by taillow
Last post by wolfie
Today 01:00 PM

Old September 7th, 2023, 08:43 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Croaking Swamp

It was here, in the Croaking Swamp, that the aptly named Frogpaw was found sitting on the damp ground and poking at some frogs and toads. The slippery little creatures always fascinated him, honestly. At first, it was because he wanted to know what he was named after. But it soon turned into playing with them when he could. Unlike most other prey, cats didn't seem to like them all that much. Which was fine, because Frogpaw really loved the taste of the creatures.

Anyway, here he was, listening to the songs of a variety of frogs, watching the strange creatures flop on past him as if he were just a log or a rock, and not something that could kill them. Lucky for the frogs, Frogpaw wasn't all that hungry, he just needed a break from camp. Once every now and then he would poke at one with a curious claw to see how it reacted. He loved how they hopped.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]

Last edited by vellichor; September 7th, 2023 at 08:43 PM.
Old September 8th, 2023, 11:53 AM
THEY GAVE ME A GUN

Bump Policy: Anytime is fine! I’m quite forgetful

Beartooth and chirppaw

Post 1
Chirppaw kept his head down as he trudged behind his mentor in silence. After a while the silence became unbearable and beartooth paused in his step. With a heavy sigh he turned towards his apprentice who stared blankly back at him. Chirppaw listen carefully his voice usually gruff and stern had taken a more gentle approach. Your a good kid believe me… and you know I’ll always look out for you but still. I can’t watch him grow up like this…it’s not right. chirp you need friends you can’t be alone all the time you need to learn how to talk and laugh and smile…all the things you should’ve learned as a kit. chirppaw listened in silence as his mentor lectured him. I know you do but…I don’t know how? I’m confused and I’m lost…beartooth..I’m scared. he meowed as he hunched in on himself. I’ve never fit in with the other kits! And I don’t think I ever will…I’m scared of the shadows..I’m scared of the light! Damn it I get scared of the slightest breeze! I’m not normal beartooth and I NEVER WILL BE. he spat bitterly. Beartooth smiled as chirppaw yowled at him. So you can feel things. he meowed soberly. Chirppaw froze in shock as he realized the twisting emotions churning inside of him. Gritting his teeth he pushed past beartooth let’s just get this over with. Every conversation I have with you ends up with us arguing. bear tooth watches the young cat pass him by with sadness in his eyes. Forgive me midnight but I’m afraid I can’t tell him just yet. Our son…he’s troubled my love. If only I had been there…if only he knew that I was his father.

꧁༺ inside this place is warm, Outside it starts to pour ༻꧂

Last edited by Kass; September 13th, 2023 at 09:40 AM.
Old September 8th, 2023, 01:03 PM
THEY GAVE ME A GUN

Bump Policy: Anytime is fine! I’m quite forgetful

Beartooth + chirppaw

Part 2
anger powered the lanky apprentice forward a few paces further than his mentor who watched calmly from behind him. Why do you keep staring at me old man he grunted in annoyance. I find it fairly amusing chirppaw beartooth replied. Tears fell from chirppaws face as he walked onward eventually his paws sank into murky muddy water. Rearing back in surprise she froze. Beartooth padded up to his side this is croaking swamp. I’ll teach you how to hunt mice and a few frogs today. he meowed. Chirppaw hesitated a moment before shaking away his tears. I’m sorry for yelling beartooth. It was rude of me before he could continue beartooth cut him off forget it what’s said is said and what’s done is done. chirppaw wanted to say more but was harshly cut off as bear slammed his heavy paw down onto a frog. Got one down he meowed as he picked it up and put it down beside a tree. Chirppaws eyes glimmered slightly as he glanced around for anything to pounce on…then he saw it. A green frog…he practically stood out unfortunately. Creeping up behind it chirppaw pounced. Getting up with the frog clamped between his jaws he padded over and dropped his frog next to his mentors. I think it’s time you learned to catch mice. chirppaws ears twitched at the mention of catching something new. Oh? Are we sure I can catch a mouse? I’m so clumsy I bet they would be able to hear me from a mile away sir he meowed in response. I wish wasp paw was here… a caw from a crow sounded in the far distance. Ruffling his fur chirppaw frowned at the sudden chill. I hate having short fur I’m always cold! chirp meowed resentfully. It’s not my fault you have shirt fur consult your mother about that beartooth mused silently. Right so to… his voice trailed off as he saw chirppaw stalking a rather large crow who was pecking at the ground. With a leap chirppaw landed on the bird and swiftly killed it. Oh…alright then let’s head back he meowed as he picked up the two frogs and chirppaw picked up the bird.
@elaif

꧁༺ inside this place is warm, Outside it starts to pour ༻꧂

Last edited by Kass; September 13th, 2023 at 09:49 AM.
Old September 17th, 2023, 01:01 PM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Seedpaw was shovelling around in the swamps. It was really fun. And the smell of mud was nice.
Old September 21st, 2023, 09:30 AM

Bump Policy: Hiatus.

