ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by olive-shine
Today 09:36 AM

Old July 20th, 2018, 04:52 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default - hailey's home -

It felt like on a daily basis, Hailey was thinking about Ruben. He was the nicest tom she’d ever met, and one of the best friends, too. In her mind, they would always be together. She hadn’t liked Tove very much (the other she cat had seemed like competition) but it didn’t take a genius to realize she had a lot on the other feline. More moons of spending time with Reuben, a crush on him that was the size of her twolegs’ home, and their friendship felt more solid. After all, he had helped her through a lot. Would he really just throw that all away? Sitting on the fence, Hailey was glancing down the street, awaiting Ruben’s arrival. He came this way almost every day - and almost every day, she would greet him when he did. The more effort she put into her appearance, the better she felt about their conversations. It was the one part of her day that she looked forwards to the most. It was nice, getting to see her friend every day… and maybe one day, they would have a conversation as more than “just friends.” Hailey was just waiting for him to tell her that he liked her first, otherwise it would feel awkward… and unladylike. Besides, she had dropped plenty of hints! He didn’t have to feel awkward around her! They had all the time in the world, though… Hailey was pretty sure that she could wait a little longer. Some days she wanted to make it more obvious, even at the risk of seeming desperate… and some days, she wanted to just tell him. Get the whole thing over with, her moons of attraction and his moons of either ignoring or not noticing that attraction. It had never crossed Hailey’s mind that he wasn’t even a little bit attracted to her. In all of her fantasies, her wildest dreams, she had always imagined him confessing in the most beautiful area, and of course… she would be happy. In all of her fantasies, he had always loved her back. They were going to have the greatest romance of all time, just like in the movies her twolegs watched. Hailey had been paying close attention to all the gestures the female twolegs made, so that she could copy them when she saw Ruben again. And so here she was, waiting on the fence, for someone who (she hoped) was going to show up any second.

@Doodle

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; July 20th, 2018 at 04:55 PM.
Old July 20th, 2018, 05:02 PM
Ghostie

My Mood: Kingly
Default Re: - hailey's home -

What ar3 we supossed.to do here?
Old July 20th, 2018, 05:34 PM
Crazy Fox Lover

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
It felt like on a daily basis, Hailey was thinking about Ruben. He was the nicest tom she’d ever met, and one of the best friends, too. In her mind, they would always be together. She hadn’t liked Tove very much (the other she cat had seemed like competition) but it didn’t take a genius to realize she had a lot on the other feline. More moons of spending time with Reuben, a crush on him that was the size of her twolegs’ home, and their friendship felt more solid. After all, he had helped her through a lot. Would he really just throw that all away? Sitting on the fence, Hailey was glancing down the street, awaiting Ruben’s arrival. He came this way almost every day - and almost every day, she would greet him when he did. The more effort she put into her appearance, the better she felt about their conversations. It was the one part of her day that she looked forwards to the most. It was nice, getting to see her friend every day… and maybe one day, they would have a conversation as more than “just friends.” Hailey was just waiting for him to tell her that he liked her first, otherwise it would feel awkward… and unladylike. Besides, she had dropped plenty of hints! He didn’t have to feel awkward around her! They had all the time in the world, though… Hailey was pretty sure that she could wait a little longer. Some days she wanted to make it more obvious, even at the risk of seeming desperate… and some days, she wanted to just tell him. Get the whole thing over with, her moons of attraction and his moons of either ignoring or not noticing that attraction. It had never crossed Hailey’s mind that he wasn’t even a little bit attracted to her. In all of her fantasies, her wildest dreams, she had always imagined him confessing in the most beautiful area, and of course… she would be happy. In all of her fantasies, he had always loved her back. They were going to have the greatest romance of all time, just like in the movies her twolegs watched. Hailey had been paying close attention to all the gestures the female twolegs made, so that she could copy them when she saw Ruben again. And so here she was, waiting on the fence, for someone who (she hoped) was going to show up any second.

