Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: from one to the other [p]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post

[ Cherryswirl - 52 Moons]
She/Her | Chaotic Good | Lionheart
Go With The Flow [Active]

As Minkpaw spoke, her attention had been turned away. Ears fluttered back and forth, as Cherryswirl surveyed the sounds of the territory to make sure they were clear of any potential danger. No scent of the other clans here... no scent of predators lingered, only confirmed by the lack of prints in the light snowy dusting on the ground. Proceed! Though, her left ear seemed to catch wind of Minkpaw's heavy breathing behind her, her head quickly following to stare with a soft smile,

"If I go too fast, let me know. Once you got about... geez, fifty or so moons under your pelt, you get to know this territory very well. I was just... hmmm." Cherryswirl tutted softly, her head swiveling in two different directions, "I'm trying to decide which way to go. If we head to the springs, that's where I found Juniper berries before and tons of moss. If we head towards the river, we'll be most likely to find the coltsfoot but it'll probably be all wilted right now. Thyme was towards the Windclan border... I think..." Cherryswirl seemed to mutter to herself, before glancing back a final time. There was a flash behind her eyes - sadness, familiarity maybe? - as she looked over Minkpaw before finally speaking,

"Let's head to the springs first! It'll be much warmer anyways," The lionheart shivered slightly as she spoke, shaking out her thick pelt. "We can nose around there for a bit, then head to the river, then as the sun gets higher in the sky, we can head towards Windclans border. It'll be warmer then too." Nodding her head for the apprentice to follow, Cherryswirl began to walk, though a bit brisk in her step, towards the Springs. They had a pretty long journey, she didn't want Minkpaw to get worn out before they barely started! Nothing a little conversation wouldn't fix while they were walking,

"So! Minkpaw! How's your training coming so far? Is your mentor treating you well?"

[ @al3cc766 ]

#minkpaw766
->> minkpaw [she/they, rc apprentice, 11moons, the collector, herb1] <<-
a dark blueish grey bengal-patterned she cat with silver eyes

the apprentice followed cherryswirls example and looked around, trying to guess what the warrior was looking for, she couldnt see anything specifc herself and couldnt think of anything specific there could be. maybe she was trying to determine whether or not a specific herb would be around at this time of year? or trying to remember where they normally grow.. no. cherryswirl was smart, she wouldnt forget where herbs grow. surely not! maybe it was something else hmmm
"oh dont mind me! im just- well im still adjusting to all the running again-" she mewed, huffing a laugh, her breathing already a bit slower now that she was running anymore, curse her short legs. fifty moons..that seemed like a long long time off, what would riverclan be like in fifty moons? who would be her friends? would birdsnow be birdstar then? who would be the medine cat? maybe her friend cobwebpaw- oh! she would have her warrior name then! cobwebpaw and adderpaw and eaglekit and all the other apprentices too! there would be so many new kits and apprentices in 50 moons, maybe she would even have one by then. that was a scary thought, teaching another cat how to be a good warrior and how to fight well when she herself didnt really know how to do that.
that was it, cherryswirl hadnt been looking for anything specific but trying to decide where to go! that made sense.
thyme by the windclan border, juniper berries, whatever that was, and moss at heaven springs and coltsfoot by the river, but that was apperantly wilted so it must be a herb that doesnt grow in leaf bare.
she repeated in her head, she had found that repeating things helps her memorise, but actually going to look for herbs would leave her mind no option but to remember it.
"sounds good to me!" heaven springs, another place she hadnt been at in far too long, recent patrols only taking her up to their gravesite multible times.. which is kind of weird now that shes thinking about it, whatever, she would have to find a warrior or two to take up to heaven springs again soon, to check out the herbs on her own again, maybe see if there was something else to find up there.
springs first, then river, then towards the windclan border, this certainly sounded like a lot of walking but she was more than willing, excited even, to do so, ears twitching excitedly, the cold had no chance to sour her mood.
"my training hmm, pinefire just started training me again! you know, its kinda funny, pinefire was apprenticed only a few moons before i was, so we get along pretty well!" pinefire was easily her best mentor yet, past ones probably doing their best to work around her sporadic training but ultimately either going missing or just..not doing their work.

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements