View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2018, 11:21 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: February Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post

Surgestorm almost nodded grimly as Shinefang began to first speak, but wasn't given a chance before the older cat smoothly slid in a joke to ease the truth of his words. His smile brightened significantly at that, and he couldn't help but to agree. "Shouldn't be too much longer, I presume," He meowed, seeing as it would probably rain tonight. Little did he know the size of the actually storm that was coming. Yellow orbs shifted away to observe the leaders for a second, but returned when he caught sight of the wince from the corner of his gaze. That was all it really took for him to know the problem - with at least 90 percent accuracy. He kept his mouth shut for the moment as the conversation moved smoothly along. "Ah... the rabbits have been running well. Any lack of food just makes our warriors lighter and faster, or at least that's how I see it," He meowed with a chuckle. "Nobody is starving, anyways." The tom shook away the memory of Blazingstar wasting away in his den not too long ago, careful not to let his expression give away the panic that memory brought him every time.
He went quickly to his place of solace to shake the feeling: his memories of herbs. "Zerosight once taught me that the best remedy for aching joints was ragwort leaves every morning and a nest of comfrey root for nights," The medicine cat spewed the information slightly randomly after giving a quick nod down to the other toms legs. "Said it worked wonders for him." He hoped that would be more helpful than it was random and weird.
Shinefang nodded along with the other tom's news of his clan, gathering what he could about the other cat from this small interaction. Lack of food makes them lighter and faster? Next he'll tell me that dirt smells like fresh catmint too, he thought to himself. There was something odd at the end of his little speech though. An odd twinge of something Shinefang couldn't quite place before it was gone. Unease? Fear? He couldn't say. His ear gave a thoughtful twitch. "Always good news," he replied evenly. At the mention of aching joints, Shinefang looked squarely at Surgestorm, his eye narrowing as he looked the black-furred tom up and down. So here was another thing he had learned: this one had sharp eyes... Breaking the silence with a good-natured chortle, Shinefang replied in a low whisper. "Nothing gets past you, huh?" He went on, speaking at normal volume. "I'll have to remember that for some of the Skyclan elders. Sounds a lot more practical than daisy leaves on the joints," he remarked, remembering Daydream's suggestion. He had only tried it once, and had felt it made him look too feeble to walk around camp with herbs plastered to his own body. "Not all of them want to sit still to have their joints wrapped, but they all like to sleep." He gave Surgestorm a grateful nod, letting the unspoken thanks hang between them.

Last edited by Charmer; February 17th, 2018 at 11:27 PM.