Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Go to first new post Learning from the Best [...
Last post by Morrigan
Today 05:51 AM
The Forest Roars
Last post by burntToast
Today 05:51 AM
Evacuation Assessment...
Last post by Neptune.
Today 05:40 AM
ShadowClan Patrol Place
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 05:35 AM
Art Competition! [7k first...
Last post by Minkuu
Today 05:10 AM

Old March 24th, 2021, 03:34 AM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
"Hm?" Snakeheart hummed from where he'd been grooming wayward flecks of dried blood from his paws, tired of the tugging sensation it caused after whichever patient it came from had gone. He was just finished and quite frankly happy with the results when Tinytiger walked in so was in a good mood when he looked up and spoke "Why did you pull a claw on partol or so- OH MY GOD DID YOU WALK HERE LIKE THAT! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!" Grabbing as many herbs as he could he sprinted over to the heavily bleeding warrior pushing him over into a nest and pulling up the paw to try and limit the gushing of blood. He really wished he could have the time to clean it and apply some herbs but the entire paw was gone and the bloodloss was such a big risk he just didnt have the time.
So passing the warrior two poppyseeds to stave of shock and the pain of the wound he started frantically wrapping the limb in cobwebs. With some luck it might be enough...
Tinytiger just glanced down at the bleeding wound. Was it that hard o see? No it wasn't. He heard the medicine cat rush over to him to help him. "No I had help until we got into camp. They made sure I made it the camp first.", he responded. He felt himself get pushed into a nest. he felt his head pound from the blood loss, but he managed to stay conscience. "While on the predator patrol one of the coyotes manged to rip my paw off." , he meowed. He also had just a tiny scratch on the good side of his muzzle. At lest it was small. He couldn't loose the skin on the other side too. Tinytiger kept his only eye on Snakeheart.

Marigoldleap is my main character and is currently an outsider if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for.

Old March 24th, 2021, 11:58 AM
i am kenough

She'd succumbed to a heavy and alluring slumber involuntarily. The silver mau was so far off that not even dreams penetrated the dark fog that cradled her. It was peaceful, quiet, and... No, that all went out the window.

Plumpaw is ricocheted back into consciousness as the sound of shouting grows louder and louder, her chest beginning to ache. Finally, her eyes snap open. Finding herself staring up at Lionstorm as soon as she regains consciousness was a weird reality. She squints at him- Hard.

"I would give anything to hire a hitcat on you right now," she rasps flatly, her throat raw from earlier on.
[ @BILL., @Rani ]
Old March 24th, 2021, 12:11 PM
Doctor,Who?

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly

@Rani Stonefoot lay on the ground,mumbling incoherent words to himself and shaking his head, tring to remember something. His dislocated shoulder brought him aginy and his scarred back wasnt preety either. He kept rollong in and out of cauntiousness. He saw a shadow approaching him. He looked up to see.......

(Open!)

Beetle

Stagpaw
Moonpaw
Old March 24th, 2021, 06:43 PM
chirps

After things seemed to calm down outside the nursery, and the coyote was dead, Kestrelwing limped into the medicine den. At this point the ground beneath him was spinning and every ounce of energy he had expended was not returning to his body. Hadn't he just been here a few days ago because of exhaustion? Why did he feel the need to suddenly start serving Clanmates who barely even knew his name? Was it the loss of Sootflare? Did he feel that betrayed? He hadn't thought so...

Upon entering he saw that Snakeheart was tending to Tinytiger. Good, he was the cat who needed the most attention. A little ways away was Stonefoot. In fact, most of the cats in here were part of the predator patrol and for a moment his heart sank. His bloodlust for revenge on the coyotes that had attacked Stormcall only left more damage to his Clanmates. Sure, they had driven them out, but at what cost? Firehawk was dead, this wouldn't bring Stormcall back...

At that moment it was like the ground rushed up to meet Kestrelwing as the gray tabby crumpled onto the ground. His wound had reopened during his sprint to fend off the coyote in camp, and the disorientation he already had prior to returning was back in full swing. He let out a grunt as he opened his eyes from where he crouched on the floor. "I'm fine," he huffed if Snakeheart tried to come over. "I'll be fine. Make sure Tinytiger and Stonefoot are okay first."

