Last post by dino.
Yesterday 11:32 PM

Old July 8th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Floating

My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: ShadowClan | WindClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilefelt View Post
The sound of light footsteps slowly became more apparent as a pair of young cats walked closer.

"It smells strongly of strangers," a voice mewed. The footsteps stopped for a moment. After the pause, one set of paws moved again and the other reluctantly followed. As they neared the border, their unclean scent grew strong enough to be picked up by others nearby.

The pair padded closer. They couldn't have been very old at all; they were small and bony and walked with a weak kind of slowness. The kit in front had long cream fur and a determined expression, while the little red tom following behind her seemed to be shuffling as he stared at the ground. They shared the same copper eyes and low-tailed posture, almost stepping in unison. The young littermates looked like they had been walking for a very long time.

When they reached the place where the scents of other cats grew strongest, they stopped again. The cream kit stood firmly as she mewed into the open air "Is anyone around?"
Fennec snapped out of his daze when the sound of foresters against forest plants made its way to his ears, which instantly perked up to the fullest peaks. The footsteps around him shuffled, and a slightly bemirsed scent wafted towards him. He was confused at first, because not WindClan nor ShadowClan carried that type of scent. His slight hope of telling off a clan cat disappeared. It was always amusing to see a Clan cat stand by its invisible border telling him not to cross, when it was practically a wall to them. But these weren't clan cats, which meant he was threatend from all sides.

He looked in every direction, clinging close to his ponderosa pine, but found nothing. The sound and scent were the only thing hinting that other loners were around him. It was silent for a few moments, and Fennecs back and beck hair were rising in alarm. His ears shifted everywhere for a trace of sound, but nothing was there. The unusual scent grew stronger until it rang out loud and clear: a voice.

Instantly, Fennec swiveled towards the source. By the sound of the voice, these cats were very young. So what were they doing here? Then Fennec spotted them, hidden for his sight by the forest, but two kits. One was cream and one red. He could tell they were related somehow by the same color eyes they shared.

But he also didn't see two kits, he saw his two little sisters. Holly and Swift: in a condition he couldn't describe, and in pain after what their parents did to them. His eyes listed and her has to swallow his grief. These were kits, with a similarity that reminded him of his sisters. And they looked like they needed help.

Fennec looked down at his paws to collect himself. Cream, just like to other little kit. He took a deep, wheezing breath before looking up, making himself approachable to the kits of they needed aid. "Hello? Yes, I'm here."
Old July 8th, 2017, 12:04 PM
is totally normal hooman?

My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam View Post
Fennec snapped out of his daze when the sound of foresters against forest plants made its way to his ears, which instantly perked up to the fullest peaks. The footsteps around him shuffled, and a slightly bemirsed scent wafted towards him. He was confused at first, because not WindClan nor ShadowClan carried that type of scent. His slight hope of telling off a clan cat disappeared. It was always amusing to see a Clan cat stand by its invisible border telling him not to cross, when it was practically a wall to them. But these weren't clan cats, which meant he was threatend from all sides.

He looked in every direction, clinging close to his ponderosa pine, but found nothing. The sound and scent were the only thing hinting that other loners were around him. It was silent for a few moments, and Fennecs back and beck hair were rising in alarm. His ears shifted everywhere for a trace of sound, but nothing was there. The unusual scent grew stronger until it rang out loud and clear: a voice.

Instantly, Fennec swiveled towards the source. By the sound of the voice, these cats were very young. So what were they doing here? Then Fennec spotted them, hidden for his sight by the forest, but two kits. One was cream and one red. He could tell they were related somehow by the same color eyes they shared.

But he also didn't see two kits, he saw his two little sisters. Holly and Swift: in a condition he couldn't describe, and in pain after what their parents did to them. His eyes listed and her has to swallow his grief. These were kits, with a similarity that reminded him of his sisters. And they looked like they needed help.

