Today 02:52 PM

Old June 2nd, 2024, 07:17 PM
I have the high ground

Bump Policy: 72 Hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Thunderglade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

Poppypaw was quite happy following Lioncrest out into the territory, marvelling at her surroundings still, and crunching up her nose at the strong scent of the border. She wobbled along, tripping here and there with an occasional fall - but her knees were already long scrapped, and the apprentice never paid them any mind.

Nearly bumping into her mentor when she came to halt, Poppypaw looked up with wide but happy eyes, nodding vigorously at his words. She was extremely excited to show off the cool hunting skills Bigcat taught her! She couldn't wait!!
"Look, look!"

The apprentice mew happily, positioning herself several paces away from the indicate leaf. Immediately, she sunk low to the ground, wobbling. He stance grew wide, wider than a normal cats', but she was careful to keep her wispy belly fur low but off the ground and her tail straight behind her.

By now she knew she what she had to do next: sneak! She swayed her tail from left to right once or twice before forcing it to remain still, her paw steps as quiet as she could get them with her awkward walking. She snuck forth, keeping low and zig-zagging about to utilise the heavier parts of grass and hide behind them, slowly trying to get closer until...

"Poppyyyyyyyyyyyy.... HUNT!!!!"
She announces with glee, a jump heavily pushed by her back legs leading her to land with two paws upon the leaf before tumbling to her side with a laugh, the leaf between her paws. Looking up at Lioncrest from her position on the ground, Poppypaw grinned.
"Good? Did Poppy do good??"

~ Lioncrest ~

Amber eyes narrowed in an evaluating look as he observed his apprentice assume a... Slightly modified hunting crouch, before starting their approach. While their gait was still uneven and staggered, the large tom was admittedly impressed by the softness that they managed to move with. At least until they hollered out their next move as they leapt towards their target and toppled over.

Wincing slightly at the noise, Lioncrest could practically hear the local prey scattering to the wind after their howling glee and laughter. That would be their first area of improvement.

"Did this 'Bigcat' intend for you to only ever catch one piece of prey per patrol?" he grumbled, tail twitching as he padded forward to nudge Poppypaw back up onto her paws with a huff. "Come now, let us try again. Attempt to imitate my stance; your paws should be slightly closer together, but your approach was relatively acceptable. Practice will be key to your improvement."

Dropping into a well-versed hunting crouch, the large, golden warrior slowly presented his own movements for Poppypaw to observe.

"Now, if you do not wish to scare off all the rest of the forest's prey you must complete your attack silently," he rumbled, glancing back to ensure she was paying attention before adjusting his haunches and exploding forward to leap towards another leaf on the ground. Large paws planted onto his target, and with a pleased flick of his tail Lioncrest hooked the leaf onto a claw before flicking it further into the clearing.

"Now again. Attempt another approach with what I've just shown you."

[ @Estelle ]

Old June 4th, 2024, 08:02 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Spiderthroat
He/Him || ThunderClan Deputy
Beefed Up Tier III || Just a Scratch || Hulk SMASH
@Rani ; @dino. ; @vellichor ; @BEAR.

He didn't even bother to listen to Mudhound as they began chatting with Redhawk. Definitely happy he'd missed the nose boop or whatever the other had done. If Mudhound decided to come and find their sister, good for them.

Wordlessly he made his way towards the WindClan border. Didn't they have something about tunnels, surely there was an opening somewhere around here where all those idiots are alive. Or at least two of them, as long as one was Bumblestar he didn't care.

Sucking in a breath, Spiderthroat decided that, hey, he didn't need to look too suspicoius beside the border, and could instead just look crazy.

"GET OUT HERE YOU MOUSE BILE'D, FLEA RIDDEN, OWL PELLET MUNCHING IDIOTS!!!!!"

Surely that would suffice. If any were alive, they would hear him...if they were even around here, that is.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old June 4th, 2024, 08:11 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Mudhound
Thunderclan Hornet | They/them | 35 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

Having given goodbyes and darted after Spiderthroat the tripod could admit they were a little...... Confused about why they were heading for the border but followed regardless.

Of course then the tom started yelling prompting a yelp and a jump from the tripod because no reasonable cat would use that method to try and find a lost leader, leaders girlfriend and leaders son and usually the deputy was a reasonable cat. Maybe the fisher had hit him over the head?

Regardless, golden eyes blew wide and Mudhound realized the potential issue in the call and quickly followed up with a

"THAT ISNT AIMED AT ANY WINDCLAN CAT WHO MAY BE IN THE AREA SORRY!!!!! ANYONE OVER THE BORDER PLEASE DISREGARD AND IF YOURE BUMBLE-SIS, VIVIVIVI OR WOOFIE, REGARD! HEEEEEEEREEEE LEADERLEADERLEADER! PSPSPSPSPSPS!!!"
Did it make sense, no but anyone who knew Mudhound would be able to tell it was them so that was what mattered.

Plus they followed that up with frantic sniffing all around, instinctively heading in the direction of their vanished family without thinking about it like some sort of brain dead bloodhound.

