Last post by Starfall
Yesterday 11:39 PM

Old August 21st, 2017, 03:46 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: BeachClan's Chaos

Chapter Nine,
The Drought

After the flood came and went, the driest time of the year began. Water levels shrank, and it progressively got more and more hot. Vole glanced up at the bright, relentless sun. No clouds had passed over the sky for a few sunrises. Vole let out a heavy sigh and flopped down in the shade. Her green eyes caught Lakecloud, who was recently made a warrior, chatting with Willow. Vole smirked with amusement. The tom was very fond of the apprentice. In fact, he was glued to her side ever since she came. Vole noticed Lakecloud nudged some of his prey towards Willow. Willow gratefully ate the rest of the prey, and Vole let out a quiet purr. They would be wonderful mates together. I wonder if they think about it all the time, she thought to herself. Vole felt her fur heat up when her mind wandered to a particular cat. Owl. Owl was very special to the molly. She, in fact, was fond of him. Vole began to stare at Owl, but noticed he was staring right back. They had just caught each other staring. Vole flinched and looked away. Had he seen her? Did he think bad of her? When the molly looked back, Owl was heading towards her. Vole felt herself tense, and her blood begin to rise. "Hey," he purred as if no interaction happened between them a moment ago. "What's up?" Vole shifted her paws. "Not much. It's pretty hot out here, isn't it?" "Very," he agreed. A silence fell between the pair. After a while the lanky tom laid down beside the molly. "The ground is cool here," he commented with a purr. Vole nodded in silent agreement. Another awkward silence fell between the two. Vole relaxed and closed her eyes, letting the shade cool her down. A very light breeze ruffled her fur slightly, and brought fresh scents to her nostrils. "Um," a quiet voice finally piped up. "I've been meaning to tell you something." Vole felt her heart quicken as she opened her eyes. Owl was fidgeting with his paws, and his tail tip was flicking quickly. Vole shifted her leaf green gaze to Owl. "It's just that," he began quietly. "I-I've been thinking and.." Vole tipped her head to one side. "I have feelings for you," Owl blurted. "And I know I'm a medicine cat and you'll be a warrior soon, but I want to be mates when we're older!" Vole was taken aback by the strong confession. That familiar, funny feeling arose in her belly. "Do you mean that?" Owl looked even more nervous than before. His wide, round eyes were flicking back and forth to Vole, and off to the side. Vole blinked a few times, before relaxing. "I'd like that," she confessed. "I have feelings for you too." The pair gazed at each other for a while. Vole lie down beside the tom, and laid her head on top of his shoulders. "I'm willing to wait for you," she murmured. She felt Owl relax, and give her cheek a quick lick. "Thank you," Owl purred. "I have to go to Chameleon for a while now. I guess I'll catch you around." The tom stood up and smiled down at the molly. "Of course," Vole responded with a chirp. And with that, the tom walked away. Vole felt wistful and filled with glee. At that moment, she noticed Ember walking towards her. The missed brotherly look in his eyes glittered. "You're very fond of Owl," he teased. "I know," she sighed with a smile. Ember chuckled. "I wonder what your kits will look like." "Shut up!" Vole shoved her brother playfully. Sitting up, Vole gave him a questioning look. "Are you fond of anyone?" Ember shook his head. "No. I haven't really had much time to think about it. I've been busy training with Sanddune." The confident look in Ember's eyes faltered as he realized that was the wrong topic to bring back up. Vole frowned, and forced her fur to stay flat. "Maybe you should take a break," she suggested quietly. Ember shook his head with a small smile. "I want to be very strong, and Sanddune is very strong." Vole felt a growl rising in her throat. "He's cruel is what he is! Did you not see Sanddune letting the Clan see the flood for themself? Cloud and Lake, our own brother, could have died!" Ember frowned, all interest in the conversation fading. "Only the strongest survive," he murmured. Vole froze. "Is that what you really think?" Vole scoffed. "Then you're no better than him," she growled. The molly began to stalk away, but not before she caught the blue and green eyes flash with hurt. Good, she thought. If he's gonna act like this from now on, so be it.

Last edited by Role; August 29th, 2017 at 05:06 PM.
Old August 26th, 2017, 08:26 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

(Author note: although this chapter is specifically meant for Ember, I'll cut it short due to several key points in Vole's character development.)

