Last post by Blazing
Yesterday 11:15 PM

Old July 6th, 2020, 11:33 PM
Create your own sunshine

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post

Fawnsqueak watched her interaction with the flower and closed his eyes, turmoil inside of him. Everything was uneasy and.. difficult, and it seemed to all come to this. "You.. you don't have to eat that," he said at last, though it appeared she wouldn't anyway which was for the best. With a shrug, he half-murmured, "I mean, you'd just be shoveling mud down your throat in a couple seconds." It was sort of refreshing to see this moment of clarity in her. Fawnsqueak identified it as a realization, a breakthrough, and he smiled faintly before it faded into bittersweet sadness. "So.. the thing with borage," he started, musing as he used a claw to begin separating the petals from the flower, "is that.. we use borage leaves, right? The flower might be toxic." Granted, he didn't believe this was borage since it was the incorrect hue, but it was worth mentioning nonetheless. "...I'm glad you didn't give this to anyone."

He blinked at the recollection. It was raw, honest, something he didn't always feel he received from her since her delusions were frequent and he couldn't tell when her mind was there, if it was. Or maybe she just.. was this way. He followed her gaze to the warriors' den and he nodded, remembering, aware she was a revered senior warrior known for overcoming her own challenges. "Yeah," he said, a sorrowed puff of a laugh falling from him, "and you're still a great warrior. It's not like.. anyone can take that away, y'know." Fawnsqueak's throat tightened at her last couple utterances but he remained silent, simply.. listening in case she wished to say more. It felt like too intimate, too personal of a moment for him to interject in.
She gave a harsh laugh. “Flowers, roots, leaves.... It is good no cat got it, that your right about.” She shook her head. “Teaching moment, am I right?” She snarked softly, another laugh. “You sure are one interesting cat, ya know that?” This was the old Otterleg. A break in the storm of a scattered mind. “This job has a done a number on me. Hasn’t it.” She puffed another laugh, shaking her head. “You aren’t the cat I thought would see me at my lowest. But here we are. You’ve seen me quivering in my pelt, rambling, half mad, but like I said. I’m done with that.” Her meow was slightly forceful. She turned even more, to look the Tom in the eyes.
and your still a great warrior, it’s not like anyone can take that away y’know
“Thank you. I...” she paused. “Thank you Fawnsqueak.” That was the kindest thing he had said to her the whole time they had been mentor and apprentice. “It seems that the throes of life have made me forget that.”
Old July 7th, 2020, 12:28 AM
the stars are aligned

Maybe he'd have to see about its toxicity on someone.. or something that didn't matter, but that was a fleeting thought irrelevant to the bigger picture, and it was quickly discarded as Otterstone spoke. "Yeah," he echoed, albeit a touch awkwardly yet offered a smile. The change in her demeanor was stark, and he had to raise an eyebrow at her calling him 'interesting', since that was at least better than the typical 'weird' he got from other cats. Not that he minded, but her politeness made him laugh a little, scuff at the ground. "If it's any.. uh, consolation," he thought that was the right word, "I honestly think warriors do better things for the clan than the medicine cats do. It's just sort of felt like a big lie, the whole.. peacekeeper-healer thing." And once he found a con artist willing to take over, he would be out of here. Fawnsqueak shook his head, had to disagree. "This seriously.. is not your lowest. Your lowest was.. before this." Now, she seemed to portray a semblance of recognition and awareness.

Fawnsqueak felt small beneath her gaze, not.. condescendingly so, as he had otherwise, but genuinely felt like an apprentice under the scrutiny of a senior warrior who was well-respected. At a loss for words, his throat was dry, and a warmth collected on his cheeks as he sought something useful to say. Or, just, something to say at all. What he could manage was a quiet, "Of course.." as he wished he could go on, but didn't have the words to do it at a time like this. The vulnerability was new for him.