@Doodle
He was nervous. Oh, goodness, was Ruben nervous. Not about leaving behind the only life he knew, but ironically about telling someone he was about to do so. It seemed like the tom had known Hailey all his life, her being the first cat he'd met upon being taken to his new twolegs. The two had grown up together, experienced life together, and he'd never forget her. The molly meant so much to him, and he knew without a doubt that if he stayed behind rather than leave twolegplace, the two would have become more than what they were now. Hailey had been his first crush, and he'd spent quite the amount of time daydreaming about her. Now, however, things were different. He still cared for her- that was no secret to him, even if he struggled with showing it to the molly- but he no longer looked at his life with happiness. When it came down to it, life as a pet just wasn't satisfactory enough for the tom. He didn't want to become like his parents, having litter after litter only for them to be given away. He didn't want to stay here, either, and see the same old sights, the never-changing ways of the twolegs. No, he wanted to be a wild cat, out where he could see new things and experience new wonders. Along the way, he knew he'd fine what he was looking for, and that he'd have the perfect companion by his side.

As soon as Tove had agreed to leave with him, Ruben was ecstatic. He'd wanted to leave right away, but he could never do that without telling his childhood friend- and crush- that he was leaving. He knew the news would destroy Hailey, and that was what he was so nervous about coming here. But she'd be even more broken if he just vanished without telling her. The tom didn't want to leave the sweet molly wondering why he'd gone, leaving her without answers to her many questions he was sure she'd have for him. He wondered if she'd ask if he liked her. Oh, he sure hoped she wouldn't. Ruben didn't think he'd be able to look Hailey in the face and tell her that at one point, he'd even loved her, and then still leave her behind. In his mind, Tove's face popped back up. He might be leaving behind one potential romance, but he'd be leaving with another. Besides, Hailey deserved someone other than him, someone who'd be completely devoted and happy. If he stayed, he'd never be happy with his life, and he just couldn't do that to the molly- not when he cared so much for her. Looking up, he saw the molly he was so nervous to talk to and gave a small smile. She was here every day, and Ruben knew it was because she waited for him. Today, he'd be the first to greet her. Normally he waited for her to call out, just to make sure she was up for a chat. Right now, it didn't matter if she wanted to chat or not. He had to tell her something important. "Good day, Hailey," he called up, his nerves not showing in his clear voice. The tom hopped up onto her fence, making sure not to get too close. He wasn't sure the molly would want to be all cuddly and friendly with him once he broke the news to her. He still wasn't sure if he should tell her that Tove was coming with him or not. Of course, if Hailey asked this, he'd tell her the truth. He couldn't lie to her, not ever. Forcing a smile, he dipped his head as his greeting instead of pressing his cheek to hers, as he'd done so many times before. When he glanced up, he was sure his nervousness was visible in his eyes. He made sure to clear his throat before speaking again. "I've got some news for you."

[COLOR="Pink"]I am an old user returning (and completely starting over). I may not remember you, if you do happen to remember me- I'm sorry!
|Character Site|
Old July 31st, 2018, 05:12 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
He was nervous. Oh, goodness, was Ruben nervous. Not about leaving behind the only life he knew, but ironically about telling someone he was about to do so. It seemed like the tom had known Hailey all his life, her being the first cat he'd met upon being taken to his new twolegs. The two had grown up together, experienced life together, and he'd never forget her. The molly meant so much to him, and he knew without a doubt that if he stayed behind rather than leave twolegplace, the two would have become more than what they were now. Hailey had been his first crush, and he'd spent quite the amount of time daydreaming about her. Now, however, things were different. He still cared for her- that was no secret to him, even if he struggled with showing it to the molly- but he no longer looked at his life with happiness. When it came down to it, life as a pet just wasn't satisfactory enough for the tom. He didn't want to become like his parents, having litter after litter only for them to be given away. He didn't want to stay here, either, and see the same old sights, the never-changing ways of the twolegs. No, he wanted to be a wild cat, out where he could see new things and experience new wonders. Along the way, he knew he'd fine what he was looking for, and that he'd have the perfect companion by his side.

