Last post by Luminous
Today 04:24 AM

Old September 3rd, 2017, 02:42 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

[ @Role @Socks @SparkleDemon @Charmer ]

Sprucefur spotted the dry land and bolted, spraying mud in his wake. His usually soft, dry, brown fur was caked in dried mud, only a few shades darker. The mud on his paws, though, was wet, very noticeable. He didn't care, though. He had, at this point, grown sick of the mud and yearned for dry land. He raced to it, relishing the feeling of hard, dry ground beneath his paws. With an audible sigh, he lay on the hill. He scanned the surroundings, noting the lack of hills and wet, boggy land. Though most of it was blocked by the overabundance of pine trees. "Mud... Pines... Water... No prey," Sprucefur spoke. "Told you."

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old September 3rd, 2017, 03:46 PM
Foot Wallet

Bump Policy: After a day
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post

Rosebelly felt a pick of resentment. Morningblue was acting as if he were patrol leader. Rosebelly sped up her walking, and joined Morningblue at the top. Rosebelly frowned and watched the apprentices with a calm gaze.

Dirtpaw nudged the two apprentices. "Look! Morningblue says there's a dry spot on the hill!" Dirtpaw raced ahead, her paws slightly slipping in the mud. All annoyances forgotten, Dirtpaw pranced around on the drier ground. It felt so nice on her wet paws!

(Sorry its short)

@Socks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@SparkleDemon @Aura

"If there's any prey to be found here, it will be wherever the ground is highest. Anything here would have been flushed out of it's burrow or drowned." Morningblue joined Rosebelly on the rise where the ground sloped upward. His paws still sank into the mud here, but not nearly as deep. "Let's climb higher," Morningblue said softly, "And keep your voices low. We don't want to scare off what little we might find." Morningblue moved ahead of Rosebelly and made it to the top of the hill, looking down on the rest of the patrol as he waited for them to follow suit. "It's more dry up here," he said to the apprentices in a small attempt at offering assurance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura View Post

[ @Role @Socks @SparkleDemon @Charmer ]

Sprucefur spotted the dry land and bolted, spraying mud in his wake. His usually soft, dry, brown fur was caked in dried mud, only a few shades darker. The mud on his paws, though, was wet, very noticeable. He didn't care, though. He had, at this point, grown sick of the mud and yearned for dry land. He raced to it, relishing the feeling of hard, dry ground beneath his paws. With an audible sigh, he lay on the hill. He scanned the surroundings, noting the lack of hills and wet, boggy land. Though most of it was blocked by the overabundance of pine trees. "Mud... Pines... Water... No prey," Sprucefur spoke. "Told you."
Warblerpaw was quick to pull herself up onto the dry land, flexing her claws into the hard earth and silently sighing happily. Despite hearing Sprucefur comment on no prey, she walked across the dry land with her jaws open to breathe in the scents of the forest. She lowered her head to the earth and smelt something. She dragged her claws across the ground and moved the dirt, she continued to do this before she thrust her jaws into the shallow hole and pulled out a dirt-covered prey bone. As soon as she brought it out of the earth she spat it onto the ground. "Blegh! Only bones." She glared angrily at the ground, devastated she isn't able to provide for her clan.

Ferretpaw padded up the rise slower, checking the earth for any prey burrows which she could possibly wait outside. She was determined to bring back something to her clan, even if it was the smallest scrap of food she needed something in order to not feel totally useless to the clan. Finally climbing up next to the older cats, she instantly fell onto her side with a sigh, beginning to wash the mud off her paws.

You can contact me on discord (sock.puppet.man) if you wanna talk
I appreciate tone tags, sorry if I'm a little awkward.

my pfp is from the 1987 tmnt animated series

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; March 5th, 2018 at 10:46 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2017, 03:53 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks View Post
Warblerpaw was quick to pull herself up onto the dry land, flexing her claws into the hard earth and silently sighing happily. Despite hearing Sprucefur comment on no prey, she walked across the dry land with her jaws open to breathe in the scents of the forest. She lowered her head to the earth and smelt something. She dragged her claws across the ground and moved the dirt, she continued to do this before she thrust her jaws into the shallow hole and pulled out a dirt-covered prey bone. As soon as she brought it out of the earth she spat it onto the ground. "Blegh! Only bones." She glared angrily at the ground, devastated she isn't able to provide for her clan.

Ferretpaw padded up the rise slower, checking the earth for any prey burrows which she could possibly wait outside. She was determined to bring back something to her clan, even if it was the smallest scrap of food she needed something in order to not feel totally useless to the clan. Finally climbing up next to the older cats, she instantly fell onto her side with a sigh, beginning to wash the mud off her paws.
Dirtpaw nudged Warblerpaw. "Cheer up," she encouraged. "We might find something." Dirtpaw glanced at Ferretpaw. "You too. You two need perk up some," she stated. Though, she doubted her own words, she wanted to make the two other patrol members happy.

