View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2018, 10:11 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
"Not thyme," the medicine cat assured the young apprentice. "It's very safe." His bigger concern was the sheer amount of poppy seeds he'd given her earlier. It was higher than usual. Much higher because he needed the apprentice to sleep through the pain of losing an entire body part. And now looking at her, she seemed groggy. Normally when he gave the seeds, cats woke up looking fairly rested. Was it even safe for her to sleep after taking that many? The medicine cat tried not to show the agony he was in as his mind raced.
Gorsepaw nodded, her question answered. The two cats- medicine cat and his patient- stayed silent for a little bit, and eventually sent the apprentice to sleep.

This time the tabby dreamed about war- from the past and future. The last major one involving all the clans was at the gathering about one or more moons ago. Halite, the then Dusk Syndicate commander, had barged into seastones and ordered their cats to attack. There was also conflict between WindClan and ThunderClan of course. That'll be the next thing. GorsePaw hadn't heard much about the battles for a long time. The only word that had spread around camp was that ShadowClan had picked a side. Which? Gorsepaw couldn't remember. She had also heard word-not a lot-of a patrol skirmish between WindClan and ThunderClan at the border. It's all going down hill...what if the clans are destroyed forever? We can't live like this...fighting over everything...we should live in harmony...but I know that's not always the case...
The brown tabby she-cat drifted further into sleep but there were no dreams, just black, black and silence. So much silence. Time passed quickly and hours-or minuites, maybe moons, she couldn't tell- went by in heartbeats. Heartbeats...my heart beats...my heart still beats! I'm alive! I'm alive!

Gorsepaw woke as a breeze ruffled her fur. Suddenly, all her energy came back and she shot up excitedly. "I'm alive!" The Molly yowled triumphantly. Then she looked back at her tail. It was like the little fluffy tails that Rabbits had. Gorsepaw leaped from her best and started hopping around the medicine den, hyper and ecstatic. "ShineFang!" She called "what do you think? I feel so much better! Do you reckon I could leave soon? Or maybe today?"