Today 06:56 AM
The Forest Roars
Last post by Rowan
Today 06:52 AM

Old April 25th, 2020, 10:31 PM
#RedInStead

My Mood: Distracted

Default Re: Thunderglade

Trotting down the boarder, she began marking trees waiting for Quicksilver and Pumapaw. Hearing Quicksilver groan a while away made her chuckle a bit. Looking over, she saw Pumapaw heading up the moor, which annoyed her a bit. She continued to mark the boarder, keeping one eye on Pumapaw as she did such.
@Arie @RedHead
Time sensitive RPs count in this count.

Old April 25th, 2020, 11:12 PM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

-- @RedHead --
{ Doetraining }
Doepaw nodded slightly to her mentor's words and then slowly, still sticking close to him, followed him as they moved over to something that smelled to be a tree and slowly bonked her head against it, before scenting all the apparent Thunderclan scent that was on it. "So... is...this...a... border... marker?" she asked quietly and unsure. She didn't like making assumptions but it seemed to be the only thing she could do at this moment. Still sticking to Flintspirit like glue she was relieved when she heard the retreating steps of the Windclan cats. "Are... are... Windclan... cats... more...dangerous...than... other... clans? Because...they...seemed...quite... angry."
--
{ Pumatraining }

@RedHead @Wings

Pumapaw changed direct, a small teeny tiny small grin on her face. Getting a rile out of Quicksilver was always... entertaining to say the least and she... took a certain pride in being able to get him this... agitated. But she ran down to where Hawkstride was marking the border and observed the she-cat carefully. She assumed she would have to go do this herself on her next lesson and watched carefully, her ears still pointing back to where Quicksilver was ranting. "I'm not the one that's doing the blabbering now am I? Get on with it! We have borders to patrol and you're acting like an elder, sitting and talking with the deputy of Thunderclan. That won't do your reputation any good will it?" She then walked all the way over to Hawkstride and kept observing the way the she-cat would weave in and out of the trees, brushing her cheek against them.. So that was how you marked the borders. Deciding that maybe she should try to see if she herself could do it, she walked down to the tree and standing on her hindlegs she brushed her cheek against the border and extremely happy with herself the hyper apprentice jumped up and down on her spot before running further down to catch up with Hawkstride who'd moved further along the border.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee

Last edited by Arie; May 11th, 2020 at 11:34 AM.
Old April 26th, 2020, 01:48 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Slowly, but surely, the shore would fade away as Aspenbreeze led them back up hill and into a shallow wooded area, taking a moment to feel the cool, lush grass between her toes.

"Ok, Smoulderpaw," She started, "This is our border with ThunderClan." It was almost impossible to suppress a yawn. Nothing interested ever happened at this border anymore. Stopping just a few paces away from it, Aspenbreeze raised her muzzle towards to the sky, drinking in the scents around them,

"ThunderClan has been patrolling here recently, but as long as we don't cross the border there shouldn't be any issues... not like they'd do anything anyway," She grumbled under her breath in amusement, turning to face her apprentice. "ThunderClans's leader is Duskstar, don't know much about her.. but her deputy is Flintspirit. Poor cat used to be leader before her, but guess he didn't have the gall to step up to the plate." Aspenbreeze shrugged, "Or maybe he was just tired? Don't know, don't really care. Uhh... Anything else....? Mmm..." The wheels in her brain were visibly turning as she tried to recollect any important information about them, before she just shook her head with a sigh,

"Ack.. can't think of anything else to say about them really... Do you have any questions?"

@Beau

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart
Old April 26th, 2020, 02:49 PM
all that i’ll ever need

@Dust
Smolderpaw breathed deeply of the cat scent wafting on the breeze from over the scent line. It was mixed with the leafy scent of forest undergrowth and the musk of leaf mold but lacked the sharp piney note that Shadowclan’s had. It would be easy to remember. Aspenbreeze mentioned that a Thunderclan patrol had been there recently, and Smolderpaw tested the air again to see how she could tell. How had she discerned the newer scent of recently passing cats from the stagnant scent of the territory? Concentrating all of his attention on the smells around him, he tried to find the difference. The Thunderclan scent was sharp and tickled his nose very similarly to Aspenbreeze’s scent. He compared it in his mind to the scent that had been at the Shadowclan border and realized the Thunderclan scent was clearer. That must have been how she knew. When his mentor asked for questions, he shook away his thoughts and his little feeling of pride at having figured it out and thought about any questions he might have. “I don’t have a question about Thunderclan specifically,” he began, “but I was wondering how leaders are chosen and what makes them different from other cats.” Then, Smolderpaw figured he should check to make sure he had been correct in his earlier thoughts about scent distinction, “also- you mentioned that a patrol had recently passed by. How do you tell the difference between the regular scent of the border and the scent after a patrol has gone by?”
Old April 26th, 2020, 04:06 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Aspenbreeze nodded her head along to his question, raising a brow in thought,

"Well, they aren't any different at all. Of course.. they've been blessed by StarClan, but besides that they're just like any other warrior in the clan. The only real difference is that they act as... well, a leader! The safety and every-day life of the clan is in their paws. A lot of responsibility if you ask me," she sniffed, "Generally speaking, ones who are strong-willed, loyal, and productive in their clan move up in these ranks. It's always an idea to get in good with your leader or deputy... Forms a strong bond with your clan, and it's always comforting to know you have others to rely on." Hopefully that would satiate his curiosity on that - otherwise she'd just have to send him back to Twilightstar and have her explain.

