View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
"Wh-" To say in the least, the leader was caught off guard by Shinefang's correction, the tip of his tail quivering a bit in uneasiness. Does everyone know? And then the medicine cat went on to mention that the medicine cat always knows, causing him to relax a bit and place a rather sheepish smile on his muzzle. "Right, I... Apologize, just a habit to try and keep that information concealed. I don't want cats to worry, even though it's just one life lost they might grow fearful."
Grousestar fell quiet as Shinefang went about examining the wounds he had mentioned, unable to stop himself from flinching when he went to part the fur from the wounds, just barely able to conceal a small grimace of pain. To say in the least, they had made his morning walk a little less enjoyable. "I'm assuming that's a bad thing, huh?" A slight frown touched his muzzle as he glanced to look down at the one on his chest. An angry red wound was never a good wound and even the leader knew that. But he had faith that Shinefang knew what he was doing, even if he hadn't gotten much direct training from another medicine cat. Sitting still as the marigold was applied, he did pretty good in not flinching away this time since he mostly expected it; the leader focusing his gaze elsewhere to try and take his mind off of it. "Good to hear there weren't any terrible injuries on our side, but what about Wheatfur? He's...?" Turning his emerald gaze back to the medicine cat, a look of sadness crossed his face. "That's terrible. I'm sorry to hear of his passing." He hadn't really gotten to know the medicine cat, or any of the others to be perfectly honest, but he remembered seeing him at the gatherings with the others and Grousestar was never really happy to hear of a cats death. Unless of course, it was a cat that caused harm to any of his clan, but that's a different story.
"Understood." Purred out the leader with a nod when he was instructed that the marigold would need to be reapplied at least twice a day until the redness of his two wounds went down. He was nearly ready to settle back down in his nest when Shinefang's question caused him to pause and tilt his head. "Hm? Older Syndicate cat?" Glancing away, he had to think about it. There had been several cats he had fought before he slowly nodded and looked back at the medicine cat. "I believe there was an older tom that came up trying to fight.. Though he didn't really put up much of a fight. Much too old, too tired and too frail to be on the battle field if you ask me, but then again perhaps he was tuckered out from fighting others beforehand."
"Yeah, maybe," Shinefang said evenly. It had been a sad moment for him to fight a cat to old to do more than rant and ramble and land an occasional lucky blow. It had been like looking at himself not to far in the future from now. He sighed. There was time to fret about his age later. "The new moon will be happening here soon. Figure I'll go let some medicine cat do whatever ceremony they've got to do for me to be legitimate. I had hoped that Wheatfur could do it, but plans change I suppose. That Shadowclan medicine cat ought to be close to getting their full name. Suppose I could ask them." The old tom was thinking out loud now, and kind of enjoying having a talk with a cat who wasn't ill. Little beaten and bloodied, but not ill. He enjoyed chatting with Grousetar anyway.

"I'll be sure to let you know if they give me any hints about this nonsense between Thunderclan and Windclan. Have you given any more thought to that mess?" It was something that had been on Shinefang's mind off and on since the gathering, and he wondered where his leader stood on the matter.