by Ian
Last post by constellation
Today 08:19 AM

Old March 15th, 2021, 12:36 PM
full time disappointment

Bump Policy: bump after 72 hours
My Mood: Sad

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

"Snakepaw?" Ebonypaw called, stumbling into the medicine den. "I don't feel so good."

His head had been hurting like hell all day, and the aching in his legs couldn't be ignored. He felt absolutely horrible, and he hoped that maybe, just maybe, there was something the baby medicine cat could do about it. He sat down, trying to take his weight of his legs that felt like they would crumple below him.

His ears flattened in terror as Burningkit's voice echoed through his mind. You're not strong enough to be a Clan cat, she hissed cruelly. Go run back to your mother and never set foot in RiverClan again. Running away was something that Ebonypaw had wanted to do, but he was a Clan cat now. Besides, his mother was gone, so where would he go?

"Snakepaw," he called again, after what had felt like forever but only been a few moments.

<> @Rani

bump after 72 hours
cherrykit
Old March 15th, 2021, 08:34 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Snakepaw had been sleeping when he was interrupted, and rather peacefully too! After a hectic day he'd been able to settle into his nest early hopeful that he could sleep a full night for once without being disturbed but apparently not. The medicine cats den never closed after all. Smacking his lips as Ebonypaw stumbled in Snakepaw stretched and crawled out of his comfortable nest to make his way over grumbling out, "Im coming, Im coming. Cool it seriously Im right here." before running a confused? irritated? eye over the obviously weak apprentice.

He didnt smell sick so this wasnt the ill weakness type thing but stars knows what really was causing this. Did this idiot got a few to many days without sleep or something? Was he poisoned? Well Snakepaw wouldnt find out like this.
"What happened to you? I need to know whats wrong before I can do anything to help."
@Trouble
Old March 16th, 2021, 09:55 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@Viper2008
@Rani

Lotusheart carried the pregnant cat into the den. She didn't know how Snakepaw would react.
"I found her out in Sleepy Thicket passed out. She says she's ex-WindClan. She looks like she needs help." she replied awkwardly and meekly, not looking Snakepaw in the eye.
Old March 16th, 2021, 10:13 AM
kinda jus lurking

Bump Policy: 4-7 days, 3 if its urgent
My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeleaf View Post
@Viper2008
@Rani

Lotusheart carried the pregnant cat into the den. She didn't know how Snakepaw would react.
"I found her out in Sleepy Thicket passed out. She says she's ex-WindClan. She looks like she needs help." she replied awkwardly and meekly, not looking Snakepaw in the eye.
Brightwish looked at the medicine cat. He looked really young to be running this den alone but she didn't care. If he could help her thats all that matters. (Bright has a fever and an infected scratch on her side. She's also 3 moons pregnant.) @Rani(This RP has Bill's permission jsyk)
In school from 7:45am-2:45pm EST mon-fri. weekends vary with my schedule
Not online afterschool wednesdays or thursdays (at karate the whole night)
Very active on discord (shaae_26)
I'm a 10th grader in highschool and I try to be a helpful person on site so feel free to ask me any WCO questions!
~~~~~
Pronouns are He/Him | EST Time Zone | My Birthday is March 1st. | Favorite color is purple. | About Me
~~~~~
{Jackdawkit} - {Falconkit}
~~~~~

Last edited by shaae_26; March 16th, 2021 at 10:13 AM.
Old March 16th, 2021, 05:48 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Hmm? Lotusheart in his den (again if she hadnt been taking care of that paw he was going to nest confine her) and a queen? It was hard to tell at first the scent of rot and infection almost overpowered the usual scent markers of a pregnant queen causing the tom to wrinkle his nose even as he approached.
"Yeah its evident this needs to be treated right away, get comfortable in a nest while I get things together and plan how to approach this."

Snakepaw padded around the queen to get a good look at the wounds and choked back a gag when he did. Oh stars was that... Maggots?! How did they even get in there?! The whole wound would have to be vigorously cleaned and the maggots plucked out before he could even begin with the herbs! And even then there was no guarantee the infection wouldnt leave a horrible scar or cripple the leg much less if this effected the kits in the long term. Snakepaw knew Coldamber wouldnt let a queen get to this state so he had to wonder how long this queen had been wandering the forest after fleeing her clan.

"Right before anything else Im giving you poppyseeds to numb the pain and let you sleep for this you must be in agony and Im not keen to make that worse while I fix this. Lotusheart...." She'd been reasonable in here if not in the leaders den and was genuinely apologetic... The warrior would get a second chance here if she failed the tom would know for sure "you can stay and help if you wish and have a strong stomach. I could use a second pair of paws to help clean the wound out."
@Viper2008 @Shadeleaf
Old March 16th, 2021, 06:21 PM
kinda jus lurking

Bump Policy: 4-7 days, 3 if its urgent
My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
Hmm? Lotusheart in his den (again if she hadnt been taking care of that paw he was going to nest confine her) and a queen? It was hard to tell at first the scent of rot and infection almost overpowered the usual scent markers of a pregnant queen causing the tom to wrinkle his nose even as he approached.
"Yeah its evident this needs to be treated right away, get comfortable in a nest while I get things together and plan how to approach this."

Snakepaw padded around the queen to get a good look at the wounds and choked back a gag when he did. Oh stars was that... Maggots?! How did they even get in there?! The whole wound would have to be vigorously cleaned and the maggots plucked out before he could even begin with the herbs! And even then there was no guarantee the infection wouldnt leave a horrible scar or cripple the leg much less if this effected the kits in the long term. Snakepaw knew Coldamber wouldnt let a queen get to this state so he had to wonder how long this queen had been wandering the forest after fleeing her clan.

"Right before anything else Im giving you poppyseeds to numb the pain and let you sleep for this you must be in agony and Im not keen to make that worse while I fix this. Lotusheart...." She'd been reasonable in here if not in the leaders den and was genuinely apologetic... The warrior would get a second chance here if she failed the tom would know for sure "you can stay and help if you wish and have a strong stomach. I could use a second pair of paws to help clean the wound out."
@Viper2008 @Shadeleaf
Brightwish nodded and colapsed into her nest. "This is Riverclan, right?" She asked. She thought Lotusheart had said something about this being Riverclan but she wasn't sure. And her sense of smell wasn't working well right now. (She's gonna have 3 stillborn kits & 2 that die of weakness after birth, with only 1 survivor jsyk)
In school from 7:45am-2:45pm EST mon-fri. weekends vary with my schedule
Not online afterschool wednesdays or thursdays (at karate the whole night)
Very active on discord (shaae_26)
I'm a 10th grader in highschool and I try to be a helpful person on site so feel free to ask me any WCO questions!
~~~~~
Pronouns are He/Him | EST Time Zone | My Birthday is March 1st. | Favorite color is purple. | About Me
~~~~~
{Jackdawkit} - {Falconkit}
~~~~~

