WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Old January 20th, 2023, 04:20 PM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post
(Sorry for the late reply!!!)
Uh oh. Snailkit was not deterred by the boasting and bluffing, and now Antkit had to stand to her word. Quite literally, in fact. And given her very recent failure at balancing, it wasn't looking too good. But wait! She was Antkit, thinker and genius extraordinaire! And she had a most brilliant plan! Backing slowly towards the wall of the den, till her tail was almost touching it, she smirked slightly, throwing a quick I hope you're ready to lose squirt! at Snailkit(wow it felt good teasing others about being short for once). Was her plan devious and just a bit dirty? Yes, yes it was. Was it probably her only chance to potentially win? Also yes, and so it was the course of action she would be taking. Puffing up her small chest in a rather pointless show of confidence, the small she-kit half-rose to her hind legs, before dropping down again in an odd, front-hopping motion. Sucking in the breath of champions, she began to count. Three....two.....one.....go!

As soon as that last, short syllable had left her mouth, she was up. Up onto her hind legs, tottering about on her hind legs for a moment before she seemed to find some stability. This was, of course, because of her cunning plan. Near to the wall as she was, she was able to extend her tail to it, keeping her at least from tipping backwards onto her rump. It didn't rule out the possibility of a frontwards tumble or a sideways one, but it did give her a little edge in the stability department. It was a horribly unnecessary trick, given that this was nothing but friendly nursery competition, but Antkit hated to lose, and was therefore firmly resolved to do anything in her power to prevent it from occurring. Now she just had to hope Snailkit wouldn't notice, or wouldn't call her on it.
Snailkit watched Antkit's face carefully, hoping to see maybe just a hint of nervousness about their confidence. But, no. The other kit seemed just as determined as they were. The tiny calico flicked their ears backwards slightly when Antkit teased them, but other than that, they kept cool. Snailkit shuffled their paws, preparing to rear up when Antkit began the count. With a final deep breath, they heaved themself up, standing with complete balance. Ok, that was a lie. Snailkit wobbled just a bit, but other than that, the kit was doing quite well with this challenge. They slimmed their eyes, examining Antkit. She looked... like she was doing well. And Snailkit was not expecting that. Then their ears perked. She was being SUSPICIOUS! "What are you doing so close to the wall? Hmmmmmm?" They mewed, raising their chin a bit. Snailkit was totally going to win. Totally, completely, absolutely. If by finding out Antkit was cheating, or just by skill.

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old January 20th, 2023, 09:49 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafspeaker View Post

[ short post I'm going home from school ]

Bearkit shrugged.

Slatestripe frowned. A simple "shrug" wasn't really the response he was wanting. "If you're struggling with one, then perhaps I can give you a paw," he offered, trying to get the kit to open up.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old January 20th, 2023, 10:19 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry~ View Post

Slatestripe frowned. A simple "shrug" wasn't really the response he was wanting. "If you're struggling with one, then perhaps I can give you a paw," he offered, trying to get the kit to open up.
*Bearkit looked up*

"What?"

a new member of rc

◺--------------◿
Old January 21st, 2023, 04:22 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

