Today 01:59 AM

Old May 26th, 2018, 07:37 AM
wowowowow

My Mood: Stressed

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Australis View Post

[ hhhmm it’s short. sorry ]

Windygale almost yowled once more. He heard a voice from beside him, out of nowhere. But then, he breathed a sigh of relief. It was simply the medicine cat apprentice, Flashpaw. Once again, the new deputy felt a wave of embarrassment swamp him. Why has Goldenstar chosen him, of everyone, for deputy? All the stress, all the duties could make even the most mentally stable cat crack. Imagine being leader. Oh, maybe Windygale would talk with his leader, just to make sure he was okay. But this was now, he had to focus on the she-cat in front of him. “Yeah, I’m okay.” he offered a friendly smile, as he did to everyone.
At the smile, it made her relieved. At least he wasn’t some arrogant, ambitious kind of cat. Those really got on her nerves. They didn’t know what she’d gone through, evidently, for they kept feeling better than her. Shaking her head mentally, she smiled back, sitting and wrapping her tail around her paws neatly. “So... you’re the new deputy? Goldenstar made a good choice.” While Windygale didn’t seem ideal, she’d seen how selfless the tom was, no matter what reason it was for. He deserved this, and more.

[ahh mines short too
i think it goes without saying that im completely 100% inactive on this site now,, sorry! if you leave me a message there’s a small chance i’ll see it in, like, six months and reply, but that’s about it. hello and goodbye ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old May 26th, 2018, 09:58 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
“You’ll see!” The Black warrior answered, mischief in her sing-songy voice. Carefully steering Daydream around a cluster of pine cones, she saw the clearing up ahead and picked up her pace. “Almost there,” she promised. Leading the medicine cat, she stepped into the little clearing where the trees were younger, the needly branches not so thick, and a golden shaft of sunlight cut straight to the forest floor where Luckynight saw what she was after. “Ok. Open your eyes!” She took her tail off the enby’s shoulders and watched their face. In front of them a cluster of bright, yellow daffodils bathed in the glow of light, vibrant as Daydream’s golden fur. “Aren’t they so pretty? They used to grow outside of my twoleg’s nest. I never thought they’d grow this deep in the woods.” Luckynight quieted down then, eagerly watching to see what Daydream would think of the lovely flowers.
daydream carefully placed one paw infront of the other, keeping their eyes shut like they promised. when they finally opened them, they let their eyes adjust to the new shining light to them, but also the bright yellows and stem greens, how the sun shined on each and every flower. they..really didn't know what to say. they had seen this flower before obviously, they studied plants for a living, but somehow they looked at them more differently now. more than just a plant that healed, but drank in their beauty that left a sweet taste on their tongue and a rare smile forming on their face. they stood still, not saying anything for a short while. just looking, taking in each and every petal. how did luckynight find this place? well, daydream wasnt very..fluent on shadowclan territory, but somehow to see something so bright and colorful in a shadowed place made their heart warm. they felt less scared. "Theyre..theyre beautiful, luckynight." they turned to the molly. somehow, in thier mind, they thought her smile was more pretty than any flower out here. "thank you."
Old May 26th, 2018, 10:16 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
daydream carefully placed one paw infront of the other, keeping their eyes shut like they promised. when they finally opened them, they let their eyes adjust to the new shining light to them, but also the bright yellows and stem greens, how the sun shined on each and every flower. they..really didn't know what to say. they had seen this flower before obviously, they studied plants for a living, but somehow they looked at them more differently now. more than just a plant that healed, but drank in their beauty that left a sweet taste on their tongue and a rare smile forming on their face. they stood still, not saying anything for a short while. just looking, taking in each and every petal. how did luckynight find this place? well, daydream wasnt very..fluent on shadowclan territory, but somehow to see something so bright and colorful in a shadowed place made their heart warm. they felt less scared. "Theyre..theyre beautiful, luckynight." they turned to the molly. somehow, in thier mind, they thought her smile was more pretty than any flower out here. "thank you."
Luckynight watched as the enby silently took in the sight of the flowers, her heart racing as she waited nervously for a sign of what Daydream was feeling. When the medicine cat finally did turn to her, they seemed almost confused as they whispered lightly. Light was right, everything about Daydream seemed to get just a little lighter as the black warrior watched. Normally, Daydream seemed almost hunched as if they carried around a heavy burden on their back, day and night. For this moment, Lucknight saw that burden lift, and smiled. "I'm so glad you like them!" she purred. "I saw them and I thought of you because of that bright gold color. I just love how your fur looks in the light!" The words were out before Luckynight thought better of it and she froze, turning her gaze away quickly, feeling heat on her face. She thanked Starclan she had such dark fur. "And that's why... you know when I saw it I thought you'd like to... um...come see it too." Luckynight could have clawed herself. Why was she prattling on like a mousebrain? Why couldn't she seem to quit talking? And why did Daydream's look of intense happiness laced with confusion and shock make her legs feel weak?