@CheetahPelt

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old July 7th, 2020, 12:44 AM
Create your own sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post
Maybe he'd have to see about its toxicity on someone.. or something that didn't matter, but that was a fleeting thought irrelevant to the bigger picture, and it was quickly discarded as Otterstone spoke. "Yeah," he echoed, albeit a touch awkwardly yet offered a smile. The change in her demeanor was stark, and he had to raise an eyebrow at her calling him 'interesting', since that was at least better than the typical 'weird' he got from other cats. Not that he minded, but her politeness made him laugh a little, scuff at the ground. "If it's any.. uh, consolation," he thought that was the right word, "I honestly think warriors do better things for the clan than the medicine cats do. It's just sort of felt like a big lie, the whole.. peacekeeper-healer thing." And once he found a con artist willing to take over, he would be out of here. Fawnsqueak shook his head, had to disagree. "This seriously.. is not your lowest. Your lowest was.. before this." Now, she seemed to portray a semblance of recognition and awareness.

Fawnsqueak felt small beneath her gaze, not.. condescendingly so, as he had otherwise, but genuinely felt like an apprentice under the scrutiny of a senior warrior who was well-respected. At a loss for words, his throat was dry, and a warmth collected on his cheeks as he sought something useful to say. Or, just, something to say at all. What he could manage was a quiet, "Of course.." as he wished he could go on, but didn't have the words to do it at a time like this. The vulnerability was new for him.

@CheetahPelt
“A lie...?” She gave a soft hmm, gaze turning into a soft focus on the spotted Tom. “I mean, i wouldn’t call it so much a lie. Maybe it’s a medicine cats job to soften the harshness of reality.” She shrugged it off. “Ah, that’s all too deep for me. All I really know is it’s our job to heal the sick and injured, and interpret signs from Star cats” though the second part hadn’t happened at all for Otterstone. Maybe it was for the better. She pushed the idea away.
Otterstone’s ears perked as he talked about her lowest. “Oh, of course. Now I’m mostly here, mostly good. My mind is super clear compared to the last few moons. I could barely string enough words together to make conversation.” Her face scrunched up as she thought back to the last few moons.
She shook her head, as if she was trying to dislodge the memories like water out of her ears. When she finished, she gave an awkward chuckle, a small smile.
Her focus returned to Fawnsqueak and her smile widened slightly as she noticed the change in his composure. She wished this could have been their relationship the whole time they were a mentor apprentice pair. She wished it could go on like this, though tomorrow it might turn back to the harsh irritating jeers, so she might as well enjoy it.
Old July 7th, 2020, 02:37 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

RiverClan Announcement [#liontalks]

Exhaustion was painted across Lionstar's muzzle as he made the final trek back to camp, limping with each step from the blistering pain in his forepaws. Adrenaline and focusing on the tasks at paw had distracted him from a good portion of the pain, but now that he was back home there was nothing to keep his mind away from how torn, beaten, and.. downright damaged his pads were. The heat had scorched them, causing blisters that had since been torn up from continued work. Dirt and grass caked the open wounds and he still had to wait to try to clean them out..

Deciding to pay Fawnsqueak a visit, Lionstar made his way into the medicine cat den. Between the burn victims, the distant sound of sneezing and coughing kits, the .. injured kitten from the fight in the clearing, it looked like Fawn already had enough on his paws. Maybe..--

No. Lionstar snapped his eyes open at the realization there was something amiss. Where was Otterstone for all of this?

For every healing he had sent someone for in the past.. moon or so, it had been Fawn. For all the.. times he had tried to give her a chance to redeem herself, to make amends for her mistakes, it felt like.. nothing was done. Lionstar was tired of this game of chasing Otterstone down, trying to get her to do her job, and he lifted his head to scan the den to find the familiar tortoiseshell pelt.

"Otterstone," Lionstar's voice was hollow as he called for her. "I don't know where you've been for.. all this, and frankly I don't care. Your chances to show us you can be RiverClan's medicine cat is over." He hadn't come in here expecting to do this, so he paused for a brief moment to consider how he'd go about this now.

"I'm letting you go. This role.. clearly has not been suited for you, and it is unfair to our Clan-mates and you to keep you in a position you were not made for. Fawnsqueak will take over the medicine cat position.. and you will resume your warrior duties." He let out a low sigh. As much as he wanted to feel good about this decision, he was too worn out to find any enjoyment in it. He just hoped whatever whacko behavior Otterstone gained from this position died.. with the restoration of her old position. "Fawn, when you have a spare moment can we talk?"