> THE GOLDEN PRINCE •°..
《 Mind Reader : Inactive | Chill of death : Inactive | Ultimate Predator : Inactive 》
|| he/bark* ||

* Dogskull is NOT out to anybody about his bark neos. Please only have your oc refer to Dogskull using he/him.

Dogskull sat there as he gave the apprentice a side eye for a moment. The tom had grown accustomed to getting snuck up on seeing how both Starrypaw and Mouse- Nono, Silverlark were masters at it. Dogskull stood up and signaled for the apprentice to follow him.

"Misbehave and I'll make sure Vulturefang gives you den cleaning duties for 2 moons."

Dogskull said as bark lead the apprentice to Croaking Swamp. The mud felt terrible under his paws but he'd have to live with it. The black and white tom turned to look at Yellowpaw.

"Do you know how to hunt?"

A new precaution Dogskull decided. Seeing how his sister,, Shadepaw, hadn't even gotten hunting training when barkself was more than half way done with his apprenticeship.

| @TheShoomy - Yellowpaw |
Old September 21st, 2023, 03:41 PM
Scuttling in the basement

Bump Policy: When the stars align (2 days, 1 if urgent)
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier. View Post

> THE GOLDEN PRINCE •°..
《 Mind Reader : Inactive | Chill of death : Inactive | Ultimate Predator : Inactive 》
|| he/bark* ||

* Dogskull is NOT out to anybody about his bark neos. Please only have your oc refer to Dogskull using he/him.

Dogskull sat there as he gave the apprentice a side eye for a moment. The tom had grown accustomed to getting snuck up on seeing how both Starrypaw and Mouse- Nono, Silverlark were masters at it. Dogskull stood up and signaled for the apprentice to follow him.

"Misbehave and I'll make sure Vulturefang gives you den cleaning duties for 2 moons."

Dogskull said as bark lead the apprentice to Croaking Swamp. The mud felt terrible under his paws but he'd have to live with it. The black and white tom turned to look at Yellowpaw.

"Do you know how to hunt?"

A new precaution Dogskull decided. Seeing how his sister,, Shadepaw, hadn't even gotten hunting training when barkself was more than half way done with his apprenticeship.

| @TheShoomy - Yellowpaw |
Yellowpaw
Shadowclan
Silver Tongue: Inactive | Shadow Fiend: ACTIVE

Yellowpaw listened to the warrior. "Jeez, who do you take me for? some guy who constantly breaks the rules because I can?" He actually did break the rules a lot, but only because it made living easier, and he barely ever actually got in trouble for it. Plus Dogface could live without knowing that."I have an idea of how to... I don't actually think I do, though." (DUDE YOU DO REALIZE PATROLS HAVE A TIME LIMIT RIGHT? IF THIS IS RUDE SRY)

"Tomatoes are in the same family as some of the world's deadliest poisons. That just goes to show how rebellious tomatoes are."
"What about how the apple can fall far from the tree?"
"No, sometimes the tomato falls from the plant."

Ɛ> Toyhouse <3
Tracker
[/COLOR]
Old September 26th, 2023, 02:25 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Silverlark |
Shadow Fiend - Active | Just a Scratch - Inactive | Beefed Up [Tier 2] - Active

In keeping up with his guard duties, the young, monochrome colored warrior patrolled the territory... or at least that had been the intention tonight. The full moon was bright upon the night sky, stars sparkling and shedding light even on the heavily forested forest floor. He had forsaken the gathering this time around, preferring to stay back. Most of the guards were enforcers, needed at the gathering in case ThunderClan decided to get ideas. As one of two guards who was not amongst ShadowClan's elite, the rounded eared tom took his job very seriously, more so when an interesting scent caught his attention.

Amidst the muck and mud that covered the swamp the further one got into it, there was another smell. A dangerous smell. One that would scream at any other cat to run away. To stay back. Danger and death awaited here. Which of course meant one thing. He had to check it out!

He still remembered Auntie Larky's warning of a badger roaming the forest, one that had been dispatched by both herself and Pip. Despite his wish to meet up with a badger himself and show off how him and Pip were still on even turf for most impressive kill - a badger was admittedly bigger than a fox, and just like Pip, Silverlark had help with his fox... kinda - even the normally happy go lucky warrior knew this was no badger. The scent was... feline. Yet somehow even wilder than anything he'd ever smelled before. It was almost enough to make his heavy, ShadowClan musk feel like nothing more than kittypet perfume.

Keeping to the shadows of the Croaking Swamp, he stepped lightly, making his presence as sparse as he could. Following the scent towards the intruder. Until at last... he found it. Large, pointed, tufted ears swiveled on its broad head, its yellow eyes menacing and murderous as it made its way through the muck. It was clear that this creature was not at home here, maybe just moving through? Or perhaps taking advantage of the dip in fox population for an easier time hunting now that leaffall was upon them. Whatever the case, one thing was clear. This creature was dangerous, and he would have to take care of it now.