Fennec looked down at his paws to collect himself. Cream, just like to other little kit. He took a deep, wheezing breath before looking up, making himself approachable to the kits of they needed aid. "Hello? Yes, I'm here."
The silence following her question caused the cream kit to drop her ears in dismay. Perhaps she was being impatient, but no one had answered. She glanced back to her brother who didn't meet her eyes. Maybe there was no one nearby. Or maybe no one had heard her. Would she have to call out louder? She moved to step a little further past the border.

Then a voice broke the silence and the red kit leapt toward his now-alert sister, hackles rising and small claws jutting out. The tom was certain that anyone who answered after a pause like that must have taken that moment to scheme a way to attack them. He swiveled to squarely face the source of the voice, promising in his head not to let his sister get eaten. His ears pressed flat against his skull and he took on a hostile stance.

The cream kit nudged him and he glanced back to find a disappointed look on her face. The way she let one ear flop down and her tail fall limp told him enough -- apparently she saw his response as inappropriate. Still sure he was doing the right thing in protecting his only littermate, he stood firm in his place and faced forward again. His tail lashed and his head lowered. He cared too much about his sister to let her expose herself to some unknown schemer.

The she-kit simply stepped past her brother, addressing the stranger who had replied to her call. "I'd like to ask you a question about someone we're looking for," her voice mewed smoothly, not betraying her irritation with the red kit's excessive behavior. "Our mother's name is Curly. She has cream fur and yellow eyes. Have you seen her?" When she mentioned their mother's name, the red kit involuntarily let out a hiss. The cream kit shifted to stand in front of him, as if she was restraining him somehow, and he looked away with a pained expression, his rigid posture weakening.
Old July 8th, 2017, 12:19 PM
Floating

Quote:
The silence following her question caused the cream kit to drop her ears in dismay. Perhaps she was being impatient, but no one had answered. She glanced back to her brother who didn't meet her eyes. Maybe there was no one nearby. Or maybe no one had heard her. Would she have to call out louder? She moved to step a little further past the border.

Then a voice broke the silence and the red kit leapt toward his now-alert sister, hackles rising and small claws jutting out. The tom was certain that anyone who answered after a pause like that must have taken that moment to scheme a way to attack them. He swiveled to squarely face the source of the voice, promising in his head not to let his sister get eaten. His ears pressed flat against his skull and he took on a hostile stance.

The cream kit nudged him and he glanced back to find a disappointed look on her face. The way she let one ear flop down and her tail fall limp told him enough -- apparently she saw his response as inappropriate. Still sure he was doing the right thing in protecting his only littermate, he stood firm in his place and faced forward again. His tail lashed and his head lowered. He cared too much about his sister to let her expose herself to some unknown schemer.

The she-kit simply stepped past her brother, addressing the stranger who had replied to her call. "I'd like to ask you a question about someone we're looking for," her voice mewed smoothly, not betraying her irritation with the red kit's excessive behavior. "Our mother's name is Curly. She has cream fur and yellow eyes. Have you seen her?" When she mentioned their mother's name, the red kit involuntarily let out a hiss. The cream kit shifted to stand in front of him, as if she was restraining him somehow, and he looked away with a pained expression, his rigid posture weakening.
Fennec waited in silence for a few moments, before hearing shuffles where the two other cats were standing. Perhaps they had heard him and decided not to answer? Fennec straightened his shoulders and relaxed his ears and flicking tail. If these kits wanted to come out, he wanted to look presentable. Only, he couldn't erase the glint of wistfulness and curiosity in his eyes. He couldn't help thinking of his two sisters. These cats seemed young and n need of help. Fennec wanted to give them what he couldn't receive: Support.

He was about to speak, when a kit called out- she sounded female, and very young. They were looking for a cream cat named Curly- their mother. He felt a searing pang in his chest. Had their mother abandoned them like Fennec's somewhat did? Fennec's eyes teared up, he could see his mother, doing what she did that made his while world fall. Although he had no reason to care for his mother, he had always loved her- even after what she did. She was fennec's mother, after all. He didn't miss her actions, but the thought of not having a mother was enough to make him break down.