Chapter Ten,
The First Battle

The following days, yet another litter of kits were born. Sun and Dawn, two rambunctious kits. Sun was a deep ginger, much like his father, and Dawn was a tawny molly, who was much less active than her brother. The Clan was abundant with cats, and all was well. Until the Gathering, that is. "I declare war on BeachClan!" That was Lavaface, the delusional leader of EmberClan. Sanddune looked furious on top of the pile of fallen trees. Runningstar and Pebblestar looked taken aback. Ember glanced around. Would he have to fight? Slight fear courses through him. Most apprentices would be happy to fight, but Ember secretly feared it. "I accept your declaration," Sanddune snarled. "We shall fight three times. Whoever wins will get three whole moons of prey share from the loser Clan." Now Lavaface hissed in surprise. "Make it two moons and you've got a deal! Leaf-bare is coming," he snarled. "No! Only the strongest will survive! Three moons or don't fight at all fleabrain!" Lavaface scoffed and tossed his head. "Fine. I will not announce when we will fight," he announced. Sanddune nodded. "Neither will I." The two toms backed away from each other and leaped down from the log pile. Without a word, both Clans exited the clearing, fur raised and casting anxious glances. Surely EmberClan wouldn't attack on the night of the Gathering, right? Ember flicked his gaze towards Lavaface. The tom was stoic and continued on as if nothing had happened. Ember looked at Sanddune. Sanddune had a gleam in his eye, as if he was plotting something amazingly clever. Once the Clan was out of hearing range from EmberClan, Sanddune stopped and turned on his heels. "BeachClan! Let's show those fleabrain's who's the boss around here," he instructed. "We will surprise attack them. Right. Now." With that, Sanddune did a complete U-turn and began to walk towards EmberClan. The Clan walked in silence. Ember glanced back at Vole and Lakecloud. They looked equally as nervous. Ember caught Owl's gaze. He looked especially scared. Medicine Cats aren't supposed to fight, but since this new rule came around, Owl must fight. Ember frowned and nodded at him in acknowlegment. Whatever Sanddune thought best was good for the Clan. Owl frowned. Then, Sanddune halted. His tail raised. Lavaface was coming straight for them. Then, as EmberClan emerged from the bushes, Sanddune yowled a battle cry, and the Clan leaped into battle. Ember looked around, looking for someone to fight. EmberClan was surprised, so this battle should be an easy win. A familiar grey apprentice slammed into Ember, her eyes burning with rage. Ashpaw! Ember winced and kicked her off. He then unsheathed his claws. "It's the Gathering! We should not be fighting," Ashpaw hissed. Ember leaped at her, jaws opened and claws extended. This was no time for talking. Ember landed squarely on her shoulders. The other apprentice's knees buckled and she fell. Ember raked his claws down her shoulders until she screeched in pain, then he leaped off. Ashpaw shakily stood up, blood pouring from her shoulders. "Savage," was all she said, her blue eyes burning with rage. Ember flinched, his expression showing hurt. Ashpaw stumbled away, hackles risen and limbs tremulous. Yowls and screeches reverberated around the forest, sending chills down his spine. Am I really.. cruel? Ember blinked his odd colored eyes, and looked up. EmberClan was retreating. "Cheaters! Filthy mange-pelted cheaters! You lying, foxhearts! How dare you attack us on the Gathering?" Lavaface was horrified, but angry. His pelt was bloody, and his eyes were wild. He looked... insane. "Get out of my sight! I don't want to see a single BeachClan warrior near me right now," he spat. Sanddune chuckled and walked away. BeachClan backed off, and followed their leader. Ember frowned. Why did they make such a fuss? It wasn't like StarClan would be mad. Or would they? Ember stared up at the sky. Is StarClan even real?

Last edited by Role; October 7th, 2017 at 06:01 PM.
Old October 7th, 2017, 06:19 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

(Welcome back..)

Chapter 11
The Second Battle,

Vole woke up, sighing as a familiar ache returned to her paw. The first battle many sunrises ago had caused her to sprain her paw. The pain was better, but the irritating ache had persisted. Vole lie in her nest for a few moments before standing. She stared down at her ginger brother who slept a fox-length away from her. The battle had shaken him, as it would all cats, but more-so than others. He had something on his mind the past few days, and that did not do good with their current relationship. He had been more and more hostile towards her, snapping more, threatening to hit her more, and avoiding her. Vole scowled. What had become of her playful brother? Marching out of the den, Vole took a deep breath of the fresh air. Just then, Lakecloud and the patrol he was in returned. They were very tired, but not from patrolling. The sun was bashing down on every Clanmate's pelt, almost as if they were about to set on fire. It was almost unbearable, but they looked ruffled, not hot. Vole trotted towards her sibling, a questioning look on her face. "What's the matter?" "EmberClan," Lakecloud replied breathlessly. "They're coming to invade, but they can't be too far into our territory." Vole shuddered. Sanddune leaped down from the Dune, and bared his teeth. "Ember, Vole, Lakecloud, Volcano, Diamond, Petal, and... Owl," he called. "Come with me." The battle patrol obediently followed, although Owl was reluctant. Vole brushed her pelt against his. "I won't let you get hurt," she promised. That seemed to calm his nerves. The patrol continued to walk until a yowl was heard. Then, EmberClan leaped from the bushes, snarling and instantly attacking. This time, the opposing Clan had the advantage of surprise. Vole yelped as a large warrior tackled her and bit onto her neck fur. Vole thrust her legs upwards and shoved the warrior off. With retaliaion, Vole struck out furiously with her front paws. The warrior was surprised by the speed of the attacks, and was struck many times before backing off.

(Wip <3)