Old March 16th, 2021, 08:10 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Snakepaw gave a nod as he dropped the herbs he'd need by the nest with a thump as well as a healthy bundle of wet moss to clean out the wound. He'd normally use his tongue after washing out his mouth to groom it to cleanliness for ease of movement and effectiveness even if it was uncomfortable but there was no way he was touching and potentially tasting this. He'd have to use wet moss as difficult as it was.
"This is riverclan, dont worry you'll be safe here from whatever shadowclans put you though. I know you must miss your home but we take good care of queens and you and your kits will be safe here. Ill do my best to stabilise you but I need you to be aware... This is dire and may effect your kittens."
The tom reassured completely guessing (and wrongly) the reason the queen was no longer with her clan due to his own hatred for shadowclan. Now for the poppyseeds. The molly would probably be unconscious for most of him fixing her up but once she woke again and felt better they could talk more about what might be the best options for her kits and upcoming birth. For good measure though he slipped a burnet leaf to improve the queens strength among the seeds though as he passed them to Brightwish.

(Aw poor brightwish thats horrible hope shell be ok after....)
@Viper2008

Last edited by Rani; March 16th, 2021 at 08:28 PM.
Old March 16th, 2021, 08:20 PM
full time disappointment

Bump Policy: bump after 72 hours
My Mood: Sad

Ebonypaw shut his eyes, continuously trying to ignore the dizziness and pounding in his head. What if he was sick. No no nonono, he couldn't be sick. He needed to be a warrior, he couldn't delay his training! "My head hurts," he grumbled. "And my legs. I just... Don't feel good." The black tom tried his best to explain what was going on, and he hoped the baby medicine cat would understand.

<> @Rani

bump after 72 hours
cherrykit
Old March 16th, 2021, 08:27 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Snakepaw was changing out the moss when he smelled blood instinctively tensing and alerting as he looked for his next patient. He missed them first scan really, eyes focusing much higher than Redkit expecting a warrior or an apprentice but eventually looked down and spotted the kit and his cut.
"Oh what did you even do to yourself kit get in here so I can take a look at that. Seriously that looks deep, if a warrior or someone hurt you you need to tell me so I can deal with them or if you had an accident I need to make sure this wont happen again this isnt alright. Sit still and let me get my herbs." He grumbled not knowing the kit was mute scooping up some herbs from his storage.
@Topazkit
Old March 16th, 2021, 08:44 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

..... Oh for stars sake was this another apprentice overworking themselves? First Lizardpaw and now this when the tom said he wanted his clanmates to put more effort and dedication into the clan he didnt mean like this and to the point of collapse. Ugh he didnt know for certain but he couldnt smell sickness and unless this was one of those weird sudden things that he didnt know how to treat it was probably exhaustion. Placing his head in his paws Snakepaw sighed and asked,
"Ebonypaw three questions. When was the last time you ate, when was the last time you drank some water and when was the last time you slept? I think youre having issues is because you overworked yourself. Im going to give you a herb to bolster strength but I want you to go and take care of yourself and sleep, if nothing improves come back but try this first."

Snakepaw passed over the leaf staring down Ebonypaw expectantly until she ate it a vaguely irritated expression firmly in place.
@Trouble