View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2018, 08:32 AM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Default Re: WindClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

It was never a normal conversation with them. It was always yelling, bickering, fighting. Thea knew it wasn’t setting up a good example for the kits as they both agreed to put their differences aside, before their kits were born. Thea found the tom impossible to understand most times, but he was always a lot calmer than her. She was the one to always start the arguments, and he would always be the first to leave. Perhaps, it was in her advantage. Weaselshade could had hurt her with the simple stroke of his paw, but he hadn’t. He growled at her, but he hardly raised his voice nowadays. “Still. You shouldn’t have fought in the first place!” Now, she was trembling, but her expression maintained a stoic one. She stole a glance toward her kits to make sure they were occupied with playing and not the argument their parents had. Thea glared at the tom with crystal blue eyes. She had sighed loudly. Sometimes she wondered why she dealt with him, but now that they had kits, she couldn’t be rid of him that easily. He loved those kits as much as she did. Plus, she didn’t want to strip them as a father. Maybe, she was a little harsh on Weaselshade with her constant yelling and arguing with him. “I don’t care about those other cats!” She almost screamed at him, but clenched her teeth. “The only cat I was worrying over was you! You just don’t know how much I feared for your life! I prayed to Starclan to keep you safe! A bunch of dead cats I don’t believe in!” She stressed out. Weaselshade just didn’t know how long she been waiting at the entrance of the nursery to see him come back, hoping he would. He lifted a heavy burden off her heart when she seen him, safe but scarred. Thea flicked her tail to the kits. “Do you know what would had happened if you died out there? You would had striped those beautiful kits of a father. I didn’t go through pain giving birth to them just so you can die in war and not help me raise them!” Thea wanted to believe she didn’t need his help raising kits, but kits needed two parents to guide and nurture them. She couldn’t do it by herself no matter how much she convinced him. So, she did care about him. Even if she gave him the impression that she didn’t care. She had pulled away from looking him over at his last words. She felt like he just swung a heavy paw at her and it knocked her out. Thea knew she had upset him. She could never make him happy. Thea let out a huff and she padded past the tom toward their kits. She stopped midway, watching as he walked to the exit of the nursery. Thea shook her head. “I wouldn’t understand? I can’t understand anything if you don’t communicate with me. So, why don’t you talk to me like a real tom instead of leaving every time we get into an argument.” Thea sassed. Any other time she wouldn’t care if he left. She wouldn’t care if he hurt. So many moons, before the kits, he completely disregarded her. He hated her. He wanted nothing to do with her. He had hurt her, but she had heard the hurt in his tone, so she quickly ran up to block the exit, stopping his way. “No.” She shook her head, staring up at the tom. “You’re not leaving. You is not gonna leave here just because I’m making sure you’re okay and you don’t like me looking after you! You’re staying in here, and darn we is gonna be a big happy family!” She threw back, her voice raised, and she was pretty sure all the queens and kits could hear their quarrel. Even if they didn’t talk, Thea wouldn’t allow the tom to leave. She would have his company for the rest of that day whether he liked it or not.

They always bickered and fought, and one of them always left at the end. It didn't matter who, they just never stopped whoever was leaving. It was the way they were. That was why Weaselshade stopped and when she said the word no. He sat down and glared at her. She may have wanted her kits to be happy, but they were not doing to be happy if they saw they're mother yelling at their father. "Oh, so you think it's okay to tell me that I'm not a real tom, and then tell me to stay?" He was not yelling yet, but he knew it was loud enough for most everyone around them to hear. She always thought that it was okay for her to insult him, but if he got mad at her she would go and act miserable, at least she had a few times. If she thought that she could insult him, and then make him stay in the nursery she was wrong. He had apologized twice. What had he gotten in return, her yelling at him loud enough for the whole nursery to hear. She had done what she always did. He shouldn't have come back early to see her and the kits. He should have been killed by Passionblaze so that he wouldn't have to worry about what she'd act like when he came back. But he couldn't do that. "Haven't you realized I don't hate you, Thea? I came back here because of you! Most of the cats in this clan call you a kittypet, they think you're weak. I'm one of the only cats who doesn't and you have yelled at me for the majority of the time I've known you! I'm avoiding my own best friend so I won't have to hear bad things about you!" Weaselshade had been thinking all the words he had just said for the longest time, but he had never said they. Just thought them. He and Thea had been getting along fine, so there had been no need, but he couldn't stand it when she had yelled at him like that. He wanted to stay quite honestly, but he didn't want to stay and get yelled at. If she wanted him to stay, she needed to not yell at him, but that would be hard for her he assumed, because throughout the time he had known her that had been all she had done. He walked around her toward the nest, and sat down next to it. He would stay, but he would leave if she got too upset with him again.