As soon as Tove had agreed to leave with him, Ruben was ecstatic. He'd wanted to leave right away, but he could never do that without telling his childhood friend- and crush- that he was leaving. He knew the news would destroy Hailey, and that was what he was so nervous about coming here. But she'd be even more broken if he just vanished without telling her. The tom didn't want to leave the sweet molly wondering why he'd gone, leaving her without answers to her many questions he was sure she'd have for him. He wondered if she'd ask if he liked her. Oh, he sure hoped she wouldn't. Ruben didn't think he'd be able to look Hailey in the face and tell her that at one point, he'd even loved her, and then still leave her behind. In his mind, Tove's face popped back up. He might be leaving behind one potential romance, but he'd be leaving with another. Besides, Hailey deserved someone other than him, someone who'd be completely devoted and happy. If he stayed, he'd never be happy with his life, and he just couldn't do that to the molly- not when he cared so much for her. Looking up, he saw the molly he was so nervous to talk to and gave a small smile. She was here every day, and Ruben knew it was because she waited for him. Today, he'd be the first to greet her. Normally he waited for her to call out, just to make sure she was up for a chat. Right now, it didn't matter if she wanted to chat or not. He had to tell her something important. "Good day, Hailey," he called up, his nerves not showing in his clear voice. The tom hopped up onto her fence, making sure not to get too close. He wasn't sure the molly would want to be all cuddly and friendly with him once he broke the news to her. He still wasn't sure if he should tell her that Tove was coming with him or not. Of course, if Hailey asked this, he'd tell her the truth. He couldn't lie to her, not ever. Forcing a smile, he dipped his head as his greeting instead of pressing his cheek to hers, as he'd done so many times before. When he glanced up, he was sure his nervousness was visible in his eyes. He made sure to clear his throat before speaking again. "I've got some news for you."
There was a small sting of disappointment in the pit of the kittypet’s stomach as Ruben was the first one to greet her - she was used to saying hello to him, to primping herself up a little more before he smiled back at her, and the fact that their routine was changing up right now gave her an odd feeling. She didn’t like the way the words sounded. There was something about them - she couldn’t tell what, but something - that meant things were going to change. Why would Ruben have greeted her first, after all? Swallowing, Hailey moved over just a little from her position on the fence, her eyes sparkling lightly… enough so that she could still look pleasant. ”Hi, Ruben.” Another sting of disappointment followed as he dipped his head to her instead, and the she cat wilted just a little bit. Why didn’t he want to touch her? Why was he avoiding her like this? Hailey wondered what she could have done wrong. As far as she knew, everything was fine between them… she’d just seen Ruben a couple of days ago, and they had been the same as always then.

Why was she being punished like this now? Cautiously, the she cat moved over so that she was beside Ruben, touching her nose to his ear lightly (in as friendly of a manner as she could), and giving him an odd look. ”Is everything okay? You look a little worried… you’re alright, aren’t you?” There was no end to the awful things that entered Hailey’s mind. He had fallen for another she cat, he was sick, his twolegs were forcing him to move, he didn’t want to be her friend anymore… but never did it occur to her that he could be leaving because he wanted to. For Hailey, Ruben would always be a part of her life. She’d had a crush on him for longer than she could remember, because he was handsome and thoughtful and kind, and because they’d been friends forever. Why would anything have to change now? The she cat curled her tail around him, almost possessively as she thought about another she cat entering the picture. Hailey remembered Tove, the feline who had greeted Ruben like she knew him so well before, and anger flew into her mind.

How could that scruffy she cat steal Ruben away? There was no way that anyone would choose Tove over Hailey, especially when the appearances of the two couldn’t be more different. She knew that there were rough-and-tumble she cats, but the fact that any of them would be chosen over her had never entered Hailey’s mind. As far as she was concerned, she was the prettiest of them all. It was no competition… right? The feline had never had reason to doubt her appearance, and she was confident that eventually, it would win her Ruben’s attention. Besides, she needed him! He was her rock, he gave her more confidence. There would never be another cat in Hailey’s life that she would have feelings for, she knew… at least, not as strong as her feelings for Ruben were. There would never be another cat in her life that she would think of in the same way. He was her first crush, and he was special.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old August 1st, 2018, 09:01 AM
Crazy Fox Lover

