View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2016, 10:07 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Skyrock

After his long journey, the brown tabby still had as much energy as ever, almost seeming to have more energy than usual as he came padding back into camp, tail held high, surely Rabbitfluff soon to follow, the one warrior he had invited to travel with him in order to receive his 9 lives. Grouseflurry, earlier this day, left camp with Rabbitfluff and an ancient Skyclan medicine cat and now came back only one of the original cats. Grouseflurry was no more, now it was Grousestar.
Never had the tom imagined that he would be called to become leader so soon, and if he were to be honest with himself, at all, and yet here he was, walking back into camp with a new name, new responsibilities and 9 lives. His fast-paced life was now even faster, but that didn't matter to him because he liked a challenge.
With a small nod to his companion, the brown tabby, with a grin on his muzzle, bounded his way up onto the Skyrock, a location in which he never thought he'd be standing. In fact, he was almost in awe standing on top of that rock where generations upon generations of Skyclan leaders had stood before him, almost speechless staring down at the camp below him. A camp of cats he loved and cared for and wanted to see thrive. They were his clan now, his to lead, his to take care of. And by Starclan was he going to do his best.

How does this go again.. Do I just yell..? Yes I think that's what I'm supposed to do. It had been practically a moon since any leader stood here to make an announcement, so long that Grousestar nearly forgot how to call every cats attention, that is until he took in a whooping breath and yowled out,
"All Skyclan cat's young enough to catch their own meals, may you please gather here beneath the Skyrock for an important meeting."

There was a pause, his ears flicking in slight embarrassment, quietly hoping that he didn't some how mess things up, though he was fairly confident that he had done it right. I wasn't too loud right? No of course not, I'm doing this right! Not quite feeling like standing, he sat down instead, neatly curling his tail over his paws and peering down below at the clan, waiting for them to gather, his grin never faltering or fading and a steady purr rumbling in his throat.
Sure he had some doubts about this whole thing, but what did that matter? He could do this, he would have Starclan's aid, he already had their approval and certainly hoped he had the approval of the cat's below. Their approval was important, but even if he didn't get everyone's approval, he would still do the best he could. He was an optimist. He believed he could do this, he believed Skyclan could pull through the dark times of mysterious high rank disappearances, he believed that Skyclan could be as strong as when it was first founded. He could do this. They could do this.
A leader is nothing without their clan.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?