Last edited by Charmer; May 26th, 2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old May 26th, 2018, 10:29 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Luckynight watched as the enby silently took in the sight of the flowers, her heart racing as she waited nervously for a sign of what Daydream was feeling. When the medicine cat finally did turn to her, they seemed almost confused as they whispered lightly. Light was right, everything about Daydream seemed to get just a little lighter as the black warrior watched. Normally, Daydream seemed almost hunched as if they carried around a heavy burden on their back, day and night. For this moment, Lucknight saw that burden lift, and smiled. "I'm so glad you like them!" she purred. "I saw them and I thought of you because of that bright gold color. I just love how your fur looks in the light!" The words were out before Luckynight thought better of it and she froze, turning her gaze away quickly, feeling heat on her face. She thanked Starclan she had such dark fur. "And that's why... you know when I saw it I thought you'd like to... um...come see it too." Luckynight could have clawed herself. Why was she prattling on like a mousebrain? Why couldn't she seem to quit talking? And why did Daydream's look of intense happiness lacked with confusion and shock make her legs feel weak?
daydream wasnt stupid, they were also terrible with emotions, so instead of seeing luckynights actions as a flustered embarrassment, they pushed it away. they padded over to her, giving a gentle lick to her cheek, and sitting next to her. they turned their gaze back out the flowers, looking at how the petals shined under the sunlight, and they too could feel their pelt heat up at the compliment. it was funny, really, their names. daydream had a day prefix yet was also so grumpy and negative, and luckynight had her suffix yet was so positive. they truly were opposites. "You know," they started, their mew still gentle, eyes captivated by the sight before them,"before my father died, he would always show me flowers when i was a kit. i didnt really get along with my siblings, i was mature for my age, so he take me out into the territory and show me the flowers, and plants along with it." they sighed at the memory. perhaps thats why they became a medicine cat,"daffodils were the last thing he showed me. he too, said they looked like my fur, and that my mother was going to give me that suffix." they never mentioned their family, mainly because it was a touchy subject. but there were some memories they did enjoy. they were glad to have some with luckynight, too.
Old May 27th, 2018, 12:17 AM
Sigh...

