Last post by Moonraven
Today 07:08 PM

Old June 11th, 2023, 09:12 PM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Whispering Wetlands

Firepaw

”Border patrol with stinky ShadowClan’s border…” Firepaw grumbled under her breath as they made their way to the border. Thankfully this time they weren’t going to the border shared with RiverClan, the smelled way too fishy for Firepaw’s taste, and she always left that border with a headache from the overwhelming stench.

Firepaw kept sending sidelong glances towards Ashclaw who walked alongside them, frowning each time she did. Milkpaw next to her was appeared to be so uncomfortable that even she felt like her ants were crawling along her skin, but she decided to remain silent. Whether that was due to some late-found maturity or if she just didn’t want to make things more difficult for Milkpaw and Pignut was unclear.

As they walked, Firepaw’s gaze was drawn to something shiny in the grass. ”Ouuh~” The young she-cat cooed as she suddenly bounced away from the group to see what new treasure she had found. Inspecting the shiny object closely, she determined it was a beetle. ”Hey, Milky~” she drawled ”I found a shiny beetle! I think this is the kind that Leafpaw liked, what do you thi-” Her sentence was cut off by the sound of a large screech. ”Son of a bat! What in StarClan’s name was…” She began, looking up to see a large bird flying towards her ”Oh.”

She didn’t have any time to run. Hearing Milkpaw call her name, she turned towards him with a sad smile and shook her head briefly before being bowled over and flipped onto her back. Even facing this danger, the orange tabby didn’t want anything to happen to her friend that she cared for oh so much. Hissing and spitting she attempted to fend off the eagle, but was largely unsuccessful due to not fully recovering from her near death while fleeing the fire not too long ago. ”Stay back Milkpaw!” she called out despite the pummeling she was receiving from it’s large wings. ’So it wasn’t the fire, but this stupid bird that will do me in…’ she thought bitterly as her strength began to wane.
[ @Ravensong @Queen_Coral @Wingnettle I apologize! I haven’t had internet for a week now, and this notification got buried]

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old June 14th, 2023, 09:54 AM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Busy

Ashclaw Perked as he heard a screech, All he wanted was to get the patrol done and get away from milkpaw and firepaw. The tom grumbled and turned only to see pignut run towards the apprentice to protect them. The guardian followed after hoping to get there to help. A worried look appeared ashe followed,that hawk, he silently growled

[ sorry for short post]

@Darkclaws @Wingnettle @Ravensong

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up
Old June 15th, 2023, 01:25 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

**Pignut**
@Queen_Coral @Darkclaws @Wingnettle

The flash of brown gave him little time to register, let alone act. As soon as he had pounced into a full sprint over the open grass, the eagle's form was covering his view to the apprentice. He hadn't been that far from the apprentice but suddenly it felt like he was a territory away, his paws unable to carry him forward fast enough as the scene unfolded in an instant but dragged out for moons. When he was finally within range, he pounced, his paws lifted from the ground as he aimed for the eagle's back twitching and rippling with the muscles of its flapping wings as its deadly talons snapped at its apprentice target. The spotted tom hit his mark, his claws digging into the stiff feathers of the bird's back and he felt it crumble beneath him. But as quickly as he'd gained the relief of tumbling the predatory bird off Firepaw, his blood ran cold as he hit the ground. He'd been thrown from the eagle as it tumbled forward away from Firepaw but now he was on the opposite side of the predator from Firepaw or any of the rest of the patrol. This was going to be up to him and Ashclaw, Where is Ashclaw? If he'd taken a moment, in reality, only a mere heartbeat had passed but the adrenaline was dragging every moment into a heart-racing eternity. He didn't wait for the eagle to decide what its next move would be before he clambered back to his paws and launched himself again. The eagle's brown wings were still wide and flapping as it struggled to regain its footing on the ground.

