Doves did always guide oss
Last post by Luminous
Today 02:36 AM

Old October 14th, 2022, 05:56 PM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: RiverClan Elders' Den

[i don't mind the powerplaying] [ cloudkit is a pure white she-cat with blue eyes and i'd say she's be 2 moons old by now]

Cloudkit giggled as she was on top of the elder then feeling the elder move she slid down luckily the elder catched her and set her down in front of her" that was fun!!!!" she meowed spinning in circles then jumping up and down
@Rabbiteye-ball @Quietheart

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up
Old October 14th, 2022, 06:52 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietheart View Post
Amberbright

|95 Moons|

Even as old as she was the calico instinctively stirred at the sound of her sons dull claws scraping the soft earth of the elders den. Her eyes open as she roused herself from sleep, Slatestripes hushed voice slipping through the entrance into her waiting ears. Getting older sure isn't making waking up any easier. The tired she cat stifled a yawn as she looked up at the shadow in the shape of a cat, barley visible but for gleaming amber eyes.

It must still be dark. Her acknowledgement of the time of day quickly sobered her thoughts as she realized what Slatestripe had to say must be important. "What is it dear?" As she spoke she padded past him to the entrance flicking her tail as a sign for him to follow so that they might be out of earshot of the other elders. The gathering had past, and even though the moon was waning it shone brilliantly bathing the opening in its silver light.

She waited for her son to draw closer to her, concern gnawing at her stomach.

Slatestripe quietly followed his mother out of the elders’ den and into the light of the clearing. He glanced around, finding that nobody else seemed to be nearby. Not that what he had to say was top secret or anything, but cats got to assuming all sorts of things when one brought matters of ambition into it.

He took a few moments to find the right words to say. His dull claws scratched at the earth, leaving little indents in the dirt. The grass seemed to be yellowing with the passing of the seasons.

Finally, he said what was on his mind. “About a moon ago, I met Mintpaw. You probably remember her from her ceremony recently; she’s Fawnleap’s apprentice? Anyways, I taught her how to swim when she was still a kit. The first time we met, I found her collecting stones from the shallows by the nursery. It reminded me of Rainglow; maybe that’s why I was drawn to her. She showed me this one stone in particular.”

He paused. He’d spent the past moon wondering if he was truly crazy for trying to find meaning out of a stone. He wasn’t a medicine cat. “This stone looked like me. Even Mintpaw saw the resemblance. It was a black stone with gray lines, something like that. She found it in the middle of a bunch of other stones. All of these other stones looked different from one another. Like a Clan.

“And I guess I’m wondering… is that some sort of sign? I’ve been thinking about it for so long now. Is it… Is it some sort of sign that maybe I’m meant to be leader one day?”
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old October 14th, 2022, 09:35 PM

My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry~ View Post

Slatestripe quietly followed his mother out of the elders’ den and into the light of the clearing. He glanced around, finding that nobody else seemed to be nearby. Not that what he had to say was top secret or anything, but cats got to assuming all sorts of things when one brought matters of ambition into it.

He took a few moments to find the right words to say. His dull claws scratched at the earth, leaving little indents in the dirt. The grass seemed to be yellowing with the passing of the seasons.

Finally, he said what was on his mind. “About a moon ago, I met Mintpaw. You probably remember her from her ceremony recently; she’s Fawnleap’s apprentice? Anyways, I taught her how to swim when she was still a kit. The first time we met, I found her collecting stones from the shallows by the nursery. It reminded me of Rainglow; maybe that’s why I was drawn to her. She showed me this one stone in particular.”

He paused. He’d spent the past moon wondering if he was truly crazy for trying to find meaning out of a stone. He wasn’t a medicine cat. “This stone looked like me. Even Mintpaw saw the resemblance. It was a black stone with gray lines, something like that. She found it in the middle of a bunch of other stones. All of these other stones looked different from one another. Like a Clan.

“And I guess I’m wondering… is that some sort of sign? I’ve been thinking about it for so long now. Is it… Is it some sort of sign that maybe I’m meant to be leader one day?”
Amberbright

|95 Moons|

As Slatestripe began his tale, the elder listened cooly. None of her body language gave any indication that this was anything other than a normal conversation. The orange orbs that rested on her face scanned her son with intensity and focus as she absorbed every piece of info he gave her. Mintpaws white fur and crisp cold blue eyes floated through her thoughts, as she did indeed remember the young cats ceremony. She stifled a purr at the thought of her son teaching a kit to swim. She knew he was a bigger softy than he let most knew, but handling a kit, however mature must have proved quite a handful.

