Where talons meet trees [P]
by Daragca
Last post by Myling
Today 07:58 AM
RiverClan Evacuation...
Last post by constellation
Today 07:53 AM

Old October 3rd, 2022, 06:58 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: Cattail Pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritedWarrior View Post
Littlepaw sighed with relief as she heard that Slatestripe was fine, but she was still concerned about his jaw due to it making contact with the hard forest floor. She doubted he wanted to go to the medicine den after just getting out a few days ago. But it was still better to be safe than sorry, Fawnpaw would be able to handle a sore jaw.

"At least you're alright, but I think you should go to Fawnpaw, just in case. You don't want a sore jaw when leaf-bare is around the corner," she pointed out, flicking the tip of her tail as she observed her friend's jaw. shortly after she said this, the tom moved on, complimenting the cream tabby. "Oh- um, thanks. Not bad yourself. What now?"

For a moment, she had forgotten she raced her Clanmate to Cattail Pond. Were they already there? Littlepaw took a look around, finding that she was in fact at Cattail Pond with Slatestripe. The race went faster than I expected...

Slatestripe shook his head stubbornly. “I don’t want to see Fawnpaw,” he said. “She means well and I believe in time she’ll be a good medicine cat. But as of right now, she doesn’t have enough skill. I doubt she’d be able to do much for me.”

Thinking of Fawnpaw reminded him of Marigoldleap. He wondered what Littlepaw thought about Pikestar bringing in a former ShadowClan cat. Would she see it favorably? Would Slatestripe earn her ire for not liking the decision?

He decided to find out. He sat down and wrapped his tail around his paws. Perhaps this could even be a good learning opportunity for the older apprentice. “What do you think of Pikestar’s decision to let Marigoldleap into the Clan?” he questioned.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old October 6th, 2022, 09:55 AM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry~ View Post

Slatestripe shook his head stubbornly. “I don’t want to see Fawnpaw,” he said. “She means well and I believe in time she’ll be a good medicine cat. But as of right now, she doesn’t have enough skill. I doubt she’d be able to do much for me.”

Thinking of Fawnpaw reminded him of Marigoldleap. He wondered what Littlepaw thought about Pikestar bringing in a former ShadowClan cat. Would she see it favorably? Would Slatestripe earn her ire for not liking the decision?

He decided to find out. He sat down and wrapped his tail around his paws. Perhaps this could even be a good learning opportunity for the older apprentice. “What do you think of Pikestar’s decision to let Marigoldleap into the Clan?” he questioned.
//Sorry this is so late!

Littlepaw let out a defeated huff. She clearly wasn't going to go anywhere with Slatestripe if he refused to go to Fawnpaw for a much more minor issue than she has seen with their other Clanmates. He did have a point in regards to how much she knew though.

"Fine, but if your jaw aches during the freezing cold nights, I'll say I told you so!" she purred in a joking manner as Slatestripe sat down and placed his tail over his paws. The cream tabby she-cat did the same, thinking it could keep her toes from freezing off.

"I don't really mind Pikestar's decision. Although... Marigoldleap was a medicine cat for ShadowClan. I don't exactly trust ShadowClanners, but if Pikestar's willing to give Marigoldleap a chance, then so am I," she puffed out what little chest fur she had in confidence and pride in their leader's choice. "What do you think of her?"
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old October 6th, 2022, 01:21 PM

Quote:
//Sorry this is so late!

Littlepaw let out a defeated huff. She clearly wasn't going to go anywhere with Slatestripe if he refused to go to Fawnpaw for a much more minor issue than she has seen with their other Clanmates. He did have a point in regards to how much she knew though.

"Fine, but if your jaw aches during the freezing cold nights, I'll say I told you so!" she purred in a joking manner as Slatestripe sat down and placed his tail over his paws. The cream tabby she-cat did the same, thinking it could keep her toes from freezing off.

"I don't really mind Pikestar's decision. Although... Marigoldleap was a medicine cat for ShadowClan. I don't exactly trust ShadowClanners, but if Pikestar's willing to give Marigoldleap a chance, then so am I," she puffed out what little chest fur she had in confidence and pride in their leader's choice. "What do you think of her?"

Slatestripe shook his head at her teasing. He was sure he’d be fine. Maybe his jaw would ache for a day or two, but after that it would be fine. She worried too much!

He listened to her thoughts on Marigoldleap. When she asked for his own feelings on the matter, he said, “I don’t like it. I don’t think Pikestar should let a former ShadowClan cat get so close to our only medicine cat so quickly. Fawnpaw has been through so much these past few moons. She doesn’t need the threat of some foreign agent on her toes. It would be just like Dawnstar to send someone like Marigoldleap to spy on us. Gain our trust, and then backstab us.”

