Today 06:49 AM
Acting for Dummies [whole...
by Rani
Last post by paris
Today 06:38 AM

Old June 25th, 2021, 01:07 AM
chirps

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

What day was it? And why in the hell was it so bright outside already? Bird song had roused Kestrelstar from his restless sleep, and the leader's paws had automatically led him to Snakeheart's den. It had been quite some time since he'd been here - not since before he became leader - but by the state of his ruffled fur and sunken sides, it was obvious he was overdue for a visit. Between not really eating or getting enough sleep thanks to the daily searches for Frozenberry, the leader's moral was beginning to crumble, and along with it his physical well being.

"Snake-" the gray tabby began, though stopped when his voice sounded like that of a cracking cliffside. Raw, sore, and worn down, Kestrelstar attempted to clear his throat with little success before trying again. "Snakebite, you've got a visitor..." What little energy he managed to muster to try to announce his arrival in a sing song manner quickly faltered half way through as he stumbled in, tripping over his paws before quickly regaining his footing. Hopefully the medicine cat wouldn't notice...

Lifting his head, the leader waited for the tom, trying to make himself appear less skinny and more awake - though the spark in his yellow eyes was long gone. But he couldn't keep on this path - already one of his lives had been lost, which he still had to tell Snakeheart about. He couldn't afford to lose another...

// @Rani
Old June 25th, 2021, 06:01 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred View Post
Streamsong hung her head low. "I guess I just wanted to be in a battle" She whispered, closing her eyes. "And for the other question, I didn't want to spend an entire four moons cooped up in here" Streamsong chuckled, "And what I was thinking? That being cooped up in here with you giving lectures is worse then dying"
"Yeah well your reasoning is stupid and I hardly wanna be in here with you either. It wont be four moons either I think I already made that clear, generally a week of camp confinement so the wound can heal without reopening it or getting it dirty and a moon at most if it gets infected. Which it shouldnt the burdock should prevent that. Now for stars sake listen to me and eat the poppyseeds so the pain goes away and you can sleep through how long Im deciding you need to rest in the medicine cat den. Which is a night. Eat."
Snakeheart was getting irritable at this point with the pointless banter and almost backhanded comment from the warrior that got herself injured then proceeded to not get help for it making it worse. Idiots dont get to sass and the medicine cat had determined Streamsong was an idiot.

"If you wanted to be in a battle there are plenty coming up with thunderclan by the looks of things so looking for fights elsewhere is pointless and stupid. So do rest up so you can actually be of use should the mouse heart attack, more honor in fighting them then rodents."

@Nostalgia @Egasl
Ah yes kits in his den. His absolute favourite thing in the world, stupid infants wandering in and whining and demanding his time. Really this was going to be a blast wasnt it, questions and poking and probably no injuries because he couldnt smell blood so they werent here for anything important. They probably didnt even care that he was actually busy, quickly shoving his pile of death berries into the back of the storage so the kits couldnt catch side ears pinning back as he did.
In case his grouching inner monologue wasnt clear enough the medicine cat wasnt looking forward to this, the only kits he ever liked where his younger siblings and even then he could be a bit snippy.

"I'd say yes I am busy but I get the feeling that wouldnt matter.... What do you want and if youre here just to beg to become my apprentice I am going to throw you out of here by your scruffs Im not taking a student.
So? Why are you here and actually why are there two of you?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spade View Post
What day was it? And why in the hell was it so bright outside already? Bird song had roused Kestrelstar from his restless sleep, and the leader's paws had automatically led him to Snakeheart's den. It had been quite some time since he'd been here - not since before he became leader - but by the state of his ruffled fur and sunken sides, it was obvious he was overdue for a visit. Between not really eating or getting enough sleep thanks to the daily searches for Frozenberry, the leader's moral was beginning to crumble, and along with it his physical well being.

"Snake-" the gray tabby began, though stopped when his voice sounded like that of a cracking cliffside. Raw, sore, and worn down, Kestrelstar attempted to clear his throat with little success before trying again. "Snakebite, you've got a visitor..." What little energy he managed to muster to try to announce his arrival in a sing song manner quickly faltered half way through as he stumbled in, tripping over his paws before quickly regaining his footing. Hopefully the medicine cat wouldn't notice...

Lifting his head, the leader waited for the tom, trying to make himself appear less skinny and more awake - though the spark in his yellow eyes was long gone. But he couldn't keep on this path - already one of his lives had been lost, which he still had to tell Snakeheart about. He couldn't afford to lose another...

