, another group must have left it here, or maybe it was just some stock photos to make it feel welcoming, either way, Ro walked over to better investigate them. She found only typical photos but that eerie feeling suddenly rose back up and Ro wished she had brought some sage or amethyst.

You can contact me on discord (sock.puppet.man) if you wanna talk
I appreciate tone tags, sorry if I'm a little awkward.

my pfp is from the 1987 tmnt animated series

Last edited by Socks; September 10th, 2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old September 10th, 2017, 06:04 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

@woly @Spikes @alphypoin @Socks

Shifting the gear into park, Fritz looked over to his niece, Maxie, offering a warm smile. It wasn't uncommon for the pair to be in the woods, between their camping trips and hikes, this was just like any other experience. Nothing had caught Fritz's attention, other than Maxie's weird reaction to the post men, but even then, he knew she was a bit on edge coming out this far.

"Come on Maxie, it's supposed to be fun." He nudged the other gently with his elbow and unbuckled his seatbelt, hopping out of the car. Inhaling deeply, the man let out a loud sigh and took a few steps towards the cabin. It was a beautiful sight. The vast expanse of trees, hues of warm green tones and a few yellows. The perfect weather as well! Letting out another soft sigh, Fritz walked around the back of the mini van, popping open the trunk and grabbing his own bags.

Unstrapping herself from her seatbelt, Maxie pushed open the car door and stepped out, taking in the scene splayed out before her. "It's so beautiful out here." She commented, although to no one in particular. Following Fritz to the back of the car, Maxine snatched her bags from the trunk and led the two inside, her face contorted in awe as she walked inside the cabin. Soft palette colors, monotone warm woods and the upholstery was incredibly cute and homey.

"You've outdone yourself this time Jules."

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

Last edited by Dust; September 10th, 2017 at 06:06 PM.
Old September 10th, 2017, 06:40 PM
whats up danger?

@Duststorm @alphypoin @Spikes @Socks

Time- 7:39 pm

Feeling the slight jab to her side, she looked towards Stevie with a raised eyebrow, eyes looking over her lips to translate what she had said. Nice. Yeah, okay. Jules would try to have fun, despite being an introvert. Her eyes scanned over the cabin, the high ceilings, the eerie pictures on the wall. The place gave her a bad vibe as soon as she set foot on this place, but Jules was a pessimist, it was nothing more then her usual grumpy mood she thought. This cabin was big, but she doubted there was 8 rooms for every single one of them. Which meant, either some people were crashing in the living room or bunking. ¨I suggest claiming rooms before theyre taken. Some will have to crash on the couch or bunk with another person.¨ While she was deaf, she hasnt always been. Keeping her voice at a monotone level and gestimating the sound of her voice.

Looking over the first floor, there was a large kitchen, the living room they were all in currently, hallways to bathroom, and so on. Most of the bedrooms were upstairs, except for one, which was the master bedroom. ¨Me and Stevie are getting the master bedroom.¨ she said, expecting no rebuttal or complaint. if there was, they would personally get an earful from Jules. It was the only bedroom on the first floor, and she was sure Stevie didnt want to be carried up and down stairs all weekend. She didnt really mind sharing a room with Stevie, she just kinda called the room without thinking, but would understand and crash on the couch if Stevie wanted her to.

Each bedroom was custom, almost to a personal extent. Having the same cabin wood feel in all of them of course, but in an eerie sense. Still having the personal pictures and custom knick knacks in every room, to still having coats hung up in the coat racks. They were large, king beds in each one with the standard night tables, lamps, dresser and TV. It was like a hotel room, just with a personal touch. There were four rooms total, counting the Master.

Looking towards her and Stevies luggage she piped up,¨Want me to help you with your bags?¨

Last edited by graves; September 10th, 2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old September 11th, 2017, 12:36 AM
The Red to your Blue~

My Mood: Queenly

Lauren scoffed. She'd rather take the couch than bunk with any of the others. She didn't care who took what room, as long as none of them tried to take any spots with or near her. Seemed as if the couch was her best bet, after all. Maybe this outing would seem a whole lot nicer if she didn't have to worry about who'd be doing what. Lauren saw no point in complaining, though. To do so would mean that she'd have to answer why she came in the first place, something she barely knew herself. Maybe she hadn't thought the "together" thing out very well.

Charlie glanced about at the group, noticing there were missing a few people. That was a shame, but not everyone's plans could go through, right? He was hesitant to leave work, himself. He was about to go back to admiring his surroundings, until he heard the sound of a car door opening outside. Charlie looked out of the window, smiling as he saw the two missing members of the group.
He moved by the door, waiting at the entrance as the two approached and gawked at the place, just like the others. Was this some special ability that Jules had? Everyone was in awe at everything surrounding. Maybe the whole setting was just something new for them all.
"Maxie." He smiled at the newcomer, before looking behind her to smile at their second newcomer.
"Fritz, too? I can't believe everyone showed up, to be honest. It's great!" now that he knew they were all here, he had a hard time masking his excitement. He was definitely eager to see what was planned for their stay.