"O-of course." He choked, his voice cracking as he remembered the vivid image of Swift. His past couldn't interfere with what he could do to help these cats, it could only fuel him. He took a breath, and continued. "You can ask me anything you want." he didn't want to add that he haven't seen their mother, he wanted them to come out in the open so he could help other causes. But they probably didn't trust him right now, so he had to give a hint why. "You can trust me- I know what your going through."
Old July 8th, 2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Fennec waited in silence for a few moments, before hearing shuffles where the two other cats were standing. Perhaps they had heard him and decided not to answer? Fennec straightened his shoulders and relaxed his ears and flicking tail. If these kits wanted to come out, he wanted to look presentable. Only, he couldn't erase the glint of wistfulness and curiosity in his eyes. He couldn't help thinking of his two sisters. These cats seemed young and n need of help. Fennec wanted to give them what he couldn't receive: Support.

He was about to speak, when a kit called out- she sounded female, and very young. They were looking for a cream cat named Curly- their mother. He felt a searing pang in his chest. Had their mother abandoned them like Fennec's somewhat did? Fennec's eyes teared up, he could see his mother, doing what she did that made his while world fall. Although he had no reason to care for his mother, he had always loved her- even after what she did. She was fennec's mother, after all. He didn't miss her actions, but the thought of not having a mother was enough to make him break down.

"O-of course." He choked, his voice cracking as he remembered the vivid image of Swift. His past couldn't interfere with what he could do to help these cats, it could only fuel him. He took a breath, and continued. "You can ask me anything you want." he didn't want to add that he haven't seen their mother, he wanted them to come out in the open so he could help other causes. But they probably didn't trust him right now, so he had to give a hint why. "You can trust me- I know what your going through."
The cream kit let out a small breath. There was someone willing to talk to them. That was relieving. She stepped back to nudge her brother with her white muzzle. "Come," she said to him in a soothing voice. Her thin little legs carried her away from her cover and toward the unknown tom. Ever so reluctantly, the red kit allowed himself to relax. He quickly joined his sister. He made sure to walk close to her flank in case of an attack.

"Thank you," the cream kit mewed politely. "I'm Reed, and this is my brother, Flame." As she spoke, she gestured first to herself and then to the red kit behind her with a flick of her tail. She understood that this stranger was likely to want more information about the two of them before he helped them; that was usually the case. "Our mother has been away for a moon and another moon... and our father stopped living. We've been looking for our mother since then."

While his sister was explaining their situation, Flame choked back his urge to cry out about what really happened. That their mother was a terrible mother who left them and their father for some dark-furred young stranger, and that it was her fault that he... that they... his emotions fought to overwhelm his thoughts. He lightly shook his head to clear out his feelings of hatred and loneliness. He personally felt it would be better if he and Reed never saw their mother again, but since Reed so badly wanted to know why their mother had done what she had done to them, Flame couldn't bring himself to tell her his opinion on the matter.

When Reed had finished speaking, Flame took his turn briefly. "We don't have any clue as to where she could be now... since it's been so long," he mewed with an almost sulky tone. His white-tipped tail hung low. Unlike his sister, he didn't feel like pretending to be social to get answers. Especially out here in the wilderness that seemed so far from their home in the city.
Old July 8th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Floating

Quote:
The cream kit let out a small breath. There was someone willing to talk to them. That was relieving. She stepped back to nudge her brother with her white muzzle. "Come," she said to him in a soothing voice. Her thin little legs carried her away from her cover and toward the unknown tom. Ever so reluctantly, the red kit allowed himself to relax. He quickly joined his sister. He made sure to walk close to her flank in case of an attack.

"Thank you," the cream kit mewed politely. "I'm Reed, and this is my brother, Flame." As she spoke, she gestured first to herself and then to the red kit behind her with a flick of her tail. She understood that this stranger was likely to want more information about the two of them before he helped them; that was usually the case. "Our mother has been away for a moon and another moon... and our father stopped living. We've been looking for our mother since then."

