Marshykit Relationships...
Last post by Blazing
Today 07:33 AM

Old April 18th, 2020, 11:41 PM
definitely NOT an alien

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: hello, again

@Wings

Tallmarsh tilted her head in thought at Wren's answer. It made her feel that more proud of herself as a kit. She was barely old enough to be an apprentice when she spent StarClan-knows how long in the forest before being found and taken in by ThunderClan. She was lucky, she had to admit. She also guessed that she'd had a bit of the upper-paw, being born into the life of an alleycat and surviving like that for her first few moons with her mother and sister.

"Y'know, you don't have to live by yourself in the forest. There are these groups of cats, called Clans, that would teach you how to hunt and fight. When I was a kit, I left the kittypet life to live in the forest and was taken in by a Clan." Tallmarsh wasn't exactly sure why she was telling her about the Clans, but she guessed that she must sympathize with this she-cat. She was what Tallmarsh may have become had she not been found by a ThunderClan patrol.

She followed after Wren, eagerly savoring the feel of the grass on her pads. It was short and prickly compared to the soft undergrowth that covered much of the ThunderClan territory, but it was like feathers compared to the rough, rocky texture of the Thunderpath-walkway.
Old April 19th, 2020, 01:07 PM
#RedInStead

My Mood: Distracted

Taking note of the clans in her head, she could of sworn that she had heard about something like that. She jumped up into the white fence that surrounded her garden and the bell attacked to her leather collar jingled. "I feel like I've heard about the clans before. Not like in the detail you said it with but, just vaguely. Such as, there are some stories here that mother's tell their kits if they want to go outside or into the forest. It's goes something like don't go outside into the forest alone or the packs of wild cats will take you away." She looked down at Tallmarsh, motioning with her tail to come up. She walked down the fence and towards where it looks out over the road and sat down once she had reached the middle of that stretch of fence. "Some homeless cats have told me that they have run into those packs of wild cats and showed me some scars or wounds they got from it." She looked out across the road and into the dark forest. Curiosity was always in her eyes when she looked at the forest but, it was sometimes clouded with regret.
@weary
Time sensitive RPs count in this count.

Old April 21st, 2020, 10:26 PM
definitely NOT an alien

@Wings

Tallmarsh jumped up onto the fence after Wren, groaning as her shoulder clicked painfully in the process. She chuckled at the kittypet's statement. "Yeah, I remember some of my friends when I still lived here talking about the giant, terrifying, bone-eating wild cats that their mothers told them would take them away if they were naughty. It's an exaggeration, obviously. We aren't all that bad."

She sat down next to Wren and turned her eyes out onto the forest, too. She remembered doing this very thing as a kit. All she'd ever wanted was to have a life that meant something, and the Clans gave her that. It was her daily routine long ago to sit on her fence and ponder what her life would be like out in the wild, free of Two-Legs breathing down her neck.

After a moment of silence, she looked at Wren and answered, "Yeah, some of the Clans can be pretty hostile sometimes. I actually got lucky that I was young and helpless when they found me. Otherwise I might have been turned away." She paused again, remembering that day she was found, before continuing, "But, the Clans are home to a lot of cats. ThunderClan was my family. They raised me and took care of me when I didn't even belong there. And...then I was demoted and left the Clan. Every there probably thinks I was irresponsible and self centered. Well--that second one is technically true--ah. I'm sorry, I'm rambling." She turned her eyes back to the forest, hoping to hide the emotion that she was struggling to contain.
Old April 21st, 2020, 10:32 PM
#RedInStead

She glanced over at Tallmarsh as she talked about her life. It was interesting, how different it was from her daily routine. When she came to the part where she had gotten demoted and left her clan Wren scooched closer to the older she. She seemed lonely, as if she had had little to no friends in her old clan life. "It's okay, everyone makes mistakes in their lives... and, it seems like you regret being like that." She took a guess from her gut but, it felt right, to let this cat open up like that. It just felt like to the tabby she that she needed it.
@weary

Old April 21st, 2020, 10:52 PM
definitely NOT an alien

@Wings

Tallmarsh gave a sharp laugh at the kittypet's words. "Yeah, you could say that. I've messed up, a lot, in the past couple of moons. I'm surprised I wasn't demoted earlier." She turned her gaze back to Wren, her expression now steely and serious. "I've done things that I'm really not proud of. And I can't go back on that. I k--" she realized what she was about to say and snapped her mouth shut with an audible click of her teeth.

