Last post by Mica
Today 09:01 PM

Old March 13th, 2017, 11:03 PM
It’s ya boi nighty

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfall View Post
The apprentice realized that he may not actually want to kill him, Maybe, he still had his suspicions. He slowed his pace once he realized that his companion had tried and catch up with him, at first he wanted to speed up and leave him behind, he thought he was going to attack. His silver hues gleamed with weariness, he still wasn't used to being around his clanmates, he wasn't used to them trying to speak to him, he wasn't used to them being so close to him. In all honesty, it scared him, he didn't want to get close to anyone, he didn't want them to run away from hoping once he'd connected with them, he didn't want his heart ripped out of his chest. The ebony Tom looked at the other and shrugged, he didn't really like talking to much, he would've rather answered with a hum or something along the lines. He turned his gaze forward and then looked to the side in the direction of one of the larger trees in Thunderclan territory, they could try there, there should be prey scampering about.

Nightpaw began to pad forward, he felt bad for being unresponsive but he didn't care for such things, little talk, he just wanted to get this over with and then go hide in his tree, or in his nest. He hoped that the other apprentice wouldn't ask any more questions, or try and crack jokes, he did like the cat, but Storkpaw might not like him, he guessed that he was just trying to lighten the mood, not to try and become friends with the lonesome Tom. After they were about half way there he slowed his pace, but he didn't look behind him at the milky white Tom "There's no need to force yourself to be kind to me, it's understandable if you would much rather be elsewhere. But orders are orders, so just bear with it for now." he stated, his voice was quiet, soft, yet it seemed incredibly fragile, as though it could be broken with the slightest breath of wind, with the slightest poke and prod of a cat. And in reality that's exactly what he was, soft, quiet and immensely fragile, and sad enough, he hadn't been fairly broken since Ratnight had taken rule, the evil leader had broken the young toms soul, and it would take an immense amount of time to mend it.

Storkpaw padded along silently. After always having the company of his friend Owlkit, he forgot what it was like to branch out and make new friends, with that he forgot that sometimes it was hard to get into a new cats head and make them see you for who you actually were. He had grown so used to the personality and responsive ways of Owlkit, that he remembered, not every cat was open and kind and willing to share. Some cats, like Nightoaw for example, didn't like to talk to strangers. Sure he knew they weren't complete stranger because they were Ckan mates, but still they didn't know each other well. Maybe Storkpaw would just have to do that himself. Although, the silver Bengal tom was lost in his own thoughts, so much so that he almost missed the words that came form the other apprentice. He turned his crystal blue eyes to the dark pelted tom and listened carefully. He cocked his head to the side, as the words that came from Nigtoaws mouth made no sense to him. "What do you mean? Of course I want to be out here. I don't hate you, you haven't done anything to show me I should hate you yet. Now if you plan on doing something then tell me to leave, cause I don't want to see it. But seriously man, we're cool. Great choice for hunting ground by the way." He said, his eyes locked onto the dark figure before him.
~~ I’m trying to come back. All my character will be scrapped and I’ll be starting over. Some of my characters will remain in Starclan, all my main ones. They’re open for roleplay if you would like that. Other than that I’m starting over completely. ~~
Old March 14th, 2017, 12:27 AM
chirps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Binks View Post
Stillness in the mid-day of a cloudy late leaf-bare day lay a stoic mien of the forest. Could it get any better for a hunt?
A streak of fur shot through the bare canopy, splitting through the silence like lightning through clouds. A massive caw erupted, along with aggressive beating of wings, and with it followed a chase that rattled the naked branches. The feline behind the crow shot nimbly from branch to branch to branch, holding the benefit of surprise as it closed the gap between hunter and prey. When the bird was but a moment from breaking free of the canopy, the feline made a tremendous leap and cleared the branches, careening in an arch to miss the branch and seize the bird in his teeth. He came descending for the ground when the branches cleared and so appeared a cat directly in his path. Alarm blared through him and Gyrestar gasped sharply, inhaling black feathers and ultimately hacking the prey out of his jaws to fall like a rag doll.
"Run! Look out!" He squawked, limbs spread out like a feline star as he waved wildly like he could stop from falling on this fuzzy landing pad.
Not noticing until it was too late, Littledragon tilted her head up and opened her mouth to say something before she felt the weight of Gyrestar crush down upon her. She was quite smaller than her leader, and all the air flew from her lungs as her eyes stretched wide, chin digging into the dirt. "Oof!" came a huff from the buried warrior, barely able to move.
Unconsciously, a small growl rumbled in Littledragon's stomach, however it soon turned into a tumbling laugh as she she-cat relaxed under the weight, wheezing at the end as she realized she was quickly running out of air. "Gyrestar, get off me you big lump," she breathed, pushing upwards with her paws pressed firmly against the ground beneath her. Limbs shaking with the effort, the small she-cat finally was able to wriggle free from underneath the heavy tom, taking a few moments to collect herself, sides heaving with each breath she took. She turned around, tail tip and whiskers both twitching in amusement as she looked at her now sprawled out leader. "Gyre, did you not learn anything as an apprentice? Only birds can fly, mouse-brain," she purred good-naturedly before maneuvering over to her friend, looking down at him ready to offer assistance if he needed help up.
Old March 14th, 2017, 05:03 PM

