quillpaw's stealth lesson...
Last post by furrensic
Today 04:54 PM

Old February 18th, 2024, 04:40 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Thunderglade

As they neared the border with WindClan, a familiar smell caught Wolfpaw's attention and his nose wrinkled from distaste. It was rare to stumble across the scent of decay, in his opinion, but once one did the scent was forever burned into their mind.

It was a scent that brought him back to when they found Acornkit, mangled and torn near the edge of the territory. He didn't know how long she'd been there, but her body was rotten and merely food for insects and birds. He mentally prepared himself for the worst as they closed in on the scent, the decomposition stomach turning.

If there were threats, it'd be hard to detect it under these circumstances. Wolfpaw craned his ears, keeping his eyes peeled for any movements or noises. The only sound was fluttering of winds, as a couple birds were spooked to the wind.

Fawnpaw was in pieces, not unlike Acornkit. Wolfpaw was glad he had steeled himself - muzzle pressed in a thin line as he examined the scene. Indeed, she had been here a while - how had a patrol not noticed? Had any of their cats been over here? Had WindClan? Did WindClan do this? He didn't want to believe they'd be so cruel as to murder an apprentice, but.. maybe this was some twisted retribution for the kid they claimed Spiderthroat murdered. Territory wasn't enough.

"Doesn't look like a predator did this," he murmured. "There's a lot of claw marks.." Badger claws were thicker, and would've left more gashes than scratches. The only indicator of a bite wound was near their neck and, upon closer look, possibly her back. It was possible decay had altered the wounds as she rotted, but.. a predator would've done more damage, torn her up more. In her current state, it just looked like she'd been snacked on by the environment.

Regardless, Wolfpaw held his breath a little as he moved toward her remains. The stench was nearly overpowering, and he didn't want to take in a lot. "I don't think we should take her back to camp like this." For one, he didn't want the scent of death and rot in camp - no amount of herbs could mask it. And two.. "They shouldn't see her like this. But.." his attention turned to Nightgaze. "We can take her to Willow's Rise, give her a decent burial. And the Clan can gather where she rests, if any of them want to say goodbye."

[ @tallulah, @The Doctor ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old February 25th, 2024, 03:07 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive

Redhawk
She/they | 30 moons | ThunderClan Hornet
[ Ultimate Predator • The Collector • Kitty Softpaws ]
Stepping up next to Wolfpaw to look down at the slain body of Fawnpaw, doing her best to keep the contents of her stomach from leaving, Redhawk nodded. "A predator wouldn't have left t-this much behind..." A gruesome thought perhaps, but if a coyote or badger or a hungry fox, the body would likely have been reduce to an unrecognizable state. With her body so close to the WindClan border...

"Nightgaze, would you like t-to carry her body to Willow's Rise?" She didn't want to make a move to carry the young cat and deprive her mentor of one last task. Grief clouded her gaze and instinctively she laid her tail across Wolfpaw's back, though her gaze remained on the fallen apprentice and heartbroken mentor. Already her mind was whirling on what to do - bury Fawnpaw, of course, but then they would have to tell Bumblestar and entertain the idea that WindClan might've had a paw in this.

[ @BEAR. @The Doctor - today isn't the 25th it is simply the 19th i refuse to believe it's been seven days ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old February 26th, 2024, 01:43 PM
Master of bad jokes

Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Psychedelic

Nightgaze
Thunderclan warrior

Wincing at Wolfpaw's words she couldn't help agree with him, it was unlikely a predator would do this yet she didn't want to think someone would murder Fawnpaw it was just...unbelievable in her eyes; who could hurt someone as sweet and happy as her apprentice.

Tears dripping down her face, Nightgaze nodded at both Wolfpaw's and Redhawk's suggestions of burying Fawnpaw. "O-Ok" she croaked, hesitating for a moment before slowly approaching her apprentice's body. Attempting to lap away some of the blood that covered Fawn's pelt she wasn't very successful but still she wanted to make an effort.
Sliding under Fawnpaw she hauled the young she-cat onto her back and made sure she was secure before padding back to the others, dullness in her eyes. "Let's go..."

(Sorry this is so sloppy I'm a little sick right now to my writing's not that good. :P)

@tally @BEAR.