His voice grew harsher the more he spoke about her. The two cats he distrusted the most in the Clan right now were Marigoldleap and Hawkpaw. He didn’t like how Pikestar was just treating them like they could and should be trusted right from the start. They should have to earn the trust of their new Clanmates.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old October 6th, 2022, 08:59 PM
Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey

Bump Policy: 4 days :D
My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique View Post
Branchflight
━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━
Male[he/him]

Wanting to take a long walk on his own the tom knew the dangers, but he had been an outsider for very long he knew how to deal with them. If they showed up he was going to make sure they never step foot here again. Not when Sundrop and their kits were here. If anything happened to them every outsider will regret messing with the clans.

Branchflight pushed down those thoughts. Nothing would happen to them. He just knew it. Moving along he made his way over to cattail pond. He had never completely learned how to fish properly. He did have his own way of doing it. The warrior sat down and peered into the water. A fish swam by. He was going t catch one for his kits. Sure it wouldn't make up for his absence, but he hoped it would be a good start.

┌─────── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ───────┐
@Dirtfur;
└─────── °∘∘♡∘∘° ───────┘
The warrior trotted down a rough path, checking out the scenery. It was a good place to bring someone to and then leave them, and with a bonus -Cricketsting squealed a giggle- he could jump at them when they got near to the camp. It sounded too mean and scary, though. So if it would be any cat, it must be a warrior… or an older apprentice.

A flash of fur made the cream tom jump and spinned in mid-air, landing on his stomach. Branchflight was in front of him, a few fox-tail lengths away. He seemed to be busy hunting for fish in the water. Cricketsting waited, thinking up a prank to pull on the unsuspecting warrior.

Char Site updated (10/11/22), added Blazingpaw and Goldenkit!

During most or few roleplays, I will do a flashback that was conjured in my characters' thoughts. Please do not respond to the flashback unless you have the power to read minds or smth.

No no word
Old October 7th, 2022, 07:59 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Quote:

Slatestripe shook his head at her teasing. He was sure he’d be fine. Maybe his jaw would ache for a day or two, but after that it would be fine. She worried too much!

He listened to her thoughts on Marigoldleap. When she asked for his own feelings on the matter, he said, “I don’t like it. I don’t think Pikestar should let a former ShadowClan cat get so close to our only medicine cat so quickly. Fawnpaw has been through so much these past few moons. She doesn’t need the threat of some foreign agent on her toes. It would be just like Dawnstar to send someone like Marigoldleap to spy on us. Gain our trust, and then backstab us.”

His voice grew harsher the more he spoke about her. The two cats he distrusted the most in the Clan right now were Marigoldleap and Hawkpaw. He didn’t like how Pikestar was just treating them like they could and should be trusted right from the start. They should have to earn the trust of their new Clanmates.
It was understandable how Slatestripe felt about Marigoldleap. To be quite honest, it was a bit of a stretch in regards to trusting a former ShadowClanner with herbs and being around Fawnpaw, but Marigoldleap seemed to be nice... so far. It was a little difficult to see that the ex-ShadowClanner could be trusted, but Littlepaw was willing to give her a chance.

"I'm sure if Marigoldleap does something wrong, Pikestar would know about it immediately and handle the matter as soon as he could. He handled the matter concerning Rootstripe very quick," she pointed out with a shrug of her shoulders. "He and Fawnpaw are very close, I'm positive Pikestar would exile Marigoldleap if something happened."

"And don't forget- Fawnpaw is guarded by two shields and the rest of RiverClan because of that rogue running around, so if Marigoldleap tried to harm Fawnpaw, we'd all protect her."

Slatestripe clearly had a deep dislike of ShadowClan, which she could understand. The tom had seen more of ShadowClan's wrath than her, so she had to change the subject somehow to avoid the risk of her friend getting angry.

"Do... you want to hunt before we head back?" Littlepaw looked at the pond, with leaf-bare approaching, it would be a good idea to hunt as much as they could before the snow comes and prey is scarce. Course, they didn't have to hunt if Slatestripe didn't want to.
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Old October 7th, 2022, 08:41 PM

Quote:
It was understandable how Slatestripe felt about Marigoldleap. To be quite honest, it was a bit of a stretch in regards to trusting a former ShadowClanner with herbs and being around Fawnpaw, but Marigoldleap seemed to be nice... so far. It was a little difficult to see that the ex-ShadowClanner could be trusted, but Littlepaw was willing to give her a chance.