My Mood: Angelic

Default Re: ThunderClan Training Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
[sorry for the late reply! i was waiting for storm to respond first ^^]
[ @The Eye Of The Storm ]

Laurelpaw beamed at the praise, having never gotten accustomed to that feeling. Her fur began to flatten along her spine, but at his next question, she paused, taking a moment to glance over at Goldenpaw as if to see what her opinion would be. "Well, I mean, if someone was coming straight for me, I would... probably..." her voice diminished into nothing as she thought about the possible ways. Flexing his paws, her claws poking out of their sheaths for a moment before she set her paws back on the ground, she began, "I'd probably try to dodge it, but I'm a pretty slow cat, so I could at least attempt to do that, or I could slide underneath the cat coming towards me? I'm not really sure if that's an actual battle move or not, though." In her mind, she imagined a cat ducking under the cat coming for them and twisting their body to scratch at their belly, but it seemed unrealistic to her. That move would probably only be for small cats, and I can't really see myself doing that, she thought. As she relaxed her stance, she felt calm seeping through her body. Training wasn't going very bad so far, even with someone she hardly knew joining them. The last droplets of rain on her whiskers fell off onto the ground, and she raised her head. Maybe this day could be better than the last.
Raggedfur looked at Laurelpaw. He tilted his head, waiting for her answer. He listened, and said what he would do: "Well, you must make yourself as big as you can be. Show your teeth, unsheathe your claws. This will make you look as if your a warrior, and I think you could pull it off." The tip of his tail twitched as he went on. "And although even if you're slow, dart out of the way, and give the opponent a nice nip on the leg. After that, you run." Raggedfur explained. He thought it was a quite nice explanation. There wasn't much to explain after all. It was a simple move and could be used in lots of situations. "But, if you try, you could get that cat off balance if you did slide under him." he mewed. "You must think strategically, Laurelpaw. What would you do if you were really in that situation?" he asked. He wasn't exactly expecting an answer. It was one of the questions to just think about.

