Today 07:37 AM

Old May 7th, 2021, 06:07 AM
Why bother?

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: The Weeping Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
[I swear I don't keep disappearing on purpose, heh]

The calico watched a moment, intrigued by how Sweetpaw approached the tree and placed a paw upon the bark. It was touching, the way she understood the weight of this place. "In a sorts." Kestrelflame agreed. "When I was an apprentice, the whole forest caught fire, leaving our home in ruins. ThunderClan was forced to leave, losing many cats of all ages at the time. RiverClan took us in and situated us by their camp to heal. Duskstar, the leader at the time, did a horrid job, even so we foraged a new camp further in the forest, the old one burning to ashes." The warrior would explain. "This tree, serves as a memorial to those who lost their lives that day. Each claw mark is a representative of a former Clanmate that died that day." Kestrelflame finished, scanning the tree once more. The history within their land was rich. It was a history that needed passed on to the next generation of warriors. Even if it did not effect the lives of cats to come directly, the reasons why they lived where they did was because of the fire. Thus, it was important information to share.

The young apprentice listened intently, looking up at the tree's bark and to each claw mark for each fallen clanmate. "So many..." She breathed out. "Did..you lose anyone in the fire?" Sweetpaw turned her large green eyes onto Kestrelflame, wondering if she had grieved for anyone who had perished in such a tumultuous moment. "How many moons ago was it?" Sweetpaw could only imagine the fates for the cats who could just up and flee. Elders, the sick, kits and heavily expecting queens. Sweetpaw felt that she could hear the horrified wails and screeches, and she looked around them, envisioning the cats desperately trying to run from the blazing forest. It made her heart ache.

(No worries!)
Old May 10th, 2021, 01:52 AM
Dazzling star dust ✨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiabirb View Post
The young apprentice listened intently, looking up at the tree's bark and to each claw mark for each fallen clanmate. "So many..." She breathed out. "Did..you lose anyone in the fire?" Sweetpaw turned her large green eyes onto Kestrelflame, wondering if she had grieved for anyone who had perished in such a tumultuous moment. "How many moons ago was it?" Sweetpaw could only imagine the fates for the cats who could just up and flee. Elders, the sick, kits and heavily expecting queens. Sweetpaw felt that she could hear the horrified wails and screeches, and she looked around them, envisioning the cats desperately trying to run from the blazing forest. It made her heart ache.

(No worries!)

Her yellow eyes flickered back to Sweetpaw with her words. A lot of cats had died back then, she had that right. Kestrelflame was not quiet sure how to answer the question. While it was a simple question, she had been wrapped up in the dark forest at the time. Not really having anyone aside from her brother around her. Even he, she pushed away. However, the calico did remember losing a cat she once deemed a friend. Only she knew they weren't on speaking terms when he had passed. Getting into an argument over trivial matters. "I lost a friend." Kestrelflame admitted, not elaborating any further. Sweetpaw was not required to know her whole history, just a tad. Sharing personal history was not on the agenda today.
Kestrelflame seemed more invested in the next question, her eyes focusing on her apprentice. "Ten moons ago, some of your eldest denmates might have been kits at the time." The calico informed her, recalling that the fire was half her life ago.

[short I know but it late pfft]

I'm leaving wco once I tie up losse ends around here, I appoligize for the Rps that will have to end but I thank you all for being so wonderful, love y'all
Old May 10th, 2021, 06:58 AM
Why bother?

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

Her yellow eyes flickered back to Sweetpaw with her words. A lot of cats had died back then, she had that right. Kestrelflame was not quiet sure how to answer the question. While it was a simple question, she had been wrapped up in the dark forest at the time. Not really having anyone aside from her brother around her. Even he, she pushed away. However, the calico did remember losing a cat she once deemed a friend. Only she knew they weren't on speaking terms when he had passed. Getting into an argument over trivial matters. "I lost a friend." Kestrelflame admitted, not elaborating any further. Sweetpaw was not required to know her whole history, just a tad. Sharing personal history was not on the agenda today.
Kestrelflame seemed more invested in the next question, her eyes focusing on her apprentice. "Ten moons ago, some of your eldest denmates might have been kits at the time." The calico informed her, recalling that the fire was half her life ago.

[short I know but it late pfft]

Sweetpaw sensed that Kestrelflame had no desire to delve into it, and so the small orange-white tabby lookd back up at the tree. Ten moons ago? That..that wasn't long at all. Only two moons since she had been born. Sweetpaw looked back to Kestrelflame, mewing, "What's next?" She asked, curious to see more historic sites for their Clan.