// @Rani
Snakeheart was.... Well Snakeheart was actually taking a break for once. He wasnt overworking himself or frantically running around to find some leg up on thunderclan. That walk with Chivepaw had kinda jolted something, what the lanky tom was wasnt healthy and it was undoubtedly going to backfire at some point so in a vain attempt to try and mitigate the issue he was taking a break flopped in the sun outside his den stuffing himself with a trout. Course he couldnt get a break not really and the birdbrain stumbled over completely failing to hide his weakness from the younger tom that both knew him well and was the clans healer.

Break over Snakeheart would always prioritise his clanmates (much less his brother by bonds) health over his so break cancelled it was time to fuss as much as he could fuss over the obviously out of sorts leader.
"So it seems, what happened to you?"
The medicine cat asked ushering the older tom into his den as fast as he could so they could talk privately failing to cover the softer worried undertone to his voice.
"Are you getting sick Kestrelstar you look skinnier than me." Which was saying something considering the toms entire frame was built skinny while Kestrelstar by all accounts was a more normal cat in stature "Finish off this trout now Im getting you some burnet and if you try and complain I will smack you." The clan couldnt afford for its leader to be off his game right now with a cold and if this was more stress based.... Well Snakeheart knew what that was like and had still subjected his closest friend to a position rife with it, he needed to fix it immediately or the guilt would fester.

Yeah no him borderline shoving the burnet leaf in the older toms face was justified no matter what the birdbrain said and if he tried to mock Snakeheart for his worried scanning he'd only be ignored.

Last edited by Rani; June 25th, 2021 at 06:02 AM.
Old June 25th, 2021, 10:04 AM
Dun dun dun. That's all

Status: My daughter is almost 8 months old! Had a miscarriage recently
My Mood: Dead

~Sunkit~

Sunkit flinched at Snakehearts remarks. She didn’t mean to upset the Medicine cat. Sunkit shifted her blind gaze over to Snakeheart. She leaned over to where she assumed Milkkit was and whispered,
Maybe we shouldn’t have come.” Sunkit flicked her tail as anxiety began to eat at her.

@Rani @Nostalgia

If I’m not replying my social battery has probably run out.

Don’t use colored text please! I am colorblind and can’t read it…
Old June 25th, 2021, 10:50 AM

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egasl View Post
~Sunkit~

Sunkit flinched at Snakehearts remarks. She didn’t mean to upset the Medicine cat. Sunkit shifted her blind gaze over to Snakeheart. She leaned over to where she assumed Milkkit was and whispered,
Maybe we shouldn’t have come.” Sunkit flicked her tail as anxiety began to eat at her.

@Rani @Nostalgia

Milkkit held his head high, ignoring Snakehearts snippy tone.

“We’ll be quick,” he stated, wrapping his tail to guide Sunkit forward, placing her infront of him.

I’m Milkkit and this is Sunkit. Sunkit is having trouble seeing so we came for something to fix that. I’m sure that it will get better but I figured you out of everyone would know how to help.”

He fixed the older medicine cat a look that screamed agree with me.

Glancing at Sunkit and then around the den, he flicked his ear.

If you’re very busy we can help, Sunkit has a good nose so she could help get things to you,” he suggested, ignoring the fact that Snakeheart essentially refused a potential apprentice.

Milkkit gave a small huff as his gaze came back towards the medicine cat.

@Rani

on hiatus due to personal reasons .

Last edited by Nostalgia; June 25th, 2021 at 10:50 AM.
Old June 27th, 2021, 06:22 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

@Nostalgia @Egasl

Well one of the kits at least had a spine where it counted, Snakeheart could appreciate that it was one of the things he like about his own siblings. No matter how he acted at Cloudedkit, Honeykit or Fidgetkit they didnt take his grumps at face value and understood it was either all bluster or there was a reason for it. Seemed the cream and brown kit actually had a good reason to be in here and knew it which more then excused the interruption (even if the reason was on behalf of another kit). See the main issue Snakeheart really encountered here was that kits liked to blow things out of proportion or bother the medicine cat (because there was some sort of stupid stereotype about them being nice or something?) when it wasnt needed, things that just took up valuable time and wore on thin patience.

... Actually for that matter even if it was a proper issue patience really wasnt something the young tom had, better to get this going and over with.
"Actually seeing issues are fairly serious especially if they show up so young, no assurance I can do anything but let's check this out fast to see. As for help I dont need help much less from a pair of kittens, let's just get this done fast so you can get out of my fur and I can do my tasks so stop shying away Sunkit come over here and let me take a look at you."