"Oh? Well, the borders are our scent. The stronger the smell the more recent is it. If the scent is more stale? You guessed it - it's old. Even if they don't specifically mark it, the wind will usually carry their scent over though." She shrugged, "I'm not sure how recent is recent, but definitely within the past few days. Here if you come here, we'll mark the border now." She motioned for Smoulderpaw to follow as she followed the scent lines, rubbing her sides up against a few trees and clumps of grass.

"You may leave a bit of a strange scent, since you haven't been in WindClan for very long, but they'll get the idea. Alright, let's check out the ShadowClan border and then we'll head back to camp."

@Beau

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart
Old April 26th, 2020, 04:42 PM
all that i’ll ever need

@Dust
Smolderpaw was pleased not to hear an edge to Aspenbreeze’s voice when she answered and he responded by listening closely. The young tom nodded thoughtfully and meowed, “I’ve met Brindlejaw. He seems nice and like he’s good at his job. I’m not sure I’m ‘in’ with him but I wouldn’t mind talking to him again. Hopefully he feels similar. Twilightstar is amazing- she must be what all leaders aspire to be!” Smolderpaw had the typical kid mindset of blowing things out of proportion. He didn’t really know Twilightstar or her methods enough to accurately say that, but she had taken a chance on him and given him something he really wanted and to the young tom, that made her close to perfect. “I would like to be on Twilightstar’s good side. I really wanna show her that she didn’t make a mistake by letting me join Windclan.” His fur bristled with determination and his jaw set confidently as he imagined becoming a great warrior for Windclan and repaying Twilightstar’s trust in him. He did still have questions, though, and asked curiously, “how are they blessed?” Smolderpaw had a vague idea of who Starclan was but that seemed to fall under one of the topics that Twilightstar had assigned either to herself of Brindlejaw to teach him and the two other new cats.

“Oh, that makes sense,” he responded to Aspenbreeze’s explanation of the scent. He had been fairly correct and he gave himself a mental pat on the back. When his mentor invited him to help her mark the border, Smolderpaw stepped forward eagerly. He was happy to do a real clan duty. The young ginger tom rubbed against a bundle of heather and a boulder around the size of him. Then, he trotted after Aspenbreeze in the direction of the Shadowclan border.
Old April 27th, 2020, 05:08 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

[FONT="Arial"]Coldsong had been tired of the lack of patrols since the coyote invasion. He'd think the deputy or leader would be extra on top of patrols and guards now, but apparently he thinks too highly of them.

Starting with the ThunderClan border, Coldsong began working his scent across the usual spots, making sure not to overdo it or push the border back.

Last edited by Doom; April 27th, 2020 at 05:34 PM.
Old April 27th, 2020, 07:19 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Flintspirit gave one last chuckle as the Windclan cats headed off, before turning and heading down the border, tapping Doepaw's shoulder to get her to follow. "Yes, Thunderclan usually uses things like trees and bushes as our border markers. As you'll smell though, our old ones are quite faint as they haven't been used in a while." Flintspirit marked one of the ones as they padded along, before turning to face Doepaw. "We'll walk along the border here and remark them all. I'll leave a few in between here and there for you to do, so you can get the practice in." The tom then turned and padded along the borderline, marking each marker, save it for the few in between that he left for Doepaw. Once they'd traveled the whole scent line, Flintspirit turned to face Doepaw again. "Alright, now that that's taken care of, let's head back to camp for the day."

@Arie

---

Quicksilver angrily stomped after Pumapaw, who had thankfully heeded some of his instructions and was now paying attention to Hawkstride and how the she-cat was marking the border. That had to count for something at least, right? He decided not to respond to his apprentice's wisecracking comment, instead just giving her a glare before turning to do a couple of the scent markers on his own. They still had to get this patrol done.
Once it was completed, the silver tabby turned to his two companions, though he gave Hawkstride most of his attention. "Alright, that's the last of the border. Should we head back?" He then cast Pumapaw a glance, before rolling his eyes. "I wanna get miss bouncypaws here decides its a good idea to run all the way to Shadowclan's territory."

@Wings @Arie

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old April 27th, 2020, 08:12 PM
#RedInStead

My Mood: Distracted

Finishing her last tree, she nodded to Quicksilver. Catching sight of Pumapaw finishing up the boarder, she trotted ahead. Today was... kinda pleasant. It was eventful but, not in a bad way. Then again, it wasn't all that good. They had ran into the ThunderClan deputy... literately in Pumapaw's case and had finished marking the boarder with no other interruptions.
@RedHead @Arie
Time sensitive RPs count in this count.

Old May 3rd, 2020, 08:33 AM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

@TeamRiverRipple @Lynxpaw @Moon Lily

An annoyed Bushpaw would narrow his eyes at the late apprentice, but ultimately turn around and say nothing. He didn’t like this Littlewish. What an odd, idiotic cat. But as the patrol headed out, Bushpaw followed. He didn’t take the lead; he stuck by Rabbitleap, hoping she realized how much he’d held in. Honestly, though he was a bit of a pain, as he’d been told, Bushpaw wanted to impress Rabbitleap. He wanted someone to be proud of him. His parents never were.

The trek was overall rather boring until the got to the ThunderClan border. Or, at least, he thought it was the border. WindClan scent seemed to push into ThunderClan woods. He didn’t know whether he should mention it or... free territory? Bushpaw would keep his mouth shut. If someone else spoke up, he would. He looked at Rabbitleap for his next instructions. He definitely trusted her more than Littleweird.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]