No doubt this kittypet would freak out if she knew that she was sitting next to someone who murdered their friend and betrayed their Clan, more than once. She took a deep, shaky breath, turned her gaze back to forest again and simply said, "I neglected my duties. I broke the warrior code. Honestly, I don't deserve to be in a Clan. I've made mistakes I can never take back. And they will haunt me for the rest of my life. I...am tired of being me."

The words felt so foreign to her. All her life, especially after joining ThunderClan, her only goal was how to make herself the best she could be. She had only ever wanted to be the best warrior she could be, to surpass everyone else. She'd only ever thought about her. She was so self centered. She'd always been. Even after she'd grown out of constantly praising herself and treating others like they didn't matter, it was still all about her and what mattered to her. Tallmarsh knew it was too late to realize that she needed to think about others, and she didn't even know how she would.

((ok, last paragraph was just tallmarsh having an epiphany lol, you don't have to really pay attention to that hehe))
Old April 21st, 2020, 11:03 PM
#RedInStead

Wren didn't say anything as the she got what was on her chest out. She only laid her head on the cat's side, trying to comfort her. "Hungry?" She wondered if Tallmarsh would think that she ate that disgusting dung of food that most housecats ate. No no no! This cat ate frozen mice that were warmed to perfection.
(I find it kinda funny how the paragraph goes from Wren comforting to thinking about how her food is in a silly way)
@weary

Old April 22nd, 2020, 09:57 PM
definitely NOT an alien

@Wings

Tallmarsh shook her head as she snapped out of her thoughts and back to reality at Wren's question. She scrunched up her nose at the thought of the dry, tasteless food she remembered receiving while she was a kittypet. "No thanks. I'd rather just hunt for my own food. Pellets haven't been in my diet for many, many moons, and I plan to keep it that way." She stood up and stretched to prepare for her hunt. This wouldn't be too hard since she was only hunting for herself. She couldn't remember the last time she did that. She glanced over her shoulder at the kittypet and said, "Hey, you can come with me if you want. Watch me hunt. I can teach you, if you want."
Old April 22nd, 2020, 10:08 PM
#RedInStead

Wren rolled her eyes, she wasn't surprised Tallmarsh thought she ate that trash. "I don't eat those disgusting pellets. My humans give me mice instead of it. I made it clear when I came here that I wouldn't eat those dry things so they just gave in and now they come outside would a warm bowl of mice everyday." She smiled, turning around and leaping into the garden. She made a left and padded towards a bush covering a plastic box that was covered in moss and plants. A bowl of mice laid just inside as it was large enough for two cats to sleep without having to touch each other much. She reached in with her head and came out with two small rodents hanging from her jaws.
@weary

Old April 23rd, 2020, 09:42 PM
definitely NOT an alien

@Wings

Tallmarsh was pleasantly surprised that this kittypet happened to know what good food actually tasted like. "Well, then. You do live the pampered life, don't you? Getting mice just brought to you everyday, rather than hunting for them," she said light-heartedly.

Hesitantly, she dropped down into the garden after Wren and followed her closer to the house, though she made sure to stay in the shadows of the tall nest and several generous tail lengths away. At the sight of the mice, her mouth watered. "Though, I have to admit, I'm sure it's nice." She padded a bit closer, her hunger overriding her caution momentarily.
Old April 23rd, 2020, 09:57 PM
#RedInStead

Dropping the mouse, she looked back at the human den. A light flashed on in the home and a large figure walking towards the way into the garden. Head coming back to Tallmarsh, "go in my den, they won't see you from in there."

Wren turned away, waving her tail in urgency for her to go into the pillowy den in case she hadn't. Oh right. She went back to her den and reached in to grab a white bowl and picked it up. The bowl was light, and it had a rim on the edge where she could grip it with her teeth. Trotting towards the human that had now come outside, she dropped the bowl and started to work her magic.
The tabby she rubbed against the creature's leg and purred loudly enough so their deaf ears could hear. Fast enough, the hairless human picked up the bowl, then rubbing her head before they walked back into the huge den. Returning quickly with a warm full bowl of mice. "Here you go girly," they said before setting the bowl down in Wren's den. Wren had been following them closely, rubbing against their leg before they left.

Finally replying to what Tallmarsh had said, "What can I say, I work my magic, they give in." She grinned, shrugging as if it was nothing.
@weary