@Non-binary_Disaster
Yes! Her cunning plan was working perfectly! Snailkit didn't suspect a thing! Or, at least, didn't cotton on to Antkit's devious strategy immediately. So that was good! Not getting caught was always very, very good. What was less good was Snailkit's apparent excellence at this exercise, maybe the other really was exceptionally coordinated(or Antkit was exceptionally uncoordinated). Still, she was on her paws, and that was all that she had to do to win a victorious victory of awesomeness. But, alas, Snailkit did not remain ignorant, or at least totally unawares, for long. Their little eyes narrowed, and a steely glint rose in them, and Antkit tried to form her face into one of perfect innocence. It was.....sort of there? She looked less smirking, but still definitely smirking a little bit. Ah, there it was. The inquiry. Time to lie! Huh? Me? I'm not close to the wall, you're close to the wall! the molly proclaimed, somewhat forgetting the subtlety that was necessary if your lie was meant to actually be believed. She did stick a deflection in there at the end, but her avoidance tactics were sadly underdeveloped for one who was as willing to cheat as she was. Maybe it was because by this point other kits normally just knocked her over, and things devolved into wrestling because her honor had been challenged. Regardless, it was not the most sophisticated of lies.
Old January 22nd, 2023, 09:30 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post
@Non-binary_Disaster
Yes! Her cunning plan was working perfectly! Snailkit didn't suspect a thing! Or, at least, didn't cotton on to Antkit's devious strategy immediately. So that was good! Not getting caught was always very, very good. What was less good was Snailkit's apparent excellence at this exercise, maybe the other really was exceptionally coordinated(or Antkit was exceptionally uncoordinated). Still, she was on her paws, and that was all that she had to do to win a victorious victory of awesomeness. But, alas, Snailkit did not remain ignorant, or at least totally unawares, for long. Their little eyes narrowed, and a steely glint rose in them, and Antkit tried to form her face into one of perfect innocence. It was.....sort of there? She looked less smirking, but still definitely smirking a little bit. Ah, there it was. The inquiry. Time to lie! Huh? Me? I'm not close to the wall, you're close to the wall! the molly proclaimed, somewhat forgetting the subtlety that was necessary if your lie was meant to actually be believed. She did stick a deflection in there at the end, but her avoidance tactics were sadly underdeveloped for one who was as willing to cheat as she was. Maybe it was because by this point other kits normally just knocked her over, and things devolved into wrestling because her honor had been challenged. Regardless, it was not the most sophisticated of lies.
Snailkit raised an eyebrow at Antkit's response. They spared a glance behind them, just making sure they weren't actually close to a wall, like the other kit had proclaimed. And, just as the calico thought, they weren't close to a wall! That meant... Snailkit turned their head back to Antkit, eyes wide. "You're lying!" They shouted, tail lashing. How dare this kit lie to them! Snailkit pinned their ears, eyes filled with shock, disbelief, and anger. "Lier lier LIER!" They wailed, dropping back onto four paws. "I don't wanna play with you anymore!" Snailkit cried, turning around. With one last glance at Antkit, they began to pad off, tail dragging behind them. They just couldn't believe that a big cat would lie to them! Big cats were supposed to be all-knowing! Snailkit huffed, and plopped down in the corner of the nursery, curling their thin tail around their tiny paws. Just because they were small didn't mean they were absolutely blind! They cast another sad/mad glance at Antkit before laying down, tail over their nose.

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old January 22nd, 2023, 10:04 AM
Somebody stole my gender

My Mood: Fanatic

Squidkit rolled onto his back on the floor, staring wide-eyed at the other kits. He didn't really know what he should do, or if he should try to talk to any of the other kits. He closed his eyes, though he didn't fall asleep. Maybe I can catch a scrap of drama or something! He thought to himself.
Old January 22nd, 2023, 02:51 PM
nothing's forever

batkit
he/they
riverclan
brown-black w/ brown color point, yellow eyes

Batkit peeked out from their hiding spot by an unoccupied nest, looking around for either Icekit or Streamflake. Hopefully, they weren't looking for him, too. Feeling confident they weren't watching him or something, Batkit peeked out of the nursery entrance. Should he make a run for it? Sneak out? Or stay here? They threw a quick glance over their shoulder, wondering how much time he had. Their heart thumped as they took a step out, pressed down to the ground in a slink. Batkit had a sudden thought. "I should really reconsider," they muttered to themselves.

@Pluto!
Old January 22nd, 2023, 02:58 PM
silly billy!!

Bump Policy: every 48 hours
My Mood: Spooky

@val

"Can I help you Batkit?" Streamflake whispered, coming up from behind the small kitten. She had noticed the kit's consideration about leaving, his physical thought that is. "Going somewhere?" She asked again
Old January 22nd, 2023, 03:04 PM
nothing's forever

batkit
he/they
riverclan
brown-black w/ brown color point, yellow eyes

Batkit squeaked out the most embarrassing yelp ever in the history of the clans and whirled around. "Um...no? It smelled...nice out there. Wanted to see what it was, y'know?" he lied. It had to be his best lie in their whole life! But if their mother didn't take the lie, hmm. He'd just have to distract her somehow and hide somewhere or something.

@Pluto!
Old January 22nd, 2023, 03:20 PM
silly billy!!

Bump Policy: every 48 hours
My Mood: Spooky

@val

"Its ok dear, ive changed my mind. No need to lie. However; when you go out I will to." She spoke, walking past the kit taking a seat outside. She began to groom her light fur