Perhaps it was the slushing sound of the swamp's water what gave him away. Or the large ears that could no doubt hear everything. Whatever it was, the lynx's eyes met his own, and with a snarl, it leaped at him, its intentions clear. If Silverlark allowed himself to underestimate this creature - and who in their right mind would, this thing was huge - he would be what's for dinner. With no time to call for backup and not in the mood to risk guiding it back to an almost empty camp filled with mostly queens and kits, the young warrior stood his ground, crouching as he felt the creature's jaws snap at empty air before leaping to the air once more, his own teeth instantly finding the beast's throat, biting down with all the force he could muster.

He had no idea how he got so lucky. Perhaps StarClan had been looking down upon him and decided to grant him this one moment of safety, knowing he was only looking out for his clan. Or maybe the lynx had underestimated him, thinking him unable to fight back. Whichever the case, it struggled for a moment, coaxing the short furred warrior to raise his own forelegs, wrapping them tightly around the lynx's neck as he held on for dear life. Blood dripped down on his face, the tear on the creature's neck deepening the more it struggled until finally, with a desperate cry, its legs buckled underneath it, crashing down to the ground.

With his once white muzzle stained red, Silverlark squirmed underneath the creature, his fur covered in mud and blood. Rounded ears perked up suddenly as he heard it. The somber, yowling cry of another lynx carrying chillingly through the night. Could this lynx have been here with a family? It made sense, he supposed. With the huge fox family and badger taken care of, the predator niche had been left wide open for another to take over in their stead, and it seemed that ShadowClan might have more problems than just ThunderClan in the immediate future.

Looking down at the body of the lynx he'd just felled, a surge of pride burst through Silverlark's chest. Not only had he defended his clan, he'd done so by killing a lynx! A lynx! And without getting a single scratch in, too! Not only that, but this creature's pelt was beautiful, and he was willing to bet the skull would be impressive to boot! True, it would need some cleanup after the murky fight, but... surely this would be a way to soften the blow for Dawnstar? When he inevitably informed her that there were definitely more problems brewing for the clan once she returned from the gathering?

With a grin, the muscular warrior grabbed at the lynx's corpse, deciding to take it to a safer area to butcher. He wasn't about to stick around for the rest of the lynx family to get to him, but with leaffall already here... he was sure the leader wouldn't mind a lynx coat to line her nest with. And if she didn't need the coat? Well... maybe the skull would be another way to soften the news. Or hey, how about the claws? Might as well make sure he didn't waste any part of this beast. After all, how many normally made it through ShadowClan territory? Not much. Besides, maybe seeing this thing's claws and teeth would solidify just how much of a threat they might be to the clan if left unchecked.

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old September 28th, 2023, 11:58 PM

Bump Policy: Hiatus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoomy View Post
Yellowpaw
Shadowclan
Silver Tongue: Inactive | Shadow Fiend: ACTIVE

Yellowpaw listened to the warrior. "Jeez, who do you take me for? some guy who constantly breaks the rules because I can?" He actually did break the rules a lot, but only because it made living easier, and he barely ever actually got in trouble for it. Plus Dogface could live without knowing that."I have an idea of how to... I don't actually think I do, though." (DUDE YOU DO REALIZE PATROLS HAVE A TIME LIMIT RIGHT? IF THIS IS RUDE SRY)

> THE GOLDEN PRINCE •°..
|| he/bark* ||

"With the deputy telling me you usually sneak off I do think that."

Dogskull replied back to the apprentice's first question. Dogskull listened to Yellowpaw answer barks question. He did but he didn't. What a very helpful answer. Not.

"Show me what you know. Then I'll determine if you can hunt at least half decently."

Dogskull instructed.
Old September 29th, 2023, 07:18 PM
Scuttling in the basement

Bump Policy: When the stars align (2 days, 1 if urgent)
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier. View Post

> THE GOLDEN PRINCE •°..
|| he/bark* ||

"With the deputy telling me you usually sneak off I do think that."

Dogskull replied back to the apprentice's first question. Dogskull listened to Yellowpaw answer barks question. He did but he didn't. What a very helpful answer. Not.

"Show me what you know. Then I'll determine if you can hunt at least half decently."

Dogskull instructed.
Yellowpaw
Shadowclan
Silver Tongue: ACTIVE | Shadow Fiend: ACTIVE

Yellowpaw listened to the cat's words. Er.. I should probably tell you I have yet to do a lesson. But I'll try!" His eyes pointed around the area, searching for prey. after a small bit, he spotted a squirrel at the base of the tree. He got into a mostly accurate pouncing position, and looked at it.

He failed to realize he was upwind of the prey, but luckily it had not run away just yet. He slowly crawled over to it, stop ever so often because. (?) Finally, the tom pounced at it a minute to late, but he chased it a bit before it got away. Then it escaped from his grasp and ran up a tall tree. "Dang it." he said.

"Tomatoes are in the same family as some of the world's deadliest poisons. That just goes to show how rebellious tomatoes are."
"What about how the apple can fall far from the tree?"
"No, sometimes the tomato falls from the plant."

Ɛ> Toyhouse <3
Tracker
[/COLOR]
Old October 8th, 2023, 06:39 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Frigidmist walked around with displeasure plastered ontohl her face, opposite of Seedpaws expression. Seedpaw had managed to get a hunting lesson out of her, which she had finally agreed to.