Today 10:32 AM
Hornetmoon Art Competition!
Last post by Morrigan
Today 10:28 AM

Old August 11th, 2023, 11:27 PM
nothing's forever

Default Re: but aren't you dead? [p]

@Caspian

"Smellyfur?!" Alderstep exclaimed, only half-offended. He huffed and looked away dramatically, waiting impatiently for Stickyface to stop giggling. "It's not that funny," he muttered petulantly, sighing exaggeratedly. "You're not actually sorry," he added more loudly. The tabby shook his head in disbelief, still trying to wrap his head around the concept of him getting bullied in his own dreams. Stars, what a life he has. Awful.

Alderstep sniffed indignantly, ignoring not-Raypaw's sarcasm duly. He supposed this would be the only time he'd ever get to gossip about his clan; in his dreams. Why not take the bait? It's not like he had anything better to do with his life anyway. "They don't have a choice; adapt or they're losers or something. But it's been going alright, I guess. Could be worse, so I'm not gonna complain when it's not my place to."
Old August 12th, 2023, 12:32 AM
Dead But Not Buried

Status: Gimme black coffee in the vms (please I need it to stay alive)
Bump Policy: whenever you feel appropriate
My Mood: Kingly

Raypaw

The Molly shrugged, ”I don’t have to be sorry, nor do you.” replied Raypaw. She began licking her paw, deep in thought. While acting completely unfazed, she actually couldn’t believe that Alderstep was deputy. Wow, what an amazing thing to experience. The clan going through about three leaders without her to watch. Or experience.

Quite honestly, Thunderclan had lost its spark. After Sparrowstar died, everything went downhill from there. And now even war on Shadowclan? of all clans, they had to choose the one who’s leader kills her clanmates for questioning her. She’s heard Dawnstar even did so for sport. Sick

She continued grooming herself, pausing as Alderstep spoke. “True, true. Anyway, I hear you’ve declared war on Shadowclan, or Shadowclan declared war on you for some reason?” Raypaw asked, knowing the answer to her question.

@.squid
Old August 12th, 2023, 12:45 AM
nothing's forever

Alderstep scoffed. "If only it were that simple." He looked down at his own pelt, feeling compelled to groom it because Stickyface was. Well, this was a dream. It would be useless. And weird. Oh, the paradoxes that dreams produced. They'd never get old. He looked back up to the younger cat, taking a moment to process her question.

"Oh, so you know about the sinkholes, but not the war? Weird choice of knowledge, hey?" Alderstep commented with disdain, flexing his paws in a habit of self-soothing. Stars, nothing like stressing over a war in his own dreams. Alderstep hummed out a sigh and crouched lower to the ground, morphing into a loaf.

He took an extra second with his eyes closed to simply rest, which was another paradox. He was dreaming; he was already resting. "What am I supposed to say? Apprentices were getting murdered at the border, getting pelts skinned; they tried taking Sunkissed; they've repeatedly disrespected borders. ShadowClan had it coming. They deserve everything they get. I don't know why I'm saying this to you, though. You're nothing. You're gonna be gone the second I wake up."

Wishing for the times when it was all easier and simpler in life was a fool's endeavor; still, Alderstep wished things hadn't escalated like this. Stupid Shadowrats and their inability to keep their claws to themselves. Had to go and ruin his leisurely life, and now he has the scars and pain to prove it. It was odd how exhausted he felt, even in sleep. He sagged lower into the ground, nearly becoming a tired puddle of russet fur.

@Caspian
Old August 12th, 2023, 01:15 AM
Dead But Not Buried

Raypaw

She simply looked down at the sag of fur before her. He really was tired. If she didn’t let him sleep now he might now function correctly. “You can take a nap here.” offered the dream Raypaw who couldn’t grasp the fact she wasn’t real.

She climbed up a tree, grabbing a huge arm full of leaves before she fell down, a small-sized twig falling onto her torso. She shook it off and picked up the scattered leaves, some of which were in her fur. She gently attempted to lift Alderstep’s head and tuck the leaves underneath.

She put his head back onto the cushiony-thing she’d made and returned to the branch of the tree, getting faint flashbacks to her death. But that was over now.

@.squid letting Alderboi rest
Old August 13th, 2023, 05:48 PM
nothing's forever

Alderstep snorted out a bout of laughter. "How'm I 'sposed to sleep in a dream?" he asked, dumbfounded. He lazily watched her from his loaf, eyeing the tree she climbed up. Stars, those were some lovely memories. To think the thing that had killed the ThunderClan cat was a tree. The irony was cruel.

Hey, at least Raypaw was considerate. Maybe she'd always been. Alderstep had only known the apprentice - er, Stickyface in her final moments. "I hope your family dreams of you. Dunno why I did," he commented, setting his chin down on the leaves and staring at the golden cat through half-lidded eyes. And then he dream-yawned, baring sharp teeth as he cracked his jaws wide. "So you're just gonna ignore what I said earlier?" he mumbled sleepily after he closed his mouth.

@Caspian
Old August 13th, 2023, 09:32 PM
Dead But Not Buried

Raypaw

She nodded to all of this

@navarra

(So sorry for the short post, I have lots of things to reply to!)