As Pignut's form collided with the eagle, it fell back in a tumble of spotted yellow fur and brown feathers. For a long heartbeat, Pignut grew confident that he had the upper paw. The bird was a jumble of flailing feathers beneath his claws and he felt the stiff feathers breaking beneath his attacks. But then the flailing turned pointed and in a sudden heart-dropping moment Pignut realized the eagle had been tumbling itself, flapping its wings frenziedly in an attempt to reposition its body. It was too late that Pignut realized he'd allowed the bird to flip itself around and get its deadly talons between him and its own body. He didn't feel the talons pierce his skin as much as he saw the flash of yellow and black and then suddenly he couldn't catch his breath. Time sped up but he stopped, fell behind; in a spectacular speed run of events, the talons that had pierced into his throat ripped away but the talons that had lodged into the front of one shoulder remained a tether between cat and bird. The heather grasses and blue sky and brown feathers and flinging blood created a blurred whirlpool across his tumbling vision as he was pulled and rolled forward with the eagle's attempt to escape. Suddenly, for a reason Pignut could not begin to explain as his conscious had narrowed to nothing beyond his own pelt. Everything fell eerily silent, his mouth gaped but no air moved through it. He couldn't rationalize whether he'd succeeded or failed in his goal to protect Firepaw. Had she already been too injured to recover? Was the eagle turning back to his patrolmates as he lay there dying? He willed his eyes to open but he realized they already were. The vision in his eyes was not the darkness of his eyelids but a light that he could make no forms or reason out of. He prayed that Ashclaw would do what needed to be done, protect the apprentices and get them all back to camp safely. And then he let his falling mind drift away from his patrolmates and back to his little grove on the border that he shared with Petalflight all those nights. He let himself live in that time, that place, for whatever brief moments he had left. Would she ever return to that place? Wonder what happened to him? Would she notice?

He let the darkness bleed through his vision and then everything else ceased. The blood pulsing from the gashed wound in his throat began to ebb and slow into an even trickle as his life drained away.

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old June 20th, 2023, 02:56 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

╭──────»»❀❀❀««──── ──╮
Milkpaw (he/him)
Windclan ❍ 15 moons
Creamy-white fluffy fur and green eyes. Chunky face!
╰──────»»❀❀❀««──── ──╯

Milkpaw was silently pleading Firepaw not to mention her missing sister's name when suddenly a terrible screech broke the sky.
Huge wings loomed over the group of cats, but when Milkpaw raised his gaze the sunlight prevented his eyes to focus on the huge bird diving toward Firepaw.

The cream-colored tom pushed her orange friend away just in time, and at the same moment, Pignut jumped in the way and glued himself with the flying beast in a mess of beaks, teeth, claws and talons. "Careful, Pignut!" He yowled in vain. Milkpaw wanted to leap in the fight and help his clanmates, but the two were rolling on the moor like sworn enemies fighting to death. He couldn't even distinguish Pignut's body from the eagle's.

He knew what he ought to do, but what about Ashclaw? There was no time. He would do this alone, and he knew he could do it. Blackscar told me. He showed me.
As Pignut rolled away, Milkpaw jumped in and sunk his claws into the eagle's back, trying his best to grasp his feathery neck with his tiny teeth. The eagle tried to wiggle out of Milkpaw's grip, but it had already been weakened by Pignut's hits and was now weakening slowly.

Suddenly, in a lightning speed, the eagle turned out and Milkpaw was thrown away by its back. The huge bird didn't waste any time and took flight, losing drops of blood in its way that stained the green grass under its shadow.
Milkpaw stopped to recover his breath and didn't move. He was still staring at the bird's silhouette in the distance, growing smaller by the moment.

He didn't notice the unmoving body that lay on the red-stained ground behind him.

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ⚘ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

[ @Queen_Coral @Ravensong @Darkclaws ]
Old June 21st, 2023, 02:12 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Firepaw

Firepaw, having been freed from the eagle’s talons watched on with horror at the fight that ensured afterward. Pignut was fending the eagle off and it appeared to be giving Pignut quite the beating, though he was fighting back. ”Careful!” Firepaw called all too late as she watched swipe at Pignut’s throat or face, though she couldn’t see the damage done from the angle she was standing.

Getting ready to jump back into the fight, she hesitated when she saw Milkpaw leap into the fray. ’I’d just get in the way’ she thought as she bitterly watched her friend help the older tom fight off the large bird of prey.

