The next generation of...
Last post by Morrigan
Today 10:30 AM
Spiderthroat and Magpie QnA
Last post by Starfall
Today 10:28 AM

Old August 20th, 2023, 03:39 PM
Always

Bump Policy: 1 Day or 2. If I still don't reply is because I'm busy, but mostly not
My Mood: Dark

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Leafpelt, though barely conscious, she heard Cowtuft's voice. She took an effort and reached to the poppy seed, chewing it down. As soon as she finished she opened her eyes, but the world around her was getting darker, she wasn't even able to see the light (she was able to see light even tho she was blind). She only knew Cowtuft was with her because of scent. The blind queen's limbs where numb, her pawpads, nose, ears and gums where getting blue, she knew the end was near.

@x ghostie
@Alchemist Kitsune

Warning: I might randomly dissapear from the forums and stop replying, posting or whatever, it's because I'm either grounded or taking A L O N E T I M E for an overly long time

Hey! Don't leave yet! I've got a Hogwarts RP just for ya. Still no RP thread but once we get members in the Sign ups, I'll make a RP thread. Link: Click or else Avada Kedavra
Old August 20th, 2023, 03:44 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningpaw |
Flock Together [Tier 1] - Inactive

This was bad. This was really, truly bad. Mintkit had been wrong. They had not been in the clearing like glow'd said they would be. So where had Cowtuft and Leafpelt gotten to? Had Cowtuft gotten to the queen in time? Could he save her? Honestly, if she arrived and was no longer needed, she would be happy for once. Even if the warrior she'd dragged along with her didn't necessarily agree with the sentiment.

Opening her mouth to ask Sheepfluff to keep her eyes and ears peeled for any sign of them, she tasted it before she saw them. The familiar, metallic taste of blood. And lots of it. Lightningpaw could feel her stomach churn as nerves threatened to overtake her. Leafpelt had survived a difficult pregnancy for her sole, surviving kit. Surely... surely a simple walk out on the territory wouldn't be the end of the queen?

"This way!" Lightningpaw called out to Sheepfluff as she increased her speed, only stopping when the carcass of the hawk responsible for this mess had come to view.

Cowtuft was on top of it already, getting to her wounds as best as she could. There was discarded moss besides him, already scarlet and used up. Almond shaped eyes rounded the closer she got, noticing the state of the queen. Large ears dropping, she swore under her breath. They didn't have enough of... anything! Enough time. Enough herbs. Enough bandages. Featherfoot's wounds had been nothing compared to what stood before her now.

She didn't know if the queen would make it. Cats with lesser wounds had not. Optimism was not Lightningpaw's strongest suit. Allowing herself to find her blind, unwarranted hopes dashed and splattered against the rocks of failure and despair was not something she enjoyed. Why delude yourself with thinking a miracle would strike when those were so scarce to be depended on? But if this queen wasn't going to make it... then there was something she should know.

"I'm here, Tufty. Leafpelt... Mintkit is alright. I have bandaged glows wounds. Your kit will live. Glow is in Leopardsong's care now," she mewed, her voice soft as if to not scare her spirit away from the mere sound of her voice.

Mintkit is waiting... But... I can't say that, can I?

Stepping back, Lightningpaw attempted to wrap her tail around Cowtuft. She'd felt the despair of being unable to do anything to save Leafpelt's stillborn kits. If the worse happened here - the amount of blood left little to the imagination in that regard - Cowtuft would be devastated. She needed him to know that he wasn't alone. That this wasn't his fault. That there was nothing he could have done to stop this. That feeling ate her alive every single night, chipping away at her, attempting to leave only the husk of a cat behind. She wouldn't let her mentor suffer through that. Not if she could help it. Not while she was around.

