Thread: Windy Hills
View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2024, 11:02 AM
fatha it's me michael

Bump Policy: 4 Days
My Mood: Paranoid

Default Re: Windy Hills

A tall tri-colored she-cat with blue/green heterochromia.
a light Russian accent [purr after an R]
Purrk(s): Monkey's Paw (wish & withdrawal determined)
Not the most social cat
Maplepaw blinked at Lightningstorm when she called her "Words."
Interesting... nickname.
She had never been called anything but "Maplepaw" before, so it felt a bit weird. But.. it also felt nice, too. A tiny bit of euphoria bloomed in her chest. But wait, Lightningstorm was explaining more stuff. Maplepaw's ears were perked up, one ear listening to the medicine cat and the other towards the sky. just in case an eagle thinks they're lunch.

Maplepaw nodded at Lightningstorm, and started to follow the rabbit scent. As she got closer to the rabbit scent, she started to feel a sense of rubatosis. Yes, the medicine cat did say she would not be disappointed if she did not catch the rabbit, and that catching the rabbit was of little consequence. But, Maplepaw could not help but panic a little. She was close to the age of a warrior. Surely, she would be expected to know how to hunt? Now, the rabbit scent was now at its strongest, and her heart was now starting to beat faster. As Lightningstorm had said, rabbits were slower than hares, but only by a bit, and they had huge ears, so they could also probably hear better. One single misstep, and the rabbit would be off. But, firstly, there were already many noises, and the susurration of the grass and wind were not helping at all. Secondly, this was Windy Hills. Some bird in the sky could call out, and the rabbit would be gone.

She crouched lower to the ground, and got ready to leap. A bit of adrenaline rushed through her. It was either now or never.

Maplepaw waited a few seconds... then she leaped!

She landed directly on the rabbit, and it started to thump its back legs. It took a while, but Maplepaw bit its neck, and the rabbit fell limp beneath her. As she stared down at the dead rabbit, she felt a tingle of frisson. She actually did it. She actually succeeded in hunting her first try. Maplepaw glanced back at Lightningstorm, and the euphoric feeling was back. She was finally learning. She was no longer an apprentice with a lack of skills in hunting; now, she was competent.

39/100
@Alchemist Kitsune [pfft I love "Words"
I've also tried to use a lot of fancy words in my writing,
hopefully it's not too hard to read!!
also, that's okay, maybe "Words" could learn some
herbs from Lightning :0]

Skeleton you are my friend,
but you are made of bone.

my characters | my carrd

Last edited by wendigo; March 17th, 2024 at 11:03 AM.