Old December 28th, 2022, 02:55 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Ferret's Landing

Wingnettle (she/her)
Long-furred white tortoiseshell with amber eyes

───── ⋆⋅✩⋅⋆ ─────

And here again, another cat appeared out of nowhere. Oh my, where did I end up?! The injured she-cat eyed distrustfully the newly arrived stranger and let her bleeding paw down gently, letting it brushing lightly the ground so that maybe no more cats would notice she was wounded, vulnerable.

She turned back to Mamba as she greeted casually the newcomer, but her tone still made every hair on Wingnettle's pelt prickle with annoyance. I don't know what on earth your name means, but it sure feels sour on my tongue. And she wasn't going to surrender so easily to the she-cat's tricks. Suddenly she wondered if Ferret even planned on returning. What if he was just fleeing from Mamba? She would remain here forever. Trapped with her. And another cat, that looked nearly as lost as her.

The tortoiseshell flicked her gaze to the other cat as Mamba asked yet again the same question. She made it look like nothing else mattered - why can't she just mind her own business? It's not like I want to stay with them or what. She flicked her ears in frustration, trying to ignore the pain at her leg. It pulsed, and had swelled up enough.

What a nice day I've had...

[ @Holly Jolly Ashie @Willow_Tree @SpiritedWarrior ]
Old December 28th, 2022, 04:30 PM
I am the reinforcements.

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Hungry

“My name is Aria,” Aria meowed, licking her white chest nervously.

@Willow_Tree
@SpiritedWarrior @Wingnettle

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw

Last edited by RavensCall; December 28th, 2022 at 04:30 PM.
Old December 29th, 2022, 08:46 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow_Tree View Post
Mamba

Mamba smirked at the stranger as Ferret left. “Will do.” She replied, sitting so she was facing the stranger. “Well, Ferret wants me to get a name, so I think it’d be easier if you just tell me your name so we can get that over with.” She said conversationally. She perked her ears at the stranger’s comment, and snickered, especially when she noticed the other cat’s mistrust and discomfort. It amused her greatly and her smirk got a bit bigger and definitely more mischievous . She could definitely play off of this, and at least it would keep her entertained until Ferret got back.

“Hmmm, that’s a bit of a rude way ta greet someone, don’t ya think?” Mamba responded, making sure her voice was cheerful and bright. She often found that that made already on edge cats even more uncertain, and in her current mood, she felt like poking at someone. “My name? Eh, well, that’s a good question for my parents! Well, if they were still alive that is.” She replied with fake thoughtfulness. “And if we’re judging names, only fair ta give me yours.” She said with a twinkle in her eye.

She looked around when she heard a voice call out and she chuckled. Looked like Ferret was popular today. “Not much, ‘cept the fact that your intruding on my friends territory.” She said with a mischievous snicker. “On the other hand, may I ask your name, stranger?” She inquired, trying to hide a smirk. Her ears twitched forward again, and there was a slightly playful look in her eyes. “Name’s Mamba by th’ way. A strange name if your going by her standards.” She said through a slight laugh, pointing at the other she-cat.

@Wingnettle @SpiritedWarrior @Holly Jolly Ashie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post
Wingnettle (she/her)

───── ⋆⋅✩⋅⋆ ─────

And here again, another cat appeared out of nowhere. Oh my, where did I end up?! The injured she-cat eyed distrustfully the newly arrived stranger and let her bleeding paw down gently, letting it brushing lightly the ground so that maybe no more cats would notice she was wounded, vulnerable.

She turned back to Mamba as she greeted casually the newcomer, but her tone still made every hair on Wingnettle's pelt prickle with annoyance. I don't know what on earth your name means, but it sure feels sour on my tongue. And she wasn't going to surrender so easily to the she-cat's tricks. Suddenly she wondered if Ferret even planned on returning. What if he was just fleeing from Mamba? She would remain here forever. Trapped with her. And another cat, that looked nearly as lost as her.

The tortoiseshell flicked her gaze to the other cat as Mamba asked yet again the same question. She made it look like nothing else mattered - why can't she just mind her own business? It's not like I want to stay with them or what. She flicked her ears in frustration, trying to ignore the pain at her leg. It pulsed, and had swelled up enough.

What a nice day I've had...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Jolly Ashie View Post
“My name is Aria,” Aria meowed, licking her white chest nervously.

@Willow_Tree
@SpiritedWarrior @Wingnettle

Ferret

After setting his catches in a sorry excuse of a pile, Ferret turned around and saw another unfamiliar face. Mamba, as usual, was making cats uncomfortable. This time, her victim was the Cat with No Name. Oh, boy. And it seemed like the Cat with No Name was getting too uncomfortable. Grabbing the marigold and cobwebs he had gathered at Pinewatch Patch, Ferret began approaching the stranger. Through the herbs, he grumbled a warning. "Alright, alright. No need to make her uncomfortable right now. I doubt she wants to be stuck here with a bunch of strangers. Back up, please, Mamba. You- other stranger, what's your name?"

He cast a quick glance at the new stranger and set the herbs down before twitching a whisker at the Cat with No Name. "I'm going to chew this marigold here and put it on your wound. And then I'm going to bandage it with this cobweb. Stand still, please. I don't wish to get you more injured than you already are."

He pointed his paw at the herbs as he explained them before picking up the marigold and beginning to chew it. It tasted disgusting, he didn't know how Elmshadow or Ivysnake could have dealt with the disgusting taste in their mouths all the time. After chewing the marigold, he bent down and attempted to try covering the wound. "This might sting a little."

After he hopefully got the wound covered in the yellow poultice, Ferret grabbed the wad of cobweb and wrapped it around the stranger's wound. "How's that feel? Do you think you can give us your name? I apologize for Mamba, by the way. She can be a little over the top if you don't know her that well."
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old January 1st, 2023, 06:54 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Wingnettle (she/her)

───── ⋆⋅✩⋅⋆ ─────

Finally, the first tom came back. With... his mouth full of.. What?
"Wait, who says you can rub your drool on my paw?!" She asked, stunned at what this weird cat was thinking of doing with her. Does he think he has magic or what?

But Wingnettle was tired, and honestly she knew that this cat was the probably the most trustworthy here. His eyes gave her more confidence, so that in the end she stretched out her injured leg and let him treat it as he thought best.
"Arrgh.." She suppressed a moan as a piercing, burning sensation spread on her leg. But soon it disappeared, and the injury felt surprisingly fresh.

"That's... better, actually.. I think..." She replied uncertainly, avoiding Mamba's judging gaze. She knew that if she turned, she would find mockery in her gaze. Instead, she ignored Ferret's question and glanced at the last newcomer, Aria.

"..What are you all doing here?" It seemed that this place attracted new cats like prey probably every day. What was the purpose of it? Why were strangers talking to her?

Last edited by Wingnettle; January 1st, 2023 at 06:54 AM.