fog and truth [f]
by alec
Last post by alec
Today 02:13 AM

Old July 20th, 2020, 11:11 PM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Default quietly alone and captured {Closed}

It had been a bare moment. They'd been caught somehow as they had left their mother's nest... All Cypress had wanted was to explore the world slowly but then THEIR world had been turned upside down by some weird creature picking them up as they'd been busy... being themselves. And they didn't like it. Proceeding to be locked in a cage and then taken somewhere strange they got more and more dizzy and disorientated until they finally... passed out.
-
Waking up on something soft, they looked around in bewilderment. Where were they?! Why weren't they back home with Mama and Mamma? Looking around again they were in some... steel cage or something. Had they been eaten by it? Cypress didn't know but they couldn't help but wonder what the living lights was going on. It was confusing. What they did know was that they were hungry. They might be large and all but it still meant they had to eat... and food. Nosing around inside this metal thing they wanted to give it a smack but they also truly wanted food. Food! It was similar to milk she'd gotten from Mama but in a weird substance... it didn't taste the same either but they would take that. For now. And so, with a belly full, wondering where they were and why they felt warm with nothing to warm them, they curled up and fell asleep.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old July 22nd, 2020, 01:19 PM
wanna play a game?

Bump Policy: every 4 days

Default Re: quietly alone and captured {Closed}

weEH dA doOO woOOh da duh dOO deeEE

GRILL hummed loudly as he just chilled in a corner, his fat above average size belly very visible as he lay on his back comfortably. what a wonderful time to be alive! was it a wonderful time to be dead, too? probably not. but at least he was alive! so the time was wonderful. getting up to his paws, GRILL let out a long groansigh, sllooowwwllyyy stretching out his limbs one by one.

"and that's one leggg,"
"and, ooF, thats the otherr,"
"oW MY BACK"
"ah, there we go.." he commented aloud to himself, sauntering around the den lazily. TSK TSK, what to do?

wait a dang minute.

was that new kitty cat he spotted? it sure looked like one. DARNDOODLEDOO THIS WAS EXCITING. since when had they gotten here? he didn't think they'd been here yesterday, or the day before, but then again his memory had the sharpness of a blade of grass, so it wasn't like he could really know unless he asked. "yoooohoo~!" GRILL greeted, walking up to the cat. ooh, they were in those little.. enclosed spaces that he used to be in. that definitely meant they were new. or annoying. either one was fine by him! "HOWDY THere! haven't seen you around before! do ya got a name? i'm GRILL!" he said, shouting his name. after the fact, GRILL realized that.. the poor cat was asleep. pshshh, they could get sleep later. who knew how long they'd been sleeping, anyway? oh no -- what if they were dead? no.. that movement was them breathing, right? yeah, yeah, GRILL shouldn't make assumptions like that.

this was going to be fun.
// @Arie
Old July 31st, 2020, 11:23 PM
emergency hiatus

-- @hope --

Slowly waking up, more or less due to the loud noises in around them Cypress looked around and spotted a.... ugly as hell cat. Who was being extremely loud and nosy AND noisy. Looking down at the ugly shape they shook their head and slowly rose up to their paws. "hey loud mouth, STAY QUIET!" Cypress was in no interest to having their small kitten ears blown up because of this fat cat that wouldn't let them sleep. On that topic... was there food here? Food... Milk. Despite technically being old enough to eat prey, Cypress had never properly been weaned and they felt their stomach twinge a bit. This was bad wasn't it? They didn't exactly know, but nevertheless, shaking their head they tried to push open the cage. "Who am i.... I'M....Cypress!" Yeh, and they were better than him! for sure. Who the hell was named GRILL anyway and what the living lights were a GRILL? was it like a new species of tree? They had no honest clue and only at the moment wished they could open this cage of theirs themselves. But they were still too young, still too tiny and only sat down to glare at GRILL. "can you free me?"

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old August 6th, 2020, 11:20 PM
wanna play a game?

Bump Policy: every 4 days

// @Arie
once cypress was done practically yelling at him, GRILL smiled to himself. ah. time to pretend to be philosophical. teehee. "Well, my dearest -- what'd you say your respective title was? Cypress? -- well, you see my dearest Cypress, a mouth should be pretty loud. How do you define loud? I think of loudness as.. producing a nice amount of noise, y'know? You can hear it easily if something is loud. But isn't that what a mouth should be? Loud? Because if you don't have a loud mouth, you have a.. quiet mouth, or a mouth.. that doesn't produce much noise, y'hear me? And if your voice is quiet... well, what are you supposed to do? Because without my loud voice, my loud mouth, I wouldn't be me! You wouldn't be me, either! So there wouldn't be a me! A fragment of me, a fragment of my personality, lost in the wind, faded with the whispering remnant of my quiet mouth, gone without a single trace; the perfect crime, no evidence left behind. So you see here, what you said is actually quite the lovely compliment! I absolutely love when someone tells me I have a loud mouth! Thank you for gracing me with the wisdom that I have my full me intact! So no, I will not silence myself!

I CANNOT BE SILENCED!

A voice is for speaking, is it not?" looking at cypress with squinty eyes, he ignored the young'n's wishes to be freed, instead saying a simple, "so... ya like food?" he asked, smirking with satisfaction as he sat next to the place where cypress was being.. held captive. "you're my hostage, y'know! i feel so powerful! woOO! i can feel the power in my blood! i can free you whenever i want.. or i can leave you alone! y'know -- shut that loud mouth of mineee? go look over at that -- OOO SHINY!" GRILL was about to go touch the shiny thing before remembering that he was supposed to be seeming threatening.

"now tell me, cyppie, do you prefer your pellets square or round?" GRILL asked, walking over to the little thing that his food was all stored up inside. square all the way. the round ones where almost as disgusting as cypress's attitu --- er, nothing.

Last edited by panchiko; September 20th, 2020 at 10:57 PM.