-

@x ghostie [Cowtuft] | @Light000 [Leafpelt] | @xavier. [Sheepfluff]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old August 20th, 2023, 03:59 PM
Always

Bump Policy: 1 Day or 2. If I still don't reply is because I'm busy, but mostly not
My Mood: Dark

Leafpelt felt Lightingpaw's scent, she smiled after both medicine cats said that Mintkit was okay, she calmed down a little as her breathing became slower. The queen started to finally fall unconscious, closing her eyes. Her heart no longer was able to beat due to the blood loss. She knew she could watch and protect her kit and the medicine cats from StarClan.
@x ghostie @Alchemist Kitsune

Warning: I might randomly dissapear from the forums and stop replying, posting or whatever, it's because I'm either grounded or taking A L O N E T I M E for an overly long time

Hey! Don't leave yet! I've got a Hogwarts RP just for ya. Still no RP thread but once we get members in the Sign ups, I'll make a RP thread. Link: Click or else Avada Kedavra
Old August 22nd, 2023, 09:34 AM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlow View Post

Owlpaw - The Mute
WindClan | Apprentice | He/Them | 5 moons | 22/100
Owlpaw shook away his frown, purring as his mentor smothered him with affection. He smiled and took a deep breath. She was right, he couldn't give up so quickly. This was his first time after all, so of course he wouldn't be perfect on the get-go. It just meant he'd have to try again, and again, and as many times as he needed to succeed!

Golden eyes locked onto Dreamlight as she demonstrated the correct way to stalk and pounce. He listened carefully, burning her words and movements into his mind until he thought he finally got it down. Alright, so first he needed to crouch down but also make sure to not drag his belly on the ground. Owlpaw did just that, lowering himself into a crouch as Dreamlight had done. Next, he needed to pull his paws closer together and walk softly toward the twig. The ebony apprentice did his best to stalk just like his mentor, crawling towards the twig much more slowly so his paws wouldn't thud so loudly.

He stopped a few tail-lengths away and tried to calculate this distance in his mind's eye. The first time he pounced it was too far from his target, and Dreamlight had suggested putting more power in his jump. And so he did. Owlpaw bunched up his legs that were still too round and too chubby like a kit's. He wiggled his haunches and furrowed his brow with determination. Then... he pounced! ....and then he landed... too far ahead of the twig...

Great StarClan! Why couldn't he get this right?! Owlpaw glared at the twig as if it were its fault that he couldn't pounce right. Then he sent another shameful look to his mentor, before shaking his owlish head and getting back up. No! He wasn't going to curl up and cry about this. He wasn't a kit anymore... okay he was but only until one more moon! Owlpaw would try again, and again, and again until he got it down perfectly!

He already had the stalking bit down, now he just needed to get his pouncing right! The ebony apprentice rushed away from the twig and dropped back down, stalking faster and quieter than he had last time. He stopped a shorter distance away from the twig and pounced again... and missed. Again!

Owlpaw rushed back, stalked his way toward the twig, and pounced... and missed for the fourth time in a row. Urgh, Again!

Blah blah blah, he rushed back, stalked, pounced, and missed so many more times that it would have been better to just stalk so close to the twig that he could breathe on it. He wouldn't have to pounce if he did that, but if the twig were alive it would notice his presence and flee in a heartbeat...

One more time... just one more... 19th time is the charm, right? So Owlpaw reluctantly trudged back to the starting point and lazily stalked toward the twig. He had the stalking bit down so well by this point that his pawsteps were quite nearly inaudible. He stopped a tail's length away again and waited.

What was he doing wrong? Why couldn't he get his legs to pounce at the exact length he needed? Owlpaw took a breath, forcing himself to steady his nerves and focus on that star-damned twig. With golden eyes locked on his target, he bunched up his muscles and threw himself at the twig, paws stretched out in front of him... and finally, for the love of StarClan, he did it.

Owlpaw landed with a thud on the twig, snapping it in two like Littlepaw had done before. If the ebony apprentice could speak he would have shouted with joy. He finally did it! Sure, it took him twenty tries but that didn't matter right now! All that mattered was that the cursed stick was broken, which meant he had passed his first hunting lesson... which meant he had to try it out for real now... on a rabbit. Oh StarClan, he was doomed.

