View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2017, 10:12 AM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Hearing what Shinefang said, the leader could only raise a brow in quiet surprise, but elected not to say anything as it seemed the tom would continue on talking, likely to expand on his current statement. "Now Shinefang, there is a cat for everyone. A she-cat should not love you for your appearance, but for your heart. And I agree that the clan does need a medicine cat, thought I'm not quite sure what you meant by Starclan not having any influence on your decision." The tip of his tail flicked slightly, the thought worrying him that the new medicine cat wasn't overly fond, or downright hateful to their warrior ancestors. Grousestar, while he had no true relationship with Starclan as a medicine cat and Starclan have, he did have a lot of faith in them, and believed in their importance for clan life. Without Starclan to guide them.. How would they continue? Grousestar was fond of Starclan, even if he didn't always understand their mysterious ways.
Shinefang's words did little to sate his worry, all of the toms mentioning of his distaste for their warrior ancestors only made him more uncomfortable. His parents were in Starclan, and surely his brother too, along with the family's and friends of others, and leaders past. They were not to be disrespected in Grousestar's mind. So he seemed quite visibly uncomfortable when Shinefang stated that he'd rather like to line his nest with their glittering pelts, though made no motion to stop the cat from speaking. He had the right to his own opinion. "Right, I appreciate your honesty, and I appreciate your willingness to share whatever Starclan sends you. I'm sure you will make a fine medicine cat for Skyclan." With an almost awkward smile, the leader would nod towards the tom to affirm what he had said with a physical notion.
Shinefang listened, amused at Grousetar's truly adorable speech on love and what was in his heart. Sometimes, he forgot how dreamy-eyed and wishy-washy his leader could be. He flicked his tail dismissively. "Eh who had time for any of that. My heart's made of thistles and burrs, didn't you know?" he meowed with a mrrow of laughter. "Anyway, not interested. Slatepelt was the only shecat for me." A hint of bitterness crept into his voice at that remark. He had loved his former mate more than the old tom had thought possible to love any cat. She had been brilliant, beautiful, and a strong warrior. And then she had to go and die during her kitting, leaving him to grief for her, their kits, and walk through life all alone after promising him they would always be together. He couldn't forgive her for not fighting harder to stay with him, or Starclan for taking her from him. They were supposed to live a long life together, and raise their kits, and serve their clan until it was time for them both to retire and hold each other in the elder's den until Starclan came for them. Instead, Starclan had shredded their plans with glittering claws, and his dear mate had treacherously joined their lofty ranks and left him to suffer alone.

There wasn't much left to say next. Shinefang could tell pretty easily that Grousestar wasn't happy about his feelings for Starclan. He hadn't expected him to be, but he wouldn't lie or apologize. He felt what he felt, and if it had truly been too much for Grousestar to bear that, he wouldn't still be allowing him to act as the medicine cat. He bowed to his leader. "Thank you. Guess I ought to get to it. You have a good day now. Announce my new duties if you like, or don't. Whatever you like. I'm sure cats will figure it out either way." With that, the old warrior, but new medicine cat turned to leave the den, eager to see which herbs were around, and that he knew. But before he left, he tuned to add one last thing. "By the way, I may know more than the average cat about these herbs, but could still use some guidance. Do you suppose another clan's medicine cat may be able to give me a few tips? Maybe, Wheatfur from Thunderclan."

(Eye of the Storm and I already have this RP going. Now it makes sense in the context of the world. Hooray for continuity!)