View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2017, 10:20 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Kila's Wanderings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post

(Oh my, this worked out perfectly for what I had planned.)

*slightly earlier*
West wandered through this particular patch of forest with a bored gaze, his pure white tail waving back and forth as if he was angry. He was frustrated, but not angry, at having nothing to do because it let him sink into his own thoughts, and he hated that more than anything else in the world. It had been a moon since he'd left ThunderClan camp, and he almost missed the constant busyness that came along with being around a lot of cats. I need more friends. The problem was that there weren't many cats that ended up liking West when they first met him.
He was distracted for a moment when his stomach growled, and he almost groaned when he realized he'd actually have to catch his own prey. There wasn't going to be a pile of prey waiting for him when he came home. "It's alright, I'm skilled at hunting," He muttered to himself. The tom could almost imagine his sister's snickers if she had heard him say that. 'You always get too carried away when you hunt:' He knew that was exactly what'd she say.
Opening his mouth, he caught scent of a squirrel nearby. He followed it carefully, but wasn't able to get close before it spotted him and ran up a tall pine. As he gazed up at it, it flicked it's tail at him and made a sound similar to a laugh; as if it was mocking him! It took only seconds for West's eye to begin twitching, and soon he was launching himself up the tree after it. "I'll show you," He growled.

West was high up in the tree by the time Kila wandered close to it. He was balanced precariously on the uppermost branches, swaying slighting in the breeze. Unfortunately, the squirrel had just taken the leap and had landed in a nearby tree, and the tom was just wondering if he would be able to make that jump as well.
Kila groaned lightly when she reached the tree, already scenting the squirrel's scent so close to it. Annoyance flashed through her amber eyes, peering up into the trees, searching for the prey through a narrowed gaze. Is it worth the climb? She wondered, fixing her eyes on the prey. It was rather plump, and she did like squirrel. And she knew Ori would, too. And Tide. Kila thought about this for a moment, ears twitching. "If I die.." She grumbled, but she let herself trail off and backed away, before bounding forward and leaping up onto the lowest branch, which luckily was so low that it wasnt much of an effort to get onto. Kila felt her breath quicken, but she refused to acknowledge the growing fear in her stomach.

The she-cat let her eyes flick up again, but this time she took notice of the Tom sitting within the trees, and frowned. "Dangit.." Obviously, there was no way of her getting the prey before he did. So, the she-cat sat back to watch, mentally going through the ways to flirt it out of him. Perhaps if she treated him nicely - Blech - She could... She knew it was lazy, but today was a lazy day, right? Kila was definitely in a lazy mood at least. Moving around did that. Either way, Kila was still interested to see how the Tom handled the hunt - She was always interested to see any cat climb, since she couldnt do so herself. In fact, she... Though she would never admit it... Would have liked to learn a thing or two about it. Tide had tried to teach her but... Kila didnt exactly trust her when it came to trees.

Plus, this Tom, for some odd reason, piqued her interest. Kila dug her claws lightly into the branch and allowed her tail to swivel back and forth over the ground. She didnt like the fact that she was interested in a Tom, but she reminded herself that she wasnt interested in him, just what he was doing. And she was interested in trying to bribe the prey out of him. That's it. Kila thought, watching West through narrowed amber eyes. This Tom meant nothing to her. Nothing, at all.... At least, that's what she would tell herself.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust

Last edited by Random Melody; August 18th, 2017 at 10:22 PM.