@Moonraven

Image of my oc was created using Clangen Cat Maker

Dreamlight grinned brightly as Owlpaw cheered up at once, after watching her he got right back into trying again, and again, and again. The first failure resulted in another troubling look, but Dreamlight found she didn't need to bother with reassurance as the silent apprentice got his act together pretty quickly. The molly found herself taking a seat, eyes focused on watching Owlpaw repeated attempts, each one a little better than the last. Finally, after a while, he got the technique down and pounced on the stick.

Dreamlight swiftly sprung to her paws and went to congratulate the tom. "Ahhh! You did it! You are just the greatest apprentice." Dreamlight purred loudly, moving to nuzzle the younger cat once again. When she pulled away she stretched and pointed her nose in the air, scenting. The rabbit scent he had originally picked up was long gone by now, so she had to find a new one. Thankfully rabbits were abundant in this territory.

"Come on, follow me!" The bright-eyed warrior exclaimed, darting into some long grass. The process of locating a rabbit to hunt proved to take a bit longer than usual, as Dreamlight had to pass up rabbit after rabbit as she noticed most of them were just a bit too large for her precious Owlpaw. After restarting her search for the sixth time, she finally found a younger rabbit, alone, and small enough that Owlpaw wouldn't get hurt trying to catch it.

It was near the woodsy part of the territory, so some ways off from where they had originally started. Crouching down, tucked underneath some heather. Dreamlight turned to the apprentice she's been towing around for a bit. "You tired?" She asked, wondering if all this moving had exhausted the apprentice. "Think you got enough energy to catch that rabbit? You won't need to chase it, this time, I'll chase it towards you so that way all you have to do is catch it."

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old August 23rd, 2023, 05:36 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

scorchedfang

Fellcone had lowered himself to the ground, tucking his paws beneath him to become a certified loaf. He watched Frozen for but a moment, observing him as he took slow, seemingly hesitant bites. "It was in the grasses a few fox-lengths from here, pulling on a worm. If anyone had tried anything, I would have still been here to deal with it." Deal with it, with his claws severing their throat. Fellcone absent-mindedly flexed his claws into the dirt. "Try to finish it, you need it." Basically a skeleton, how did it get so bad? He would need to work on that.

Camp or not, they would need to make this spot cozier if Frozen wanted to stay. The rain was gone for now, but who knew when it would return? All it took was a single storm to make them sick, or worse. "We do not need to go back." He did not care for camp either, too much noise after moons of being alone. One, two cats were enough for him. He never would understand the appeal of camp. "But we should make a shelter if you intend on using this spot. Or, at least relocate to that tree of yours." his choice.

[ @Fawn ]
Old August 23rd, 2023, 09:57 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Frozenberry -

He was quickly seeing the probem.

Frozenberry didn't want to go back to camp. (granted, neither did falcon- just another way they were weirdos, together) But he also didn't want to make a shelter either. Couldn't bring himself to do it, and in likelihood it'd be Falcon doing the work regardless but- too much effort. Didn't want to move to his preexisting shelter of the tree, but maybe would relent on that one if it didn't come with an additional downfall of being too small for two.

The "shelter dilemma" probably was the least problematic part of the situation, in reality. Him and Falcon here together, his own failure to promote survival by FALLING ASLEEP, and Falcon bringing him a sparrow.. there was a lot to unpack and it was paralyzing.

Discontent, he made a noise reflecting that. Long, drawn out, a little annoyed. "How does anyone like this territory." Why was there no shelter anywhere?

he kinda wanted to just be carried off. not by a real bird but the one in name would be fine.

@BEAR.
Content + Interaction Warning
This character frequently explores themes of mental health, extreme violence, abuse, trauma, and self-harm.