After the ordeal was over and the bird flew off, Firepaw rushed over to Milkpaw’s side worriedly and checked him for injuries. ”You’re not hurt are you?” She asked, fussing over his ruffled fur and the eagle’s blood drops that had managed to find it’s way onto his creamy pelt. After determining that the tom was fine, she backed up and glared at him ”I thought I told you to stay back,” she said crossly before her eyes were drawn to a growing pool of red blood at her paws. ’I didn’t miss anything right?’ she said, getting ready to look over Milkpaw once again before realizing that the puddle extended beyond Milkpaw and to the still body of Pignut.

”Oh Stars no!” She gasped as she hurried to the fallen warrior’s side. She had been so busy fussing over Milkpaw that she hadn’t realized that Pignut hadn’t gotten back to his paws. ”Hey Pignut… You’re okay right…?” Firepaw asked with a strained smile ”C’mon… don’t joke like this…” she nudged him with her nose only to feel that he had already grown stiff. It was then that she noticed the slash at his throat and that his chest no longer rose and fell with his breath. ’I killed him’ She immediately thought. She knew that she hadn’t been the perpetrator behind his death, and that he died trying to protect her, but in her eyes that was no better than killing him herself. Numbly turning towards her companions, the usually aloof apprentice had a look of shock on her face. ”Pignut is dead.” she informed them flatly ”I- It… This is all my fault,” she chocked out, unable to meet their eyes, her own turning toward her paws.

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here

Last edited by Dark; April 29th, 2024 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Dark found a formatting error
Old June 23rd, 2023, 09:45 AM
HIT EM W THE B B B BEAM!!

Bump Policy: Idrc anytime
My Mood: Spooky

CEDARPAW
24/100

Get the frog and leave. This was Cedarpaws only chance.

Cedarpaw quietly crouched over to the Shadowclans border, she was now on Shadowclan territory. She had to be careful.

Cedarpaw trotted around, Shadowclan territory was not so bad. She scanned the area for any frogs, she knew she had to get deeper into the territory. She went straight ahead, sniffing the area for any Shadowclan warriors.

(Open)

݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁|I do not support/share my character's Actions/emotions unless said otherwise.|. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁
Old June 23rd, 2023, 10:17 AM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
CEDARPAW
24/100

Cedarpaw quietly crouched over to the Shadowclans border, she was now on Shadowclan territory. She had to be careful.

Cedarpaw trotted around, Shadowclan territory was not so bad. She scanned the area for any frogs, she knew she had to get deeper into the territory. She went straight ahead, sniffing the area for any Shadowclan warriors.

(Open)
Larkfire
She/Her

"A bit far from home, aren't you?" Larkfire asked, narrowed amber hues fixated on the trespassing apprentice. Unsheathed claws digging into the ground, the youngest enforcer stepped closer, a frown evident on her maw. "I suggest you go back. Now. Or I'll rip your throat out." One warning was sufficient enough. If the WindClanner didn't turn back, Lark had no reason to wait before following through on her threat.

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.
Old June 23rd, 2023, 10:32 AM
HIT EM W THE B B B BEAM!!

Bump Policy: Idrc anytime
My Mood: Spooky

CEDARPAW
25/100

Cedarpaw froze, unable to move. Slit my throat? She was on Shadowclan territory, so this cat had every right. But they wouldn't have the heart to really do so. But this was Shadowclan... They force kits to become murderers and Warriors.

"I'm... Lost!" She nodded her head. She was Terrible at lying... but maybe this cat was terrible at telling if someone was lying? She unfroze for a second and gave a weak smile.

