View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2021, 02:42 PM
welcome to the garden

My Mood: Bashful

Default Re: well this doesn’t look like the dark forest [private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwriter View Post
@VALLIANCE

Falconglare listened curiously, sitting down on the verdant moss, eyes narrowed in mild confusion as she listened, “I—you’re right...” she admitted, sighing heavily, “I allowed the Dark Forest to prey on me when I was weak, and blinded by anger...I allowed them to control me, and...now I cannot get rid of them. They haunt my every thought, every dream, they...they nearly drove me mad.” Falconglare confessed. There was something about Grassfable that earned her trust uncharacteristically quickly. Perhaps it was the fact that she was once a ThunderClan cat, or the fact that she didn’t immediately condemn her for training in the Dark Forest in the first place.
Grassfable's eyes darkened for a moment. "I can't deny these are dark times. It seems the Place of No Stars grows in power every day." She gazed up into the sky, where millions of pinpricks of light glowed. "But if we stand strong..." She turned back to Falconglare. "We can overcome them.

"Now, it looks to me as if you need some practical advice," she said brusquely, padding over to Falconglare and brazenly assessing the warrior. "I'm assuming poppy seeds won't work-- though there was one queen I knew who suffered from terrible nightmares, and poppy seeds were just the thing." She twitched her ear. "You say you can't get rid of them?" In one sweep of her eyes, the experienced queen took stock of Falconglare, tail twitching. "Sleep deprived... you've been avoiding them." She shook her head. "Oh, dear, that's no way to live. I think I have an idea, " she mewed absentmindedly, "but first I want to know the situation. Every detail. What happens when you fall asleep? What brought you here?" Her gaze strayed to a shrew scuttling into its hole. "There was one kit I knew who was certain his mentor was a Dark Forst cat. Poor thing, his head wasn't all right. He said he saw owls growing out of the ground." She ruffled her pelt indignantly. "Owls! Are you sure your head is... nevermind. Don't answer that," the elder corrected, eyes twinkling. "I say too much. Where were we... oh yes! The Dark Forest." Grassfable turned to Falconglare expectantly.

"you have enemies? good. that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -victor hugo
bump me after 72 hrs
character site