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old August 24th, 2023, 09:18 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafie View Post

Littlepaw
semi long furred grey and white tabby ▵ She/Her ▵ 18/100 ▵ Kittysoftpaws-active, Ultimate predator-inactive
❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

Seeing as they were now close to the prey she dropped down into a crouch position like she did before they moved on. Littlepaw glanced over to see that her mentor was now beside her, staring down the same rabbit. She noticed him looking around for what she guessed were other predators and distractions. She knew for sure that she didn't want to get snatched by some big bird, that would be a sad fate. She listened to him tell her what his plan was, something that didn't sound too difficult to do. Littlepaw was sure she could handle doing that, of course, she wondered how chasing one would go. Chasing sounded taxing, especially if those rabbits ran fast as the wind. "That sounds like a good idea" she gave a nod towards Leechscar.

@Undertaker
══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Leechscar said nothing after her confirmation, he made to raise his tail but then paused and turned his head to speak lowly. "Stay hidden, I'll get the hunt started." He'd work on making sure she understood tail signals later. The tom darted off, moving rather swiftly for someone of his hefty size and dove into some more long grass. He carefully softened his paw steps, creeping around the rabbit until he was directly in front of it. Tensing the muscles in his hind legs, the warrior sprung making sure to land to the side rather than on top of the prey. Like the dumb prey animal that Leechscar knew they were, the rabbit spooked and bolted straight towards the hidden apprentice. Leechscar rapidly darted behind it, he was hoping she'd catch it but in case that she didn't he'd have to chase it down.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old August 27th, 2023, 09:51 AM
im back i swear it

Bump Policy: 2 Days
My Mood: Thinking

Littlepaw
semi-long furred grey and white tabby ▵ She/Her ▵ 22/100 ▵ Kittysoftpaws-active, Ultimate predator-inactive
❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

Littlepaw nodded at his words; she didn't know what he was doing with his tail; maybe it meant something. Something else he probably would end up teaching her; this was going to be a lot of remembering for her hoped she kept it all in. Once she lost sight of him, she went into crouch the same way she had practiced and readied herself. The gray molly kept her eyes trained forward as she waited to lunge for the kill. And it seemed she didn't have to wait that terribly long when she heard the signs of grass being shifted and then finally the poor victim. Once she had full eyesight of the prey coming right at her, she put all her strength into her launch and landed on the poor rabbit, biting down on its neck, instantly killing it. The apprentice stood up and looked at her mentor in the face, awaiting his response or even a reaction to her catch.

@Undertaker
══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Springburst/ Sunpaw / Wispypaw

Old August 27th, 2023, 12:41 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

*-Lichenpaw-*
19/100
she/her | 7moons
small and scruffy calico she-cat with one blinding eye

Racing after her mentor out of camp and into WindClan's expansive territory, leaf in her mouth, clamped tightly between her teeth, Lichenpaw was thrilled at being outside camp. Helping the clan was fulfilling, too, sure, but she was more excited to be out in the territory. What had Lightningpaw called the leaf? Catmint? Hmm... she'd thought Sleethound had called it dock or something like that. Were there multiple names for it? Whatever it didn't matter to her, she's not a medicine cat.

"C'mon slowpokes!" The half blind calico called to her patrol mates around the leaf in her mouth, urging them to hurry up.

<><><><><>

sleethound - @saturn. || ramhawk - @Roo_!
Old August 27th, 2023, 02:55 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

@Leafie
Leechscar gave an impressed grunt to his amusement, Littlepaw timed her jump correctly and managed to take down the rabbit. "Huh, looks like I'll make a huntress out of you after all." He meowed, slowing his steps as he approached her. It was weird feeling pride in someone other than himself or his kin, but let's shove that down quickly.

"So after you catch something you got to hide it somewhere. You can do that two ways, either dig a hole big enough to bury it in shallowly or hide under a bush or the crevice of a rock, somewhere you'll remember to come back and get it when you're hunting more than one prey." Leechscar explained to her.

"If you got the energy I can teach you how to hunt something other than rabbits, like birds, I enjoy hunting those, or we can go and find Dreamlight and Owlpaw and see how they're doing."Leechscar didn't really care what they did so long as he found it productive. He could teach her how to chase down a rabbit, but he didn't feel like doing that right this second, boring if you asked him.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder