Last post by RamenThePigeon
Today 06:49 PM

Old October 22nd, 2017, 04:47 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Blue Wishes:. View Post

Goldenstar listened softly, “As much as I might hate to admit it, things probably won’t get better if you don’t speak about it.” He murmured, as he often kept in things he was troubled about in. “I wouldn’t say there’s something wrong with you!” He said quickly, as he didn’t think there was. Hearing Daypaw explain, he thought of what the she-cat could be experiencing. Shock? Trauma? It was probably shock, as he heard some cats could be in that for awhile, but still live normal lives. “Daypaw might give you a Poppy seed,” he shrugged, “But that might not help,” he murmured. “However, you could also just talk about it,” he added, after thinking for a moment. “You could talk to Daypaw, as I heard they can help with mental trauma,” he shrugged, “Or, you could just talk to me every couple of sunrises about your problems, and get them off your chest before we train,” he added, as it was just a suggestion. Sometimes he was good at therapy, other times he was the one that needed the therapy. However, he could do it, and for now, he just listened to Nightpaw, waiting to hear her response.
Nightpaw heaved a small sigh. She was afraid he might say something like that, that talking was the only way to help this. She wished that Daypaw could just give her a magic herb and the memories and dreams would go away. Still, even now, it felt just slightly better to know that Goldenstar knew what she was going through and wasn't judging her or calling her weak. "I think that could be ok," she meowed softly. What could it hurt to try after all? That's when she heard the faintest scuffling at the roots of a nearby tree and stopped, she spotted it as soon as she turned. A juicy-looking mouse was nibbling on an acorn, having not noticed the two cats. Nightpaw's mouth began to water, and she dropped into the best hunting crouch her natural instincts could muster. Not daring to take her eyes off the prey, she flicked an ear at Goldenstar to signal she was listening, and took her first, careful step forward.

Old October 22nd, 2017, 05:32 PM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Nightpaw heaved a small sigh. She was afraid he might say something like that, that talking was the only way to help this. She wished that Daypaw could just give her a magic herb and the memories and dreams would go away. Still, even now, it felt just slightly better to know that Goldenstar knew what she was going through and wasn't judging her or calling her weak. "I think that could be ok," she meowed softly. What could it hurt to try after all? That's when she heard the faintest scuffling at the roots of a nearby tree and stopped, she spotted it as soon as she turned. A juicy-looking mouse was nibbling on an acorn, having not noticed the two cats. Nightpaw's mouth began to water, and she dropped into the best hunting crouch her natural instincts could muster. Not daring to take her eyes off the prey, she flicked an ear at Goldenstar to signal she was listening, and took her first, careful step forward.
Goldenstar was quiet for the time being. “I’m sorry the only was has to be talking,” he shrugged, “Sometimes I wish it was different too,” he said softly. A few moments later, he scented a bit of mouse, and he saw Nightpaw almost seem to perk up. “Stay as still as you can,” he said softly, still hopefully out of earshot of the mouse. He padded slowly, closer to the small animal as well. He was prepared to catch it if Nightpaw didn’t, but, well, he doubted he would catch it to be honest. Well, he would just have to see. He watched every single movement now, trying not to miss anything, his bi-colored eyes scanning the terrain for anything he could find that might disturb the mouse.
Old October 22nd, 2017, 08:02 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Goldenstar was quiet for the time being. “I’m sorry the only was has to be talking,” he shrugged, “Sometimes I wish it was different too,” he said softly. A few moments later, he scented a bit of mouse, and he saw Nightpaw almost seem to perk up. “Stay as still as you can,” he said softly, still hopefully out of earshot of the mouse. He padded slowly, closer to the small animal as well. He was prepared to catch it if Nightpaw didn’t, but, well, he doubted he would catch it to be honest. Well, he would just have to see. He watched every single movement now, trying not to miss anything, his bi-colored eyes scanning the terrain for anything he could find that might disturb the mouse.
Stay as still as I can? Nightpaw tried to slow the wave of her tail, and still it. She crept toward the tiny creature, green eyes locked on it as it nibbled at the acorn shell, oblivious to the danger. She could scent it now, and her muscles were begging for her to spring even though it was still a fair distance off. Finally, she could stand it no longer and she charged. The mouse immediately ran for cover and darted under and exposed tree root. Nightpaw slammed into the root paw first and groped in the hollow space. She flung her paw back, sending a spray of clumped mud backwards, along with the mouse. It landed with a sickening thud on the ground and lay stunned, it's sides heaving and its legs twitching. It tried to stand but merely flopped and took another heaving breath.