[character site]
Old March 14th, 2017, 07:16 PM
leave the past behind

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyfoot⚜ View Post
Raggedfur looked at Laurelpaw. He tilted his head, waiting for her answer. He listened, and said what he would do: "Well, you must make yourself as big as you can be. Show your teeth, unsheathe your claws. This will make you look as if your a warrior, and I think you could pull it off." The tip of his tail twitched as he went on. "And although even if you're slow, dart out of the way, and give the opponent a nice nip on the leg. After that, you run." Raggedfur explained. He thought it was a quite nice explanation. There wasn't much to explain after all. It was a simple move and could be used in lots of situations. "But, if you try, you could get that cat off balance if you did slide under him." he mewed. "You must think strategically, Laurelpaw. What would you do if you were really in that situation?" he asked. He wasn't exactly expecting an answer. It was one of the questions to just think about.
Laurelpaw sat down, staring at her mentor. She felt a bit deflated and even a little silly at the fact that her answer probably wasn't the best idea—they had just practiced looking like a formidable opponent, so of course they would've talked about that!—but she still listened, a small voice telling her in the back of her head that even if she listened as well as she could, she'd never be as good as her father wanted her to be. Frowning, she tried to push away her thoughts and focus solely on Raggedfur's lecture. Still, it proved to be quite a challenge, as the self-deprecating thoughts just kept growing and threatening to consume her. Laurelpaw realized with a jolt that she had hardly heard a word that her mentor had said! She tried to piece together the few words she had remembered hearing, but she didn't want to ask him to repeat himself; that might make him disappointed in her for not paying attention, and then she would just feel awful, so that was a definite 'no.' Fortunately, she did listen to his rhetorical question towards the end, which gave her a bit of context. Okay. I heard the beginning of what he said: make yourself look threatening. I can do that. she thought, feeling a bit more confident with her memory skills. Mostly to herself, she murmured, "If I was in that situation, I'd prolly try to get out of the way..." Stealing yet another glance at their spectator, Goldenpaw, she tried to will the other apprentice to help her with what Raggedfur had said. Pretending as though Raggedfur was a ShadowClan warrior, she bristled her fur once more and arched her back. Feeling confident in her size and skills in possible intimidation, she narrowed her eyes, letting out a rumbling growl. Barely two seconds had passed before she let the façade drop, a grin plastered on her face. "Was that good?" she inquired, hope evident in her meow. Bits and pieces of his lecture were coming back to Laurelpaw once her evil thoughts started to clear up, so she had the basic idea of what he had said to her in her mind.

lio was here ♥
Old March 14th, 2017, 07:24 PM
hoh! wow

My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Not noticing until it was too late, Littledragon tilted her head up and opened her mouth to say something before she felt the weight of Gyrestar crush down upon her. She was quite smaller than her leader, and all the air flew from her lungs as her eyes stretched wide, chin digging into the dirt. "Oof!" came a huff from the buried warrior, barely able to move.
Unconsciously, a small growl rumbled in Littledragon's stomach, however it soon turned into a tumbling laugh as she she-cat relaxed under the weight, wheezing at the end as she realized she was quickly running out of air. "Gyrestar, get off me you big lump," she breathed, pushing upwards with her paws pressed firmly against the ground beneath her. Limbs shaking with the effort, the small she-cat finally was able to wriggle free from underneath the heavy tom, taking a few moments to collect herself, sides heaving with each breath she took. She turned around, tail tip and whiskers both twitching in amusement as she looked at her now sprawled out leader. "Gyre, did you not learn anything as an apprentice? Only birds can fly, mouse-brain," she purred good-naturedly before maneuvering over to her friend, looking down at him ready to offer assistance if he needed help up.
{Littledragon! Gyre's first non-male, non-gay friend!}
Gyrestar lay flat, face-first into the muddy ground. When he heard the she-cat speak, what responded was a muffled, jawed groan into the earth. He made a tremendous effort to heave onto his side and let out some hacks, sputtering out brown fur, mud and some crow feathers while his face was nearly a mask. The tom hauled himself onto his paws, and when he tried to respond, the pain in his face struck him even harder. He made that sort of sarcastic groan laugh, rubbing his snout that felt as though it had been pushed back into his head.
"Hey! I can always dream!" Gyrestar finally uttered to her comment with an in-pain, sarcastic smile. "Man, I think I'm going to be a flat-face cat forever now," he meowed, continuing to wipe the mud off his face and clear his nose and dwell over the ache in his body.