[ @Dipper, @CheetahPelt ]
Old July 7th, 2020, 01:40 PM
ruthlessness is mercy.

Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]

*Dark-kit was laying there he manged to move in a curled up state, he was wrapped in cobwebs.*

I would've died for your sins
Instead, I just died inside
And you deserve prison, but you won't get time

--
✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen
Old July 7th, 2020, 01:56 PM
all that i’ll ever need

[ @Dipper ]

Cormorantpaw weakly pulled himself to his paws and managed to trudge tremblingly back into the den. His paws burned fiercely and his head was dizzy- only being able to see out of one eye didn’t help. Coughing roughly, the muscular apprentice managed to drag himself back to where he’d been laying down but this time he only sat. Even through the fog of poppy and pain, Cormorantpaw knew he had to find Buckbranch and Sweetpaw, not to mention Eveningpaw and Ravenpaw.

Swaying dangerously, Cormorantpaw coughed again and peered weakly up at Fawnsqueak as the Riverclan medicine cat spoke to some other cats. How had he gotten here? Where was everyone else? The warrior he’d dragged out of Thunderclan’s camp was there and she seemed to be mostly awake but he didn’t really recognize anyone else. Fawnsqueak and Lionstar he could recognize from gatherings but the rest of the den seemed full of other Riverclanners whom he didn’t know- which Cormorantpaw supposed made sense since he was in Riverclan.

“Fawnsqueak,” he croaked, throat clenching painfully, “w-what happened? How did I get here? Where’s Buckbranch? W-why can’t I see right?”

Each question hurt him but he needed to know. Panic was still fresh in his veins and he was desperate to figure out why he couldn’t open his eye and where his mentor and friend were.
Old July 7th, 2020, 01:58 PM
Create your own sunshine

@BILL. @Dipper

Otterstone looked up as Lionstar came into the den.

Oh.... wow. That was... straight forwards. She couldn't even be angry. "I... Yes, Lionstar. I'll move over to the warriors den right away." She limped towards the entrance, before turning to look over her shoulder at Lionstar. "I... would like to ask for a name change." Her brow was furrowed. "Your reasoning for the stone suffix doesn't fit."
Old July 7th, 2020, 02:28 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

"I was already planning on changing it." Lionstar was going to be upfront with her about this. "When I changed your name, I had hoped you would be the beginning of capable medicine cats in RiverClan. A fresh start.. with a cat willing to learn remedies to help our Clan.." But that didn't happen.

"Right now, I don't want to deal with it. We'll go over your name change during the next meeting." Which would be soon: he didn't have much to announce but given the circumstances he felt a quick one might be in order so the Clan was in the loop. But for the moment, he wanted to talk with Fawn and maybe get something for the ripped up mess that was his paws. "If that's all, I suggest preparing your nest in the warriors' den."

[ @Dipper, @CheetahPelt ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old July 7th, 2020, 02:50 PM
Create your own sunshine

@Dipper @BILL.

She stayed silent, unblinking as he spoke, running her tongue over her lips, her mouth unimaginably dry. He was being blunt, by changing her name he was saying thats exactly what she wasn't.

And she hadn't been.
"Yes, Lionstar." Her voice was clippy and tight, though respectful. She wouldn't put up a fight, but she wouldn't roll over. "Will do Lionstar." She dipped her head, turning to pad out of the den, moving slowly.

She hadn't had good times in this den, actually it stood for one of the worst times in her life. Which meant a lot, I mean she lost her leg. But you grow close to something thats been in your life for a while, even if it stands for your worst.

She breathed in the musty, herb soaked air and padded out.
Old July 7th, 2020, 03:03 PM
ruthlessness is mercy.

Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]

*Dark-kit woke up. It diddnt hurt as bad. He managed to sit up, Kinda.* Fawn-squeak? How long am I going to be in here. Im not trying to annoy you if I am im sorry. @Dipper

I would've died for your sins
Instead, I just died inside
And you deserve prison, but you won't get time

--
✰ [ stag’s carrd ]✰

kat sneaks away from aries... and runs into carmen