Quote:
daydream wasnt stupid, they were also terrible with emotions, so instead of seeing luckynights actions as a flustered embarrassment, they pushed it away. they padded over to her, giving a gentle lick to her cheek, and sitting next to her. they turned their gaze back out the flowers, looking at how the petals shined under the sunlight, and they too could feel their pelt heat up at the compliment. it was funny, really, their names. daydream had a day prefix yet was also so grumpy and negative, and luckynight had her suffix yet was so positive. they truly were opposites. "You know," they started, their mew still gentle, eyes captivated by the sight before them,"before my father died, he would always show me flowers when i was a kit. i didnt really get along with my siblings, i was mature for my age, so he take me out into the territory and show me the flowers, and plants along with it." they sighed at the memory. perhaps thats why they became a medicine cat,"daffodils were the last thing he showed me. he too, said they looked like my fur, and that my mother was going to give me that suffix." they never mentioned their family, mainly because it was a touchy subject. but there were some memories they did enjoy. they were glad to have some with luckynight, too.
Luckynight's blush deepened as the medicine cat licked her cheek and sat flush beside her. She stiffened, then relaxed as the enby's warm fur pressed against hers. This felt right somehow. On the day she became an apprentice, she had been sad to lose her kittypet name. She'd always liked it, but there was something she has liked about having night in her name as well. It was the opposite of Day, as in Daydream and that was what made it so perfect. Night and day may be opposites, may not seem like they go together, but they are half of the same whole. That's how she felt around Daydream, like she was whole. She wondered if the enby felt that too. But no, Daydream didn't care for anyone that way. And even if they did, Luckynight knew enough about clan life to know that medicine cats can't be with their clanmates. Her heart sank as Daydream told her about her last time with her father, looking at daffodils. Was there nothing that life had not taken from her friend? Hesitating, she wrapped her tail around her their back, leaning into them with a soft purr. "He sounds like he was a great father. I wish I'd gotten to meet him," she said. In that moment, as the warrior held onto the medicine cat, she swore to herself that so long as she was alive and serving Shadowclan, she'd do whatever it took to keep this cat happy and safe. She may be a warrior of Shadowclan, but she would be their warrior first and foremost. She couldn't think of anything or anyone she'd rather protect with her life.

Last edited by Charmer; May 27th, 2018 at 12:19 AM.
Old May 27th, 2018, 12:39 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Luckynight's blush deepened as the medicine cat licked her cheek and sat flush beside her. She stiffened, then relaxed as the enby's warm fur pressed against hers. This felt right somehow. On the day she became an apprentice, she had been sad to lose her kittypet name. She'd always liked it, but there was something she has liked about having night in her name as well. It was the opposite of Day, as in Daydream and that was what made it so perfect. Night and day may be opposites, may not seem like they go together, but they are half of the same whole. That's how she felt around Daydream, like she was whole. She wondered if the enby felt that too. But no, Daydream didn't care for anyone that way. And even if they did, Luckynight knew enough about clan life to know that medicine cats can't be with their clanmates. Her heart sank as Daydream told her about her last time with her father, looking at daffodils. Was there nothing that life had not taken from her friend? Hesitating, she wrapped her tail around her their back, leaning into them with a soft purr. "He sounds like he was a great father. I wish I'd gotten to meet him," she said. In that moment, as the warrior held onto the medicine cat, she swore to herself that so long as she was alive and serving Shadowclan, she'd do whatever it took to keep this cat happy and safe. She may be a warrior of Shadowclan, but she would be their warrior first and foremost. She couldn't think of anything or anyone she'd rather protect with her life.
daydream let her lean on them, humming at the contentness they felt in their heart. they hadnt felt this way in awhile, really. sometimes they felt like they couldnt breath, that after every loss it was pressing on their wind pipe and threatening to kill them. but right now, they felt like they could breathe, taking in the sweet scent in their lungs and luckynigtht at their side. "He wouldve loved you." they siad softly. there was a hint of longing in their voice. they wished their father was still around to see how things were doing, hwo their life has changed. to have his comfort again. but that was okay, because they had luckynight at their side right now, making their pelt feel warmer then usually and a fuzzy feeling in their chest, that they knew how ever many things they went through, theyd always make it out alive. together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue jellie View Post
When her new mentor eyed her, Flashpaw fell silent. She was still curious, and would definitely question Daydream when they were through with training and back at their den. But, for now, she had to act as though she had moved on. "Okay, I think I got it," she said determinedly. "What's next?" Flashpaw shook out her smoky black pelt. Being a medicine cat now was going to be a very hard job, and an even harder one once Daydream passed. She had thought it would be less demanding, which in a way, it was. But it was definitely going to be more difficult than what she'd originally imagined. Medicine cats were strongly underappreciated; one look at her exhausted, worn-out mentor would prove that. She hoped to make it known how difficult the job was once she was old enough.
"Im going to show you where to find cobwebs, theyre some of the most important things out there for medicine cats." they mewed, starting to walk out in another direction, making sure that flashpaw was cloe behind, and going at a slower pace to not induce her asthma by any chance. the territory was more..peaceful when their midn wasnt filled with worry, right now they were focused on doing their job. they came across and open clearing of grass, shadowed over the pine trees. "here, by the roots of the trees youll find cobwebs, and on the strands of grass. we use them all the time to stop bleeding or bind things together, but with serious open wounds we dont, as they could cause infection. they are on a the ground, after all."
Old May 27th, 2018, 03:19 PM
wowowowow