you're my dad!
boogie woogie woogie

*was inglewood binks !!*

characters || || (old da)
Old March 14th, 2017, 09:49 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoireRose View Post
If it was any moment that the two shared since they first met, Featherspeckle had to admit that seeing him--hearing him--and feeling that harshness coming from his voice. She grew an entire new perspective of him. She felt an entire profound respect for him, and in that moment. She couldn't even question him of why he said it in such a way. She couldn't say anything. She was definitely speechless, and no matter how much she wanted to argue back--to yell at him, she kept her maw closed. After all, they were different despite sharing the same pain: heartbreak. And she wouldn't judge him for what he did. But she still thought about what could had happened to...what's her name? She knew it. She couldn't say it. She couldn't think it. She felt it would be disrespectful to Martenthorn even if he wasn't in her thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoireRose View Post

But she felt as if he were. She felt as if he could channel into her inner being, and use it to manipulate her. But then again, Martenthorn wasn't that type of cat. He didn't seem like the harsh type. The tormenting type. He just been through a tormenting situation.

And Featherspeckle understood that because he understood her. Her tensed state left after his calm tone soothed her once again, and she felt a little bit better.

Though the conversation could be a bit lighter. Especially since they poured their heart out to each other. At least tidbits of it. Featherspeckle felt as if she wasn't being entirely honest about her ex-lover, Moose and her ex-best friend, Viola. Though she couldn't. She couldn't even be honest with herself.

Featherspeckle unrolled herself from a ball and bounded towards Martenthorn, her tail drooping and her ears flattened. "I can definitely say the same for you." She looked him over from head to toe, her voice held a gentle firmness. "And, it was wrong of me to question your actions on why you reacted in such a way to...her."

Featherspeckle wanted to nuzzle him, but she knew the least of things he needed was affection. Especially what happened to him and that horrible excuse of a she-cat. So, she backed away and turned around.

Then, she remembered what he said. "Broken, because of her. She broke my heart, my mind, and ripped my soul apart, Featherspeckle." The she-cat stood there, thinking on that quote for a while. It bothered her for some odd reason. It sounded as if he thought of himself as never being fixed. And, for some odd reason, she felt weird around the term. Maybe, she would use those exact terms for Moose, but she couldn't debate on that. She hates the kitty pet, but she didn't wish he were dead. After all, he's happily sleeping in his nest, not worried about food, probably persuading some new she-cat, sweet talking them as he always done. She shook her head from the thoughts. She didn't want to focus on that at the moment. Her mind was her weakness and she was surprised that it didn't have any advice waiting to tell her.

"A broken heart, a broken mind, and a broken soul." She mumbled, repeating to herself. Her head was slightly turned to look at him, and she tilted her head for a moment.

Thinking on that thought for a while, she said, "Well, there is always a cure for a broken heart." She looked towards the sky, "Most would believe that time will heal it, but also..." She paused, choosing her words carefully. "Two halves can make a whole. Therefore, two half hearts can make each other whole. Whether you understand that or not, I don't know." She shrugged and turned her head slightly to look away.

"But on a lighter note, how about we go hunting?" She desperately wanted to change the conversation, and she felt that he needed a change of conversation. Anything to stir him away from that she-cat, and she needed some stirring away from her past. Looks like tonight she won't be getting any sleep. Featherspeckle knew she would be finding herself on the ledge, looking down and daring herself to jump, but she won't. She was too coward to do it. And, on top of that she couldn't think about doing it now. She had a new friend that needed her--or wanted her, or whatever he would classify as seeing her. And, she knew that she would need him, but what would happen when he do meets another friend? One that could help him more than she ever could? This wasn't just her life anymore. And, if she believed that he cared more than he said; she wouldn't dare leave him. "I promise." Her eyes blinked. Why did she say that out loud? Featherspeckle shook her head and turned around with a flick of her tail. "You coming, hunny? I don't know what you have a taste for, but I wouldn't mind a small mouse or rabbit."