// @Rani
Old March 24th, 2021, 08:23 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

@implimm @BILL.
Snakeheart puffed up eyes wide with shock and he whirled at the yelling whipping around to view the chaos. "W-what?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU MORON!!"
The medicine cat had seen Lionstorm pull some stupid stuff but this took the cake as he dashed over trying to shove the larger warrior off of Plumpaw yelling, "She's fine you lug! I was being sarcastic, her only injury is a cut on her paw and being tired! I was letting her sleep that off! Get off of the apprentice you fat empty headed disaster Plumpaw needs rest- aaaaaand she's awake. Great. Sorry Plumpaw I can help injuries but theres no helping or saving someone from the great golden 'wonder'. But hey if you want to pay me literally anything to try and bite him I'd be more than happy to."
He really would though, the medicine cat was one step off of trying to toss Lionstorm out of the den even as he eyed the older toms head half wondering if he had brain damage. It would certainly explain a lot, he'd check if he had the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique View Post

Tinytiger just glanced down at the bleeding wound. Was it that hard o see? No it wasn't. He heard the medicine cat rush over to him to help him. "No I had help until we got into camp. They made sure I made it the camp first.", he responded. He felt himself get pushed into a nest. he felt his head pound from the blood loss, but he managed to stay conscience. "While on the predator patrol one of the coyotes manged to rip my paw off." , he meowed. He also had just a tiny scratch on the good side of his muzzle. At lest it was small. He couldn't loose the skin on the other side too. Tinytiger kept his only eye on Snakeheart.
That was something at least, this was a crippling issue and though Tinytiger might manage to be a good warrior still once he healed and overcame but this was big and if he was too prideful to accept help it spoke ill of his personality. Well at least the bleeding managed be stopped with little issue which was the main concern, now that the warrior couldnt potentially bleed to death Snakeheart could do more. He couldnt risk unwrapping the paw, or the lack of it, to apply a preventive herb like marigold to ward off infection or the issue could return so he would just have to keep a close eye on it and resort to burdock if infection became apparent. He did pass over a single poppyseed though, half of his remaining stock to the warrior with a
"Sorry normally I'd give two but I dont have much left, it wont be enough to knock you out but it'll numb the pain or help any shock developing. Recovery will be long but with persistence it'll heal and you can figure out how to do your duties without it. Is there anything else you need or want looked at?" Snakeheart couldnt see anything but that didnt mean it wasnt there, Tinytiger might be able to feel what he couldnt see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCocaHead View Post
@Rani Stonefoot lay on the ground,mumbling incoherent words to himself and shaking his head, tring to remember something. His dislocated shoulder brought him aginy and his scarred back wasnt preety either. He kept rollong in and out of cauntiousness. He saw a shadow approaching him. He looked up to see.......

(Open!)
Snakeheart, fresh out of the disaster in the nursery and looking exhausted and strained from the ordeal but still powering through by spite duty and probably no small bit of panic. "Right Stonefoot get in that nest now and stop moving around, heres a poppyseed it'll numb the pain and while it normally wouldnt be enough to get you to sleep youre loopy enough that Im half worried you'll pass out on your own so I think that one poppyseed will be enough to send you off. Ill do my best to heal the injuries you have." He spoke weary and exhausted passing over his last poppyseed to the warrior and he prepared what he'd need to heal the tom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spade View Post
After things seemed to calm down outside the nursery, and the coyote was dead, Kestrelwing limped into the medicine den. At this point the ground beneath him was spinning and every ounce of energy he had expended was not returning to his body. Hadn't he just been here a few days ago because of exhaustion? Why did he feel the need to suddenly start serving Clanmates who barely even knew his name? Was it the loss of Sootflare? Did he feel that betrayed? He hadn't thought so...

Upon entering he saw that Snakeheart was tending to Tinytiger. Good, he was the cat who needed the most attention. A little ways away was Stonefoot. In fact, most of the cats in here were part of the predator patrol and for a moment his heart sank. His bloodlust for revenge on the coyotes that had attacked Stormcall only left more damage to his Clanmates. Sure, they had driven them out, but at what cost? Firehawk was dead, this wouldn't bring Stormcall back...

At that moment it was like the ground rushed up to meet Kestrelwing as the gray tabby crumpled onto the ground. His wound had reopened during his sprint to fend off the coyote in camp, and the disorientation he already had prior to returning was back in full swing. He let out a grunt as he opened his eyes from where he crouched on the floor. "I'm fine," he huffed if Snakeheart tried to come over. "I'll be fine. Make sure Tinytiger and Stonefoot are okay first."