"I'm sure if Marigoldleap does something wrong, Pikestar would know about it immediately and handle the matter as soon as he could. He handled the matter concerning Rootstripe very quick," she pointed out with a shrug of her shoulders. "He and Fawnpaw are very close, I'm positive Pikestar would exile Marigoldleap if something happened."

"And don't forget- Fawnpaw is guarded by two shields and the rest of RiverClan because of that rogue running around, so if Marigoldleap tried to harm Fawnpaw, we'd all protect her."

Slatestripe clearly had a deep dislike of ShadowClan, which she could understand. The tom had seen more of ShadowClan's wrath than her, so she had to change the subject somehow to avoid the risk of her friend getting angry.

"Do... you want to hunt before we head back?" Littlepaw looked at the pond, with leaf-bare approaching, it would be a good idea to hunt as much as they could before the snow comes and prey is scarce. Course, they didn't have to hunt if Slatestripe didn't want to.

Slatestripe tried to calm himself as Littlepaw spoke. It wasn’t easy; the thought of the other Clans made his fur stand on end, but it made his blood boil when he thought of ShadowClan. Dawnstar had been their leader for two season-cycles now; she had to be getting down on her lives. A cat as violent as her probably threw them away like bugs. It was a miracle she was even still alive.

But would Cinderblaze be any better? Dawnstar probably chose a deputy who was just as vile and bloodthirsty as she. Slatestripe shuddered as he thought of RiverClan ever getting invaded by their dark neighbors.

He nodded as Littlepaw spoke of Fawnpaw’s close guards. “I’m not worried about her being attacked. I’m worried that Marigoldleap will take advantage of her need to get information out of her. What if Dawnstar wants to know how weak we are, so they can take advantage of that? This is the time of the season-cycle when other Clans want more territory the most.”

He glanced out across the darkened pond. “Nighttime fishing will be hard now. Given that it’s gotten chillier at night, the fish will be low in the pond. We can try land hunting, if you want.”
Old October 8th, 2022, 10:03 AM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Quote:

Slatestripe tried to calm himself as Littlepaw spoke. It wasn’t easy; the thought of the other Clans made his fur stand on end, but it made his blood boil when he thought of ShadowClan. Dawnstar had been their leader for two season-cycles now; she had to be getting down on her lives. A cat as violent as her probably threw them away like bugs. It was a miracle she was even still alive.

But would Cinderblaze be any better? Dawnstar probably chose a deputy who was just as vile and bloodthirsty as she. Slatestripe shuddered as he thought of RiverClan ever getting invaded by their dark neighbors.

He nodded as Littlepaw spoke of Fawnpaw’s close guards. “I’m not worried about her being attacked. I’m worried that Marigoldleap will take advantage of her need to get information out of her. What if Dawnstar wants to know how weak we are, so they can take advantage of that? This is the time of the season-cycle when other Clans want more territory the most.”

He glanced out across the darkened pond. “Nighttime fishing will be hard now. Given that it’s gotten chillier at night, the fish will be low in the pond. We can try land hunting, if you want.”
At least Slatestripe wasn't worried about Fawnpaw getting attacked, though it could be a possibility if the entire Clan wasn't around. In any case, she was glad Pikestar was thinking ahead and giving the young medicine cat protection when she needed it the most. But yes... Slatestripe did have a point. If Marigoldleap did try to pry information from Fawnpaw, it could cause some problems for both ShadowClan and RiverClan. But moving on to the topic of hunting. It did seem to be a lot darker than when they had arrived.

"Um... n-no thanks," she shook her head then looked down at her paws. "I don't want either of us to freeze."

Her toes were very cold, they were starting to get numb with them close to the water. If Slatestripe was okay with it, she would suggest heading back so they could get warm and get in their nests. Perhaps I should ask... I don't want to be rude.

"It's getting colder at night, isn't it? Do you want to head back to camp now so we could get warm in our nests?" Typically, she didn't mind staying out at night. With rogue attacks, colder nights, and the possibility of getting sick... it was a bit too much to handle at the moment. And she didn't want to be the cause of low herb storage.
Old October 9th, 2022, 12:24 PM
i'm back!! & amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; l t;3

Bump Policy: after one week; patrols bumps can be done every 2 days, I’m forgetful at times-
My Mood: Mysterious

xx Mapledawn
Once Rainwhisper joined them they started their way to Cattail pond, they had woken up slightly the cold chill waking them up, "Lets try and get some fish, though even some plump water voles should be nice." She looked around before they glanced back to Rainwhisper.