Martenthorn knew that he had been too harsh on the she cat from the second the words left his maw. And yet what else could he do? Everything-- everything-- had been taken from him. He had loved once, and now she was gone. He had cared about one cat before and she had been snatched from him. Was it any wonder that he was so harsh in his judgements on Ryver? Certainly not. No one could blame him for what he felt. And no one would-- right? Surely there was no way they would think he was at fault here. He hoped not, at least. The tom shifted his weight and looked half-pleadingly at the she cat, his eyes almost secretly begging with her to believe him...well, perhaps not believe him exactly, but to understand everything that he had been through and to accept him. He knew that she had had her own heart broken before, and that they shared that experience. And yet he was selfish. He was choosing to be selfish because he knew. He knew that he was, and he knew that there was no one else who possibly could have had an experience just like his own. And even if there was, the possibility that they would cross paths was almost non-existent. No-- not almost. It was non existent. How could there be a cat out there, she cat or tom, who would have gone through a heartbreak like his own? He knew it wasn't possible. And yet there was still that spark of hope.

That one spark of hope that continued to burn, flash inside him as he wondered if maybe, just maybe, a broken heart could heal. A broken mind could mend. A broken soul could be repaired. But he doubted it. He was beginning to grow tired of the rougher conversations that felt like something was beating him up in his chest, heart fluttering as though he were some sort of a she cat in a romance. He wasn't. He was a broken tom who knew that things were never going to be the same for him again. Reality was something that Martenthorn was choosing to dwell on, rather then escaping into another fairytale world as he used to when he was younger and playing with Ryver. His fairytale world had been perfect. His fairytale world had kept him from hurting-- from feeling at all-- and honestly, he had preferred it that way. Feeling led to hurt. Hurt led to heartbreak. And heartbreak led to-- well, the cat he was now.

The cat he would always be, because of one cat in particular. That cat had broken everything. That cat had ruined his life and as far as he knew, she wasn't even sorry for it. She had begged him. And he had turned her away. Because she had refused his kindness once before, she had turned him away, now he had the power. And perhaps he had used it the wrong way. "No. D-don't apologize. I was wrong, and I know it. I know that you know it, Featherspeckle. And...and p-please, don't pretend like what I did was okay. It was wrong, and I know it, and you know it, and I'm just a messed up cat. I'm s...I'm sorry." He mewed, his ears going back. He hated hurting someone's feelings. He hated feeling this way, as though he had done something unforgivable... sure, what he had done had been wrong, but unforgivable would be much too strong a term for it. Unforgivable was what Ryver had done to him. Unforgivable would be killing another cat in cold blood. Unforgivable wasn't hurting someone's feelings, or having a reason for killing another cat. But killing just to kill, or leaving a cat just 'because', or hurting someone's feelings purposely over and over...those, in his mind, were the very definitions of unforgivable. Her words seemed to sting him to the very core, and he flinched visibly. No, Ryver may not have said that to him-- but when he had met her, she hadn't been a broken cat. He hadn't been a broken cat.

And now he was. Now she was. They were both broken, and with nothing to show for it, either. Although he had no hard proof that she was really broken. She probably wasn't, if he were being honest with himself. "That might be true for some cats, but...what about a shattered half? A half that's been split so many times it's barely a part of me anymore. And there's a hole there now." He mewed. He didn't mean a literal hole. But Ryver had left an ache in his heart, and he knew it wouldn't be filled by...well, just anything. It'd take a lot of work to fill that hole. "Hunting sounds good," he mewed, and then blinked at her next words. I promise? Wh-- he thought, but cut his own thoughts off. He would figure it out later. Right now, he was going to enjoy this time, and he smiled as he padded after Featherspeckle, a pleasant look on his features. "Coming!" He called, a purr rumbling in his chest. This was the nicest time he'd had in a long time.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old March 14th, 2017, 10:30 PM
chirps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Binks View Post
{Littledragon! Gyre's first non-male, non-gay friend!}
Gyrestar lay flat, face-first into the muddy ground. When he heard the she-cat speak, what responded was a muffled, jawed groan into the earth. He made a tremendous effort to heave onto his side and let out some hacks, sputtering out brown fur, mud and some crow feathers while his face was nearly a mask. The tom hauled himself onto his paws, and when he tried to respond, the pain in his face struck him even harder. He made that sort of sarcastic groan laugh, rubbing his snout that felt as though it had been pushed back into his head.
"Hey! I can always dream!" Gyrestar finally uttered to her comment with an in-pain, sarcastic smile. "Man, I think I'm going to be a flat-face cat forever now," he meowed, continuing to wipe the mud off his face and clear his nose and dwell over the ache in his body.
(Yay! They shall be the best of friends c: )