// @Rani
Heeding his words Snakeheart quickly padded away to deal with the others trusting, perhaps wrongly, that Kestrelwing was smart enough to know when he needed help urgently. Still once he was done he returned looking even more worn then before as the medicine cat was barley holding on by a thread after the sheer magnitude of the events and amount of healing he'd had to do. The tom was running low on herbs and even if Kestrelwing was the last cat he had to heal today who knows what tomorrow would bring and that was a weighty concern.
Still he had the warrior to heal and so as he set to work he threw a "Well todays been a mess hasnt it? Sure the coyotes being gone is a relief but no one could see this disaster coming of it. Now lie down, theres not much I can do for that bump on the head but it'll help to stay still. Im out of poppyseeds so you'll have to stay awake and deal Im sorry, Ill use burdock to help that. It'll a little more strong of a herb then necessary but it'll numb the wound and help the pain."

Without further of ado he got started cleaning out the large gash and biting off large chunks of the burdock root, chewing it thoroughly and applying it to the gash before grabbing some cobwebs and covering the entire mess with a layer.
"Right now all I can tell you to do is eat and rest you did a ton today and if you pass out because you over did it tomorrow it does no one any good." That was probably hypocritical given how worn Snakeheart was but he was medicine cat and could order cats to do stuff he personally would ignore even if he knew he'd struggle to get up from where he was sitting next to the warrior once he was done. Damn his slightly shaking legs.

Last edited by Rani; March 24th, 2021 at 08:24 PM.
Old March 24th, 2021, 09:41 PM
chirps

A breathless chuckle came from Kestrelwing as he listened to Snakeheart. He didn't necessarily need any poppyseeds - the pain was something he could just deal with and push through. Briefly he remembered the medicine cats plea in the leaders den about not bringing in a wave of cats. "You can always count on me to keep you on your toes, Snakebite," he huffed in a laugh, though there wasn't much depth to it.

After feeling the burdock root take effect, Kestrelwing let his body relax more, for once fighting the instinct to run around and do everything he could. "I still need to get that report in to Lionstorm. Though, when he sees the state of the camp I'm sure he'll track me down regardless." He wasn't sure what the acting leaders' mood would be. Kestrelwing's patrol had driven off the coyotes, but had missed one... and that one had taken out Lionstorm's father... Kestrelwing knew that kind of pain all too well.

Looking back at Snakeheart as he got to his paws, he sighed. The cobwebs seemed to hold, and the warrior would just take note to sleep on his side in the warriors den tonight. "You should take a rest too, Snakebite. You're a lot less sassy." It was obviously meant as a joke, and Kestrelwing's gaze showed that though he hadn't said it, he was grateful to the tom.

// @Rani
Old March 25th, 2021, 10:15 AM
Student Psychologist

My Mood: Amused

Junipersong shifted her weight from paw to paw nervously, lingering just outside of the medicine cat den. After having disobeyed orders, fought coyotes, saved Kestrelwing, and then carried Tinytiger most of the way back, she was exhausted. All that adrenaline had taken its toll on her, and now she was paying the price. Still, satisfied with what she had done. If she hadnt stepped in, Kestrelwing would have probably died, and maybe even more of her clanmates, too! Who knows what butterfly effect would have happened if the coyote attacking Kestrelwing wasnt stopped? Or Kestrelwing wasnt alive to help deal with the threat in the nursery?

Still, she was wounded. Snakeheart was clearly very busy at the moment, and she didnt want to overwhelm him more than he already was. Her ears perking up hearing that he was running low on poppy seed, maybe this was her chance to help out! Stepping into the den, nearly making the whole den go dark for a second as her large frame blocked a significant portion of the light filtering in, padding in further and returning light to the den. From the front, she didnt look too bad, just some scratches here and there across her shoulder and one small cut across her lip. And of course, the bruised leg she had, which the swelling had gone down already. However, when one viewed her right flank, it looked as if she had gone through a blender!

Several deep gashes torn across her side and back, from the coyote sinking its entire set of teeth into her back and side. twice! Ripped across her when she had to pull herself free from its grasp. Her fur all matted with dried blood. Surprisingly, there were no chunks of viscera torn from her, just deep gashes and bites, some of which were already starting to scab over.

Junipersong barely seemed phased by it, though, and it wasnt from shock, either! In fact it seemed that her bruised leg was causing just as much pain as her fresh wounds. Mewling out to snakeheart. "You need more poppy seed? I wanted to get something to help with infection, but after that I can rush out to look for some poppy for ya! Just tell me if theres a special way to harvest it, and where I can find it!" Her cheerful attitude already returning, and eager to help her clanmates in whatever way possible.

// @Rani

Idk. Insert something inspiring or edgy here so people think that im cool.

Message me if you ever want to roleplay together or set something up!

Riverclan Leader's Den. Page 132. Bottom of the page.

Last edited by Dizerel; March 25th, 2021 at 11:37 AM.
Old March 25th, 2021, 11:25 AM
Doctor,Who?