Just another reminder of his dedication and devotion to the clan. She was also touched by the knowledge that their own family was so tight knit. After all Slatestripe had seen Rainglow in the young apprentice, showing his fondness for his brother, her other son. As he explained the stones and the strangeness of the event Amberbright sensed the tension in his voice. He seemed to be feeling uneasy acknowledging the fact that such an event might be prophetic. Good. The wise old cat was glad to see he hadn't let himself be overtaken by the self indulgent notion that he might be destined for leadership.

On the other hand as a mother, she could not be more elated by the possibility of her son aspiring to such heights. She steadied her feelings before she answered however. "That is something." She allowed her amber eyes to show intrigue at the story. The old cat gathered her small tail at her paws, letting it wiggle slightly transfixed on its movements. Thinking. She slowly raised her head after some time had passed, looking through her son who blended into the stary night. "Well I wont deny that such an event may be prophetic in nature." She spoke with a wistful far away tone, and just a hint of caution.

"However even if you or I are to believe that it is a sign from StarClan, the very nature of prophecy means you will be guided to this future." She gave his torn ear a quick lick. "If our ancestors have chosen you it is because of the merits you already possess. I think you should act as if you never saw it, just be the cat you already are. One who is loyal, hardworking, and who looks after the clan."

"Only those who try, will become." Khimari Ronso

Last edited by Quietheart; October 14th, 2022 at 09:36 PM.
Old October 14th, 2022, 10:19 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Quote:
Amberbright

|95 Moons|

As Slatestripe began his tale, the elder listened cooly. None of her body language gave any indication that this was anything other than a normal conversation. The orange orbs that rested on her face scanned her son with intensity and focus as she absorbed every piece of info he gave her. Mintpaws white fur and crisp cold blue eyes floated through her thoughts, as she did indeed remember the young cats ceremony. She stifled a purr at the thought of her son teaching a kit to swim. She knew he was a bigger softy than he let most knew, but handling a kit, however mature must have proved quite a handful.

Just another reminder of his dedication and devotion to the clan. She was also touched by the knowledge that their own family was so tight knit. After all Slatestripe had seen Rainglow in the young apprentice, showing his fondness for his brother, her other son. As he explained the stones and the strangeness of the event Amberbright sensed the tension in his voice. He seemed to be feeling uneasy acknowledging the fact that such an event might be prophetic. Good. The wise old cat was glad to see he hadn't let himself be overtaken by the self indulgent notion that he might be destined for leadership.

On the other hand as a mother, she could not be more elated by the possibility of her son aspiring to such heights. She steadied her feelings before she answered however. "That is something." She allowed her amber eyes to show intrigue at the story. The old cat gathered her small tail at her paws, letting it wiggle slightly transfixed on its movements. Thinking. She slowly raised her head after some time had passed, looking through her son who blended into the stary night. "Well I wont deny that such an event may be prophetic in nature." She spoke with a wistful far away tone, and just a hint of caution.

"However even if you or I are to believe that it is a sign from StarClan, the very nature of prophecy means you will be guided to this future." She gave his torn ear a quick lick. "If our ancestors have chosen you it is because of the merits you already possess. I think you should act as if you never saw it, just be the cat you already are. One who is loyal, hardworking, and who looks after the clan."

Be the cat you already are.

That made sense to him. He felt the tension start to leave his body. He'd spent the past moon turning this whole thing over in his mind, again and again. He'd been desperate to find out if it was a sign from StarClan, because in his mind if it was that meant he had to act accordingly. But, his mother was right. If it truly was prophetic, that meant it was destined to happen no matter what. If it was just a coincidence, then his life would go on as normal anyways.

He affectionately flicked his tail over his mother's ears in response to her lick. "Thank you. Sometimes, if I'm being honest, I feel like I wouldn't be a good enough leader. I mean, I never thought about it before the whole stone thing. If StarClan has destined my paws to be on this path, then I don't know... What if I can't handle it? I don't know the first thing about leading a whole Clan! I can handle kits and apprentices, but they're different."

He looked up at the stars. "Then again, lately I've been finding myself thinking about how RiverClan could be different. Like with Slatewhisker's funeral. What if we did funerals differently? Made it into an actual tradition instead of just sitting around feeling sad and then burying them? Or with the rogue situation. Maybe RiverClan needs to work harder on our battle skills than we have been. We mostly just focus on swimming and fishing."