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
There was a small sting of disappointment in the pit of the kittypet’s stomach as Ruben was the first one to greet her - she was used to saying hello to him, to primping herself up a little more before he smiled back at her, and the fact that their routine was changing up right now gave her an odd feeling. She didn’t like the way the words sounded. There was something about them - she couldn’t tell what, but something - that meant things were going to change. Why would Ruben have greeted her first, after all? Swallowing, Hailey moved over just a little from her position on the fence, her eyes sparkling lightly… enough so that she could still look pleasant. ”Hi, Ruben.” Another sting of disappointment followed as he dipped his head to her instead, and the she cat wilted just a little bit. Why didn’t he want to touch her? Why was he avoiding her like this? Hailey wondered what she could have done wrong. As far as she knew, everything was fine between them… she’d just seen Ruben a couple of days ago, and they had been the same as always then.

Why was she being punished like this now? Cautiously, the she cat moved over so that she was beside Ruben, touching her nose to his ear lightly (in as friendly of a manner as she could), and giving him an odd look. ”Is everything okay? You look a little worried… you’re alright, aren’t you?” There was no end to the awful things that entered Hailey’s mind. He had fallen for another she cat, he was sick, his twolegs were forcing him to move, he didn’t want to be her friend anymore… but never did it occur to her that he could be leaving because he wanted to. For Hailey, Ruben would always be a part of her life. She’d had a crush on him for longer than she could remember, because he was handsome and thoughtful and kind, and because they’d been friends forever. Why would anything have to change now? The she cat curled her tail around him, almost possessively as she thought about another she cat entering the picture. Hailey remembered Tove, the feline who had greeted Ruben like she knew him so well before, and anger flew into her mind.

How could that scruffy she cat steal Ruben away? There was no way that anyone would choose Tove over Hailey, especially when the appearances of the two couldn’t be more different. She knew that there were rough-and-tumble she cats, but the fact that any of them would be chosen over her had never entered Hailey’s mind. As far as she was concerned, she was the prettiest of them all. It was no competition… right? The feline had never had reason to doubt her appearance, and she was confident that eventually, it would win her Ruben’s attention. Besides, she needed him! He was her rock, he gave her more confidence. There would never be another cat in Hailey’s life that she would have feelings for, she knew… at least, not as strong as her feelings for Ruben were. There would never be another cat in her life that she would think of in the same way. He was her first crush, and he was special.
He felt awful. Ruben could see that Hailey knew something was wrong, and she seemed devastated, especially so at his dip of the head. How foolish of him to think he'd be able to start off with a casual talk; of course the molly would pick up on his different emotions. They knew each other so well, after all, so she probably could tell as soon as she saw him. The two cats had been together for so long, it was no wonder they could read each other almost perfectly. Take right now, for instance. Ruben could see hurt, confusion, and maybe a bit of fear in Hailey's eyes. She was definitely not going to take the news lightly. He wondered if she'd freak out and start shouting at him, or if she'd simply be speechless. If he had to choose one over the other, he'd rather her be speechless than angry at him. He couldn't remember ever having Hailey mad at him- after all, Ruben always made sure not to anger her as he cared so much for the she-cat- and he wasn't looking forward to figuring out what it'd feel like. Anxiously, he shuffled on his paws, gaze dropping to the fence beneath their paws instead of looking her in the eyes. If he didn't make eye contact, maybe she wouldn't be able to read him as well.

The tom almost winced at her gentle touch. Her kindness and fond greeting almost destroyed him; he didn't deserve for Hailey to treat him this way, not when he was going to hurt her. He took in a deep breath, fighting the urge to let it out in a sigh, before he answered her. "Yes- yes, I'm alright. I'm not sick or anything. I'm more than alright, actually. Like, you'd never believe how past alright I am right now." He was rambling- he never rambled, what was getting into him?- and his rambling wasn't even making full sense. He peeked a glance up at the molly. Hailey was giving him an odd look. He quickly looked back down, though he realized now that by refusing to meet her gaze, she'd probably be able to think through what was going on even better. Or she'd start overthinking, like Ruben knew she often did. He realized she'd probably already come to the conclusion that there was someone else. The curling of her tail around him seemed to prove this even more, and the tom pressed his eyes closed. This was going to be even harder than he though it would be if she was going to go on being the sweet cat she was- the sweet cat he'd fallen for, once upon a time.