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly

Stonefoot sighed and rolled into the nest. He reached for the poppyseed but passed out before he could reach it. He curlled up in the nest,rapping his tail around himself. He began to whimper and shake as he was taken into a dream @Rani

Beetle

Stagpaw
Moonpaw
Old March 25th, 2021, 07:18 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spade View Post
A breathless chuckle came from Kestrelwing as he listened to Snakeheart. He didn't necessarily need any poppyseeds - the pain was something he could just deal with and push through. Briefly he remembered the medicine cats plea in the leaders den about not bringing in a wave of cats. "You can always count on me to keep you on your toes, Snakebite," he huffed in a laugh, though there wasn't much depth to it.

After feeling the burdock root take effect, Kestrelwing let his body relax more, for once fighting the instinct to run around and do everything he could. "I still need to get that report in to Lionstorm. Though, when he sees the state of the camp I'm sure he'll track me down regardless." He wasn't sure what the acting leaders' mood would be. Kestrelwing's patrol had driven off the coyotes, but had missed one... and that one had taken out Lionstorm's father... Kestrelwing knew that kind of pain all too well.

Looking back at Snakeheart as he got to his paws, he sighed. The cobwebs seemed to hold, and the warrior would just take note to sleep on his side in the warriors den tonight. "You should take a rest too, Snakebite. You're a lot less sassy." It was obviously meant as a joke, and Kestrelwing's gaze showed that though he hadn't said it, he was grateful to the tom.

// @Rani
Kestrelwings playful but pain filled jabbing earned a hiss from Snakeheart though it wasnt an angry one, more of a rebuttal more than anything. His eyes were glinting as he drawled "Where did that nickname even come from you seem rather dedicated to it." idly trying to clean the blood off of his paws for the third time that day. "Im not protesting it, it's certainly a fitting one, but I hardly mind my current one." Snakeheart was meaningful to him but he'd had enough nicknames in his life to not see the harm in another.

"Hmmm this whole thing is unfortunate but on the part of our warriors nothing but an accident, that one slipped away is horrible but not on you or your patrol they could've been hiding anywhere. We should've had guards here and not've left the safety of the nursery up to an elder to sacrifice himself to stall until we got support. Thats a fault of leadership and mine I suppose, Im assuming the predator patrol chased out or killed the other mongrels in our territory and thats what we asked of you. Its done and youre staying but until I say so if Lionstorm wasnts to talk to you he can come here and if he wasnt to yell at you Im slapping that idiot. Youre a fool who over does it (god damnit stop landing yourself in my den you only get one life and body and youre gonna get yourself killed) but a good one." The whole talk he rambled out while packing away the used herb scraps was not meant as reassurance in the slightest. Snakeheart really didnt do that stuff and if it occurred it was an accident, no he was mainly walking himself through his thoughts and trying to get the whole chaotic event in order to plan how to fix it. Guards were needed that was fact but didnt Lionstorm try that before? Snakeheart didnt remember anything about them so that probably didnt net a lot of success or he wouldve. Hmmmmm things to talk with the golden boy or whoever he chose.

"Oh lay back down dogfood Im ordering rest for the rest of the day I'd prefer in here but if me healing is too loud youre resting in the warriors den Im serious. You can be stupid tomorrow. If youre calling me not sassy enough youre obviously not well." He was right though the lanky tom was sagging and running on fumes but he had the authority to be hypocritical and would be is he so chose. He was the loudest and screw you Snakeheart did what he wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizerel View Post
Junipersong shifted her weight from paw to paw nervously, lingering just outside of the medicine cat den. After having disobeyed orders, fought coyotes, saved Kestrelwing, and then carried Tinytiger most of the way back, she was exhausted. All that adrenaline had taken its toll on her, and now she was paying the price. Still, satisfied with what she had done. If she hadnt stepped in, Kestrelwing would have probably died, and maybe even more of her clanmates, too! Who knows what butterfly effect would have happened if the coyote attacking Kestrelwing wasnt stopped? Or Kestrelwing wasnt alive to help deal with the threat in the nursery?

Still, she was wounded. Snakeheart was clearly very busy at the moment, and she didnt want to overwhelm him more than he already was. Her ears perking up hearing that he was running low on poppy seed, maybe this was her chance to help out! Stepping into the den, nearly making the whole den go dark for a second as her large frame blocked a significant portion of the light filtering in, padding in further and returning light to the den. From the front, she didnt look too bad, just some scratches here and there across her shoulder and one small cut across her lip. And of course, the bruised leg she had, which the swelling had gone down already. However, when one viewed her right flank, it looked as if she had gone through a blender!