Their tail flicked slightly as they got to the pond, "We can stay separate while we hunt so we have the best chance, though be careful and if you see anything odd you can call out for me" With the rogues around the territory, they didn't want any more clan members getting hurt or killed.

[ @Spoooooooooooky ]

bump after a week
posting days are tuesday, thursday, and saturday if i happen to post outside of this, it's for my own enjoyment
staff sign here
dracarys - dani <3
oh look a fossil
RAHHHH (velli)

Last edited by perseus.; October 12th, 2022 at 10:51 AM.
Old October 10th, 2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:
At least Slatestripe wasn't worried about Fawnpaw getting attacked, though it could be a possibility if the entire Clan wasn't around. In any case, she was glad Pikestar was thinking ahead and giving the young medicine cat protection when she needed it the most. But yes... Slatestripe did have a point. If Marigoldleap did try to pry information from Fawnpaw, it could cause some problems for both ShadowClan and RiverClan. But moving on to the topic of hunting. It did seem to be a lot darker than when they had arrived.

"Um... n-no thanks," she shook her head then looked down at her paws. "I don't want either of us to freeze."

Her toes were very cold, they were starting to get numb with them close to the water. If Slatestripe was okay with it, she would suggest heading back so they could get warm and get in their nests. Perhaps I should ask... I don't want to be rude.

"It's getting colder at night, isn't it? Do you want to head back to camp now so we could get warm in our nests?" Typically, she didn't mind staying out at night. With rogue attacks, colder nights, and the possibility of getting sick... it was a bit too much to handle at the moment. And she didn't want to be the cause of low herb storage.

Slatestripe had to admit, he was a little disappointed that Littlepaw didn’t want to go land hunting. But, he figured the apprentice probably spent most of her days hunting and running about the land. The days leading up to an apprentice’s final assessment were arguably the busiest and most intense of their life. Slatestripe was never not glad that time of his life was over.

Not that being a warrior was a breeze, but it always felt more… free than being an apprentice. Slatestripe could put as much work as he wanted in a given day. Granted, he typically put a lot of work into his day-to-day activities, but that was beside the point.

Suddenly unsure of where exactly his thoughts were supposed to be going on this, he decided to accept Littlepaw’s request to go back to camp. “I suppose we could turn in. Get used to the chilly air, though; pretty soon it will be around all day, every day! Hopefully you’ll be a warrior by then, so you don’t have to sit in the snow for your vigil.”

He rose to his paws and started making his way back to camp.

———

After a decent deal of walking, Slatestripe arrived at Cattail Pond. He swept his gaze across the pond’s grand surface. The water was sure to be chilly this time of year, even during the day. He felt disappointment flash through him at the realization that fishing would soon be coming to an end for a while.

He glanced back toward his apprentice. “Welcome to Cattail Pond! It’s one of my favorite places in all of our territory. A lot of cats come to fish and swim here. In leaf-bare, when the pond freezes over, some cats come here to skate on the ice. It’s a very important piece of our territory.”

( @SpiritedWarrior @Peril )
Old October 11th, 2022, 09:39 AM

Bump Policy: Hiatus.
My Mood: Kingly

| Specklepaw |
| They/He |
| A sleek black cat with one white paw and a white speckled tail, a claw scar over their left eye; Yellow eyes |

~ Specklepaw slowly made their way to cattail pond, looking behind himself incase Bluebellcrackle would show up out of nowhere but atlas no luck. Thank starclan the apprentice knew where this part of the territory was, it was where Pondwhisker took them for their swimming lesson.

"Okay Specklepaw, may be your first time out of the camp without a warrior but all you have to do is get the marigold for Fawnpaw and go back home. No more and no less!."

Specklepaw said to himself and surveyed the area for any of the yellow flowers Fawnpaw had described. The apprentices eyes caught onto something yellow and got closer taking a closer look at the flowers.

"What did fawnpaw say again? Yellow and white petals that looked like tiny? Right? Right."

Specklepaw counted how many they could see and there were 3. The apprentice tried to decide either to pick 2 or all three. The apprentice chose the second option though he didn't pick them at first. Specklepaw wanted to see if there were more around here. The apprentice took a mental note on where to find these again before starting to look around the area and saw some more familiar flowers. There were 4 this time but the apprentice only picked one out of that group before making their way back to the first group and picking the three there. The apprentice looked at the flowers once more just to make sure they were the right ones before picking them up by the stems with his mouth and started to pad back to the camp. ~

| [CLOSED] |