@Rose

݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁|I do not support/share my character's Actions/emotions unless said otherwise.|. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁
Old June 23rd, 2023, 11:02 AM
Vanity of Vanities

Status: Currently reading the New Prophecy series of Warrior Cats
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
CEDARPAW
24/100

(Open)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Larkfire
She/Her

"A bit far from home, aren't you?" Larkfire asked, narrowed amber hues fixated on the trespassing apprentice. Unsheathed claws digging into the ground, the youngest enforcer stepped closer, a frown evident on her maw. "I suggest you go back. Now. Or I'll rip your throat out." One warning was sufficient enough. If the WindClanner didn't turn back, Lark had no reason to wait before following through on her threat.
Shadefrost had been taking a leisurely stroll around the territory, letting his paws guide him since he really didn't care where he was going. He had nothing to do and seeing as how he hardly spent time outside of camp when he didn't need to, it seemed like a great idea for him to go exploring. He hadn't expected to end up at the Windclan border though, but there he was with a foul stench protruding into his nose. Suddenly, his hackles began to rise as his eyes contracted into tiny blue slits. Looks like Shade was going hunting. The warrior began to trot towards the source of the windclan scent, humming a happy melody while doing so. After a few moments he'd finally found it, though he hadn't expected to see an apprentice. Oh well that just meant his job would be easier. He moved to kill the young cat before stopping abruptly, due to an annoying yet familiar voice. Larkfire. Of course she would be here. Grumpily, Shadefrost sat down and looked towards the enforcer, whiskers twitching as he said, "why are you even giving the little brat a warning, you should just kill her and be done with it"

“Maybe I Should Just Kill All The Higher-Ups.” - Satoru Gojo

My Cats:
Shadefrost
SilverLightning

Sigpic Art by Rose Pfp from Demon Slayer

Last edited by Levi 99; June 23rd, 2023 at 11:04 AM.
Old June 23rd, 2023, 11:15 AM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
CEDARPAW
25/100

Cedarpaw froze, unable to move. Slit my throat? She was on Shadowclan territory, so this cat had every right. But they wouldn't have the heart to really do so. But this was Shadowclan... They force kits to become murderers and Warriors.

"I'm... Lost!" She nodded her head. She was Terrible at lying... but maybe this cat was terrible at telling if someone was lying? She unfroze for a second and gave a weak smile.

@Rose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi 99 View Post
Shadefrost had been taking a leisurely stroll around the territory, letting his paws guide him since he really didn't care where he was going. He had nothing to do and seeing as how he hardly spent time outside of camp when he didn't need to, it seemed like a great idea for him to go exploring. He hadn't expected to end up at the Windclan border though, but there he was with a foul stench protruding into his nose. Suddenly, his hackles began to rise as his eyes contracted into tiny blue slits. Looks like Shade was going hunting. The warrior began to trot towards the source of the windclan scent, humming a happy melody while doing so. After a few moments he'd finally found it, though he hadn't expected to see an apprentice. Oh well that just meant his job would be easier. He moved to kill the young cat before stopping abruptly, due to an annoying yet familiar voice. Larkfire. Of course she would be here. Grumpily, Shadefrost sat down and looked towards the enforcer, whiskers twitching as he said, "why are you even giving the little brat a warning, you should just kill her and be done with it"
Larkfire
She/Her

Casting Shadefrost an annoyed look was the most Larkfire was capable of. "Unlike you, I'd rather not risk bringing an angry mob of bunnies down on Dawnstar." She returned, tone portraying just how helpful she considered her denmate's words. But Larkfire didn't have time for poking the bear, not when there was a starsdamn idiot apprentice here. Wasn't this the whiny apprentice that'd put up all that commotion during that Gathering??

"Don't lie to me." Larkfire hissed, lips peeling back in a threatening snarl. She wasn't one for pleasantries, not right now. Not when everything in her world had been flipped upside down. As much as Lark would rather avoid slitting the WindClanner's words, she wouldn't hesitate, either.

"Follow me. Or I'll let him shred you like he did that outsider."
Cedarpaw was smart. She probably remembered watching that rogue die at Shadefrost's paw. Glancing briefly in Shadefrost's direction, Larkfire ordered him to follow her with a flick of her tail. One more threatening presence would probably make Cedarpaw think twice about fleeing. With that, the Enforcer set off, leading the way back towards Whispering Wetlands.

[ One more post from each of you, and then I'll have Lark drop Cedar off at the border o7 Otherwise, uh, I'll have to make her attack Cedar ]

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.