LF rc victim
Last post by furrensic
Today 09:17 AM

Old March 6th, 2022, 01:26 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Tiffy's Little Grove

A quaint, but pretty garden set behind a small twoleg cottage. It has plenty of trees and plants, and the fence is lined with rose bushes. You can often hear the soft jingle of windchimes, or the bubbling of water in a birdbath. The garden is accessed through a small dip under the fence, just wide enough for a cat to slip under.

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit
Old March 6th, 2022, 01:42 PM
Winter/Holiday Pine'Paw!

My Mood: Bored

Default Re: Tiffy's Little Grove

A pair of gleaming green eyes appeared behind the fence. A fiery orange tom with no tail stepped into the light. He quietly slipped over to the dip. He shimmied under it to get through to the fence. The garden looking place he came into seemed qauint. He slowly padded through, taking in the fresh aroma. Never had he been in such a twoleg garden that was so wonderful.
Old March 6th, 2022, 02:05 PM
watermeon

The cream feline inhaled deeply as she stepped out into the garden, her ear twitching behind her as the familiar sound of her little cat door clasping shut echoed her exit of the house. Tiffy's housefolk were so lovely to gift the molly her own little entrance to outside. She knew of some cats who couldn't enter their gardens unless there housefolk let them out, and she could recall meeting one cat at the cutter who lamented the fact that they were never allowed outside. Really, the atrocity of it. If Tiffy's housefolk had insisted she stay cooped up, then she would.. well she didn't quite know what she would do, but whatever it was would certainly make them knowledgeable of her irritability in the situation.

The molly made a bee-line for the large rock at the corner of her garden, an ideal day to sun on warm days such as this. It was so nice that the weather had began to warm up some - though with warmth usually came humidity, and puffy fur. Still, it was nothing a bit of grooming couldn't handle. On that thought, Tiffy began rasping her tongue over her shoulder, smoothing out a bit of ruffled fur.

Occasionally her clear blue eyes would flick to her fence at the sound of rustling, her ears pricked eagerly in the hopes that someone was coming to visit. She - like most housecats - had decided to spend most of the cooler month's indoors. However, this also meant she was severely lacking on socialization, and was now more impatient than ever to talk with someone, even if it was just simple gossip. Thankfully, it seemed she may have some luck as a young tom slipped into the garden from under the fence.

The molly's face brightened as she got to her paws, and she padded over with a smile on her face. "Hello! I don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting before, have we? My name is Tiffy." The she cat sat down, now in front of the stranger, and curled her tail over her paws neatly.

@Pine'Paw

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”

profile image credits:
Old March 6th, 2022, 02:19 PM
Winter/Holiday Pine'Paw!

My Mood: Bored

Lion had never expected to enter a kittypet garden and find one outside in this weather. So it was just his luck when one came. He quietly waited at the entrance of the fence, a few feet from the dip that led into the garden. He was glad when the kittypet came over. "I'm Lion. No kittypet blood in me. Just a cat from the forest." He chuckled at his words, knowing he sounded a bit silly.
@Naiad

Last edited by Pine'Paw; March 6th, 2022 at 02:19 PM.
Old March 6th, 2022, 06:41 PM
watermeon

The she-cat's eyes grew wide as the tom spoke. A forest cat? She hadn't had one of those wander into her garden yet! Usually it was just a kittypet from a neighboring yard, or occasionally a stray looking for something to eat. She had heard rumors of those forest cats, and about how there were a couple of different kinds of them. She assumed this one wasn't a twoname - those who lived in those big groups she had heard of - so he must be one of the loners, or whatever they called them. "The forest? What's that like?" She had ventured into the edge of the woods a few times, but she couldn't say she had truly experienced what they were like. Maybe she would go a little deeper next time she wandered over there.

@Pine'Paw

profile image credits:

Last edited by beau; March 6th, 2022 at 08:48 PM.
Old March 7th, 2022, 09:04 AM
trying to figure out life

~ Ivy ~
Testing out a new little cat here @Naiad //

She had been... well, just walking, walking walking, in her thoughts wandering forward on the street while in her head making up a little rule for herself not to step on the lines or cracks between the flat stones that made up the street. Usually she would be hunting and looking for food, like a responsible little kitty, but just an hour ago she had found the food blow of a foolish kittypet, who thought they could just leave their food out like that and trust no one would touch it (dumb little cats hehe hehe). So now she was full like a.... like a... like a hungry cat after a good meal!

The sudden sound of something made her stuffed ears pick up with interest. It sounded like the jingle of a kittypet bell, but softer. She looked around with a slight grin spreading on her face. It came from near a twoleg prison, near a bunch of.... roses? OK she just HAD to check it out, it was the law that Ivy had to follow her curiosity as long as her life was one the line, and a few bells couldn't beat her AMAZING fighting skills.

So bouncing over to the roses, she found a little place in the fence where she could slip in. She had sworn never to enter a twolegs prison again, but this was just the garden, so no rules broken! As she entered, she found the winds making the sound by causing a few odd things to move around and hit each other. "That's weird...."

Last edited by Hopeless; March 7th, 2022 at 09:04 AM.
Old March 7th, 2022, 09:19 AM
watermeon

[going to clone Tiffy for this!]