He looked back down at his mother when he was finished. Once again, he couldn't help but feel that these roles should be reversed. It should be her thinking about leadership; not him. Of course, she couldn't become leader as an elder. But if she was still a warrior; she should've been thinking these things instead of him.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old October 15th, 2022, 07:48 AM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SilverShine~ View Post
[i don't mind the powerplaying] [ cloudkit is a pure white she-cat with blue eyes and i'd say she's be 2 moons old by now]

Cloudkit giggled as she was on top of the elder then feeling the elder move she slid down luckily the elder catched her and set her down in front of her" that was fun!!!!" she meowed spinning in circles then jumping up and down
@Quietheart
Webkit shrieked and battered at the elder as he was pulled in. "Let goo of mee!" He yowled. When at last the stupid fur-ball elder freed him, he sat down out of reach and glared at her.
//Powerplay fine, quite different from usual

//Webkit is the same age as Cloudkit. He is black and brown with white spots and brown eyes.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old October 15th, 2022, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbiteye-ball View Post
@Quietheart
Webkit shrieked and battered at the elder as he was pulled in. "Let goo of mee!" He yowled. When at last the stupid fur-ball elder freed him, he sat down out of reach and glared at her.
//Powerplay fine, quite different from usual

//Webkit is the same age as Cloudkit. He is black and brown with white spots and brown eyes.
Quote:
Amberbright

|95 Moons|

Quote:

Amberbright

|95 Moons|

Amberbright gave a soft raspy chuckle at the two vastly different responses. She folded her old paws daintily in front of her bringing herself back to a relaxed resting position. I love kits, they are so honest at this age. Her amber eyes gleamed with amusement as the black and brown tom with white spots placed himself at a safe distance. Taking a stab at why the kits might have come to the elders den the aged wily calico teased the tom, "Your gonna have to get closer if you wanna hear a story, I'm so old I don't know if my voice will carry that far." She let her voice be a soft whisper and she paused tactically before adding "I know a big brave warrior like you isn't scared of elderly kitty like me?"

Amberbright brought her head low to the nearer white ball of fluff below her. "Would you like that, little one. A story?" The tiny kits sparkling blue eyes drummed up her sense of motherly affection and she gave the she kit a quick lick over the head to settle her fur.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As she watched the silhouette of Slatestripe, she noticed he was allowing himself to become more relaxed. It felt good for Amberbright to be of some use, and to be able to assuage the worries her son carried on his shoulders. They were the heavy worries of a younger cat, not yet tested, feelings of being unproven before the world around him. As he spoke of teaching apprentices and kits she felt he was downplaying the significance of that experience. "It's not as different as you might think." The images of guiding her own kits filled her mind, chastising them when they disobeyed, picking them up when they fell. All the while walking the myriad grey decisions in between, avoiding the fine lines that might bring them to a full life, or a quick death.

"A great leader with his clan is always thinking of them as precious. Watching over them like a queen with her kits. He knows when they are giving sound advice, and when they need to be reigned in." The calico's body stiffened under her grey black fur, the old muscles making her sit rigidly upright. "If you feel you don't know the answers, turn to the cats you believe in. Relying on the very clan you are trying to nurture will build a bond of trust." She relaxed her face allowing her maw to widen in a smile.

"Even I don't expect you not to make mistakes. Sure cats will hold you to a higher standard, but as long as you recognize and attempt to reconcile those misfortunes you will have your clans respect. And respect is the highest honor a leader can achieve, don't let any cat tell you different. If they do I'll claw their ears off." Amberbright fell silent as she listened to the ambitions of her son. She was pleased he took the possibility of leadership so seriously, he was already considering ways to help his clan. Even as a deputy he could achieve these things as long as he could reach the ears of the disheveled Pikestar. His goals were realistic and achievable. She had raised a fine son.

Once Slatestripe had finished Amberbright had her eyes fixed into his channeling all her pride and warmth into his own amber gaze. "Those are fine plans!" Pride swelled in her spilling over into her voice. "As long as you temper that ambition with sound advice from the clan I think you will make a fine leader one day." She couldn't stop herself from stepping forward and nuzzling her son with an undignified purr escaping her throat.

Last edited by Quietheart; October 16th, 2022 at 09:05 PM.
Old October 15th, 2022, 11:05 AM

My Mood: Aggressive

Otterpaw walked in.

“Does anybody need anything?..” He shyly asked.