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:

"Im going to show you where to find cobwebs, theyre some of the most important things out there for medicine cats." they mewed, starting to walk out in another direction, making sure that flashpaw was cloe behind, and going at a slower pace to not induce her asthma by any chance. the territory was more..peaceful when their midn wasnt filled with worry, right now they were focused on doing their job. they came across and open clearing of grass, shadowed over the pine trees. "here, by the roots of the trees youll find cobwebs, and on the strands of grass. we use them all the time to stop bleeding or bind things together, but with serious open wounds we dont, as they could cause infection. they are on a the ground, after all."
Nodding, the she-cat trotted slowly alongside the enby, a small smile on her maw. Flashpaw took in the sights around her with calm eyes. It was nice to go through the territory without an urgent needs. Her grin deepened as they arrived in the area to collect cobwebs. It was beautiful, what with the sunlight filtering through the branches and brightening the ground. She sat with her tail brushing the ground aimlessly ad her mentor talked, until the fur on her tail caught on something. Yelping, Flashpaw leapt into the air and tilted her head quickly to look at her tail. A clump of cobwebs was bunched on the end. She must've swept it against a tree. Laughing, the medicine cat apprentice tried dramatically to shake off the binding herb, but to no avail. She couldn't reach the clump alone. "A little help?"
i think it goes without saying that im completely 100% inactive on this site now,, sorry! if you leave me a message there’s a small chance i’ll see it in, like, six months and reply, but that’s about it. hello and goodbye ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old May 27th, 2018, 05:42 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
daydream let her lean on them, humming at the contentness they felt in their heart. they hadnt felt this way in awhile, really. sometimes they felt like they couldnt breath, that after every loss it was pressing on their wind pipe and threatening to kill them. but right now, they felt like they could breathe, taking in the sweet scent in their lungs and luckynigtht at their side. "He wouldve loved you." they siad softly. there was a hint of longing in their voice. they wished their father was still around to see how things were doing, hwo their life has changed. to have his comfort again. but that was okay, because they had luckynight at their side right now, making their pelt feel warmer then usually and a fuzzy feeling in their chest, that they knew how ever many things they went through, theyd always make it out alive. together.
For what felt like a long and happy age, Luckynight and Daydream sat in contented silence. The warrior truly wished she could have met Daydream's father. She wished she could have been there for a lot of things Daydream had had to go through alone. Their lonely childhood, having to give up their warrior training. Luckynight could tell it had all been very hard, and though she admired Daydream for surviving it all, it seemed like an injustice that they should not have suffered in the first place. "I never knew my father," she admitted. "Or my mother really. I was born in a barn, and I remember being taken away by a two leg and growing up in another two leg's nest." She paused, thoughtful. "I don't even remember what my mother looked like." It wasn't something that jarred Luckynight to think about. To her and the cats that lived in neighboring two leg nests, this is just how it was. It wasn't until she had come to Shadowclan that she had gotten to see what it was like to be part of a family, and even then, it wasn't hers. She saw mothers and kits and fathers at play and wondered, what could something like that be like? Would she have something like that some day? A family?