(Sorry it's short)
Old September 3rd, 2017, 04:05 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Picking his ears, Sprucefur caught movement in the empty bog. "Sh, I see something," he spoke to the patrol, motioning them to follow. He crept down the other side of the hill, back, much to his disgust, into the mud. He silently stalked a spot of mud where he had seen the movement. He pounced, pinning down... a cat?

Sharppaw groaned, looking up at the cat pinning him. "Get off me you fox-dung!" he hissed, then lowered his head. He passed out, his fur caked in mud.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]

Old September 3rd, 2017, 06:55 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:

Quote:

Dirtpaw nudged Warblerpaw. "Cheer up," she encouraged. "We might find something." Dirtpaw glanced at Ferretpaw. "You too. You two need perk up some," she stated. Though, she doubted her own words, she wanted to make the two other patrol members happy.

(Sorry it's short)
Quote:

Picking his ears, Sprucefur caught movement in the empty bog. "Sh, I see something," he spoke to the patrol, motioning them to follow. He crept down the other side of the hill, back, much to his disgust, into the mud. He silently stalked a spot of mud where he had seen the movement. He pounced, pinning down... a cat?

Sharppaw groaned, looking up at the cat pinning him. "Get off me you fox-dung!" he hissed, then lowered his head. He passed out, his fur caked in mud.
@SparkleDemon
@

Morninblue perked up his ears and followed at a distance behind Sprucefur. He hadn't seen any movement and doubted there would be anything back down here in the marsh. When Sprucefur pounce, for a moment, he stiffened, excitement and hope igniting that perhaps they'd have something to bring back. He was perturbed to hear the prey call Sprucefur a fox dung. A cat? A Shadowclan cat!? Morningblue loped forward, the mud sinking up to his joints as he looked at the mudcaked cat. It was a little hard to tell underneath all the mud, but there was Shadowclan scent on it alright, and about the size of an apprentice. Morningblue lunged forward and seized the smaller cat by the scruff, concerned he would sink into the mud and drown. Whoever this cat was, he had lost consciousness, but seemed to still be breathing. The powerful, grey tom dragged the apprentice back up the slop and set him down where the ground was more solid.

Old September 3rd, 2017, 07:06 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Quote:

Quote:
@SparkleDemon
@

Morninblue perked up his ears and followed at a distance behind Sprucefur. He hadn't seen any movement and doubted there would be anything back down here in the marsh. When Sprucefur pounce, for a moment, he stiffened, excitement and hope igniting that perhaps they'd have something to bring back. He was perturbed to hear the prey call Sprucefur a fox dung. A cat? A Shadowclan cat!? Morningblue loped forward, the mud sinking up to his joints as he looked at the mudcaked cat. It was a little hard to tell underneath all the mud, but there was Shadowclan scent on it alright, and about the size of an apprentice. Morningblue lunged forward and seized the smaller cat by the scruff, concerned he would sink into the mud and drown. Whoever this cat was, he had lost consciousness, but seemed to still be breathing. The powerful, grey tom dragged the apprentice back up the slop and set him down where the ground was more solid.
Rosebelly froze as Sprucefur leaped. She too had saw the movement, but didn't get a chance to agree. Rosebelly crept forward until she spotted the apprentice. This cat reeked of ShadowClan. Rosebelly felt ice run through her veins. Surely an apprentice wouldn't come alone. There must be a patrol close by. Her nostrils flared as she attempted to scent a patrol.

Dirtpaw watched the scene go down, and raced to the apprentice and warriors. "What happened? Who's this?" "Quiet!" Rosebelly fixed Dirtpaw with a stern look. "There may be patrols around. Either this apprentice snuck away, or it's not alone." Dirtpaw clamped her jaws shut and sniffed the apprentice. The apprentice was knocked out completely. Dirtpaw frowned. Why was there an apprentice here?

Old September 3rd, 2017, 09:10 PM
Foot Wallet

Bump Policy: After a day
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:

Rosebelly froze as Sprucefur leaped. She too had saw the movement, but didn't get a chance to agree. Rosebelly crept forward until she spotted the apprentice. This cat reeked of ShadowClan. Rosebelly felt ice run through her veins. Surely an apprentice wouldn't come alone. There must be a patrol close by. Her nostrils flared as she attempted to scent a patrol.