Littledragon couldn't help but let out a small laugh, whipping her tail across her mouth to muffle the jingling sound. She hadn't really ever seen the ThunderClan deputy's - now leader, she supposed - personal side since she was always only around him in camp. Maybe this would give her a chance to prove her loyalty to him, since he was now the only one in charge. The evil era had left no one except the tom himself in charge of ThunderClan. No deputy, and no medicine cat since Zerosight had retired to the Elders' den. Anticipation was growing amongst the ThunderClanners to see who would step up in his place, since he had not trained another apprentice after Northpath had passed.
Shaking her head to rattle her thoughts to the back of her mind, the small she-cat blinked and leaned in, examining Gyrestar's face. "Mmm," she began, scrunching up her features as if she was concentrating hard. Her tail tip twitched back and forth behind her, and a few moments of silence passed before she said, "I think so. It looks like it's really far back there. As flat as WindClan's moors!" She let out a mocking gasp sound, pretending to be shocked by the discovery. The molly took a pace back and stared, wide-eyed, before she couldn't hold the façade anymore. Another laugh, a little louder than the first, broke into the air and Littledragon threw her head back in humor, should shaking with each bubbling sound that escaped her small frame.
"Who let you lead ThunderClan all by yourself, huh?" the warrior teased playfully, opening her eyes and smiling towards Gyrestar, her eyes flashing to let him know that she was only joking. So far, the leader had done an exquisite job with holding the Clan together. Albeit still young, the awkward tom showed much promise in leading ThunderClan back to an era of strength and peace. While other Clans were picking themselves up, she felt as though her Clan had barely missed a beat. Already their warriors were healing the worst of their wounds, and the daily tasks were returning to normal. It calmed Littledragon, who had been on edge the entirety of Ratnight's reign, fearing her last days as a ThunderClan warrior were near. She had kitty-pet background, so that of course had made her a target. Luckily, she had been able to fly under the radar until the new and mysterious SkyClan had liberated them.
Old March 14th, 2017, 10:34 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolybro View Post
He immediately jumped off of his mentors back at the mention of a break,slightly panting. With his size the jump wasn't the easiest thing to do,seeing as he was rather large but he managed it,making sure to make sure to get sloppy with the move with the future seeing as it could go wrong in many ways by the slip of a paw. He was close for his warrior name-he wasn't sure what it was going to be but his pelt itched with adrenaline. He shook his head in a decline,"No no I'm fine. I can keep going if you want to." he was not in the moment to take a break,wanting to keep his mind busy.
The brown tabby shook his head a little, as though in admiration of the tom. He remembered he had been a much lazier apprentice; and although those were some of the best moons of his life, they had equally been some of the worst because of his embarassment. Of course he would be embarassed about them, since they had been...well...not his greatest accomplishments, but he could equally be pleased with them. After all, the best moons of his life-- that was no small accomplishment. "Alright. I think you get the hang of RiverClan-- let's move on. WindClan cats...what can you tell me about the way they fight and their weak spots?" He asked, his eyes narrowing at the younger cat as though to say I have you now. Of course that wasn't what he was thinking...and it was an odd thing to think, if he had been, but normal in a sense as well.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old March 14th, 2017, 10:40 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post