She deserves to be looked in the eye when you tell her, he scolded himself. Upon opening his eyes, he lifted his head and placed his gaze back on Hailey, taking in her face. She was as beautiful as ever, and he couldn't help the sadness the flickered into his gaze as he tried to press her face into his memory. He didn't ever want to forget this molly, or forget the ways she made him feel. Tove made him feel all sorts of ways, too, but not like with Hailey. Both she-cats were different, and his feelings for them- while ultimately having fond, romantic feelings for both- were still different. He suspected that feelings for any romantic partner would not be the same from cat to cat. It didn't mean he liked Tove any less than Hailey, or Hailey any less than Tove... it was just that each feeling was different, and while he enjoyed the way Hailey made him feel... Tove was the cat he needed in his life. She was who would travel the world with him. He understood that, but it didn't make leaving behind his childhood love any harder. Taking in a breath, Ruben decided to be upfront about what was happening. Hailey deserved the truth- the entire truth- after all. In that moment, he decided to tell her everything, including his feelings that he had for her, and likely always would have. He'd start off small, however, and work them up to the harder parts of the truth. "Hailey, I'm leaving." There. It was said, out there, and it couldn't be taken back. Ruben's gaze searched the molly's, trying to gauge her reaction.

(Oh my god this was even hard to type... I don't think he'll ever not love Hailey)

[COLOR="Pink"]I am an old user returning (and completely starting over). I may not remember you, if you do happen to remember me- I'm sorry!
|Character Site|
Old August 10th, 2018, 11:47 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
He felt awful. Ruben could see that Hailey knew something was wrong, and she seemed devastated, especially so at his dip of the head. How foolish of him to think he'd be able to start off with a casual talk; of course the molly would pick up on his different emotions. They knew each other so well, after all, so she probably could tell as soon as she saw him. The two cats had been together for so long, it was no wonder they could read each other almost perfectly. Take right now, for instance. Ruben could see hurt, confusion, and maybe a bit of fear in Hailey's eyes. She was definitely not going to take the news lightly. He wondered if she'd freak out and start shouting at him, or if she'd simply be speechless. If he had to choose one over the other, he'd rather her be speechless than angry at him. He couldn't remember ever having Hailey mad at him- after all, Ruben always made sure not to anger her as he cared so much for the she-cat- and he wasn't looking forward to figuring out what it'd feel like. Anxiously, he shuffled on his paws, gaze dropping to the fence beneath their paws instead of looking her in the eyes. If he didn't make eye contact, maybe she wouldn't be able to read him as well.

The tom almost winced at her gentle touch. Her kindness and fond greeting almost destroyed him; he didn't deserve for Hailey to treat him this way, not when he was going to hurt her. He took in a deep breath, fighting the urge to let it out in a sigh, before he answered her. "Yes- yes, I'm alright. I'm not sick or anything. I'm more than alright, actually. Like, you'd never believe how past alright I am right now." He was rambling- he never rambled, what was getting into him?- and his rambling wasn't even making full sense. He peeked a glance up at the molly. Hailey was giving him an odd look. He quickly looked back down, though he realized now that by refusing to meet her gaze, she'd probably be able to think through what was going on even better. Or she'd start overthinking, like Ruben knew she often did. He realized she'd probably already come to the conclusion that there was someone else. The curling of her tail around him seemed to prove this even more, and the tom pressed his eyes closed. This was going to be even harder than he though it would be if she was going to go on being the sweet cat she was- the sweet cat he'd fallen for, once upon a time.