( @woly | @Duststorm | @alphypoin | @Socks )
Old September 12th, 2017, 09:50 PM
no u

Lightbulb Re: † Sacrifice. [Limited]

At Jules lightening up a bit, Stevie grinned, then nodded at her offer. She hauled a small, red duffle onto her lap and swinging a netted backpack onto a handle of her wheelchair, leaving the rolling suitcase for Jules to handle. Then, she turned and wheeled down the hallway until she found the door to the master bedroom, which was fairly large with a big queen-sized bed in the middle and adorned with a few amenities, along with oddly personal photographs much like the living room. It unsettled her, but she didn't say much of it, only dropping the duffle on the floor next to the vanity and turning to see if Jules had followed. It was nice here. A few friends, nature. Jules. It would be nice. Stevie would keep repeating that until she believed it herself, she only had a little bit of a bad feeling about the place. The cosiness of it, how the walls were decorated with things that were usually put in a family home. It all seemed fairly... ominous, but she shook the feeling off. Just nerves, that's all.

Cracking an eye open, AJ glanced at Lauren, who looked pretty far from happy with the situation. They sat up, pulling a puppy-dog look and cocking their head to the side with a puffed-out lip and their legs crossed.

"What's wrong, L?" They asked, sounding actually sincere for a moment before grinning, "We can share the couch if you want!" A shortly stifled snicker escaped them, but they did hold back most of it. They curled their legs to their chest and scooted backwards, patting a seat beside them and giving a way-too-innocent look at the girl.

@woly | @Duststorm | @Spikes | @Socks

love
characters
Old September 12th, 2017, 10:28 PM
Foot Wallet

Bump Policy: After a day
My Mood: Adorable

@woly @Duststorm @Spikes @alphypoin

Rowan turned to look at the others at the mention of picking rooms. She wasn't very close to most in the group, she was one of those who was introduced into the group by a single person and ended up just tagging along with things. Of course, she is friends with all of them but unlike others in the group who are really close to one or two, she is just pretty good friends with all of them and hangs out when she can. She was really excited to go on this trip in order to become better friends with the others.

"I'll share a room with anyone, who wants to?" She smiled, lifting her hand like she was raising her hand in class. She pulled her backpack up onto her shoulder further to prepare to scale the stairs to find a room, but first she looked around the room at her friends for someone to take her offer. She hadn't brought much on this trip, just enough to get through their time there.

You can contact me on discord (sock.puppet.man) if you wanna talk
I appreciate tone tags, sorry if I'm a little awkward.

my pfp is from the 1987 tmnt animated series
Old September 14th, 2017, 02:39 AM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

@woly @Spikes @Socks @alphypoin
(Sorry this took so long you guys @_@ )

"You bet your ass I'm here, man!" Dropping his bags on the ground beside Maxie, Fritz beamed at the other man and pulled him into a tight hug, patting his back in greeting. "How's the force treating you? Share a room and we can talk all about it!" Scurrying to retrieve his bag, Fritz hoisted it up, pulling out the handle positioned on the top of his small rolling night bag. He knew they would only be staying a week max, so he wanted to pack as light as possible. Listening for Charlie's answer, Fritz nodded in acknowledgement before giving Maxie a quick kiss on the head and a tight hug. Motioning his head towards the stair case, the older man silently greeted everyone in the room with a tilt of the head and, very rapidly, scrambled up the stairs, his voice echoing through out the large living room,

"I don't know about you all, but I'm finding my room!" And with that exclamation, Fritz disappeared into the upstairs hallway, opening each door, before quickly shutting it in search of the perfect room.

----

A small smile formed on her lips, Maxie waved hello the Charlie, her smile stretching into a grin as she watched Fritz embrace him. It just happened on a whim that there had been enough room for Fritz to come along, after all, these were her friends for the most part. Honestly, Maxie would have felt a bit uncomfortable without the other here, but nonetheless, would have come anyway. A small bout of laughter erupted from her as Fritz displayed his affection then quickly disappeared upstairs. Glancing around the room, Maxine spotted Rowan. She didn't know the other very well, as she had just been introduced to the other not so long ago, but perhaps they could bunk together and get to know eachother better?

Pacing over to Rowan, the woman extended her hand, a warm smile present on her features. "Would you want to share a room, Rowan? Could be fun." She commented, adjusting the strap on her shoulder bag. It could be fun! Generally, Max preferred to have her own room, or even sleep on the couch, but like Fritz had said, this was supposed to be a friends outing. What could go wrong?

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

Last edited by Dust; September 14th, 2017 at 12:47 PM.