Martenthorn knew that he had been too harsh on the she cat from the second the words left his maw. And yet what else could he do? Everything-- everything-- had been taken from him. He had loved once, and now she was gone. He had cared about one cat before and she had been snatched from him. Was it any wonder that he was so harsh in his judgements on Ryver? Certainly not. No one could blame him for what he felt. And no one would-- right? Surely there was no way they would think he was at fault here. He hoped not, at least. The tom shifted his weight and looked half-pleadingly at the she cat, his eyes almost secretly begging with her to believe him...well, perhaps not believe him exactly, but to understand everything that he had been through and to accept him. He knew that she had had her own heart broken before, and that they shared that experience. And yet he was selfish. He was choosing to be selfish because he knew. He knew that he was, and he knew that there was no one else who possibly could have had an experience just like his own. And even if there was, the possibility that they would cross paths was almost non-existent. No-- not almost. It was non existent. How could there be a cat out there, she cat or tom, who would have gone through a heartbreak like his own? He knew it wasn't possible. And yet there was still that spark of hope.

That one spark of hope that continued to burn, flash inside him as he wondered if maybe, just maybe, a broken heart could heal. A broken mind could mend. A broken soul could be repaired. But he doubted it. He was beginning to grow tired of the rougher conversations that felt like something was beating him up in his chest, heart fluttering as though he were some sort of a she cat in a romance. He wasn't. He was a broken tom who knew that things were never going to be the same for him again. Reality was something that Martenthorn was choosing to dwell on, rather then escaping into another fairytale world as he used to when he was younger and playing with Ryver. His fairytale world had been perfect. His fairytale world had kept him from hurting-- from feeling at all-- and honestly, he had preferred it that way. Feeling led to hurt. Hurt led to heartbreak. And heartbreak led to-- well, the cat he was now.

The cat he would always be, because of one cat in particular. That cat had broken everything. That cat had ruined his life and as far as he knew, she wasn't even sorry for it. She had begged him. And he had turned her away. Because she had refused his kindness once before, she had turned him away, now he had the power. And perhaps he had used it the wrong way. "No. D-don't apologize. I was wrong, and I know it. I know that you know it, Featherspeckle. And...and p-please, don't pretend like what I did was okay. It was wrong, and I know it, and you know it, and I'm just a messed up cat. I'm s...I'm sorry." He mewed, his ears going back. He hated hurting someone's feelings. He hated feeling this way, as though he had done something unforgivable... sure, what he had done had been wrong, but unforgivable would be much too strong a term for it. Unforgivable was what Ryver had done to him. Unforgivable would be killing another cat in cold blood. Unforgivable wasn't hurting someone's feelings, or having a reason for killing another cat. But killing just to kill, or leaving a cat just 'because', or hurting someone's feelings purposely over and over...those, in his mind, were the very definitions of unforgivable. Her words seemed to sting him to the very core, and he flinched visibly. No, Ryver may not have said that to him-- but when he had met her, she hadn't been a broken cat. He hadn't been a broken cat.

And now he was. Now she was. They were both broken, and with nothing to show for it, either. Although he had no hard proof that she was really broken. She probably wasn't, if he were being honest with himself. "That might be true for some cats, but...what about a shattered half? A half that's been split so many times it's barely a part of me anymore. And there's a hole there now." He mewed. He didn't mean a literal hole. But Ryver had left an ache in his heart, and he knew it wouldn't be filled by...well, just anything. It'd take a lot of work to fill that hole. "Hunting sounds good," he mewed, and then blinked at her next words. I promise? Wh-- he thought, but cut his own thoughts off. He would figure it out later. Right now, he was going to enjoy this time, and he smiled as he padded after Featherspeckle, a pleasant look on his features. "Coming!" He called, a purr rumbling in his chest. This was the nicest time he'd had in a long time.
The marbled-like she-cat threw a smile back at Martenthorn before continuing on. She kept her nose open for any pesky scents that she favored. ‘’A shattered heart, huh?’’ She asked, tilting her ears forward. She had a broken heart, but she wouldn’t admit that she had a shattered one. When she glanced at the abyssinian again, she could feel some type of faint aura that said ‘’I have been broken, and can never heal’’. That she-cat done some horrible things to hurt him. Probably without even realizing it.