She deserves to be looked in the eye when you tell her, he scolded himself. Upon opening his eyes, he lifted his head and placed his gaze back on Hailey, taking in her face. She was as beautiful as ever, and he couldn't help the sadness the flickered into his gaze as he tried to press her face into his memory. He didn't ever want to forget this molly, or forget the ways she made him feel. Tove made him feel all sorts of ways, too, but not like with Hailey. Both she-cats were different, and his feelings for them- while ultimately having fond, romantic feelings for both- were still different. He suspected that feelings for any romantic partner would not be the same from cat to cat. It didn't mean he liked Tove any less than Hailey, or Hailey any less than Tove... it was just that each feeling was different, and while he enjoyed the way Hailey made him feel... Tove was the cat he needed in his life. She was who would travel the world with him. He understood that, but it didn't make leaving behind his childhood love any harder. Taking in a breath, Ruben decided to be upfront about what was happening. Hailey deserved the truth- the entire truth- after all. In that moment, he decided to tell her everything, including his feelings that he had for her, and likely always would have. He'd start off small, however, and work them up to the harder parts of the truth. "Hailey, I'm leaving." There. It was said, out there, and it couldn't be taken back. Ruben's gaze searched the molly's, trying to gauge her reaction.

(Oh my god this was even hard to type... I don't think he'll ever not love Hailey)
Something was wrong. Hailey could feel it coming off of him in waves, this whole conversation was just… off. It was messed up, and she felt sick to her stomach thinking about what it could be. In her mind, even in her worst nightmares, Ruben had never left her. Perhaps once when she was younger, when she’d first started crushing on him, but now they had history. They’d had a story together, hadn’t they? They were close, right? Hailey’s heart started speeding up as she imagined every single awful scenario she could, most of which involved him leaving now. She could see his twolegs forcing him to move, she could see his house burning down, maybe there was a - another friend who needed his help, but… willingly? For no particular reason? That thought would never enter Hailey’s mind. After all, as far as she knew, they were the closest of friends. They had been good friends for a very, very long time now.
And good friends didn’t just abandon each other. ”Oh, good. I’m glad you’re alright.” The she cat tried to smile, but it came off as uneasy, and unnatural. It was hard to feel natural with the way that he was looking at her. Something was coming, and Hailey - who had never been good in social situations, who was not the best at picking up on clues - could tell. His next words hit her like a train. It felt like all the air had been pushed out of her lungs, and for a minute, she just stared at him. Heartbroken. ”L - leaving?” The word came out as a whisper, and she pinned her ears back to her head, her eyes swimming with unshed tears. ”But… you can’t leave me.” It had been so long since Hailey had lost a friend that she had forgotten that dull ache that just grew stronger and stronger the more she thought about it. No more Ruben meant no more talks or walks together in the morning.
No more Ruben meant no more feeling of confidence, of strength, of security… no more happiness and smiling, laughing, no more bubbly-awkward feelings that warmed her from her ears to her tail, no more of any of that. ”Is it your twolegs? Are they making you move? Because - because if so, you could live with me! I’ll find somewhere to keep you, I mean, I’m sure they won’t mind… they know you… or does another friend need you? You’re coming back, right? I mean, this is only temporary, you - you have to come back.” Hailey could feel her breaths growing shorter and shorter as she spoke, until eventually she was on the verge of hyperventilating. She wanted to breathe. She wanted to scream, to speak, to do anything… but she couldn’t. Right now all she could do was give her best “betrayed” look to Ruben and hope that he would find some way to stay with her.
It was then that another dark, horrible thought entered her mind. Tove. The she cat Hailey had met before, the one that she hadn’t liked pretty much instantly… was it her? Was Ruben in love with someone else? Again, even in Hailey’s worst nightmares, this had rarely happened. She had never thought that he would actually go with someone else, that he would reject her - this was like living one of those dark nightmares out. Screw that, it wasn’t just like living it out, she was living it out. Anger burned within Hailey’s normally soft, friendly gaze. ”Is it Tove?” The words were spoken with more harshness than she intended, considering she had never so much as spoken an angry word to Ruben, and she wished she could take them back almost instantly. But the words kept coming. ”Are you leaving with her? Are you leaving me, do you… do you really want to go with her instead of staying with me?” Am I not important to you anymore? Are you choosing her? Why are you doing this? She couldn’t say anything else. Hailey fell silent, her eyes scanning Ruben’s face for answers. Answers that she hoped were coming very, very soon.