While his sister was explaining their situation, Flame choked back his urge to cry out about what really happened. That their mother was a terrible mother who left them and their father for some dark-furred young stranger, and that it was her fault that he... that they... his emotions fought to overwhelm his thoughts. He lightly shook his head to clear out his feelings of hatred and loneliness. He personally felt it would be better if he and Reed never saw their mother again, but since Reed so badly wanted to know why their mother had done what she had done to them, Flame couldn't bring himself to tell her his opinion on the matter.

When Reed had finished speaking, Flame took his turn briefly. "We don't have any clue as to where she could be now... since it's been so long," he mewed with an almost sulky tone. His white-tipped tail hung low. Unlike his sister, he didn't feel like pretending to be social to get answers. Especially out here in the wilderness that seemed so far from their home in the city.
Fennec watched them sympathetically as the two kits walked out to him. Fennec listened carefully to their words, their introductions and their story. Fennec couldn't help but realize how alike they were. Their mothers had abandoned them, their fathers were different, but all in all he and the two kits were both left by their mother.

Fennec relaxed his posture. "No.. I haven't seen your mother." His cream tail twitched, like he needed to say something more. "Do you need any help? Are you hungry? Thirsty?" He shifted his paws, whatever they needed- food, water, shelter- he could go get.

He wasn't about to share his life story to a pair of kits, but they seemed so similar. Usually, he wouldn't give away anything about his past, but Reed and Flame were going through a thing so related he had to give a hint. Momentarily, he lost his train of thought. The least he could do was try and befriend the kits and make them feel comfortable, because his hunch told him that they were going through a hard time.

"My mom... she abandoned me when I was young. If you need anything, please, let me help. I know what it's like." A sad, Hallow feeling began to spread through him, just like the other time he couldn't bear to uncover. "I'm Fennec, by the way."
Old July 8th, 2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Fennec watched them sympathetically as the two kits walked out to him. Fennec listened carefully to their words, their introductions and their story. Fennec couldn't help but realize how alike they were. Their mothers had abandoned them, their fathers were different, but all in all he and the two kits were both left by their mother.

Fennec relaxed his posture. "No.. I haven't seen your mother." His cream tail twitched, like he needed to say something more. "Do you need any help? Are you hungry? Thirsty?" He shifted his paws, whatever they needed- food, water, shelter- he could go get.

He wasn't about to share his life story to a pair of kits, but they seemed so similar. Usually, he wouldn't give away anything about his past, but Reed and Flame were going through a thing so related he had to give a hint. Momentarily, he lost his train of thought. The least he could do was try and befriend the kits and make them feel comfortable, because his hunch told him that they were going through a hard time.

"My mom... she abandoned me when I was young. If you need anything, please, let me help. I know what it's like." A sad, Hallow feeling began to spread through him, just like the other time he couldn't bear to uncover. "I'm Fennec, by the way."
Reed was quiet. She thought about Fennec's response for a moment. What she most wanted in the world right then was to know where her mother had gone. If this tom had not seen her mother, he was of no help to her.

"If you can't tell me where--" she began, but she was immediately interrupted by Flame. "If you could help us out, we haven't eaten since last morning," he mewled hopefully. It appeared that neither of the old kits felt any pity or relation to Fennec when he shared the hint of his past. It might have been that at that point the two littermates were past feeling anything for anyone other than each other. Their trust had been repeatedly betrayed by family, by those who claimed to be friends, by all sorts of cats. Their distrust showed in their eyes. But Flame felt that if he was possibly being offered some kind of help, he would still try to obtain it.

The cream she-kit heaved a small sigh. She got where her brother was coming from. And if he wanted to get something out of this meeting, she wouldn't stop him. "That is true," she mewed along. "We were able to catch a mouse and we shared it. But I guess that's not really enough to keep your belly full."

Flame was glad Reed understood and bobbed his head. "So if you can tell us where to find food around here..." he trailed off.
Old July 8th, 2017, 06:05 PM
Floating

Quote:
Reed was quiet. She thought about Fennec's response for a moment. What she most wanted in the world right then was to know where her mother had gone. If this tom had not seen her mother, he was of no help to her.