The molly was half-asleep on her little sunning rock, her tail curled up beside her as she stretched out. Her eyes fluttered open for a half-second, ears twitching as the soft sound of steps caught her attention. For a brief moment, she thought it might be her housefolk coming to tend to the garden, or perhaps to check on her, but much to her surprise it was a visitor! She got to her paws, gracefully leaping off her rock, and approached the new stranger. She didn't look like a kittypet, but, then again, her mother had taught not to judge based on appearances. Perhaps she just preferred the more ruffled look.

Tiffy's clear blue gaze flicked up to the windchimes, which seemed to have captured the new she-cats attention, and a smile formed on her face. "Aren't they lovely? They make such a pretty noise." It reminded her a bit of the bell on her collar when they rang. Though, like the bell, they would occasionally get on her nerves. "They do make it quite hard to nap out here on windy days, though. Not that I come out much when it's particularly breezy." She had found that the wind often tangled her fur, causing it to become a bit wild, and so she general tried to come outside on more calm days.

The cream kittypet stared at the windchimes for a moment longer before the realization struck her that she had apparently forgot all the manners her mother had taught her. "Oh! Hello, by the way. My name is Tiffy, how do you do?" She sat down now, allowing her tail to rest over her paws as she spoke.

@Hopeless

profile image credits:
Old March 8th, 2022, 08:23 AM

~ Ivy ~
@Naiad

A voice sounded, making her tufted ears pricked up once again, and she looked up to see... some kittypet. She glanced them up and down, but determined them not to be a threat, being a kittypet and all. She frowned slightly as they called the noisy things 'lovely', and could not wrap her mind around how someone could think that clincking sound was at all fun to endure. "I... prefer the birds..." She mewed, looking up at the... whatever those thing were. Bird didn't make that noise every time the wind blew, and you could get them to shut up if you ran at them.

Anyway. She looked towards the kittypet again and her sky blue eyes narrowed, as if she was trying to see through the cat. Tiffy? What kind of name was that. Was it something similar to tuft, or fluffy? It sounded a little like a mix of tuft, fluffy, and pretty. Weird name though, mixing words or not. "Im spo-" Well, her name was Spotty, but she did prefer Ivy, after she had seen the plant she gat become fascinated by it, and it sounded a lot cooler, and less like a dumb kittypet name. "IVY! My name is Ivy!"

"how do you do?" So that was something people said, apparently. "Uh... stuff?" Yeah, she did stuff, a lot of stuff. "Ya know, finding food, sleeping, learning a lot of stuff, about the world, and so on." Stuff. Doing stuff. It was a good way to explain her average day. "So, Tiffy, what do you do" or how do you do or whatever.
Old March 12th, 2022, 01:49 PM
watermeon

The molly's ear flicked as the newcomer began to speak, introducing herself. "Ivy? That's such a pretty name! Oh, have you ever though about decorating your fur with some ivy? I'm quite certain we could find some cobweb around my garden..." Tiffy's bright blue eyes scanned the area for a moment, before she finally shook her head. "Nevermind that. Perhaps another time." No need to get side-tracked from their conversation quite yet. Besides, she wasn't really in the mood to go rummaging through the rosebushes for cobwebs, at least not today.

She giggled as Ivy seemed to misunderstand her question, "Oh, I only meant 'how are you', dear!" Her light laughter carried into her sentence. "It's a phrase my mother used, though she was a bit of an old-fashioned cat, and I'm afraid I may have adorned some tendencies from her." She did love the odd words and phrases her mother used: they were all so unique, and she adored the sophistication they added to a conversation. Of course, it did lead to miscommunications from time the time, but that simply meant more time spent talking, and that wasn't necessarily a bad thing to Tiffy.

"As for what I do, well, I suppose it's many of the same things you do. I sleep, I explore around the village, I learn things too.. though most of that's through experimentation. I can't say I really go find food, since my housefolk simply lay it out for me, but sometimes I do find an extra scrap or two outside of some twoleg nests." She sat down as she spoke, curling her fluffy tail over her paws. "Do you live around here? I don't believe I've ever seen you before, but, of course, there is a lot of cats who live around here.

@Hopeless

profile image credits:
Old March 12th, 2022, 02:24 PM

~ Ivy ~
@Naiad

As the conversation went on Ivy had settled into a more comfy position, loafing down (not because she was bored, it just helped her focus if was relaxed) as she listed, but when Tiffy started to talk about her name and mentioned putting plants in her fur her blue eyes widened in discussed horror. "Plants? In my pelt?! I mean, the things are pretty or whatever, but putting the stuff all over ya?" And COBWEBS!? What kind of place had she wandered into.

Ivy blinked away the confusion from her face as the kittypet changed the topic and forgot about the whole stuff-stuff-in-your-fur-thingy, and instead started laughing at her (yes yes, much better). Though the conffussed look came back as Tiffy started talking about what the odd thing she had said actually meant. How do you do. How could that mean 'how are you'? It was really wired, and didn't get any more normal when she was called dear by a total stranger. Well isn't this a normal day. Apparently other kittypets talked wired (real fun not understand others).

Ok, finally something normal to talk about. She had actually expected for the kittypet to just sit still at home all day, since that was what her life had been growing up, but apparently this one wasn't like that. She raised a hindpaw to scratch behind her ear without taking her gaze of Tiffy, but stopped in the middle of a scratch as the word 'experimentation' came up. She was still like a bolder and her tail started to jerk around in inpatient until Tiffy was done. "Nah Im not from here, grew up in a different place, Im just exploring, but what did you say about experimentation? What kind, exactly?" Curiosity about the world and new things had always been something driving Ivy forward.