{Open to reply}

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt7bzxurJ1I
Old October 15th, 2022, 01:04 PM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Cloudkit ran closer to the elder" STORY STORY!!!?!?!?!?!?" she meowed loudly wanting to hear a story her fur became smooth as the elder licked her head the she-kit could barely settle down
@Quietheart @Rabbiteye-ball

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up
Old October 17th, 2022, 06:56 AM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Quote:
Amberbright

|95 Moons|

Amberbright gave a soft raspy chuckle at the two vastly different responses. She folded her old paws daintily in front of her bringing herself back to a relaxed resting position. I love kits, they are so honest at this age. Her amber eyes gleamed with amusement as the black and brown tom with white spots placed himself at a safe distance. Taking a stab at why the kits might have come to the elders den the aged wily calico teased the tom, "Your gonna have to get closer if you wanna hear a story, I'm so old I don't know if my voice will carry that far." She let her voice be a soft whisper and she paused tactically before adding "I know a big brave warrior like you isn't scared of elderly kitty like me?"

Amberbright brought her head low to the nearer white ball of fluff below her. "Would you like that, little one. A story?" The tiny kits sparkling blue eyes drummed up her sense of motherly affection and she gave the she kit a quick lick over the head to settle her fur.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As she watched the silhouette of Slatestripe, she noticed he was allowing himself to become more relaxed. It felt good for Amberbright to be of some use, and to be able to assuage the worries her son carried on his shoulders. They were the heavy worries of a younger cat, not yet tested, feelings of being unproven before the world around him. As he spoke of teaching apprentices and kits she felt he was downplaying the significance of that experience. "It's not as different as you might think." The images of guiding her own kits filled her mind, chastising them when they disobeyed, picking them up when they fell. All the while walking the myriad grey decisions in between, avoiding the fine lines that might bring them to a full life, or a quick death.

"A great leader with his clan is always thinking of them as precious. Watching over them like a queen with her kits. He knows when they are giving sound advice, and when they need to be reigned in." The calico's body stiffened under her grey black fur, the old muscles making her sit rigidly upright. "If you feel you don't know the answers, turn to the cats you believe in. Relying on the very clan you are trying to nurture will build a bond of trust." She relaxed her face allowing her maw to widen in a smile.

"Even I don't expect you not to make mistakes. Sure cats will hold you to a higher standard, but as long as you recognize and attempt to reconcile those misfortunes you will have your clans respect. And respect is the highest honor a leader can achieve, don't let any cat tell you different. If they do I'll claw their ears off." Amberbright fell silent as she listened to the ambitions of her son. She was pleased he took the possibility of leadership so seriously, he was already considering ways to help his clan. Even as a deputy he could achieve these things as long as he could reach the ears of the disheveled Pikestar. His goals were realistic and achievable. She had raised a fine son.

Once Slatestripe had finished Amberbright had her eyes fixed into his channeling all her pride and warmth into his own amber gaze. "Those are fine plans!" Pride swelled in her spilling over into her voice. "As long as you temper that ambition with sound advice from the clan I think you will make a fine leader one day." She couldn't stop herself from stepping forward and nuzzling her son with an undignified purr escaping her throat.
Quote:
Cloudkit ran closer to the elder" STORY STORY!!!?!?!?!?!?" she meowed loudly wanting to hear a story her fur became smooth as the elder licked her head the she-kit could barely settle down
Webkit narrowed his eyes and padded over cautiously.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old October 17th, 2022, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbiteye-ball View Post
Webkit narrowed his eyes and padded over cautiously.
Amberbright

|95 Moons|

Amberbright looked at the mistrustful tom-kit and let her mischievous amber gaze soften, her voice becoming gentle purring her words affectionately. "There's a brave warrior, you're smart not to trust everything you hear. You must be careful to decide when to use that bravery in order to confront your fears." Amberbright tipped her head back down to the excited prickling white pelt of the she kit who was clamoring for a tale as soon as possible. "We will get there I promise it will be the greatest story ever!" The elders voice was full of embellished grandeur. "First though, what are your names and what kind of story would you like to hear? If you can't think of any topic I have one in mind already."

As she asked the question Amberbright spotted Otterpaw entering the den and sheepishly inquiring after the needs of the group. She waved the young apprentice over with a flick of her gray tail. "I wouldn't mind some damp moss, my throat gets a little dry when telling stories."
@SplashyLumi

Last edited by Quietheart; October 17th, 2022 at 08:54 PM.