Several deep gashes torn across her side and back, from the coyote sinking its entire set of teeth into her back and side. twice! Ripped across her when she had to pull herself free from its grasp. Her fur all matted with dried blood. Surprisingly, there were no chunks of viscera torn from her, just deep gashes and bites, some of which were already starting to scab over.

Junipersong barely seemed phased by it, though, and it wasnt from shock, either! In fact it seemed that her bruised leg was causing just as much pain as her fresh wounds. Mewling out to snakeheart. "You need more poppy seed? I wanted to get something to help with infection, but after that I can rush out to look for some poppy for ya! Just tell me if theres a special way to harvest it, and where I can find it!" Her cheerful attitude already returning, and eager to help her clanmates in whatever way possible.

// @Rani
The medicine cats eyes narrowed as he spotted the warrior. She wasnt one of the cats assigned on patrol and he hadnt seen her fighting in the nursery so why was she so hurt. This stank of trouble and Snakeheart did not look pleased as the molly talked.
"Oh? So I should just let an obviously injured cat walk out of my the medicine cats den unhealed to just run the risk and then further tell them to go out on a patrol in that state? Without asking them how the hell they got the injuries? Does that sound right to you? Hmmm I dont know but then again Im just the medicine cat. Get in a nest now Ill let Lionstorm deal with you but bare minimum you aint leaving the camp until tomorrow if you heal fast coyote mouths are dirty and that looks like a bite and Im not risking infection because you've got a brain the size of a walnut."
The much much smaller tom had been circling the warrior the entire rant hissing occasionally before finally stopping blocking her from leaving and levelling a paw at one of the few unoccupied nests.

She'd get no poppyseeds or collect them but her wound needed to be disinfected and the bleeding stopped. Then he'd leave her to whatever rage Lionstorm wanted to unleash about this disaster of a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCocaHead View Post
Stonefoot sighed and rolled into the nest. He reached for the poppyseed but passed out before he could reach it. He curlled up in the nest,rapping his tail around himself. He began to whimper and shake as he was taken into a dream @Rani
Snakeheart blinked as the warrior just passed out and shrugged, he'd offer the herb if they woke up during this but otherwise he wasnt going to complain about not using up the last of his limited stock. Right, head inury (not much he could do for that), lots of claw wounds bleeding sluggishly (the tom gathered some marigold and the last of his cobwebs in preperation), and a wonkly looking shoulder. Feeling around the limb the medicine cat decided it wasnt a broken bone but he should try and put it back in place anyways putting his paw in the warriors side gently grabbing the limb and shoving it back into the socket with a loud pop!
The pain and the jolt would generally wake a sleeping cat so Snakeheart stepped back to see if that did it expecting that if Stonefoot and well and truely unconscious it wouldnt phase him.

He could decide how to do the claw wounds after that.
Old March 25th, 2021, 07:44 PM
chirps

At first, Kestrelwing narrowed his eyes towards the medicine cat. If he didn't know Snakeheart better he might've cuffed him over the ears for using that kind of tone with him, let alone a warrior. But even he knew that medicine cats had a special pass when it came to orders, and he was the only high rank left in the Clan - for now.

So instead the gray tabby just huffed at him and settled back down into the nest. He figured despite being given the option Snakeheart implied, he'd better stay put. Kestrelwing was sure Lionstorm would be in here at some point - if not, his report could wait until tomorrow.

"We caught five of them near their den. They got the jump on us, obviously," Kestrelwing started, nodding to his freshly patched wound, "but they won't be coming back, that's for sure." At least he hoped so. He'd left Splashleap in charge of making sure the den was empty and that the coyotes had in fact run off. "I just wish I had gotten here sooner before that one tore the nursery apart. You need to speak to Lionstorm about appointing guards for the camp. Maybe even one for the nursery for the time being - I'm sure the coyotes know how easy it is to grab a kit. They may not have worked in the past, but that's probably because their duties weren't outlined well, or lazy warriors were picked. What I would've done is-" in the middle of it, Kestrelwing stopped himself. What was he doing? He was a warrior, not in any position of power. This was something that cats like Lionstorm, and even Sootflare, handled. Not a grumpy sack of fur like himself.

Giving a flick of his tail, the tabby just shrugged, not continuing his sentence. "I'll just rest in here, but if you bring in any whining kits in, I'm out. I've got enough of a headache as it is." His grumpy tone was back, and Kestrelwing simply stretched his jaws in a yawn, realizing only now just how tired he was.

// @Rani