"If you can't tell me where--" she began, but she was immediately interrupted by Flame. "If you could help us out, we haven't eaten since last morning," he mewled hopefully. It appeared that neither of the old kits felt any pity or relation to Fennec when he shared the hint of his past. It might have been that at that point the two littermates were past feeling anything for anyone other than each other. Their trust had been repeatedly betrayed by family, by those who claimed to be friends, by all sorts of cats. Their distrust showed in their eyes. But Flame felt that if he was possibly being offered some kind of help, he would still try to obtain it.

The cream she-kit heaved a small sigh. She got where her brother was coming from. And if he wanted to get something out of this meeting, she wouldn't stop him. "That is true," she mewed along. "We were able to catch a mouse and we shared it. But I guess that's not really enough to keep your belly full."

Flame was glad Reed understood and bobbed his head. "So if you can tell us where to find food around here..." he trailed off.
Fennec tilted his head and studied the small kits. Hopefully they trusted him enough, but he could still see in their expressions they didn't after all. He listened to then talk about food, which reminded him of some other prey he buried and forgot elsewhere. He would have to go get it later.

He wanted to kits to benefit from this, not regret wasting time. "It's summer right about now." he noted, "so prey is pretty bountiful. However, there's a marsh not far from here where all kinds of prey go to drink." he could imagine the marsh- the reeds and birds wallowing around in the shadows, it was also an attraction for other cats who knew where it was. "And if that's where your mother would most likely be. Or crossed through. It's extremely popular."

He couldn't help but think that's where his last family used to go. And there were some shady cats on the outskirts Fennec had never trusted. For the caution of Flame and Reed, me might as well add a few tips, "but please, be careful. There's untrustworthy cats there and lots of mud that you can get stuck in."

He couldn't help but smile as he remembered the time Holly's fur turned down from the mud. As for him, it had always been a friendly sanctuary for his family. He hopes the kits could find haven there too.
Old July 9th, 2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Fennec tilted his head and studied the small kits. Hopefully they trusted him enough, but he could still see in their expressions they didn't after all. He listened to then talk about food, which reminded him of some other prey he buried and forgot elsewhere. He would have to go get it later.

He wanted to kits to benefit from this, not regret wasting time. "It's summer right about now." he noted, "so prey is pretty bountiful. However, there's a marsh not far from here where all kinds of prey go to drink." he could imagine the marsh- the reeds and birds wallowing around in the shadows, it was also an attraction for other cats who knew where it was. "And if that's where your mother would most likely be. Or crossed through. It's extremely popular."

He couldn't help but think that's where his last family used to go. And there were some shady cats on the outskirts Fennec had never trusted. For the caution of Flame and Reed, me might as well add a few tips, "but please, be careful. There's untrustworthy cats there and lots of mud that you can get stuck in."

He couldn't help but smile as he remembered the time Holly's fur turned down from the mud. As for him, it had always been a friendly sanctuary for his family. He hopes the kits could find haven there too.
"Thank you, sir," Reed mewed, already having forgotten Fennec's name as he was no longer useful in her mind. She licked a lock of cream fur on her chest that was slightly out of place and looked to Flame. The gingery kit's copper eyes looked into Fennec's.

"Yes. Thank you," he purred, trying to sound respectful, or grateful, but he'd never seen examples of either in his life other than a faint memory of how his late father used to treat... his... mother. The gold-eyed she-cat did not deserve that title. Not after the way she'd bitten into his father's neck to save her new mate. Not after the way she had done it right in front of her two kits. Not after the way she had run away right after without even explaining herself. His white front paws dug into the damp soil as his fur bristled again. Wasn't a mother supposed to be loving? Wasn't she supposed to be there for her kits, instead of leaving them completely and utterly alone?

Sensing her brother's distress, Reed paused to turn to him. She whispered quietly to him. "Are you thinking about mother again?" she softly questioned with a knowing look. "If we find her at the marsh, I'll ask her why. For both of us." She faced Fennec again. "If you could tell us which way this marsh is, we'll get out of your fur."
Old July 9th, 2017, 02:47 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

The spirited Bengal leapt towards the border between ShadowClan and WindClan - maybe something interesting was going on there. She glanced back for her younger friend, although he was no less of an adventurer and troublemaker then she was. "Maybe we'll see some action around here," She mewed in a low voice, crouching down at the very edge of the woods. Her bengal pelt blended perfectly on the ground - though if it had been leaf-bare, she would have stood out quite well. Leopardpaw had only been to the borders once before and she wasn't sure whether this was the smartest idea or not - right now she was beginning to doubt it. Though, any excuse to make mischief... right?