This made Featherspeckle laugh inwardly. She could remember that tom that she loved so much. She remembered vividly the name he used to call her because he thought the clan traditions were a bit odd. So, he came up with Feathery. If Moose wasn’t calling her that, he called her Speckle. She recalled those late night when they would build a nest and describe the future. She would had left the clans to be with him. To be a kittypet, and bear his kittens.

Once Viola came into view. Moose grew greedy; he wanted both. Featherspeckle was deep in love, at such a young age. She was colored envious. It was shown in her eyes. She realized what she did was wrong. Especially whenever she stands out and look down at a cliff, she could hear the faint whisper of Viola crying out to her.

But, Viola knew what she was doing! She knew she was hurting Featherspeckle! She knew Moose was hers! Featherspeckle didn’t know that she would ever kill a cat. Murder one. Not in cold blood, she could never find herself doing that job, but she also didn’t find herself murdering a best and closest friend.

Featherspeckle never really talked about her love life. When she was that envious monster--and believing that she did something good- she told Moose about pushing Viola off the cliff. This only made matters worse. The tom was furious! He was absolutely livid at the fact of what Featherspeckle did. And, he chased her off. Whenever he seen her alone, he brutally attacked her, almost ending her own life. If it wasn’t for her kicking him off in time, she would had been a goner.

She thought Moose was delusional. Yet, she was too. Yet, she still loved him. She still longed for him. And...that last night she seen the tom. He quickly ambushed her, giving a nice cutline against her throat, which became pretty faint as time went on.

Thinking of the bruise made her stagger, and she almost plummeted from being disgusted at the fact. This is why she tried to limit her thoughts on the past. Especially about him. It was as if it were a dark love triangle. The only thing she knew was that he loved her. Moose really did. Yet, he loved Viola more. Because she was a lot prettier, Featherspeckle thought sadly.

‘’I’ll admit,’’ Featherspeckle begin once again, ‘’you were wrong, if you want me to be honest with you.’’ She paused for a few moments. ‘’But, then again I would had probably reacted in the same way if I were in your paws. Which is why it is not in my place to judge why you reacted in such a way, and why you’re hurting...still hurting.’’

Martenthorn seemed to know how to keep his stance up. And, she admired him for it. ‘’I honestly would not know how to fix a shattered heart. Just that it’s going to take...maybe your whole life. But, life is short. I’ve been in love, I’ve been through heartbreak, but I’m not going to let my past continue to tear the piece of heart I have left. Life is too short. I don’t know when my time is up.’’ It started out as a light joke, but Featherspeckle knew the issue wasn’t a joke at all. It was between two cats discussing a broken--shattered heart.

Featherspeckle came to that conclusion after a while later of the Moose incident. She cried for a long time over him. The cat who loved her. The cat who wanted her dead. The cat she did anything for. If she couldn’t have him, she didn’t want anybody. She would die an old, grumpy hag, but all that changed because she did want to love. She wanted to love on others. She wanted to love until it was her last breath. And, she wasn’t going to let that one cat stop her from doing that. Then again, perhaps she took everything he loved--Viola, and his unborn kits. She regretted it. She honestly did. And, there wasn’t a day that went by that she thought about her wrong. After all, it was teasing her by the awaiting jump.

‘’But don’t let my opinions change about...what you think.’’ She told him. ‘’It is your life. You live it to your fullest. And, I’ll be there with you every step of the way. I promise you that. And, if you want me to leave, I’ll do just that.’’ She was serious when she spoke this. She had to look directly in his eyes, so that he knew how serious she was. Then, she playfully gave him a sly smile, ‘’I’ll try not to hold any hard feelings. After all, if I lose you, I’d be losing a very, very special tom.’’
Old March 14th, 2017, 11:16 PM

My Mood: Yeehaw

Squireltail took one last bite of her fresh kill. Blinking, she stared up at her claates, talking and bustling about. It didn't feel like that she can fit in a Thunderclan, for she was shy and skittish. She sighed. "One last day of silence will do.." she muttered