View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2022, 05:52 PM
Pfp from Charat.me

Bump Policy: don't bump me if you don't want bumped
My Mood: Lonely

Default Medicine Cat Ceremony

Apprenticeship for medicine cats usually lasts much longer than those for warriors.[2] The cat must learn about all available herbs and remedies, and the treatment of diseases and injuries.[3]

Once the Clan's medicine cat is satisfied with the apprentice's knowledge, they go to the Clans' sacred place (such as the Moonstone or Moonpool).[4] This is the only ceremony that is not performed by the Leader.[1] The following words are used, by tradition:

Medicine Cat: I, (name), medicine cat of (Clan), call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. (He/she) has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help (he/she) will serve (his/her) Clan for many moons. (Apprentice), do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?
Apprentice: I do.
Medicine Cat: Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your true name as a medicine cat. (Apprentice), from this moment you will be known as (new name). StarClan honors your (virtues), and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of (Clan).[5]
The medicine cat rests their muzzle on the apprentice's head, and they lick the mentor's shoulder.[6] The other medicine cats greet them by their new name.[7]

Site: https://warriors.fandom.com/wiki/Medicine_cat_ceremony
ALL CREDIT GOES TO THIS SITE