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old March 4th, 2024, 11:17 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive

Redhawk
After both warriors showed up, Redhawk headed out of camp and made quick work towards the shared border with WindClan. She made sure to stop a little earlier than she was used to, noting the new border that had been pushed back. "You two t-take that end, I'll mark up h-here." That way they could get the most done in the least amount of time. Plus, they were both warriors and Red figured they knew what to look for and how to mark the border. It was quiet so far, so the hornet hopped it would stay that way for the patrol.

Turning to face the direction she would be going the reddish-brown warrior started to refresh the scent markers, occasionally glancing into WindClan territory. Fawnpaw's death still lingered on her mind, igniting a small fire within her chest. Hopefully they'd get to the bottom of who'd killed her...

[ @starry @shoomy! ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; March 5th, 2024 at 04:58 PM.
Old March 5th, 2024, 04:59 PM
Scuttling in the basement

Bump Policy: When the stars align (2 days, 1 if urgent)
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tally View Post
Redhawk
After both warriors showed up, Redhawk headed out of camp and made quick work towards the shared border with WindClan. She made sure to stop a little earlier than she was used to, noting the new border that had been pushed back. "You two t-take that end, I'll mark up h-here." That way they could get the most done in the least amount of time. Plus, they were both warriors and Red figured they knew what to look for and how to mark the border. It was quiet so far, so the hornet hopped it would stay that way for the patrol.

Turning to face the direction she would be going the reddish-brown warrior started to refresh the scent markers, occasionally glancing into WindClan territory. Fawnpaw's death still lingered on her mind, igniting a small fire within her chest. Hopefully they'd get to the bottom of who'd killed her...

[ @starry @shoomy! ]
eaglespirit marked her part.

"Tomatoes are in the same family as some of the world's deadliest poisons. That just goes to show how rebellious tomatoes are."
"What about how the apple can fall far from the tree?"
"No, sometimes the tomato falls from the plant."

Ɛ> Toyhouse <3

Last edited by Aolani; March 6th, 2024 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Name mix-up
Old March 7th, 2024, 02:27 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Fawnsplash followed the two warriors into the territory, keeping her ears pricked for any dangers. She knew the border had been pushed back so she stopped a little earlier, nodding as Redhawk gave instructions. Then she began to mark her part of the border and joined her patrolmates once again. “Shall we head back?” she questioned with a tip of her head.

@tally @shoomy!

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old March 7th, 2024, 11:18 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merp Machine View Post
Whiteriver jumped "O-oh hello yea i know you copperpaw! and sure" (meet at thunderglade)

《 Copperpaw 》
3/100

they/them / thunderclan apprentice / ambitious

Copperpaw walked near Whiteriver but a tad in front of the warrior. They had their tail raised in the air swaying softly. "Where are we now?" They asked, their eyes darting everywhere.
(@Merp Machine ; Whiteriver )

Last edited by nyx; March 7th, 2024 at 11:21 AM.
Old March 7th, 2024, 11:24 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime i might be slow to Respond
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by niiight View Post

《 Copperpaw 》
3/100

Copperpaw walked near Whiteriver but a tad in front of the warrior. They had their tail raised in the air swaying softly. "Where are we now?" They asked, their eyes darting everywhere.

"Thunderglade" Whiteriver answered, his white pelt gleaming in the light "The best place to hunt"
Meadowclan Sign Ups!

Perchstar is the current leader of MeadowClan!
Old March 7th, 2024, 11:30 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merp Machine View Post
"Thunderglade" Whiteriver answered, his white pelt gleaming in the light "The best place to hunt"

《 Copperpaw 》
4/100

Copperpaw stopped so they were right next to Whiteriver. "Hunting? Can you teach me how to hunt?" They rambled excitedly.

Last edited by nyx; March 7th, 2024 at 11:40 AM.
Old March 7th, 2024, 11:43 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime i might be slow to Respond
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by niiight View Post

《 Copperpaw 》
1/100

Copperpaw stopped so they were right next to Whiteriver. "Hunting? Can you teach me how to hunt?" They rambled excitedly.

Whiteriver
"Let's go!"
==============================
"Ha! sure, he saw a mouse "get into a nice hunting crouch, he demonstrated as he fell down into a crouch, "Keep all your wight on you back side then.... LEAP! " he jumped onto the mouse flipping it into teh air before finishing it off "and that's the thunderclan hunting crouch, now show me"
Meadowclan Sign Ups!

Perchstar is the current leader of MeadowClan!