View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2017, 09:15 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post

For a moment, the black tom was stunned. She looked terrified at the mere mention of the Syndicate. They couldn't be that awful. He thought, the tip of his tail twitching. Apparently she had heard some pretty terrible things about them. His hues softened and he looked away from her-- anywhere but at her frantic expression. She seemed desperate to get him to stay away from the Syndicate. They aren't that bad. He told himself again, shaking his head slightly as he watched her. But Calia continued to speak about the Syndicate. She mentioned something about a 'Halestorm--' what kind of a name was that?-- and then appeared to be begging him not to go. There has to be some reason-- something personal, maybe? No one's this determined to keep a stranger away from a place unless they know by personal experience that it's really that bad. He thought.

This was really what the tom thought. Why would anyone, for any reason want to be stop a stranger unless they walked towards certain death? The Clans weren't for him. He knew they had strange names like Hale...storm? What-- it didn't matter. He wasn't going to the Clans, and that was perfectly final in his mind. "Look. You seem like a decent cat. I don't think you'd try and intentionally do me harm. But the Clans are not a place where I'm interested in going. They don't sound like they would be a place where a cat like me would fit in. As long as I can win their approval? The Syndicate'll take me. Trust isn't too important there, not from what I've heard. There's always fighting going on. Killing, sometimes." His expression darkened. It was obvious that this much, at least, was not too appealing to the dark furred tom.

"I appreciate your concern. But it's my decision to make."
His voice once again became colder, and he looked away from her, back down at his paws. It was his decision! He didn't care whether she wanted him to stay, or leave, or go to the Clans or Syndicate or even to another twoleg nest-- it wasn't her decision. Well, technically the whole thing about leaving was. But she couldn't say whether he had to stay or go to a certain place. She could use force-- but he might be able to get away anyways.

She couldn't tell him what to do. And, while Obsidian found her concern interesting at least; a break from the cats he'd grown up around; he was more interested in keeping his options open. "I'm not even sure if I'll join yet. I'm just going there to check it out. To see if it's the type of place I want to live the rest of my life in." He told her, as though he thought by mentioning this he could make things better somehow. It was an awkward statement to make-- at least at the moment-- but he felt as though he should say something to lighten the situation a little more. Just the slightest bit. He wanted to assure her it was going to be fine-- but she was a stranger. And that was an unnecessary thing to do, therefore he would keep it out of their interactions until he was ready to go.
Calia couldn't help but flinch at his cold tone. He had been so cheerful just a moment before... She had caused him negativity; his change of attitude was on her - what right did she have to warn him to `chill`? She could only nod in response. She didn't know what could make him blow, and she wasn't yet ready to experience the mysterious, dark-pelted tomcat's temper. From there on out, she came to the conclusion that she'd best step carefully around Obsidian. He was still a stranger to her however much she may not see him as one. She didn't know him, just as he didn't know her. Calia could learn a thing or two from him, starting with how to act around strangers.

See, at first sight Calia tends to see the good in others. For example, in Obsidian, she saw a young traveler just trying to live life. She didn't see a troubling past behind his eyes, or a caged heart in his chest. Now, though... she still didn't see anything bad in him. He was young and confused, and simply did not know what to do. So she helped him. After all... she was a caretaker.

She wound the final stalks into the nest, and she then stepped back to observe her work. A proud smile could be found on Calia's face as she looked at the fresh nest. ``There we go! All done! Feel free to try it out - there really isn't much to do anyway,`` She chirped cheerfully, happy she succeeded in finishing the nest. Calia then scooped up the remaining stalks and trotted over to her own nest with them. She dropped them by her bed, sat down, and began to freshen up her own nest. She hadn't changed her nest in quite some time; it was getting quite ratty.

Then her mind, after the brief distraction caused by the nest, drifted back to their previous topic. Obsidian was clearly determined to visit the Dusk Syndicate no matter what she said. She discovered he was a rather stubborn tomcat which she swiftly accepted. However, worry continued to nip at her paws, creating a nervous fidget. How would she live with herself, knowing she let an innocent tomcat join the Dusk Syndicate, possibly leading to his death? He himself claimed that killing took place in the Syndicate, and what if he were to become a victim to some murderers' evil scheme? She tensed at the thought, her claws that bound the stalks together getting tangled as she let herself lose focus. With a huff of annoyance, Calia narrowed her eyes and tore her unsheathed claws from the bundle. She got to work once more.

``Just be careful,`` Calia breathed softly, almost to herself. She didn't want Obsidian to die. She probably would never see him again, not if he died nor lived, and she most likely wouldn't even know if he died or not... but, still, it was in her nature to care and worry. Her tail-tip flicked anxiously for her guest. She still didn't look at him, acknowledging the fact that nervous cats became even much more anxious beneath watching eyes.

She cleared her throat, and picked up on a new topic. She didn't see their current conversation going anywhere good, actually. ``Do you have any family? I mean - don't feel like you need to answer that. Just, I guess... trying to start conversation... Hey, know what? Here's an easier question. What's your favorite prey?`` Calia's tone was brighter now as she rambled.