@dino. @vellichor @BEAR. @Starfall

Last edited by Rani; June 4th, 2024 at 08:13 PM.
Old June 6th, 2024, 05:34 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Poppypaw looked up inquisitively at Mr.Crest, confused by his grumble. Was her crouch not perfect, and her jump exquisite? She tilted her head, letting herself be pushed up, taking the chance to quickly snuggle Mr.Crest before her expression return to confusion and, eventually, amusement. She watched with round hazel eyes and twitchy curled ears as the warrior took on the narrowed stance that caused her so much trouble, studying the movement carefully. Now, what was impressive, was the silence. Did they really have to be that quiet? She found sceptical, too, as Poppypaw generated power through the scream and yet it seemed to be what Mr.Crest wanted. First off, though, she had to set something right.

“But Mr. Crest! Bigcat said Poppy's stance was fine, because Poppy gets even more wobbly and uneven and falls when I keeps my paws so close together. Look!”
She demonstrated, a wide stance turning narrow – much like that of Lioncrest – and though (despite she wobbles) she managed to keep her balance for a few wobbly seconds, once the time came to walk, Poppypaw was soon sprawled out on the ground. She lifted her head.
“Bigcat said Poppy can keep a wider stance, since it gives Poppy more stability, mhm! Poppy likes the wider stance, more, too! I fall less!”
She mewed happily, pushing herself back up resuming her stance once more – this time wider and more stable, less likely to fall despite stiff leg movements and wobbles as she snuck closer to a leaf (unsheathing her claws like she had seen Mr. Crest do just now) and pounced forward! Her landing halted and aided by claws digging through the leaf into the ground, this time suppressing her call of strength being replaced a good Oof!

“Was that good, Mr. Crest, was that good??”
She asked, looking up excitedly.

[ @Jayvines ]

Last edited by Estelle; June 6th, 2024 at 05:34 PM.
Old June 8th, 2024, 04:02 AM

My Mood: Hopeful

SilverFur moves swiftly staying to her edge of the border. She would glance over the border using her nose to detect either friends, fies or prey. A few old scents, mainly where they renewed the border markers. She would move along the border before detecting a ruffle in a stone. Careless prey, she would lower herself into a crouch and move fowards towards it.

It ran along the border and suddenly she sprung after it, several paces it moved inside the border by several tail lengths, that's as far as it got before being trapped under her fluffy paws. Dispatching the mouse wasn't hard work. She would pick it up and give the customary thanks to star clan for this prey. Looking around the weather was pleasant and multiple prey scents in the air, a good hunting spot.

She twitches her whiskers and glances up with the mouse's tail firmly in her grip. She moves to one of the nearby rocks to stash her prize. She would then continue to go back to hunting around this area. Occasionally straying over the border but usually not by much. Then again it wouldn't take much to get caught, her white fur blended well into the rocks but stood out among any nearby frees

Last edited by SilverFur.; June 8th, 2024 at 04:05 AM.
Old Today, 02:09 PM
I have the high ground

Bump Policy: 72 Hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

Poppypaw looked up inquisitively at Mr.Crest, confused by his grumble. Was her crouch not perfect, and her jump exquisite? She tilted her head, letting herself be pushed up, taking the chance to quickly snuggle Mr.Crest before her expression return to confusion and, eventually, amusement. She watched with round hazel eyes and twitchy curled ears as the warrior took on the narrowed stance that caused her so much trouble, studying the movement carefully. Now, what was impressive, was the silence. Did they really have to be that quiet? She found sceptical, too, as Poppypaw generated power through the scream and yet it seemed to be what Mr.Crest wanted. First off, though, she had to set something right.

“But Mr. Crest! Bigcat said Poppy's stance was fine, because Poppy gets even more wobbly and uneven and falls when I keeps my paws so close together. Look!”
She demonstrated, a wide stance turning narrow – much like that of Lioncrest – and though (despite she wobbles) she managed to keep her balance for a few wobbly seconds, once the time came to walk, Poppypaw was soon sprawled out on the ground. She lifted her head.
“Bigcat said Poppy can keep a wider stance, since it gives Poppy more stability, mhm! Poppy likes the wider stance, more, too! I fall less!”
She mewed happily, pushing herself back up resuming her stance once more – this time wider and more stable, less likely to fall despite stiff leg movements and wobbles as she snuck closer to a leaf (unsheathing her claws like she had seen Mr. Crest do just now) and pounced forward! Her landing halted and aided by claws digging through the leaf into the ground, this time suppressing her call of strength being replaced a good Oof!

“Was that good, Mr. Crest, was that good??”
She asked, looking up excitedly.

[ @Jayvines ]

~ Lioncrest ~

A combination of understanding, embarrassment, and indignation washed over the large tom as his wobbly apprentice explained their previous instructions and how they had managed to keep themselves stable. Who was this 'Bigcat' anyways, and why had they assumed their superiority in training over his own?! Taking a long inhale to collect himself (it wouldn't do to loose his composure in front of his apprentice), Lioncrest merely let out a low hum of acknowledgement towards their statements before flicking his tail to indicate that they should proceed.

Amber eyes carefully observed their movements, evaluating each pawstep and giving a proud nod towards the small cat as she caught her target.

"Very good indeed," he rumbled, standing and gesturing for Poppypaw to follow. "Let us test your mettle against an actual target. Follow my lead and strike when you're prepared."

Large paws padded along softly, eyes tracking the foliage before suddenly halting and flicking his tail in front of his apprentice to stop her movement. A vole, small and plump, was skittering around a nearby root scavenging for prey of its own. Gently nodding towards the small creature, the large golden tom crouched down to observe how she proceeded.

[ @Estelle Imma get that report out, but feel free to reply here with Poppy's catch. I'll probably plop another short reply after just to wrap things up. ]