Heres hoping it was something simple like irritated eyes crusting up that he could fix fast and not a long term issue he'd need to keep the kit in here to treat like an eye infection or worse. Snakeheart was probably- no he knew he was the best medicine cat in the clans since Ebonyfang was demoted but if it was a blinded from birth case even he was helpless.... Sad realities of a medicine cat no one ever talked about, sometimes the most that could be done was coping with an issue, not fixing it.
Old June 27th, 2021, 07:07 PM
Dun dun dun. That's all

~Sunkit~

Sunkit cautiously stepped forward, accidentally kicking a rock in the process. She flattened her ears as a way of saying sorry. Sunkit’s whiskers touched Snakeheart’s fur slightly. She stopped and turned her blind glaze up trying to let Snakeheart see her eyes.
Am I going to be able to see when I get older?” Sunkit squeaked, she was tearing up a little. She never would have chosen to live her life blind. She wanted to see, she needed to see, in order to become the leader of her clan, her big dream, her only dream.
@Rani @Nostalgia

Last edited by Egasl; June 27th, 2021 at 07:08 PM.
Old June 27th, 2021, 09:22 PM
❤️❤️Romantic Cat❤️❤️

My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
Snakeheart frowned and hummed at that wrapping the entire wound with cobwebs to keep it clean and protected (plus to keep the herbs on so they could do their work) before sitting back again. "An apprentice must have done a poor job of checking the moss, I'd advise you to check the bedding or replace it hopefully all this wont happen again. Get some rest and keep the herbs on until you feel better and you'll be fine though. You can go back to your nest to sleep there as long as you dont act like an idiot about your injury." Some cats preferred to recover from minor injuries out of the medicine cat den and that was fair, Snakeheart was snappish there was often sick cats here and it was boring. So really how she wanted to deal with things was up to Willowvine, the medicine cat had treated the wound and unless it got worse that was all he personally could do.

Well she didnt seem sick despite the head and the headache (usually a sign of a fever) but Snakeheart didnt really know how to treat this or even what was wrong really.... This was just a strange situation all round. Right he'd give her a borage leaf just in case this was a fever (and even if it wasnt maybe the herb was still help), give her some poppyseeds to ease the pain and make her sleep (sleep often solved a lotta issues), and make her drink some water. It was the best he could do in this situation.
"Right here's some soaked moss drink some water out of it, as much as you can stomach then eat this herb and the seeds and go get some rest. If that doesnt solve the problem Im not sure I can do anything but still if your symptoms change or get worse after come back."
Once she did what he instructed she could relax in one of the nests in his den or go back to the nursery, her choice.
"Thanks" she said and walked out to the nursery.
Old June 27th, 2021, 11:29 PM

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egasl View Post
~Sunkit~

Sunkit cautiously stepped forward, accidentally kicking a rock in the process. She flattened her ears as a way of saying sorry. Sunkit’s whiskers touched Snakeheart’s fur slightly. She stopped and turned her blind glaze up trying to let Snakeheart see her eyes.
Am I going to be able to see when I get older?” Sunkit squeaked, she was tearing up a little. She never would have chosen to live her life blind. She wanted to see, she needed to see, in order to become the leader of her clan, her big dream, her only dream.
@Rani @Nostalgia
Quote:
@Nostalgia @Egasl

Well one of the kits at least had a spine where it counted, Snakeheart could appreciate that it was one of the things he like about his own siblings. No matter how he acted at Cloudedkit, Honeykit or Fidgetkit they didnt take his grumps at face value and understood it was either all bluster or there was a reason for it. Seemed the cream and brown kit actually had a good reason to be in here and knew it which more then excused the interruption (even if the reason was on behalf of another kit). See the main issue Snakeheart really encountered here was that kits liked to blow things out of proportion or bother the medicine cat (because there was some sort of stupid stereotype about them being nice or something?) when it wasnt needed, things that just took up valuable time and wore on thin patience.

... Actually for that matter even if it was a proper issue patience really wasnt something the young tom had, better to get this going and over with.
"Actually seeing issues are fairly serious especially if they show up so young, no assurance I can do anything but let's check this out fast to see. As for help I dont need help much less from a pair of kittens, let's just get this done fast so you can get out of my fur and I can do my tasks so stop shying away Sunkit come over here and let me take a look at you."

