View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2017, 11:26 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Apprentices' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by meraki View Post
Staring out into space, the young tortoiseshell-and-white apprentice hardly even noticed the entrance of the large, black Maine Coon. Nettlepaw didn't know Nightpaw well at all- in fact,
she'd doubted he'd ever spoken to her once. Of course, that was no surprise to the mute she-cat; most avoided her. Found her 'weird', but Nettle couldn't blame them. She wasn't at all normal; she knew that for a fact. Normal cats weren't scared of everything that moved. Normal cats made friends. Normal cats talked.
But Nettle was perfectly fine without talking. She was a listener; a good listener. Though eavesdropper would be more accurate, as no one really told her much. She didn't exactly have friends, and she doubted anyone even knew her name. Nettle had been brought to the camp by a warrior who'd found her as a kit. She'd run away from abusive twolegs at a mere 3 moons old, though must have come a long way because there weren't many twoleg dwellings anywhere near the SkyClan camp.
Since then, Nettlepaw had only said one thing; her name. That was the last time she'd spoken.

But now her gaze drifted from the wall, and fell upon the Maine Coon once more, who seemed to be angrily licking his pelt while sitting in a nest that was becoming too small for the large cat. Thoughts returned to Nettlepaw's head, questions that most likely wouldn't be answered.
What is your name?
How many moons are you?
Are you excited to be a warrior?
Do you like your mentor?
Have you learned any new hunting tips?
Do you like hunting or fighting more?
Would you be my friend?

But none of those questions would ever be asked by the selectively mute she-cat, who was scared to approach a kit let alone a cat her own age. Nettlepaw's gaze fell down to her paws as she shifted awkwardly in her too-big nest, staring at the feathers and leaves that made up the cozy bed. The feathers were all different colours, some grey, some brown, some white, some black. She wondered who caught the bird who's feathers had been used to give her comfort at night. Who'd eaten that bird? Did the bird have any chicks of its' own? Had they seen things indescribable as they flew above the clouds? Or had they spent their moons quiet, silent, and never flying for fear of falling?
Pausing his grooming, the tom glanced up to see Nettlepaw staring at him. He had never spoken to her directly - however, he had heard stories of the partly mute cat who resided in SkyClan. Never before had he heard her say a word. And he sincerely doubted that he ever would. "What are you staring at me for?" His voice came off as accusing, although he had meant it to be a generally curious question. The tom wasn't one who spoke a ton either. So how were they supposed to have a conversation? How could they have one anyways, when Nettlepaw didn't speak? Why doesn't she talk? It was a question that was playing over and over in Nightpaw's mind. Now, one thing about the tom was that he was considered a bully. He was considered the type of cat that you would stay away from, if you had what was considered a disability. The type of cat you wouldn't want to cross paths with. "For real though, I don't even know who you are, so why are you-" Nightpaw's voice had risen to an aggressive level, and he stopped when he realized the she cat wasn't even looking at him anymore.

What had she wanted? Why had she been staring at him? He really wanted to know, but at the same time... he wasn't sure that he would ever find out. See, with a cat like Nettlepaw, or at least a cat who had her particular condition, Nightpaw was pretty sure you wouldn't be able to get much information out of them. Since Nettlepaw couldn't speak. Or, what was it... she could, but she wouldn't. Stubborn - much like Nightpaw himself, although it seemed the black tom had missed the point entirely. "I'm Nightpaw. And I'm pretty sure I've heard of you - you're that mute cat, aren't you?" Again, his voice sounded scornful. As though he were above Nettlepaw because she was mute and he wasn't. Whether she had the ability to talk or not didn't matter, because she didn't talk.

Even if she stammered, it wouldn't make the black tom feel so frustrated. He hated having things out of his control. And this was a number one thing that he couldn't control, the way that someone else talked. Or, didn't talk, rather. At least she wasn't friends with that grey idiot. It would make him furious if she decided to run off with someone like that weak apprentice... or soon to be warrior rather. Nightpaw might not have seen Azulpaw lately, but he still hated the tom with every fiber of his being. And he was certain that Nettlepaw would feel the same way if she met him. He was such a smart mouth! Perhaps if things were different, they would be friends. But if things were different, Nightpaw would be ruling the world and there wouldn't be any other clans.

He didn't like the other clans. Didn't trust them. He believed them to be sneaky and suspicious and awful. Nightpaw's yellow eyes fixed themselves on Nettlepaw, not quite thinking about whether or not she would be uncomfortable by this. Then again, rare was the occasion when the tom really thought of others. He wasn't thoughtful. The word wasn't in Nightpaw's vocabulary, and he certainly wasn't going to be thoughtful towards a cat whom he had just met... in this case, Nettlepaw. Besides, the sting of heartbreak was still fresh and it was ten times harder to try making a friend with a broken heart, wasn't it? That's what it seemed like to Nightpaw. Yes, so much could be different... but it wasn't, and the tom didn't have the energy to try and make it that way. Besides! He liked the way he was. There was nothing wrong with some arrogance now and again, was there?

No.

Absolutely not.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.