(Sorry for this being shorter, lol.)
Old June 27th, 2021, 08:41 PM
Champion All-Nighter

My Mood: Proud

Nightpaw gave one last glance around the clearing before moving to the entrance. All the other patrols had left a while ago. She was supposed to hunt with Flyheart, but she hadn't spotted her patrolmate yet. Not sure what else to do, she picked up her pace once outside of the camp.

After a short jog, she arrived at the Weeping Tree. She had wondered if she had missed Flyheart and the warrior had just left without her, but when Nightpaw noticed that no other cat was here, she decided to hunt by herself. It would be good practice and she could show how well she could hunt without a warrior around.

Parting her jaws, she soon came across the scent of a squirrel. Spinning around to try and pinpoint it's exact location, Nightpaw dropped into a crouch. Creeping toward the smell, she spotted the animal rooting around in the ground. Without wasting any time, she leaped forward, thinking the gap was small enough for her take the squirrel by surprise. The squirrel, however, streaked off toward a tree, skittering up it. Nightpaw was left glaring up at it as it chattered at her from a safe perch.

Maybe she did need a warrior nearby to coach her. Nightpaw knew that she couldn't rely on another cat's advice forever. All she needed was practice. Brightening up a bit, she padded off in search of more prey.

Old July 6th, 2021, 06:40 PM
particles of stars

Iciclepaw was on the cobweb hunt. they always seemed to be running out, no mater how many times it was restocked. She was feeling pretty good, so why not use that energy!! Noticing two thin lower hanging webs- the spider was shaken out by the sudden movement with of the apprentice using a stick to grab it. Okay, okay. This was going alright. Now to get the higher ones. Looking into a hollow side of a small birch tree, the bark semi wet from a recent rain. The cobwebs where quite easy to see now, the droplets of water resting on thin threads. Wrapping three more onto the stick was a fast task - before she knew it, the she-cat was back at camp and into the medicine den.

[Carrying; 5 cobwebs]
Old July 14th, 2021, 09:59 AM

My Mood: Sleepy

Woodheart sat by the tree. This was the second time he came here in a half moon. He gazed up at the sky. He was worried about his sister, and the RiverClan cats ThunderClan had killed. Would Icespark be next?
@WarriorzFan
Old July 14th, 2021, 11:35 AM
S t a r's Apprentice!

My Mood: Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by I draw war cats View Post
Woodheart sat by the tree. This was the second time he came here in a half moon. He gazed up at the sky. He was worried about his sister, and the RiverClan cats ThunderClan had killed. Would Icespark be next?
@WarriorzFan

“Hi, Woodheart, right? I was hoping you could talk to me ‘cause I have nothing to do. I am also super worried about the war and all. What is your opinion on the state of things?
Old July 14th, 2021, 04:14 PM

My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorzFan View Post
“Hi, Woodheart, right? I was hoping you could talk to me ‘cause I have nothing to do. I am also super worried about the war and all. What is your opinion on the state of things?
“Hm?” Woodheart nearly jumped, a bit startled, “Oh, yes, I’m Woodheart. I… I don’t like the idea of the war that’s starting, I’m a bit worried about how both sides will end up” Especially Icespark
Old July 15th, 2021, 01:50 PM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@Lavender'fur

Yarrowshade led her hunting buddy to the Weeping Tree. She was mostly done with everything by now. She wanted to be perfect. This meant she had to leada a perfect patrol.
"OK, guess we're here. Go hunt or whatever, make sure to catch something, I'll do the same." She said and started sniffing the air for prey.
Old July 15th, 2021, 02:12 PM
Random Roleplayer

My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade. View Post
@Lavender'fur

Yarrowshade led her hunting buddy to the Weeping Tree. She was mostly done with everything by now. She wanted to be perfect. This meant she had to leada a perfect patrol.
"OK, guess we're here. Go hunt or whatever, make sure to catch something, I'll do the same." She said and started sniffing the air for prey.
;Ravenstorm;

The Warrior shook out her tired paws, gazing around the area as she did so. Her ears picked up a sound: the scuffling of a mouse.

She dropped into a hunting crouch, stopping herself before falling from the sudden movement. She swerved her eyes towards the sound, spotting the small creature in a bush.

She started prowling towards it.

Five more steps.
Four.
Three.

She readied herself and leaped, landing on top of the mouse and killing it before it could run.

Replies might be slow! Bumps within 24 hours are welcomed and needed. Discord DMs are open if you're waiting for too long.