Dirtpaw watched the scene go down, and raced to the apprentice and warriors. "What happened? Who's this?" "Quiet!" Rosebelly fixed Dirtpaw with a stern look. "There may be patrols around. Either this apprentice snuck away, or it's not alone." Dirtpaw clamped her jaws shut and sniffed the apprentice. The apprentice was knocked out completely. Dirtpaw frowned. Why was there an apprentice here?
Quote:
@SparkleDemon
@

Quote:

The two sisters had watched the ordeal from the top of the rise in order to not get in the way, but when Ferretpaw saw Morningblue pulling an apprentice up the rise, she gave her sister a quick prod to the side before leaping down to the others, Warblerpaw coming moments later. The two leaned forward and sniffed the young cat to find he had ShadowClan reek, though they each voiced different concerns.

"Is he alright?" Warblerpaw murmured, looking up at the Warriors. She had never seen or scented this cat before but she couldn't help but sympathize for the fellow apprentice. She knew that by the warrior code, they'd never kill another clan cat, but they didn't have to help this apprentice either.

"What if it's some sort of planned attack." Ferretpaw hissed lowly, head swirling around and searching for any sign of a ShadowClan patrol. Even if they weren't on their territory they still wouldn't be happy to see a hunting patrol this far past the borders, this definitely wasn't a mistake and it was clear.

You can contact me on discord (sock.puppet.man) if you wanna talk
I appreciate tone tags, sorry if I'm a little awkward.

my pfp is from the 1987 tmnt animated series

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; March 5th, 2018 at 10:47 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2017, 09:15 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Quote:
The two sisters had watched the ordeal from the top of the rise in order to not get in the way, but when Ferretpaw saw Morningblue pulling an apprentice up the rise, she gave her sister a quick prod to the side before leaping down to the others, Warblerpaw coming moments later. The two leaned forward and sniffed the young cat to find he had ShadowClan reek, though they each voiced different concerns.

"Is he alright?" Warblerpaw murmured, looking up at the Warriors. She had never seen or scented this cat before but she couldn't help but sympathize for the fellow apprentice. She knew that by the warrior code, they'd never kill another clan cat, but they didn't have to help this apprentice either.

"What if it's some sort of planned attack." Ferretpaw hissed lowly, head swirling around and searching for any sign of a ShadowClan patrol. Even if they weren't on their territory they still wouldn't be happy to see a hunting patrol this far past the borders, this definitely wasn't a mistake and it was clear.
Rosebelly frowned. "I'm not sure, Warblerpaw," she answered quietly. "He's breathing still, though." The ginger cat glanced at Ferretpaw. Her own concerns were voiced by this apprentice. "Surely they couldn't have known we were coming, right, Rosebelly?" Dirtpaw stared up at Rosebelly with wide, hopeful eyes. "I don't know. Stay on guard," she murmured.

(Sorry it's short!)
Old September 4th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:

Quote:

Rosebelly frowned. "I'm not sure, Warblerpaw," she answered quietly. "He's breathing still, though." The ginger cat glanced at Ferretpaw. Her own concerns were voiced by this apprentice. "Surely they couldn't have known we were coming, right, Rosebelly?" Dirtpaw stared up at Rosebelly with wide, hopeful eyes. "I don't know. Stay on guard," she murmured.

(Sorry it's short!)
@Aura
@SparkleDemon

Morningblue sniffed the air, but it was hard for him to scent anything over the boggy, wet smell and the crowfood. He turned his attention to the apprentice. He was indeed breathing, but that was about all he could say for certain. He was no medicine cat. One thing he did know was that the patrol had not time to sit here with a random, unconscious Shadowclan cat. There were elders and kits to feed back in Thunderclan, including his pregnant sister. Morningblue lifted a paw and unsheathed his claws, placing it carefully on the cleanest patch of fur he could see. "Wake up," he said simply, and pressed his paw down with just enough pressure to pick the apprentice without drawing blood or wounding him.

Old September 4th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Quote:
@Aura
@SparkleDemon

Morningblue sniffed the air, but it was hard for him to scent anything over the boggy, wet smell and the crowfood. He turned his attention to the apprentice. He was indeed breathing, but that was about all he could say for certain. He was no medicine cat. One thing he did know was that the patrol had not time to sit here with a random, unconscious Shadowclan cat. There were elders and kits to feed back in Thunderclan, including his pregnant sister. Morningblue lifted a paw and unsheathed his claws, placing it carefully on the cleanest patch of fur he could see. "Wake up," he said simply, and pressed his paw down with just enough pressure to pick the apprentice without drawing blood or wounding him.
"Stand down, Morningblue," she ordered calmly. "This apprentice might've gotten seriously hurt." The ginger she-cat tipped her head. The apprentice was definately knocked out. Mud had caked his fur, making what used to be another color, brown. Rosebelly frowned. Perhaps this poor apprentice traveled a little too far from home. Rosebelly looked out into the distance, scanning the area for any signs of patrols. It seemed like he was alone. However, Rosebelly knew the typical ShadowClan cat had dark fur that blended in with then environment.

@Socks
@SparkleDemon
@Aura