Last edited by Charmer; May 27th, 2018 at 06:00 PM.
Old May 28th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzy View Post
Her eyes grew round as she gazed up at the oak tree. “Really? Squirrel?” She sniffed the air, wondering if she’ll be able to tell the scent, but couldn’t, all the scents blended as one making it a bit confusing. Flicking her ear in irritation, Mist moved closer to the oak and tried again. “I can’t...scent it.” Her words were a bit disgruntled. She can smell the borders just fine but why not the prey? “Maybe if I..” and with that, Mist climbed up and hauled herself onto the first branch to sniff again.
"Don't worry, you've scented a lot of new things today. I wouldn't expect your nose to be able to separate all of the scents the first day of your apprenticeship. You'll have everything figured out a half-moon from now." Ashnose tried to comfort his apprentice. He wished he could help Mistpaw, but in truth she only needed time. His body tensed a little bit when his apprentice began to climb the tree. "I'm not sure that's a good idea, Mistpaw." Ashnose warned, adjusting himself to catch the smaller cat if she fell. He wasn't one to ruin the fun, but the warrior knew a potential danger when he saw one. Mistpaw was hardly more than a kit. Ashnose knew warriors that had fallen from trees and gotten permanently injured.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic
Old May 28th, 2018, 06:21 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue jellie View Post
Nodding, the she-cat trotted slowly alongside the enby, a small smile on her maw. Flashpaw took in the sights around her with calm eyes. It was nice to go through the territory without an urgent needs. Her grin deepened as they arrived in the area to collect cobwebs. It was beautiful, what with the sunlight filtering through the branches and brightening the ground. She sat with her tail brushing the ground aimlessly ad her mentor talked, until the fur on her tail caught on something. Yelping, Flashpaw leapt into the air and tilted her head quickly to look at her tail. A clump of cobwebs was bunched on the end. She must've swept it against a tree. Laughing, the medicine cat apprentice tried dramatically to shake off the binding herb, but to no avail. She couldn't reach the clump alone. "A little help?"
daydream closed their eyes and opened their mouth to continue, but they were interrupted by flashpaws voice. opening their eyes they raised an eyebrow, sighing playfully and walking over, using their claws from their right paw to detangled the cobwebs from her tail,"Not to mentions cobwebs are sticky, and want to catch anything they can in their webs. its what makes them good for stopping bleeding." they snorted, placing the webs in a pile next to her,"you found some cobwebs, though. we can collect some more and head back to camp if you want, we did travel quite a bit."
Quote:
For what felt like a long and happy age, Luckynight and Daydream sat in contented silence. The warrior truly wished she could have met Daydream's father. She wished she could have been there for a lot of things Daydream had had to go through alone. Their lonely childhood, having to give up their warrior training. Luckynight could tell it had all been very hard, and though she admired Daydream for surviving it all, it seemed like an injustice that they should not have suffered in the first place. "I never knew my father," she admitted. "Or my mother really. I was born in a barn, and I remember being taken away by a two leg and growing up in another two leg's nest." She paused, thoughtful. "I don't even remember what my mother looked like." It wasn't something that jarred Luckynight to think about. To her and the cats that lived in neighboring two leg nests, this is just how it was. It wasn't until she had come to Shadowclan that she had gotten to see what it was like to be part of a family, and even then, it wasn't hers. She saw mothers and kits and fathers at play and wondered, what could something like that be like? Would she have something like that some day? A family?
daydream listened carefully. they knew what kittypet life was like, being taken away from their parents at a young age, never knowing who they are. they felt..bad for luckynight, she had been through stuff, too, yet was alwasy so happy and perky all the time. they loved that about her. well, they loved her in general. "At a young age i disowned my mother for not..being a mother to me. i sort of drifted away from the rest of my birth family now, too." they confessed, it was something that they werent proud of. there was so many moments where they thought they were going to die, regretting that they hadnt tried to get closer with their family before hand. they didnt want the mood to be too dark, so they sighed contently,"I found family in other cats instead. geckoleaf, cricketpaw, juniper. flashpaw." three out of those four names were dead. they were dead and daydream knew that. "ive found family in you, too. especially you." it wasnt often that they got senitmental or soft, sometimes they were scared of showing that side of them, but all worry went away when they were around luckynight.