Old October 23rd, 2017, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Stay as still as I can? Nightpaw tried to slow the wave of her tail, and still it. She crept toward the tiny creature, green eyes locked on it as it nibbled at the acorn shell, oblivious to the danger. She could scent it now, and her muscles were begging for her to spring even though it was still a fair distance off. Finally, she could stand it no longer and she charged. The mouse immediately ran for cover and darted under and exposed tree root. Nightpaw slammed into the root paw first and groped in the hollow space. She flung her paw back, sending a spray of clumped mud backwards, along with the mouse. It landed with a sickening thud on the ground and lay stunned, it's sides heaving and its legs twitching. It tried to stand but merely flopped and took another heaving breath.
Goldenstar waited quietly, trying to not say any of his internal thoughts aloud yet. Seeing how the mouse was in shock, he moved a little closer to the apprentince. He was behind the mouse, keeping it where it was for the time being. “All yours,” he murmured, shrugging. He was waiting for Nightpaw to attack it, or maybe just pounce on it. Well, he would have to see what she did. After a few moments, he spoke again. “You okay?” He asked, trying to not seem disappointed, as he wasn’t. He had seen a lot of apprentinces on their first attempt at hunting, his own included, and he couldn’t say that they were as...successful? Was that the word he was looking for? Either way, Nightpaw had done well for her first catch, staying where he was for the time being, waiting to see what would happen.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 07:17 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Goldenstar waited quietly, trying to not say any of his internal thoughts aloud yet. Seeing how the mouse was in shock, he moved a little closer to the apprentince. He was behind the mouse, keeping it where it was for the time being. “All yours,” he murmured, shrugging. He was waiting for Nightpaw to attack it, or maybe just pounce on it. Well, he would have to see what she did. After a few moments, he spoke again. “You okay?” He asked, trying to not seem disappointed, as he wasn’t. He had seen a lot of apprentinces on their first attempt at hunting, his own included, and he couldn’t say that they were as...successful? Was that the word he was looking for? Either way, Nightpaw had done well for her first catch, staying where he was for the time being, waiting to see what would happen.
Nightpaw emerged from her light digging with a sprinkle of dirt on her nose. She shook herself vigorously and padded over toward where the mouse had landed. She pawed at it curiously as it laid there, but then remembered what Goldenstar had said about giving thanks to Starclan for each life and it dawned on her the playing with her half-dead prey was likely not the best way to show her gratitude for its life. She knelt down and nipped it on the neck, it squeaked in pain, and she nipped it again, this time closer to its throat, and it went still. She sat on her haunches, facing her mentor. "I caught it, but it wasn't exactly pretty," she said with a good-natured mrrow. "Anything I should do different next time?" she asked.

Old October 23rd, 2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Nightpaw emerged from her light digging with a sprinkle of dirt on her nose. She shook herself vigorously and padded over toward where the mouse had landed. She pawed at it curiously as it laid there, but then remembered what Goldenstar had said about giving thanks to Starclan for each life and it dawned on her the playing with her half-dead prey was likely not the best way to show her gratitude for its life. She knelt down and nipped it on the neck, it squeaked in pain, and she nipped it again, this time closer to its throat, and it went still. She sat on her haunches, facing her mentor. "I caught it, but it wasn't exactly pretty," she said with a good-natured mrrow. "Anything I should do different next time?" she asked.
Goldenstar watched Nightpaw quietly. It was easier to make the catch when the animal was stunned, which he was thankful for, since, well, it was only Nightpaw’s first time hunting, as far as he knew. Once the mouse was dead, he nodded in a bit of excitement, but also in a bit of a approval, in a weird way. “Try to pounce on the prey, instead of running,” he started off, thinking about what the apprentince had done. “You’re better off catching the prey then,” he said, smiling. He didn’t really know what else to do, unable to register what exactly to critique the she-Cat on. “You did awesome for your first time!” He said, smiling, his eyes lit up.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 10:12 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Goldenstar watched Nightpaw quietly. It was easier to make the catch when the animal was stunned, which he was thankful for, since, well, it was only Nightpaw’s first time hunting, as far as he knew. Once the mouse was dead, he nodded in a bit of excitement, but also in a bit of a approval, in a weird way. “Try to pounce on the prey, instead of running,” he started off, thinking about what the apprentince had done. “You’re better off catching the prey then,” he said, smiling. He didn’t really know what else to do, unable to register what exactly to critique the she-Cat on. “You did awesome for your first time!” He said, smiling, his eyes lit up.
Nightpaw listened to Goldenstar carefully nodding as he spoke. "Pounce instead of run," she repeated softly, trying to commit this advice to memory. At Goldenstar's praise, Nightpaw's eyes shone with pride, and she looked and felt more like the cat she had been before the nightmares started. And what's more, she was beginning to regain hope that something could be done about that. Perhaps just talking could help. At least then, she wouldn't be going through it alone. "Thank you, Goldenstar. Thanks for everything," she added, hoping he knew what she meant. She'd talked about scary things enough for one day.

Old October 24th, 2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Nightpaw listened to Goldenstar carefully nodding as he spoke. "Pounce instead of run," she repeated softly, trying to commit this advice to memory. At Goldenstar's praise, Nightpaw's eyes shone with pride, and she looked and felt more like the cat she had been before the nightmares started. And what's more, she was beginning to regain hope that something could be done about that. Perhaps just talking could help. At least then, she wouldn't be going through it alone. "Thank you, Goldenstar. Thanks for everything," she added, hoping he knew what she meant. She'd talked about scary things enough for one day.
Goldenstar listened quietly, smiling the whole time. “It’s nothing,” he admitted, “Just remember I’m here for you Nightpaw, no matter what,” he said happily. “Now, let’s get you back to camp so you can relax, you deserve it,” he finished, picking up his lizard in his mouth. The tang of dust filled his mouth, almost making him want to gag, but he pushed past it, calming down for the time being, waiting for the apprentince now.
Old October 24th, 2017, 07:58 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Goldenstar listened quietly, smiling the whole time. “It’s nothing,” he admitted, “Just remember I’m here for you Nightpaw, no matter what,” he said happily. “Now, let’s get you back to camp so you can relax, you deserve it,” he finished, picking up his lizard in his mouth. The tang of dust filled his mouth, almost making him want to gag, but he pushed past it, calming down for the time being, waiting for the apprentince now.
Nightpaw picked up the mouse in her mouth, and trotted after Goldenstar. Pride lightened her steps as the two of them made their way back to camp, her very first contributions to the freshkill pile in their jaws. Today had been a good day. She could only hope the night would be as kind.

(I'd say that's a good wrap up. Thanks for an awesome RP, Blue!)

Last edited by Charmer; October 24th, 2017 at 07:59 PM.
Old October 24th, 2017, 11:33 PM
Dreamcatcher

My Mood: In Love

//Hello there, I'm new so I guess it's okay to just jump in as a character? Not entirely sure how this works. ;w;