View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2017, 12:49 AM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
Juniperpaw found that she really liked Daypaw, and hoped they could become close friends. Not like Cricket - Don't compare yourself to Cricketpaw; it's stupid. Juniperpaw nodded once more, rather motivated after Daypaw's convincing words. She squared her shoulders, raising her head confidently. She was purring softly, her green gaze gentle with appreciation as she looked at the ShadowClan medicine cat. ``Thank you so much. I - I promise I will prove them wrong, I'll show you I can.`` To everyone who said I can't, watch me! She was smiling, determination practically radiating off her.

And then, she realized that Daypaw had straight-up told her they had just about nobody in ShadowClan. Juniperpaw didn't know if Daypaw would react negatively or positively to her compassion, so she decided to go at it in a more discreet way. ``Geckoleaf really loves you, I think. I don't doubt that she'd do anything for you; you two are like mother and kit. I hope that eventually, we can look at each other as siblings, because I like having you around, too.`` Juniperpaw felt more comfortable now, much more at ease. She sank back even further on her haunches, her tail curled at her side and the tip twitching casually.

``Now, you said goldenrod is for scratches, and tansy is for coughs. Use catmint for coughing queens, right? Never tansy. And where do you find these herbs? Oh, right! What's the next herb you need? Just describe it to me, and I'll get it back to you in a heartbeat!`` Juniperpaw's features were some of kit-like excitement, eagerly itching to learn. It were almost as if she had two mentors, which she discovered she couldn't be more grateful for. Instead of looking at Daypaw with jealousy and distrust, Juniperpaw now looked at Daypaw with admiration and respect.
Daypaw didnt know how to react to Juniperpaws kind words, so instead they gave a small nod signalling they had heard her. They werent one to sow affection a lot, but they appreciated it nonetheless, even if they didnt physically show it.They had a hard time when expressing their emotions to others, but they hoped Juniper could tell. She was no Cricketpaw and she never would be, and Daypaw had accepted that. They accepted Cricketpaw wasnt going to be walking back here, reclaiming the spot that had once been hers. Juniperpaw was here now, and Daypaw didnt feel like wasting their time and energy avoiding the apprentice.

¨There should be a thick twig around in that pile. It doesnt smell like anything, its Burdock root. Used to heal and sooth scratches and its what we use for rat or animal bites mainly.¨ they mewed, looking over to the pile of herbs they had collected. Riverclans territory was much different then Shadowclans. Much more..wet. Rivers running through their territory, and wasnt as dark and shadowy as back home. It was comforting, Daypaw never liked the dark. But they collected the herbs anyway after much searching. ¨Theyre the roots of Burdock trees. You can tell they are burdock by scratching the tree and seeing what color it is under the grey bark.¨ they mewed, thinking back to what Geckoleaf had taught them. They had learned a lot while here, and fast. They were a fast learner, soaking up information like a sponge. They wondered how much Gecko had taught her, or how much seeing as she was a newer apprentice.

They didnt know if theyd grow close to Juniper. They didnt know if theyd have a sibling bond. Honestly, Daypaw didnt know at this point. Geckoleaf had been a rarity, growing close to her instantly. But Daypaw was always hesitant to trust others. They could be the most pure, good cat there is and Daypaw would still be hesitant. Its just how they were with things, better safe then sorry. But..they might give Juniper and chance. It seemed like no one else was going to.

¨Has Gecko trained you at all?¨