Heres hoping it was something simple like irritated eyes crusting up that he could fix fast and not a long term issue he'd need to keep the kit in here to treat like an eye infection or worse. Snakeheart was probably- no he knew he was the best medicine cat in the clans since Ebonyfang was demoted but if it was a blinded from birth case even he was helpless.... Sad realities of a medicine cat no one ever talked about, sometimes the most that could be done was coping with an issue, not fixing it.

Milkkit stepped up with Sunkit, though he let her infront. Watching as she made his way towards the medicine cat he gave a smile smile as she tripped.

He stayed quite as he watched Snakeheart evaluate his friend. He didn’t know the medicine cat would say but he hoped that if it was something bad, the older cat would have enough sense to be gentle with the delivery of the news. It was obvious that Sunkit was not in the strongest state.

on hiatus due to personal reasons .
Old July 2nd, 2021, 06:10 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

@Egasl @Nostalgia

The medicine cat hummed as he examined the kits eyes as gently as he was personally able to manage turning her head this way and that as he looked. There was none of the telltale foggyness or crust that'd indicate her vision issues were due to an issue she'd heal from or something Snakeheart could fix and the tom let his face contort. Afterall there was no way Sunkit could see it, she was properly blind and while Snakeheart wasnt a cat to be pitying to disabled clanmates.... Well Sunkit had a rough patch ahead of her, even if the medicine cat held the idea firmly that this was something to be overcome and wouldnt stop her on her way to become a warrior.

So even as he pulled back silently shaking his head with a bitter twist to his muzzle he didnt look to worried.
"Well this isnt a bigger issue that might make you sick, sometimes infections around the head can become life threatening, and you will still be able to become a warrior but..... No you wont be able to see Sunkit."
He allowed a moment for the kit to take things in before continuing on with options.
"It wont stop you however, the clan has had many blind warriors before and it will again. Disability shouldnt stop you from becoming a great warrior it just means you'll need to work a little bit harder to get there but if you really want it and were meant for it that wont stop you. You will find other skills that youre better at then those that have vision and such...."

Snakeheart..... Really wasnt sure what else to say to help, this was as gentle as he got and hopefully Sunkit would be able to cope, she had Milkkit as moral support though right?
Old July 2nd, 2021, 11:03 AM
Dun dun dun. That's all

Quote:
@Egasl @Nostalgia

The medicine cat hummed as he examined the kits eyes as gently as he was personally able to manage turning her head this way and that as he looked. There was none of the telltale foggyness or crust that'd indicate her vision issues were due to an issue she'd heal from or something Snakeheart could fix and the tom let his face contort. Afterall there was no way Sunkit could see it, she was properly blind and while Snakeheart wasnt a cat to be pitying to disabled clanmates.... Well Sunkit had a rough patch ahead of her, even if the medicine cat held the idea firmly that this was something to be overcome and wouldnt stop her on her way to become a warrior.

So even as he pulled back silently shaking his head with a bitter twist to his muzzle he didnt look to worried.
"Well this isnt a bigger issue that might make you sick, sometimes infections around the head can become life threatening, and you will still be able to become a warrior but..... No you wont be able to see Sunkit."
He allowed a moment for the kit to take things in before continuing on with options.
"It wont stop you however, the clan has had many blind warriors before and it will again. Disability shouldnt stop you from becoming a great warrior it just means you'll need to work a little bit harder to get there but if you really want it and were meant for it that wont stop you. You will find other skills that youre better at then those that have vision and such...."

Snakeheart..... Really wasnt sure what else to say to help, this was as gentle as he got and hopefully Sunkit would be able to cope, she had Milkkit as moral support though right?
~Sunkit~

Sunkit stood there not saying a thing. She was stunned. I’ll never be able to see…. the thought echoed around in her head. It’s like she couldn’t hold on to it. She was named after the sun and yet she’ll never be able to know why, she’ll never be able to see the sun, or what she looked like. She’ll never be able to see what Milkkit looks like or Snakeheart or any cat!
Sunkit turned dripped her head. She curled her paws around a paw full of dirt. Why her? Why did it have to be her? Why not someone else? Who thought it would be funny to maker a small kit blind? Sunkit was fuming. It could’ve been anyone else and yet she ended up being the one to go blind. First her mother dying and now this.

Sunkit turned to Milkkit. “Let’s go.” She mumbled. She needed to lay down in her nest.

@Nostalgia

Last edited by Egasl; July 2nd, 2021 at 11:04 AM.