Besides, nothing could possibly go wrong. Not that she could think of. The tip of her tail twitched with excitement, bright hues watching the border and a half-smile, half-smirk placed firmly on her maw. Yes... right now, Leopardpaw was excited. And then she stood up, approaching the border semi-cautiously and glancing both ways before she stopped at the very edge. Not even a whisker was across.

A bigger grin spread across her maw and her eyes sparked again as she turned to look at her younger friend. "I dare you to put your paw across," Leopardpaw mewed in the lowest voice to make sure that no one but Flintkit would hear her. Her tail twitched again and excitement was obvious in every part of her body. She was thrilled to be here right now. Though, the nagging suspicion that something could happen was still there. Though, it was overwhelmed by her sense of adventure. This was going to be fun! It was going to be great. And as far as she knew, they were perfectly safe.

For what could happen to two young cats?
@Hexict

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; July 9th, 2017 at 02:47 PM.
Old July 9th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Floating

Quote:
"Thank you, sir," Reed mewed, already having forgotten Fennec's name as he was no longer useful in her mind. She licked a lock of cream fur on her chest that was slightly out of place and looked to Flame. The gingery kit's copper eyes looked into Fennec's.

"Yes. Thank you," he purred, trying to sound respectful, or grateful, but he'd never seen examples of either in his life other than a faint memory of how his late father used to treat... his... mother. The gold-eyed she-cat did not deserve that title. Not after the way she'd bitten into his father's neck to save her new mate. Not after the way she had done it right in front of her two kits. Not after the way she had run away right after without even explaining herself. His white front paws dug into the damp soil as his fur bristled again. Wasn't a mother supposed to be loving? Wasn't she supposed to be there for her kits, instead of leaving them completely and utterly alone?

Sensing her brother's distress, Reed paused to turn to him. She whispered quietly to him. "Are you thinking about mother again?" she softly questioned with a knowing look. "If we find her at the marsh, I'll ask her why. For both of us." She faced Fennec again. "If you could tell us which way this marsh is, we'll get out of your fur."
Fennec gave a faint smile, he felt the slightest twinkle of pride as he was addressed as 'sir'. His head slightly tilted to the side as the little red kit, Flame, dig his paws in the ground. He seemed angry. Apparently, the two shared some words between each other. Fennec, feeling guilty, turned away and looked at another tree, whose bark was scarred with antler marks.

He turned his head back as the cream kit, Reed, turned back to him. Even though he wanted to help these kits, they seemed so independent and that they could care for themselves. So the only way to help them was to point them in the right direction. Only, The last time he had visited the marsh was a season ago, he was content when he found a closer water pool. He racked his brain as his expression turned lost. It was by the tree that the was struck by lightning. There was always a cluster of rocks on one side of the tree, and the then marsh was in the direction of where the rocks "pointed." And the lightning tree was...

"Go east." he directed, his head craning to see the sun. If it was rising, they'd go towards it, but if it was sinking they'd go away from it. "There is going to be a dead, black tree in that direction. I think there's an old rabbit trail going towards it. But anyways, there's going to be rocks on one side of the lightning tree..." in the dirt, he dragged a shape that looked vaguely like a dead tree, " When you find it, go in the direction the rocks are. So you walk away from the rocks. It should be close to there."

He nodded and recalled the previous times he had traveled there. Follow the faint rabbit trail there, look at the tree, circle the trunk to find the small rocks, the walk with your back to the rocks. He remembered coming upon the wide expanse of swamp, as well as prey, other cats, and animals, there was clean water. A perfect base to relax and let go for a period of time. Fennec directed his gaze back to the kits. They seemed like they needed a haven to wind down after the drama they were going through.